AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I am wanting to learn Japanese

Junior Member lord_of_the_rings is on a distinguished road lord_of_the_rings's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2010 11:31 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default I am wanting to learn Japanese

I'm just wondering if anyone could send me or help me find a good accurate sight for learning Japanese. Thanks

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, if you're starting off completely fresh, you'll want to learn the syllabary.

I would suggest Real Kana for practice to memorizing the Hiragana and Katakana.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Junior Member Smalln is on a distinguished road Smalln's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-05-2010 07:42 AM
    Threads

Default Re: I am wanting to learn Japanese

If you know hiragana and katakana, you can also learn kanji on About.Com:Japanese Language.

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Getting the fundamentals down is the hardest part as it requires discipline.
    When I say learning the fundamentals, I mean:
    Learning 2000 daily use kanji.
    Learning essential grammar.
    Learning 2000 common words.

After you've done that, then you can really start to practice the language, looking up words you don't know in your dictionary. That's the more fun (but time consuming) part of learning Japanese. What I often see is people entering chat rooms to practice Japanese, but end up only speaking English.

Senior Member XSmoky has a reputation beyond repute XSmoky has a reputation beyond repute XSmoky has a reputation beyond repute XSmoky has a reputation beyond repute XSmoky has a reputation beyond repute XSmoky has a reputation beyond repute XSmoky has a reputation beyond repute XSmoky has a reputation beyond repute XSmoky has a reputation beyond repute XSmoky has a reputation beyond repute XSmoky has a reputation beyond repute XSmoky's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts One Piece Flag Gurren Dai Gurren Dan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2010 11:38 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xsmoky7

I have only ever used google to find resources. As long as you know what to look for, you'll be fine. Definitely find the kana charts for hiragana and katakana, you'll need both. it doesn't hurt to search for kanji with pronunciation as well. Watching anime with subtitles is helpful to start with, eventually you'll want to drop the subtitles though. Full immersion is the best way to go. I have a droid phone and the verizon/droid market has alot of helpful free apps on it as well.

This may be helpful as well.
    Last edited by XSmoky; 07-24-2010 at 07:22 PM.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Senior Member Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts One Piece Mugiwara Guitar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2021 06:26 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ccarltonn45 View Post
    After you've done that, then you can really start to practice the language, looking up words you don't know in your dictionary. That's the more fun (but time consuming) part of learning Japanese. What I often see is people entering chat rooms to practice Japanese, but end up only speaking English.
    So true, But I'm already done with my studies. I have learned quite enough, but it still dissapoints me when people use the English language instead of the Japanese language at the "Learning Japanese" websites.

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by caelesti View Post
    So true, But I'm already done with my studies. I have learned quite enough, but it still dissapoints me when people use the English language instead of the Japanese language at the "Learning Japanese" websites.
    First of all, you quoted a spam bot.
    Second of all, if there are Japanese people in the room, speak to them in Japanese. That's all you need to do.

Senior Member Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    First of all, you quoted a spam bot.
    Second of all, if there are Japanese people in the room, speak to them in Japanese. That's all you need to do.
    Quoted a spam bot? Dude what the hell are you talking about? If the chat is originally for the japanese language why would I not be dissapointed when people use English instead? I really don't understand what you are trying to say, your words confuse me especially the "First of all, you quoted a spam bot" sentence.

Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

ccarltonn45 is a spam bot with only one post, and that post was stolen from what I had already said.

I'm just explaining how you can practice Japanese with Japanese people in the chat rooms in the link you quoted. If you speak to a Japanese person in Japanese they'll probably reciprocate it. Otherwise they might just speak English because they came there to learn English.

Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I didn't know he was a bot, awesome! but still I don't get your point. Im reffering to various "Learn Japanese" websites, Im not just pointing to one specific website. To be more precise, I'm talking about "LEARNING JAPANESE" not "LEARNING JAPANESE & english" websites, so why would anyone join "learn japanese" chatrooms when there is "learn english" chat rooms? It doesn't sound quite logical for me, who joins a Japanese chat-room to learn English?

Junior Member brad12 is infamous around these parts brad12 is infamous around these parts brad12 is infamous around these parts brad12 is infamous around these parts brad12 is infamous around these parts brad12 is infamous around these parts brad12 is infamous around these parts brad12 is infamous around these parts brad12 is infamous around these parts brad12 is infamous around these parts brad12 is infamous around these parts brad12's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2011 04:28 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: brad12

I am also learning Japanese language, and looking for JILT exam all information I take from online. I refer http://www.learnjapanesefree.com/ this website for learning Japanese language, I hope it will help you..........

Junior Member Stevxn is on a distinguished road Stevxn's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2010 07:46 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Stevxn

Thanks people, i really wanted to learn japanese too "-" - Like really badly, i'd probably look into it over the summer tho, as i am pretty packed with college ! ..

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information