AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Which is Better: Subbed or Dubbed?

Junior Member Sukii Higure will become famous soon enough Sukii Higure will become famous soon enough Sukii Higure's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2010 01:52 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    ...wouldnt you like to know....(STALKER!)
    Threads

Default Which is Better: Subbed or Dubbed?

Subbed or Dubbed doesn't normaly make that much of a diference, but in Sailor Moon they actualy edit the story and the animation when they change it to dubbed! Those bastards! Personaly i think subbs is the way to go, or even just learn the language, peoples!
    What's your opinion and why?

Senior Member Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts M1911 Battleship Favorite
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2013 08:31 AM
    Threads

Subbed imo, it's easier to tell and see what they say and so BUT, i could also say dubbed, cause then i might learn how to pronounce some words i aren't able to.
    Heeey!

Member Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun's Avatar
    Gil
    Grumpy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2010 08:48 PM
    Threads

Subbed.

Subbed is like Chuck Norris, while Dubbed is like Jerry Seinfeld. So to speak.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-15-2014 03:36 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by Sukii Higure View Post
    Subbed or Dubbed doesn't normaly make that much of a diference, but in Sailor Moon they actualy edit the story and the animation when they change it to dubbed! Those bastards! Personaly i think subbs is the way to go, or even just learn the language, peoples!
    Okay, if this is a general subs or dubs question, then there are about 50 of those in the General Anime section. Go there and pick one if that's what this is about.

Anyway, when it comes to Sailor Moon, sorry, but while I know about the edits that where made, I find it terribly silly and unfounded for people to whine about it NOW. How many people watched Sailor Moon when it first came on television 15 YEARS AGO (why the hell are you still whining about it)? Did you even care about the edits then or did you watch it without a second thought just like everyone else? How many sang the English theme song (how many people STILL KNOW the English theme song)? And unless you know ALL of characters' Japanese names (an indication that you actually watched the entire Japanese version rather than complain about the series second hand), don't even say anything.

The show was edited so that it would appeal to children and appease parents. It worked then (Sailor Moon was, and still remains, the most popular and successful shojo series in the US), it works now, and its the reality of anime that come to America, that sometimes they are left alone and sometimes they need to be edited so that the companies can market the property to children since they make more money that way (cause Lord knows that they don't make money from some of the so-called "fans").

And by the way, one doesn't learn Japanese from watching anime. One can cement their already acquired Japanese skills from anime, but you CAN'T learn Japanese (the full language) from anime. At least the beyond the beawoo phase.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Member Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun's Avatar
    Gil
    Grumpy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2010 08:48 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    Okay, if this is a general subs or dubs question, then there are about 50 of those in the General Anime section. Go there and pick one if that's what this is about.

Anyway, when it comes to Sailor Moon, sorry, but while I know about the edits that where made, I find it terribly silly and unfounded for people to whine about it NOW. How many people watched Sailor Moon when it first came on television 15 YEARS AGO (why the hell are you still whining about it)? Did you even care about the edits then or did you watch it without a second thought just like everyone else? How many sang the English theme song (how many people STILL KNOW the English theme song)? And unless you know ALL of characters' Japanese names (an indication that you actually watched the entire Japanese version rather than complain about the series second hand), don't even say anything.

The show was edited so that it would appeal to children and appease parents. It worked then (Sailor Moon was, and still remains, the most popular and successful shojo series in the US), it works now, and its the reality of anime that come to America, that sometimes they are left alone and sometimes they need to be edited so that the companies can market the property to children since they make more money that way (cause Lord knows that they don't make money from some of the so-called "fans").

And by the way, one doesn't learn Japanese from watching anime. One can cement their already acquired Japanese skills from anime, but you CAN'T learn Japanese (the full language) from anime. At least the beyond the beawoo phase.
    Saying one may only show their opinion about something new, is very silly.

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2010 12:58 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Lol, this is kinda like asking which is better: Natural death or homicide? XD

The dub is....*twitches* .......why must you remind me of it?

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Pun View Post
    Saying one may only show their opinion about something new, is very silly.
    I didn't say that. Did I say that? No, I'm pretty sure I didn't. By the way, that doesn't really answer the questions that I asked (or anything I said, really), but anyway...

What I am saying is that its rather unfounded to complain about something that REALLY doesn't matter now. Anime was edited in those days (HEAVILY) and nobody really cared then (except the people that were 20-30 years old and importing VHS tapes from Japan). I am pretty sure that the OP most likely knew about Sailor Moon the same way that most people knew about it: when it first came on television 15 years ago and when it came on Toonami in 1998 (by then, the rating system was in place and the series wasn't NEARLY as edited as some people remember since the censorship wasn't all that necessary); every other kid was watching it by then. To retroactively complain about it after all this time is rather stupid because the fact of the matter is that it was something that was done to appeal to children (and it did; like I said, although I don't like the edits that they made, I, and most people my age, still watched the show since we were FIVE at the time), ESPECIALLY, when most of series is available on DVD (subtitled AND uncut). Again, WHY is anyone STILL complaining about it after all this time?

I mean, if you want to complain about dubs, choosing something more relevant to the present (instead of the past where regulations FORCED companies to censor anime to get it on television) would make more sense instead of whining about something that happened over a decade ago.

I don't like the dubbed version of Sailor Moon anymore than you do, but I am not going to complain about ALL dubs simply because of the edits that were made to Sailor Moon. What happens now and what happened then are two different things.
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 07-03-2010 at 12:51 AM.
    This is my war face.

boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2012 09:46 PM
    Threads

Subbed
    1 out of 8 times I find the Dub tollerable, NEVER have I liked the Dub more than the Sub.

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

Senior Member Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ferrari Soccer Ball Favorite
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2012 11:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Which is Better: Subbed or Dubbed?

Subbed, except the odd occasion where the dub is very well done and some of the Jap voices are terrible. It happens once in a while.
    victoria aut mors

10. Likes Kokorokisses liked this post
    Junior Member Sukii Higure will become famous soon enough Sukii Higure will become famous soon enough Sukii Higure's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2010 01:52 AM
    ...wouldnt you like to know....(STALKER!)
    Threads

I don't like the dubbed version of Sailor Moon anymore than you do, but I am not going to complain about ALL dubs simply because of the edits that were made to Sailor Moon.
    I am NOT complaining about all dubbs, sometimes the dubbs are pretty good.

Gil
    Wicked
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I am NOT complaining about all dubbs, sometimes the dubbs are pretty good.
    Okaaaaay. However, I was talking about what I, personally, won't do, not what any one person is doing. Especially you since I wasn't quoting you.

By then, I was speaking in a general sense because most of the people who have responded so far have been responding in a general sense about dubs and subs, hence my confusion about what this thread is REALLY about: Sailor Moon or anime in general.
    This is my war face.

桜流し
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Hello Kitty Neko Tv Bonsai Tree
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2014 01:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aozorapen

In general: Subbed. It's not like you can't read english or whatever your native language is fast enough. I have heard Evangelion in...Cantonese...and it will not go away. The...screechy voice.

「そんな顔をしないで。また会えるよ、シンジ君」
    ---

もう二度と会えないなんて信じられない
    まだ何も伝えてない
    まだ何も伝えてない

I'm sorry (not) sorry.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 11:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

You'd think that people posting in the Sailor Moon sub-forum in which the OP quite clearly states he's interested in SvD on Sailor Moon would post about the Sailor Moon English and Japanese dubs.

Oh, right, this is AF, and nobody actually reads anything. My bad.

I'm not a fan of Sailor Moon, but from my understanding of things, the Japanese dubbing is better in terms of voice talent and due to the fact that a significant amount of the material was altered when it was brought into the US market. I also remember being 8 and not being able to stand Usagi's ultra-high pitched voice.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Member SailorBecky is on a distinguished road SailorBecky's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2010 12:12 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BeckyLovesDelta

dubbed. I just don't really like the Japanese version of it personally.

beautiful icons by LiveJournal. If they are yours message me.

Senior Member Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2014 02:55 AM
    Threads

I saw it subbed in a club before it came to the West . We were watching anime in a college anime club in the 90's. Anyhow, we ended up as a group moving over to watching some other show ( I think it was Fushi Yugi.) I personally was kinda bummed we only saw about half of a season.

So I was overjoyed when it was on morning U.S. TV. I was not too miffed at the changes, then again, I did not know the changes to gender and relationships till later.

To get back to the OP;
    I suppose I will go along with everyone, and say if I had to choose, I would lean toward the Japanese version. But there will always be a fondness of me hearing a large share of the show in English. (especially the opening)
    Last edited by Funkgun; 07-20-2010 at 10:04 PM.
    Sure Wish I had a little dvd player on my forklift at work... no, wait, that would be dangerous.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 11:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

The changes are atrocious in the dub. How did they think they could get away with making lesbian lovers cousins? Tsk tsk Funimation. At least they didn't try to do the Stars series too, would have been impossible.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe Bioshock Gene Tonic
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2014 08:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Have to say I prefer it subbed, saw it dubbed back when it was on USA, got the fansubs, on VHS, 2nd gen copies and watched half of it that way, before the high quality VHS subs were out. For me subbed is still how I think of the show, but the dub had a couple of decent eps.

Member SailorBecky is on a distinguished road SailorBecky's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2010 12:12 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BeckyLovesDelta

Yeah, the relationship between Michuru (michelle) and Haruka (Amara) IS pretty obvious. The way they are always together and the romance music and flowers that pop up when they are together...

beautiful icons by LiveJournal. If they are yours message me.

Junior Member foxhead556 is on a distinguished road foxhead556's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-30-2010 12:03 AM
    Threads

for me it depends how well does the English voice actor sounds.

Senior Member The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Heart 172 - Pichu Popsicle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2011 11:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Diffently dub its way better than sub

I Love Being Visual Kei No Matter The Mood, Place or Time I Rock The Style Any day

Member Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2010 08:30 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

In general, if the dub is a good tranlation and the voice actors are appropriate to the characters, I prefer a dub, though I have no problem watching the sub. My first choice, if the option is available, is to watch it in the dub with the sub active as well. I had a lot of fun watching Kenshin that way.

In the case of Sailor Moon however, the Japanese is a much truer representation, as the English dub had not only some unusual voicings, but made fairly extensive alterations to the story, including cutting of scenes, alteration of scenes, and deletions of entire episodes.

Unfortunately, it wasn't a question of better or worse at the time of the broadcast, however. Considering the peculiarities of US standards for children's television at the time, it wasn't a question of better or worse so much as a question of get it on the air successfully or not. Given that Sailor Moon still has tremendous popularity in the US, I'd say that they were successful.

I am aware of the changes to the story made via the edits, and yes, they could have probably stayed more true to the original story and still passed the censors. Things such as the introduction of the 'negaverse' were probably not necessary. Still, I enjoyed the series. It aired before another show that my kids and I watched and was a lot of fun for us.

My only criticisms of the dub were the change in voice actresses from Terri Hawks to Linda Ballantyne (I got used to Linda, and even came to like her dubbing, but I much preferred Terri's dub) and the fact that some of the changes made in the edit were not consistent, particularly in the change of the relationship between Sailors Uranus and Neptune.

Minor criticims in the grand scheme, and as was pointed out, nothing that made me dislike the anime at the time of its airing.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    The changes are atrocious in the dub. How did they think they could get away with making lesbian lovers cousins? Tsk tsk Funimation. At least they didn't try to do the Stars series too, would have been impossible.
    I'm not sure that portraying them as lesbians would get past the censors now, and it certainly would not have in the ninties. I think that they did what they could at the time. Its easy in retrospect to pick it apart, but it is not easy to navigate the pitfalls of children's television when bringing and anime to the states. I find it amazing the things that the public will gripe about, often to the point of inventing issues with movies or television shows that simply are not there. Case in point: accusations that Harry Potter teaches children witchcraft.

Unfortunately, anything animated is still perceived as 'childrens television' in the states, even now with more adult oriented programs on the air, such as the Simpson or Southpark. It is a major cultural difference. I still remember hearing about some parents getting upset with Princess Mononoke. Somehow, they didn't notice the PG-13 rating because to them, animeted = kids.
    Last edited by Tuxedomask67; 08-12-2010 at 09:08 AM.

Junior Member Tim Smith is on a distinguished road Tim Smith's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-11-2010 07:35 PM
    Threads

I prefer to hear rather then read but perhaps i am just lazy

Member Bradi-Kun has much to be proud of Bradi-Kun has much to be proud of Bradi-Kun has much to be proud of Bradi-Kun has much to be proud of Bradi-Kun has much to be proud of Bradi-Kun has much to be proud of Bradi-Kun has much to be proud of Bradi-Kun has much to be proud of Bradi-Kun has much to be proud of Bradi-Kun has much to be proud of Bradi-Kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2010 08:32 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bradio3k Steam ID: ErectinADick

To be fair, I think that Dual-Audio is the way to go, so that you can enjoy both versions of the same anime without downloading two different versions.
    Who's going to save you
    When the stars fall from your sky?
    And who's going to pull you in
    When the tide gets too high?
    Who's going to hold you
    When you turn out the lights?
    I won't lie I wish that I

Could be your superman tonight...

Junior Member maskedrose is on a distinguished road maskedrose's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2010 11:46 AM
    Threads

I liked the dubbed for a long time because that was what I grew up with - but I have watched the series almost entirely in subbed now and I cannot go back to the English dub - it is simply HORRIBLE. I'm going to be taking Italian soon for my MA requirements - so I can practice my skillz watching the Italian dub of Sailor Moon lol... Anyway, the English dub was awful - they cut the Queen Beryl battle into one episode, they edited out a lot of things from seasons 1 and 2 and even did a bad job at it.. they didn't even do it right since you can see scenes during Sailor Moon says that wasn't even in the episode(but was in the original Japanese). I think those who say the dub is better really needs to rethink and take some time to get used to the Japanese voices.

Senior Member Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts One Piece Mugiwara Guitar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2012 11:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: caelestis-_-

There is always people who say: I prefer watching, not reading. "It's a pain in the *** if i have to read".

Actually reading the sub shouldn't be problem for a normal humanbeing who is capable of reading and watching at the same time. It's not like the subs are written in old egyptian, therefore you shouldn't have problems reading 3 or 4 sentences while your spectating. Thats just my opinion!

OT: Sailor Moon is way better subbed, imo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information