AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Wannabe Japanese?

A fan of anime and video games. Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555's Avatar
    Gil
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2012 10:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Wannabe Japanese?

Congrats, you all replied to me in a way that shows NO MATTER WHAT EVIDENCE IS SHOWN OTHERWISE you think that America is better than Japan. Way to go, being a bunch of overly patriotic Americans who like a robot or puppet just say America is best, even when I've shown that Japan is clearly superior.

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    Congrats, you all replied to me in a way that shows NO MATTER WHAT EVIDENCE IS SHOWN OTHERWISE you think that America is better than Japan. Way to go, being a bunch of overly patriotic Americans who like a robot or puppet just say America is best, even when I've shown that Japan is clearly superior.
    I believe what you were trying to say is this:

Now then, if have any sort of real admiration towards Japanese culture, why don't you cease in these senseless arguments of yours about "superiority" and just enjoy the culture for what it is.
    Last edited by Shinn Kamiyra; 01-26-2011 at 11:40 PM.

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

Awaken Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1 has a reputation beyond repute Ericgamer1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2011 09:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamer555
    Congrats, you all replied to me in a way that shows NO MATTER WHAT EVIDENCE IS SHOWN OTHERWISE you think that America is better than Japan.
    kk, so let's review~

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamer555
    Nintendo of Japan invented console based online downloadable games (Satellaview) back in the 1990's, LONG before Microsoft in the USA even dreamed of it (XBox Live Arcade).
    You do realize this was radio technology, correct?

So I suppose if we're talking about the "credit" for technology you should really be thanking this guy.

Japan has tons of promotional items surounding its games (figurines, posters, etc, etc). American games have hardly anything in this regard.
    ?
    Quote Originally Posted by videogamer555
    figurines

posters

etc, etc

The Japanese have discovered how to make animated films appeal to a wide range of ages.
    I didn't know there was some sort of secret formula to it.

American cartoons are 99% for kids.
    so... this doesn't exist?

The first widespread popular game consoles were made by Japanese companies Nintendo and Sega. The American company Microsoft is a bit late to the party, wouldn't you say?
    Magnavox Odyssey was released in America in 1972, by a guy who begin working on the project in 1968! coincidentally and all, if not for him, video games probably wouldn't exist.

Japan was a bit late to the party, wouldn't you say?

Japan > America

Nuff said!
    keep telling yourself that..
    Last edited by Ericgamer1; 01-27-2011 at 12:23 AM.

^by Hakuchuumu^

^Xey Oiz^

The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2014 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Japan isn't great, but its not so bad either. However, wannabe Japanese people only like Japan, from how I see it most of the time in my life, is because of anime. >_> idk, If anime wasn't around at all, probably America is still hatin' on the Japanese. God knows, I don't even know but it can happen like that. Hah. ;/
    I hear excuses "I like the Japanese culture~" when did you "learn" about the Japanese culture, most likely from anime. But, whatever. And just because they know even the slightest culture, let alone, speaking the language fluently: no matter what, you are who you are. Wannabe Japanese will never ever be Japanese. Yay!

But really, Japan isn't that great. Oh well.

A fan of anime and video games. Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555's Avatar
    Gil
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2012 10:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The first time that a game for a video game console was downloadable using the actual game console + accessory was with the Satellaview. Even Sega's "Sega Channel" came AFTER the Satellaview. And by the way, Sega is also a Japanese company and yes Sega Channel also came BEFORE XBox Live Arcade.

Magnavox Odyssey, Atari consoles, and other vintage game consoles NEVER sold as many units as the Super Nintendo did. If they did, they'd still be competitors in the market today. Guess what, Magnavox DOES NOT make consoles now, nor does Atari. Nintendo DOES still sell consoles.

The posters and other stuff you showed for stuff relating American games were not collectible items. They were HUGE advertising banners and one lifesize statue of Master Chief (NOT mass produced collectible memorabilia like found in Japan). There are very few actual collectible "wall posters" and other collectible memorabilia for American games, or even Japanese games when ported to US consoles. Only the most famous games like Zelda Ocarina of Time (remember those action figures based on the game), and Halo have any such memorabilia in the US. While in Japan, many games (not just the top few most famous ones) have TONS of memorabilia (stickers, posters, figurines, action figures, etc).
    Last edited by Videogamer555; 01-27-2011 at 10:01 AM.

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    752 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2013 08:56 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Just how did an old dead thread like this one get dug out?
    You people are some hardworking tomb raiders.

I suppose I don't need to throw in my piece of mind since others have already said what I want to say a year ago...

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 10:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

First off, I don't even know how we resurrected this thread, so the fact that we are even discussing it further already has me confused.

Second, I am going to nip this little argument in the bud, because quite frankly, I am sick of it already.

For everyone who has been arguing with VG555, I have to sadly inform you that, on certain points, he has been correct.

Satellaview WAS indeed the first device to offer downloadable content. As a side note, the definition of "download" only means that you are transferring data to a local system from a remote system; the fact that Satellaview utilizes a satellite and radio waves does not change anything. You could actually download magazines and games to the Super Famicom and listen to music, among other things. And even though it was released in 1995, support for the Satellaview didn't end until June 2000 (to put it prospective, the N64 was discontinued only 2 years AFTER that).

When it comes to promotional items, Japan DOES release more for its audiences than America does (even when importing games from Japan). Bonus figurines, bigger guides, bundle packs; Japan gets much more of this than we do, mostly due in part to the fact that alternative media (video games, anime, etc) is much more prolific in Japan than it is here (you can see video game and anime characters all over the place in Japan, but you would be hard pressed to find ANYTHING with a video game character on it outside of a Best Buy).

The cartoons thing? Not even an argument. Adult Swim runs for 8 hours a night. That still lives 16 hours of children's programs on Cartoon Network (that's 67% on that channel alone). Add in the Disney Channel, Disney XD, The Hub, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr, Nicktoons (yes, they are separate channels), Boomerang and Sprout, and I don't how you can even make the argument that American cartoons ARE NOT 99% children's shows (even Comedy Central only has a few adult cartoons).

When it comes to "widespread popular game consoles", they were indeed made by Japanese companies first. Sorry, but the Magnavox Odyssey HARDLY counts as a widespread anything, since it only sold about 330,000 units. The NES/Famicom sold over 60 MILLION units (and was only discontinued in 2003). And if it weren't for Nintendo, who released their system during the midst of the video game crash of 1983, there probably wouldn't even be a video game industry worth talking about today.

Now, do these revelations mean that Japan is better than America as a whole? Only if you are a idiotic, attention deprived, Japanophile who is culturally ignorant of the histories, cultures and achievements of BOTH countries to the point where their levels of "greatness" should be measured by how well they create and market video games.

And that is the end of that.
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 01-27-2011 at 03:23 PM.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information