AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New types of anime you'd like to see next.

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2010 11:58 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default New types of anime you'd like to see next.

(I'm bored XD)

You know the phrase, "Nothing's original because it's all been done to death"? For anime, I don't really think it has. I'm going to put down stuff that I wouldn't mind seeing more of....because honestly, I haven't seen much of this stuff:

Pirates. Don't yell "ONE PIECE!!!" at me because I don't like it. I'd like to see a pirate-themed anime that um....has a more appealing art style. Please don't flame me for this. I hate OP's art. And if I hate the art in a show, it's very difficult to watch, you see. Besides, how can it be that One Piece is the only pirate anime out there? Aren't pirates insanely popular!? They should totally do a pirates vs. ninjas show ha, just kidding, who the heck started that meme, anyway?

Werewolves. This is the most baffling one. There have been vampire anime up the wahzoo before I knew what anime was, now zombies are getting more attention, so isn't it the wolf's turn now? When I first started Ookami Kakushi, I was getting excited because I thought the town was turning into rabid wolves. But it turned out they weren't and I was like . It doesn't even have to be a horror series. I think a light comedy werewolf show in the spirit of Karin would be fantastic.

Fairies. Lol, I know I'll get made fun of for this but HEY, I'm a girl and I like fairies!! (blame Ferngully) I've seen shows with a fairy here and there but I've never seen one that mainly featured them, save Fairy Princess Ren and that was the greatest two episodes ever but it was TWO EPISODES! So either continue it (not happening) or start a new one, dammit! XD
    Note: Anime about ELVES do not count. Elves are not fairies. They're tall and they don't have wings, for starters!

Angels vs. Demons. This has been done a lot. Metaphorically. But I've never seen a serious, straight-up thing about angels and demons in battle with religious themes. There was Disgaea....that was it. Chrono Crusade comes close but that was mostly humans verses demons and we get that trend a LOT.....

Love-acting. There are a couple manga with this theme, one of them (Watashi Ni XX Shinasai) being my current obsession. The general story is a boy and girl pretending to be in love with each other for whatever reason and ironically actually do fall in love as the series progresses. People who don't like romance will probably find that plot boring but for ones who do, it's very very fun. And exciting. And cute.

An up-to-date romantic magical girl show with appealing character designs that doesn't feature yuri, or loli fanserivce or sucky writing or sucky voice actresses or sucky animation or annoying stereotypes and has a good ending that was not animated by Suckalite-I mean Satelite.
    I'm sick of the mediocrity. We REALLY need more shows like Princess Tutu and Card Captor Sakura. Seriously.
    Last edited by 小美ドクロchan; 05-04-2010 at 03:17 PM.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Demons vs. Angels doesn't need to exist anymore. It's been done once too much. Metaphors are usually too weak so they fail.

Senior Member Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2010 09:06 PM
    Threads

Love-Acting is a Rom-Com, the lowest form of movies.

That Magic girl one already exists. It's called Princess Tutu, and it's rather good.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

There are several pirate based anime that I know of. Though they tend to be space pirates. You have Captain Harlock, Captain Harlock: Outside Legend - Endless Odyssey, Space Pirate Mito, Aoi and Mutsuki: A pair of Queens (Space Pirate Mito 2) eki wa Kaizoku!, Black Lagoon and Elemental Gelade. There's more then that but I think I've made my point about that genre.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid
    Love-Acting is a Rom-Com, the lowest form of movies.
    It's also the lowest form of anime and manga, sans moe.

Quote Originally Posted by 小美ドクロchan View Post
    Werewolves. This is the most baffling one. There have been vampire anime up the wahzoo before I knew what anime was, now zombies are getting more attention, so isn't it the wolf's turn now? When I first started Ookami Kakushi, I was getting excited because I thought the town was turning into rabid wolves. But it turned out they weren't and I was like . It doesn't even have to be a horror series. I think a light comedy werewolf show in the spirit of Karin would be fantastic
    Go read Wolf Guy.

I suppose what I want most out of anime is not a new genre, but for anime to revert a bit, and bring back: epic mecha shows that aren't about some whiny emo teenager, testosterone, martial-arts combat that isn't retarded, fantasy drama that doesn't take place in a highschool.

For the love of everything, no more highschool drama, no more fantasy series that take place in a highschool. No more meshing in romance and comedy into these, either. It's been done a few hundred times, 99.9% of them are awful, and the one's that aren't awful are barely tolerable.

Give me adventure, an epic journey, action, the battling of good and evil with distinct motives that don't involve being butthurt, thrilling hand-to-hand combat, mecha that run and around dart with realistic weaponry rather than clunk around and fire huge beams, realistic strategy series and none of that back-and-forth-on-the-surface Code Geass or Deathnote crap.

Also, magical girl series that "that doesn't feature yuri, or loli fanserivce or sucky writing or sucky voice actresses or sucky animation"? Those exist? I thought that was the standard for magical girl.
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 05-04-2010 at 10:33 PM.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Forever Shattered Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2010 09:09 AM
    Threads

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing more Pirates. As you said, its not "overused" at all. I think that One Piece was a little over the top, but I do not despise the show. I actually find it quite addicting.
    Legit, the best signature by: Kirako Shima <3
    "Maybe if my heart stops beating
    it wont hurt this much
    and never will I have to
    answer again to anyone"

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Rulloxp View Post
    quite addicting.
    Understatement of EVER.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Rull, try the list I posted.

Forever Shattered Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

OH! Alright, I didn't notice that before -_-
    That looks like a nice list. I might try a few.
    Last edited by Rulloxp; 05-04-2010 at 10:53 PM.
    it wont hurt this much
    and never will I have to
    answer again to anyone"

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, just hope you don't mind old anime. Most of those are pre-2000 I believe.

Member KitKaty has a reputation beyond repute KitKaty has a reputation beyond repute KitKaty has a reputation beyond repute KitKaty has a reputation beyond repute KitKaty has a reputation beyond repute KitKaty has a reputation beyond repute KitKaty has a reputation beyond repute KitKaty has a reputation beyond repute KitKaty has a reputation beyond repute KitKaty has a reputation beyond repute KitKaty has a reputation beyond repute KitKaty's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2010 02:44 PM
    Threads

I'd love to see more of the following

Medieval period based animes- Such as Slayers, Record of the Lodoss War, and Rayearth
    Paranormal-
    Mystery
    Comedy- There's a difference between stupid and funny. Most that I've seen qualify as retarded.
    Pirates - The only one I know of is One Piece and that's not how real pirates act in my opinion.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Yeah, just hope you don't mind old anime. Most of those are pre-2000 I believe.
    I wouldn't mind.
    Thanks again;
    it wont hurt this much
    and never will I have to
    answer again to anyone"

Senior Member Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2021 04:04 PM
    Threads

I'd like to see modern, echhi, comedy, romance, school life, slice of life, yaoi/yuri anime.

Senior Member Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2010 09:06 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Xieshunnuan View Post
    I'd like to see modern, echhi, comedy, romance, school life, slice of life, yaoi/yuri anime.
    That's 70% of the current market right there.

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid
    That Magic girl one already exists. It's called Princess Tutu, and it's rather good
    Yes, I don't think you saw me write, "we need MORE shows like Princess Tutu and Card Captor Sakura. Seriously"

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks
    There are several pirate based anime that I know of. Though they tend to be space pirates.
    I'm not talking about space pirates. I'm talking about regular pirates that sail on the ocean, look for treasure and say "Argh". XD

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn
    It's also the lowest form of anime and manga, sans moe.
    Your opinion. Though you and I never seem to agree about ANYTHING, if you read the manga I'm talking about, you wouldn't think so.

For the love of everything, no more highschool drama, no more fantasy series that take place in a highschool. No more meshing in romance and comedy into these, either. It's been done a few hundred times, 99.9% of them are awful, and the one's that aren't awful are barely tolerable.
    99.9%!? One percentage "barely tolerable"? Wow. Somebody's certainly hard to please. Anyway, you're full of it and I can hardly believe you even watched "99.9%" of that genre.I can think of a whole bunch of those that are good! Though true, it's not "new". We do need something else. But that doesn't mean all shows like that suck.

Also, magical girl series that "that doesn't feature yuri, or loli fanserivce or sucky writing or sucky voice actresses or sucky animation"? Those exist? I thought that was the standard for magical girl.
    ...........you're kidding, right? Please be kidding. Otherwise it's very tragic you've never seen a decent magical girl series.

I can't believe you said something that ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by KitKaty
    Medieval period based animes- Such as Slayers, Record of the Lodoss War, and Rayearth
    YES! I thought of mentioning that but figured I'd get made fun of. But I honestly want to see something Lord of the Rings-ish. With like...GOOD animaton. Not that Bakshi crap from the eighties. Makes my eyes bleed.....
    Last edited by 小美ドクロchan; 05-04-2010 at 11:16 PM.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

The seas kind I don't think will ever happen unless you go over the top like One Piece did. Pirates are only interesting if you go over the top. Hell, look at Pirates of the Caribbean.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Have to agree with Geek, pirates aren't very interesting people. As a matter of fact, you do have to add super powers to pirates because quite honestly, sword fights are some of the worst fights in animation. There are hardly any decent ones that weren't in Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Hell, look at Pirates of the Caribbean.
    Only reason I starting liking pirates.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

So you see my point. Though I don't care to see One Piece. Just too random for me and that randomness goes on too long. If it's like Fummoffu and just a few episodes then it'd be fine but 500+ episodes. Seriously, that anime has been going on since 1999.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

If there were an PotC-esque anime or manga, I think I'd die inside.

Pretty much agree on the "pirates have to be over the top" thing, though. Otherwise you just have a bunch of dirty middle-aged men drinking, getting diseases, screwing, and being hanged or occasionally bleeding out after getting shot. Not that interesting in regard to be an anime or manga series...

And One Piece is hardly random at all. Sure, the character designs are crazy, but the story writing is easily among the best I've ever come across. It's a level of intricacy you just don't find in manga (outside of...let's say...Naoki Urasawa's very literary manga).
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 05-04-2010 at 11:30 PM.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I'll concede to you on the story aspect as I haven't seen it but still how long can one anime go on for? It's on its eleventh year of production.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I'll concede to you on the story aspect as I haven't seen it but still how long can one anime go on for? It's on its eleventh year of production.
    Oda began publishing the manga in 1997, when he was 18. He'd finished writing the story in 2004. As of 2009 (~540 chapters at the time) he said he'd published half of the story.

It's not all that long. Berserk has been on-going since 1988; barring Miura's slow release rate over the last ~3 years.
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 05-04-2010 at 11:36 PM.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

And exactly how many fillers does the anime have?

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

And exactly how many fillers does the anime have?
    All-in-all, about 30-40 episodes worth out of the currently ~450 episodes that have aired, most of which occurred when the animation studio was working on the films rather than the series. There's a considerable amount of content in a chapter of One Piece, so 1 chapter pretty much gives you one episode, removing the need for filler (compare this to other long-running series, Naruto 2chapters/episode or Bleach 3chapters/episode). They'll usually insert a 1-2 minute "last time on One Piece" at the beginning of each episode, which minimizes any gain the anime might get on the manga as well.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

What do you mean by chapters?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information