AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: That Man

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default That Man

Been a while, hasn't it? Seeing how dead poetry has been lately, I'm going to try to revive it! This poem isn't about anyone in particular, but the man it speaks of just won't get out of my head so I had to write a poem for him. Not entirely sure who he is, but here ya' go. A message from the unknown man in my head. ^^;; It's a bit long so I apologize for that. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy. *Tsuki*
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That Man

He said yesterday was already gone; tomorrow is too late.
    Told me to live the moment now, and cherish those I love.
    Because tomorrow is the unknown- tomorrow we could fall.
    Yesterday is merely a bunch of memories that will soon be forgotten.
    Now is when I can change something, even our fates for tomorrow.

He looks out upon the frozen lake, with eyes as old as the wise man's.
    His body says that he is still young, but his words show he's far too old.
    Yet, I can't help but look to him in wonder- the man who smokes a pack-a-day.
    With a scruffy face and messy brown hair,
    with big, worn-out hands to match.

I feel like such a child when I stand next to this man with his rough, untamed words.
    He speaks the blunt, cold, hard truth with nothing to hold back.
    That is what I love of this man next to me.

In a land of poverty and despair where liars run wild and geniuses cower,
    he stands tall and faces it all
    head-on.

Yet his smile bares no malice- simply a fun-loving guy.
    He doesn't take life so seriously, yet says the most peculiar things
    right when you least expect it.
    So deep are his words, yet uttered so cleanly, they cut through you like a steak knife through butter.
    When he speaks, your attention turns, to the man with the booming voice.

Yes, I am proud to call that man my father.

Stuck in Love's Capture Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Hot Chocolate Flowers Fan2 Wolf
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2015 06:38 AM
    In Between Darkness and Light, Engulfed in Fire and Ice
    Threads
    Blog Entries

From the beginning I could tell it was a father figure you are amazing in explaining your meaning in poems before the last line Tsuki ^^ I'm honored that I can still read your poems. I loved it sis, you put so much in it. Keep writing these great poems ^^

Amazing set by
    Ezza Obsuna ^^

The days fly by and the feelings remain
    So far away and causing us pain
    That's okay we'll make it through
    Soon we'll get to say "I love you"

Senior Member Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Favorite A Duck Naruto Headband
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2014 07:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This is fantastic. You have really shone in this poem.
    Fascinated by the rain, influenced by the wind. Adventure for fun.

Senior Member Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira has a reputation beyond repute Senjou_Akira's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Kunai Katana
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2012 02:09 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wow... I really love my father...

no matter how different persons may be, they still have similarities that will group them together. And it makes us proud of them and treasure them even more...

It's very lovely that it won't be tiring to reread again when I surf the net.
    I hope I can express my feelings that easily, but I don't think I can.

Can I just print it and read to my father on his birthday?

I'll make sure to say that it was written by a friend. n_n

Illusionists

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirako Shima
    From the beginning I could tell it was a father figure you are amazing in explaining your meaning in poems before the last line Tsuki ^^ I'm honored that I can still read your poems. I loved it sis, you put so much in it. Keep writing these great poems ^^
    ^_^ Thank you sissy, it means so much to hear that from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anime-Prince
    This is fantastic. You have really shone in this poem.
    ^^ Thank you so much for reading! ^_^
    I always love to know that you're reading the poems I write since you're one of my favorite writers on AF.

Quote Originally Posted by akira.yuki View Post
    Wow... I really love my father...

no matter how different persons may be, they still have similarities that will group them together. And it makes us proud of them and treasure them even more...

It's very lovely that it won't be tiring to reread again when I surf the net.
    I hope I can express my feelings that easily, but I don't think I can.

Can I just print it and read to my father on his birthday?

I'll make sure to say that it was written by a friend. n_n
    O.O I'd be honored if you did so! ^^

Senior Member Kalila Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kalila Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kalila Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kalila Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kalila Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kalila Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kalila Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kalila Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kalila Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kalila Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kalila Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kalila Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Eye Patch 025 - Pikachu Shark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2012 02:13 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mikkachan Steam ID: kalilachan

Oh my gosh!! This is a fantastic poem!! This is so awsome so weldone to you ^^

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Nice poem *Tsuki*. I really liked it.. :]
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information