AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: L vs Light

Member zozzy has a reputation beyond repute zozzy has a reputation beyond repute zozzy has a reputation beyond repute zozzy has a reputation beyond repute zozzy has a reputation beyond repute zozzy has a reputation beyond repute zozzy has a reputation beyond repute zozzy has a reputation beyond repute zozzy has a reputation beyond repute zozzy has a reputation beyond repute zozzy has a reputation beyond repute zozzy's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Death Note
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2012 12:02 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: L vs Light

Quote Originally Posted by animeangelgirl View Post
    Light is a good person and he wants to stop crimes..
    Light tries to stop crimes with committing crimes? Looks like there is something wrong with it.

2. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Junior Member stfulily is on a distinguished road stfulily's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-31-2012 07:21 PM
    Threads

L definitely! He is very intelligent (obviously lol), he has a sense of humor and he reminds me of a panda hehe. And he is different from every other character that i've seen in anime so far. L ftw.

AFs Cutest Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2014 02:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Light is a crazy fool thats why I like l also hes smart and cute. Also I have to admire a guy who uses his brain so much he can burn 1000s of calories XD.
    hella

Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 03:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zozzy View Post
    Light tries to stop crimes with committing crimes? Looks like there is something wrong with it.
    You definetely got a point on that!

Both L and Light are geniouses but one's motives and reasons are completely different, Light just got mad, evily transfigured as he got contact with Death Note, lost the percepetion of what's wrong and right and just couldn't stop seeing himself as the new world God.
    L way of sitting and that big staring look on him are really cool and funny, he's very nice

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Senior Member Steven21088 will become famous soon enough Steven21088 will become famous soon enough Steven21088's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Lighter
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2014 05:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Lenny21088

L was by far my favourite, he never seemed to get nervous or desperate, where as Light does every 5 minutes. At time Light does act like a little cry baby.

7. Likes Happyblossom, Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 03:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steven21088 View Post
    L was by far my favourite, he never seemed to get nervous or desperate, where as Light does every 5 minutes. At time Light does act like a little cry baby.
    Exactly, Light is still imature, he loses contol over himself too many times while L is almost always very calm
    L was killed by Remus, Kira was just clever enough to take advantage of Remus' feelings for Misa.

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Senior Member darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Decepticons Leo AK47
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2014 05:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darkwolf1911

l was a wordy adversary but he got to soft
    live life to the fullest because you are not guarantied a tomorrow

Member ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Capricorn L Laptop Death Note
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-08-2012 05:59 PM
    Threads

In the beginning, I liked Light and his ideas.
    But with each volume I read, I started liking him less and less.
    And in the end L won... And I just like L more.

Junior Member manga.mon123 is on a distinguished road manga.mon123's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2012 10:18 AM
    Threads

L, because he is smart and awesome the seires wouldn't be the same with out our favorite crazy, sugar high detective.

Junior Member Arrowsend is on a distinguished road Arrowsend's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2012 12:33 PM
    Threads

I did like Light's view of the world to begin with when I first watched the series; there's a lot of people out there who do see the world as 'rotten' and 'black' and 'cursed'. And there are of course those who like the idea of being able to change that. A lot of people would, given or despite the means available and Light did capture THAT side of my mind when he first started using the Death Note. As the series progressed though it became evident that Light was slowly going crazy... it could have been part of his desperation to get everyone out of his way to reign over his [idea of a] perfect world or the maturity that took place over time as the series went on. Because of that madness and L's predictions and meticulous pondering I sympathized with L because he KNEW Light was Kira but couldn't prove it to himself because he never allowed for slight miscalculations or a hunch... And so, towards the end of the series I was an L supporter. I also started to see the madness of creating a perfect world through death... it's almost counter-productive :P

Member lisauntie is on a distinguished road lisauntie's Avatar
    Gil
    Sick
    Gifts Orange Dango Ice Ornament
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2013 11:49 AM
    Threads

Light, just because he was able to evade L for so long. What I'm trying to say is, L could plan far ahead, had a team of people, had access to all kinds of cool equipment, could use FBI agents for gods sake, etc...

And to be honest, Light's plan to forget about the Death note to gain their trust was just brilliant, and I mean BRIL-LI-ANT.

Out of the two, Light was the smartest, definitely. I honestly think that the makers wanted to end it because the way Near found out about Light was so far-fetched and so ridiculous, that I found it very hard to see it as something that could actually happen, while that was what I thought about the rest of the show.

Junior Member Matsuo is on a distinguished road Matsuo's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-08-2012 01:48 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: cmssd

L is more smart while Light has the death note that is very powerful. Obviously if L wasn't as smart as he is he would have died. So Light all the way.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Well I mean L did die but he wouldn't have won. ^-^

Junior Member otakuprince is on a distinguished road otakuprince's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2014 11:02 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by JuanD92 View Post
    L wins in the end. In the last episode in the ending credits you see how Light is dying on the stairs and he sees L standing in front of him, like hes surrendering at last and then.. hes dead!
    that legit never happenend

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Teal Ribbon Pink Ribbon Book
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-30-2014 07:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Epitaph

Good point; all those negative aspects about Light are placed in the anime to cause us to side against the protagonist/Light, which is not our normal inclination in a series. I despised Light from the second episode onwards. L was indeed my favorite character. I do think, though, that we are supposed to feel some modicum of remorse at Light's death, given the sad music and lengthy (for the episode, at least) flashback sequence.
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 10-03-2014 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Bungled the beginning

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2014 12:06 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Well, I can see why people sides with Light's idea, reforming the world and whatnot, but I just don't see the good in a world revolving around a villain with no one knowing it. Light executed the villains according to their crimes, but he couldn't see the criminals circumstances. I mean, what on earth is he to judge people based on their single actions? Suppose someone did everything good before and stole something just once all the good he has done would go down the drain? That's ridiculous. So L all the way.

7.8 Too much water
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Cheese Pig Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    919 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2014 11:24 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123

I never considered Light to be the "good guy" he tried to portray himself as. From the very moment he mentioned "becoming the God of a new world!", it was clear that he had another, more powerful motive other than just making the world a better, peaceful place. He wanted to control the world, and be at its center. He was selfish and power-hungry from the start. Then he got worse and started killing and manipulating innocent people to meet his own goals. He never once fully trusted Misa or any of his other 'followers'. He used them as puppets and tools, nothing more. If he felt they were no longer useful, they then became a liability and he had them disposed of. Is that a sort of God you'd want to live under?

The guy was a class-A douche. I never liked him. I was even ticked off at his "oh-so-peaceful-and-emotional-death" in the anime.

NO. In the original manga he died in a pool of his own blood, flailing spastically, trying to command Ryuk to finish everyone off for him, like he was his master or something. Then even Ryuk was all "HA, betch please", and wrote his name down right in front of him. Light goes into full panic mode, begging for his life and cursing everyone at the same time, up until the last second, where he died instantaneously with a horrible bloodied grimace on his face. IT WAS NOT MEANT TO BE PEACEFUL. IT WAS NOT MEANT TO BE SAD.

He was not a hero. Just a petty, selfish, power-hungry douche.

19. Likes awkward_turtle liked this post
    Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Light died peacefully in the anime? I only read the manga so didn't know that. He DOES NOT deserve a peaceful death.

7.8 Too much water
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Cheese Pig Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    919 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2014 11:24 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123

Quote Originally Posted by Happyblossom View Post
    Light died peacefully in the anime? I only read the manga so didn't know that. He DOES NOT deserve a peaceful death.
    Yeah the ending is considerably different for some reason. Even Mikami gets a ridiculously bloody suicide, just to give Light time to escape into the sunset! Woo!

Granted, he still gets the snot shot out of him by Matsuda. And Ryuk still ends up killing him with a heart attack, but Light isn't expecting it, so he doesn't really panic. He escapes into an abandoned warehouse where he rests on the staircase, then the Deathnote kicks in and all that happens is his eyes widen a bit (still with a calm expression, mind you), he sees a shadow of L in the oh-so-beautiful sunbeams coming through the windows, and then he slowly and peacefully closes his eyes. All the while, sad and mournful music plays.

Apart from the closure we get from L's appearance and the indication that justice finally prevailed, that whole scene pissed me off.

EDIT: Here's the dub clip,

Sorry for the crappy quality, I couldn't find anything better that had the whole scene. The changes start around 2:30, and make sure to watch throughout the ending credits.
    Last edited by RyuTama; 10-11-2014 at 01:23 AM.

22. Thanks Happyblossom thanked for this post
    Likes Happyblossom liked this post
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Wow. When I heard Light died peacefully I thought it was because some kids might watch it accidentally and its inappropriate but that doesn't explain Mikami's suicide, does it? But boy, they haven't done justice to the original story if you ask me. Oh does Misa commit suicide too? Btw it looked like Matsuda's shot hit Light in the head more than it does in the manga.

How I wish that were the case.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information