AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade issue thread

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
    neoncoax: Try it now, I adjusted some things.
    Ok. Let's see if I can reply to this.

EDIT: Sweet! My account seems to be working right again!

Does anybody know if there is a way to delete the other account? I don't want to get in trouble with forum rules and there probably is one about having two accounts.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Can we get the old default skin back and move this one to it's on selection. It's rather hard to read yellow on white. Really hurts my eyes. Not to mention somethings like usernames just don't show up at all. EDIT: Never mind seems its still being adjusted, sorry about that.
    Last edited by GameGeeks; 06-25-2010 at 08:47 AM.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Favorite Bioshock Syringe Bioshock Eve
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2019 06:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aozorapen

Reps, post count, missing PMs, market, unable to change mood. Also is the lyrics tag/number of lyrics still supposed to be there?
    Last edited by Rei; 06-26-2010 at 03:15 AM.

できねぇ時?
    そん時ゃ諸共心中だよ

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Mood changing works just fine for me. Maybe it's a browser-specific issue?

みんなで歌おうよ!
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by FlashD View Post
    Can you tell us which browser are you using? I use IE8 and the URL links properly.
    BTW: Sometimes you have to wait until the page loads completely due to the anchor method used to jump to the last post.
    Well, the problem isn't that it goes to the right page (in a thread with multiple pages) but just doesn't scroll down to the post. The problem is that it always goes the the first page in the thread -- which is a predictable outcome, since going to the second page, for example, needs attaching "/page2" to the URL. The "#" identifier only tells the browser to jump to the element with the specified ID, but it doesn't change the page returned by the server.

I think the problem is either that the server returns a wrong string, or maybe it is the right string, but some client-sided script is supposed to process the "#post" part (which is the case with many sites I've seen, though I'm not sure if it's the case here).

If it's the latter, seems that the client-sided script is not doing its job on many browsers. I use Firefox 3.6. I just tried it on Chrome and it's the same. I don't have IE8 (I never thought I'd use it... lol). The last IE version installed on my computer was IE7 o_O. When I tried it on IE7, it just froze horribly (not the page's fault though. IE7 is super guaranteed to freeze every five minutes... I really should download IE8 already). Anyways, I left the window open for a while and when I checked it again I found that it also loaded the first page of the thread.

Note: Please bring back the white/silver default skin, or at least add it to the list of available skins. It was a whole lot better than this one.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 06-26-2010 at 05:23 AM.

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The "/page2" addition is not necessary if the #postID anchor is present, but I have an idea what might be the issue. Go here and check the "Thread Display Mode" bit. If you have it set to "Linear - Newest First" the last post is always at the top of Page 1. Set it to "Linear - Oldest First" and try again, it should send you to the bottom of the last page. The anchor will take you to the post when the page is fully load.

EDIT: I tried with Firefox 3.6.4 and it does work properly.
    Last edited by FlashD; 06-26-2010 at 06:41 AM.

みんなで歌おうよ!
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by FlashD View Post
    The "/page2" addition is not necessary if the #postID anchor is present, but I have an idea what might be the issue. Go here and check the "Thread Display Mode" bit. If you have it set to "Linear - Newest First" the last post is always at the top of Page 1. Set it to "Linear - Oldest First" and try again, it should send you to the bottom of the last page. The anchor will take you to the post when the page is fully load.
    It's set to "Linear - Oldest First." I always use this setting.

The "/page2" addition is not necessary if the #postID anchor is present, but I have an idea what might be the issue.
    But the link doesn't contain the post ID at the end. It contains literally "#post". For example, I'll copy-paste the URL of the "Go to new post" link's URL from my CP for this thread:

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?96075-Upgrade-issue-thread#post

This is only the case with my user CP and subscribed threads folder. The "Go to last post" link from the forum index works fine. It has this URL:

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?96075-Upgrade-issue-thread&p=2444317#post2444317

And notice that &p=2444317 part. This is what tells the server to return the appropriate page. Without it, the server always returns the first page of the thread. In the link that appears in my User CP, there is no "&p=postID."

The anchor will take you to the post when the page is fully load.
    Yeah, I know that. I always wait the page to load. And the problem isn't that it returns the page that contains the post but does not jump to it. It returns the first page (chronologically the first).

EDIT: I tried with Firefox 3.6.4 and it does work properly.
    Did you try it from your user CP or from the forum index?
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 06-26-2010 at 07:03 AM.

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

OK, now I see what you mean. Issue was confirmed and I'm looking into it already.

Junior Member Vladimir Nabokov has a reputation beyond repute Vladimir Nabokov has a reputation beyond repute Vladimir Nabokov has a reputation beyond repute Vladimir Nabokov has a reputation beyond repute Vladimir Nabokov has a reputation beyond repute Vladimir Nabokov has a reputation beyond repute Vladimir Nabokov has a reputation beyond repute Vladimir Nabokov has a reputation beyond repute Vladimir Nabokov has a reputation beyond repute Vladimir Nabokov has a reputation beyond repute Vladimir Nabokov has a reputation beyond repute Vladimir Nabokov's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2010 05:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Is the chat page supposed to pop open a new window? I don't like having it to that, now I have an extra window just sitting there. Can I make it not do that somehow?

that guy with the beard JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2011 11:16 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jimbo8472

I go away for a bit and look what happens. ¬_¬ put the site back the way it was, I'm sure other members agree with me. cant we just post in peace without mods messing with stuff all the time.

Senior Member Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Favorite Mic Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2012 03:36 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Galactakus

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO. View Post
    I go away for a bit and look what happens. ¬_¬ put the site back the way it was, I'm sure other members agree with me. cant we just post in peace without mods messing with stuff all the time.
    Such blasphemy.

... Would have been the response should I have not had my old account deleted due to the upgrade. Also, the notifications seem to be working now. Although I have yet to test it by joining another group (but my old group notifications have finally disappeared).

I'm back, baby! Credit to my gurl Bou for the sig.

Junior Member Vladimir Nabokov has a reputation beyond repute Vladimir Nabokov has a reputation beyond repute Vladimir Nabokov has a reputation beyond repute Vladimir Nabokov has a reputation beyond repute Vladimir Nabokov has a reputation beyond repute Vladimir Nabokov has a reputation beyond repute Vladimir Nabokov has a reputation beyond repute Vladimir Nabokov has a reputation beyond repute Vladimir Nabokov has a reputation beyond repute Vladimir Nabokov has a reputation beyond repute Vladimir Nabokov has a reputation beyond repute Vladimir Nabokov's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Change happens, deal with it Jimbob. The sites are pretty much going back to the way they looked, and they've changed A LOT MORE in previous updates than they have in this one.

Seriously though the new chat page is driving me batcrap insane. is there a way not to make it a pop up? Because if I get dc'd and I F5, it wants me to log in as a guest. And if I try to log in as a guest, it will sit there. Forever. And it wont log me in until I open another IE window, and go to animeforum, and click on the chat pane. I can't directly go to the chat page anymore?

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO.
    What part of "improving" is "messing it up"?

Senior Member Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ferrari Soccer Ball Favorite
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2012 10:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I was half asleep and directly clicked the rep button yesterday in Opera and it worked, so that's currently fixed.
    If it was a purposeful fix, cheers, if not, woohoo for convenient but unexplainable phenomena!
    victoria aut mors

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Nabokov View Post
    Seriously though the new chat page is driving me batcrap insane. is there a way not to make it a pop up? Because if I get dc'd and I F5, it wants me to log in as a guest. And if I try to log in as a guest, it will sit there. Forever. And it wont log me in until I open another IE window, and go to animeforum, and click on the chat pane. I can't directly go to the chat page anymore?
    You can force chat to open in a new tab. Instead to left click on it, click with the wheel on your mouse (middle click). The issue with refresh is not related to the pop-up, it happens the same if you open it in a new tab. It's because of how the chat grabs data for registered users. We are going to fix that as well, when we update the chat page.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ah okay. The few times I tried to make it open in the same window (Which is how I usually open chat if I don't go directly to the page) It still did the pop up. The refreshing the chat page problem and staying logged in is fixed though yay!

99.9% Anime Addict Gelica'sUnwoundMind has a reputation beyond repute Gelica'sUnwoundMind has a reputation beyond repute Gelica'sUnwoundMind has a reputation beyond repute Gelica'sUnwoundMind has a reputation beyond repute Gelica'sUnwoundMind has a reputation beyond repute Gelica'sUnwoundMind has a reputation beyond repute Gelica'sUnwoundMind has a reputation beyond repute Gelica'sUnwoundMind has a reputation beyond repute Gelica'sUnwoundMind has a reputation beyond repute Gelica'sUnwoundMind has a reputation beyond repute Gelica'sUnwoundMind has a reputation beyond repute Gelica'sUnwoundMind's Avatar
    Gil
    Question
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2011 08:15 PM
    Partying in the Soul Society with Rangiku Matsumoto
    Threads

OK I don't know if I am putting this in the right spot or not but here goes nothing! First off Why is my username back to Anime_Fiend when I changed it to (~Geli~Confusion~)? And where the heck did all my points go I had like over 105000000 points and now I have like only 5000 or so! Is there anyway to fix this? If I can't get my popints back can my username at least get changed back to (~Geli~Confusion~) PLEASE!

Sincerely Confused,
    Geli
    This is Mashimaro! He is after AF world domination! If you support
    add a pic of him to your sig and what not!

Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Favorite Bioshock Syringe Bioshock Eve
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2019 06:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aozorapen

Reps and points are still gone, market is still unusable. Please do something about it if you can. Also the mood thing seems to work on only Ie and not firefox.

できねぇ時?
    そん時ゃ諸共心中だよ

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Moods work for me on FF. Just make sure you allow AF is you're using something like NoScript.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

theyre not going to enable the market until they configure it. just be patient.

Senior Member The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2011 08:57 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: goku100107

There has been a lot of Connection Reset stuff coming up when I get on.

I can hardly post without that message popping up.

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Upgrade issue thread

Is the forum set to log us out after extended inactivity? It's annoying.

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

It shouldn't, you sure you have remember me checked? That may be the issue.

Junior Member WARPs Sean Connery is on a distinguished road WARPs Sean Connery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-05-2010 12:25 PM
    Threads

what about the points since I had alot and now they're gone

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Everyone had their points reset. Ace gave everyone posts times twenty for points.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information