AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Project 800/65

Junior Member Tyrisong has a reputation beyond repute Tyrisong has a reputation beyond repute Tyrisong has a reputation beyond repute Tyrisong has a reputation beyond repute Tyrisong has a reputation beyond repute Tyrisong has a reputation beyond repute Tyrisong has a reputation beyond repute Tyrisong has a reputation beyond repute Tyrisong has a reputation beyond repute Tyrisong has a reputation beyond repute Tyrisong has a reputation beyond repute Tyrisong's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2010 03:47 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Project 800/65

I started a thread here called Progression. I'll be honest, instead of practicing since then I found a new job and have been buried in it. Now I have a massive summer homework assignment.

The Criteria:

1. Purchase a new sketchbook. This sketchbook must be solidly bound, have a minimum of 100 leaves (a single sheet of paper is called a leaf), and be 8.5" x 11". This must be a brand new sketchbook and may not have any other work in it.

2. Obtain the following textbooks:
    · Edwards, Betty. The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. New York:
    Jeremy P. Tarcher/Putnam, 1999. ISBN 0-87477-424-1.
    · Edwards, Betty. The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain Workbook.
    New York: Jeremy P. Tarcher/Putnam, 2002. ISBN 1-58542-195-2.

Please fill the sketchbook (not the Workbook) from cover to cover with drawings using the following criteria:

· Begin by doing all of the exercises in the Workbook. Do them once in the Workbook exactly as directed by Betty Edwards. Then repeat each assignment in your sketchbook. In the sketchbook, you will do each of Betty Edwards’ assignments 2 times per page. Obviously, the drawings will be smaller in the sketchbook than in the Workbook. When you have completed the Workbook assignments, fill the rest of the sketchbook with drawings from observation. This means that you are physically looking at an actual object, animal, human or environment when you draw. The four drawings (on each page) should neither be very large nor especially complex. Please understand that these drawings are to show that you can quickly get a likeness of ordinary objects from observation, and as such, I do not expect highly detailed, perfectly rendered works of art. In fact, I do not want "works of art" but just simple, quick drawings.
    · Fill every leaf in the sketchbook (front and back) until the book is full of drawings. (Note: Each side of a leaf is called a page, so you will fill 200 pages/100 leaves.)
    · Date every page, not every drawing.
    · Each page must have four drawings unless otherwise specified. For some exercises, you may have fewer drawings, but unless I direct you to do fewer, please complete 4 drawings per page.
    · No drawings from your imagination or from photographs or other two dimensional references such as the television are allowed in the assignment.
    · You must complete every exercise from the Workbook.
    · Complete each exercise multiple times.

Yes, I have to do approximately 800 drawings in 65 days. I thought it might be fun to document the pain. Enjoy.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Exercise 1: Pre-Instruction Drawing #1, Self-Portrait + Sketchbook Drawings #1 & #2

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Exercise 2: Pre-Instruction Drawing #2, Hand + Sketchbook Drawings #3 & #4

Last edited by Tyrisong; 07-02-2010 at 10:23 PM.

Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Kawaiislice Alice Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2024 10:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Awesome!
    Got quite a few drawing to go though!

Banned Forum / Chat Kentar is on a distinguished road Kentar's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2010 03:52 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Project 800/65

awesome, very nice!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information