AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: South Park Scandal

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default South Park Scandal

Story

Short story: South Park thought it would be funny to depict Muhammad in a bear suit and Comedy Central censored it.

Let me get this out of the way, I hate South Park. I think it tries way too hard to be edgy and funny and it falls flat on its face. I believe that Comedy Central did what was best for the company in terms of attracting people and as a business. They managed to get controversy and attention out of a scandal like this.

I personally find people on the internet to be retarded. They're complaining about "censorship" but they don't understand that Muslims are some crazy people. Terrorist could very well assasinate the creators of South Park like they did with Theo van Gogh. I know I would rather censor myself than get decapitated.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Your last comment was kinda racist. Most Muslims don't do that. That'd be like saying all Christian priests are pedophiles. And personally I'm surprised they censored it. They showed other things people demanded not be shown. What makes this so special?

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm aware it's racist. I know not all Muslim people are like that, but I'm of the opinion that most Muslim Middle Eastern based people tend to be very one sided when it comes to religion. I've sat down with three Muslim people and two of them have come out themselves and said that their religion has some very heavy values that end up getting mixed up as it gets passed down. The other guy flat out said his values are right and mine are wrong. You gotta love Santa Cruz, man.
    Last edited by Diocletian; 04-23-2010 at 11:47 PM.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Fun fact.

Turns out it was never muhammed in a bear suit.
    It was actually santa clause.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Nope, they edited in the santa in a bear suite to cover up the Muhammad in a bear suite.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

They still showed Muhammad didn't they? I've only seen select clips (about 10 minutes) of the episode and didn't really see the entire episode. I saw that Santa Clause ending and didn't get it.

http://www.justpressplay.net/images/...k-muhammad.jpg

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Probably just did it for when he was in a bear suit then. The whole episode is probably ruined because of the censoring. I'll admit, I like South Park but only the older episodes for the reason you stated.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Your Father View Post
    They still showed Muhammad didn't they? I've only seen select clips (about 10 minutes) of the episode and didn't really see the entire episode. I saw that Santa Clause ending and didn't get it.

http://www.justpressplay.net/images/...k-muhammad.jpg
    That was from an older episode, in 2008. It was censored on TV, though.

South Park did show Muhammad once without censoring him, in the episode Super Best Friends, along with many other religious figures as a part of a Super Friends parody. At that time no one really cared.

This only really became an issue when the death threats came from Revolution Muslim, though I suspect Parker and Stone were well aware of what would happen.

In the first of the two-part recent episode, all of the celebrities that South Park has ever made fun of return to get revenge on the town, specifically Tom Cruise, who wants to obtain Muhammad's ability to never be made fun of (when he does he appears under a black censor bar, as Muhammad did throughout the episodes...this was intentionally self-censored by Stone and Parker). The point was that every other religion gets made fun of, and sure people are offended, but they take it in good humor (the other religious figures of the Super Best Friends are seen in whacky nonsense humor throughout the two episodes), but no one ever shows, describes, or makes fun of Muhammad or Islam in any way out of fear of retribution. Of course, Stone and Parker do, and they get death threats, which really just proved their point.

In the second of the two episodes, Santa is in the bear suit and not Muhammad...Stone and Parker being the trolls they are. This was not censorship by Comedy Central, as a conversation then occurs between Santa, Stan, and Kyle. Muhammad is in fact "shown" in this episode, though again behind a black censor bar (intentionally self-censored). The issue of censorship came up in this episode in two main cases: 1) Any mention of Muhammad was censored by Comedy Central, and 2) Kyle's entire moral speech at the end was censored out (about 2 minutes of "beeeeeeeep"), even though it made no mention of Muhammad, and was apparently about fear, intimidation, and not giving into them, according to Parker and Stone.

I'm absolutely sure Stone and Parker knew what they were getting into when they did these episodes. I disagree with Comedy Central's decision to censor them; even if just to let Stone and Parker take responsibility for their actions, as I'm sure they intended to. That being said, I understand why they did it; to protect Stone and Parker, and themselves. That being said, Comedy Central only managed to prove Stone and Parker's point in the two episodes; that of fear, intimidation, and why giving into them means you lose.

After all of this took place, Comedy Central removed the Super Best Friends episode from the official South Park streaming website, SouthParkStudios; the episode had been up on the site since the beginning, without problems.
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 04-24-2010 at 12:05 AM.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2010 06:23 PM
    Threads

Story

Short story: South Park thought it would be funny to depict Muhammad in a bear suit and Comedy Central censored it.

Let me get this out of the way, I hate South Park. I think it tries way too hard to be edgy and funny and it falls flat on its face. I believe that Comedy Central did what was best for the company in terms of attracting people and as a business. They managed to get controversy and attention out of a scandal like this.

I personally find people on the internet to be retarded. They're complaining about "censorship" but they don't understand that Muslims are some crazy people. Terrorist could very well assasinate the creators of South Park like they did with Theo van Gogh. I know I would rather censor myself than get decapitated.
    Sounds like giving into terrorism to me. You're allowing yourself to be coerced by threats of violence.

This is about free speech. We here in North America have been making fun of religious figures for years, we have mocked Buddha, Jesus, Vishnu; you name your idol, we've made fun of it somehow. Why should muslims be exempt just because they threaten violence?

And I don't like a lot of the new South Park episodes that much either. I feel the series has gone down hill, but I'll still defend their right to poke fun at Muhammad if thats what they feel like doing.
    ~Condey, The Northamerimori~

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

Quote Originally Posted by Condey View Post
    Why should muslims be exempt just because they threaten violence?
    You answered your own question right there. .__. It's 'cuz they're outright scary with all that terrorism stuff.

Senior Member Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    You answered your own question right there. .__. It's 'cuz they're outright scary with all that terrorism stuff.
    Well I refuse to live in fear. Enjoy life under the foot of fanatics.

Hey guize, I herd muhammad was dumb, kekekeke. If anyone deems it justifiable to kill me over that remark, I'll die with my coolface on laughing at their childish and unevolved mentality.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    Terrorism is the use of fear tactics to achieve ones goals. Giving into the fear means they win.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Frankly, I don't see why this gets any attention at all. Neither of the South Park creators have died or anything like that, so what's with all the hype? I'm tired of South Park publicity.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    Terrorism is the use of fear tactics to achieve ones goals. Giving into the fear means they win.
    Can I get a high five for freedom, bro?

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

Really, i thought the two episodes were brilliant. For south park fans, it was awesome to see them bring back all the characters that they have made fun of. But the thing with Muhammad was just plain funny because they were making fun of the fact that muslims will be pissed if they see Muhammad uncensored. I was fine with the them censoring Muhammad, but I hated how they had to censor the word Muhammad and then censoring the very end segment where kyle and stan speak. I thought they went over board with the censorship but oh well.

Senior Member Ramona Flowers has a reputation beyond repute Ramona Flowers has a reputation beyond repute Ramona Flowers has a reputation beyond repute Ramona Flowers has a reputation beyond repute Ramona Flowers has a reputation beyond repute Ramona Flowers has a reputation beyond repute Ramona Flowers has a reputation beyond repute Ramona Flowers has a reputation beyond repute Ramona Flowers has a reputation beyond repute Ramona Flowers has a reputation beyond repute Ramona Flowers has a reputation beyond repute Ramona Flowers's Avatar
    Gil
    Apprehensive
    Gifts Cake Wine Hot Dog With Ketchup
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2012 08:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

lol yeah I heard about this on the daily show earlier, I lawled. If you havent seen this episode you should check it out, really, at least for that one part. -not a huge daily show fan-

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    Threads

TV and Islam seem to be the only things allowed to violate the first amendment. And here we have the combination of the two. Nothing unexpected.

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

as a HUGE South Park fan i think that what they did was perfectly okay. its simply a case of free speach. they've shown jesus in episodes before and they didn't get death treats from the church, i think that the muslims are taking it waaay to seriously. It's JUST A CARTOON for gods sake

Senior Member AnswerBAK has a reputation beyond repute AnswerBAK has a reputation beyond repute AnswerBAK has a reputation beyond repute AnswerBAK has a reputation beyond repute AnswerBAK has a reputation beyond repute AnswerBAK has a reputation beyond repute AnswerBAK has a reputation beyond repute AnswerBAK has a reputation beyond repute AnswerBAK has a reputation beyond repute AnswerBAK has a reputation beyond repute AnswerBAK has a reputation beyond repute AnswerBAK's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2010 07:37 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by GAZKUL View Post
    as a HUGE South Park fan i think that what they did was perfectly okay. its simply a case of free speach. they've shown jesus in episodes before and they didn't get death treats from the church, i think that the muslims are taking it waaay to seriously. It's JUST A CARTOON for gods sake

No its not what you say about Muhammed depicting him in image is against Muslims beliefs and they only ask we don't do it. What the folks at South Park did was known to have backlash. Its not just a 'toon though is it? Its their god.

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:24 AM
    Threads

I know I would rather censor myself than get decapitated.
    This was all I needed to read.

Glad to hear you're a terrorist's wet dream.
    Last edited by Zedekiah; 04-24-2010 at 06:01 AM.

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnswerBAK View Post
    No its not what you say about Muhammed depicting him in image is against Muslims beliefs and they only ask we don't do it. What the folks at South Park did was known to have backlash. Its not just a 'toon though is it? Its their god.
    its still free speach

angel in flight poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2010 06:40 PM
    Threads

South Park makes fun of the rest of the world, why does this get attention? Hasn't Jesus appeared in South Park before? Isn't that the equivalent of Muhammed? Why the media attention?

It's South Park. It's stupid.

"Thinking of you, where ever you are..."
    Sig by me

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Yeah he has countless times. In fact, he has his own talk show.

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't really see the fairness of allowing a whole episode making fun of the entire Scientologist religion while one picture of Muhammad is allowed to be censored.

Even if you don't agree with the Scientologist religion, it still has the same rights and privileges as the Islamic faith.

(First Amendment failure)

Zedekiah is right, if you give into the fear (in this case, by censorship), you are every terrorist's (wet) dream.
    Last edited by Memento Mori; 04-24-2010 at 10:55 AM.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Senior Member The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts 028 - Sandslash Tron LightCycle Falcon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2023 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have been a huge fan since the early days, I think this was pretty much one of the only directions they could go, just push the show to the limits all the way.

I hate whenever anything is censored that I dig, but comedy central did what they had to, I still think they could have gotten Team America to handle the situation.
    -TWM-

Closed Thread

Thread Information