AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Thread: Wannabe Japanese?

Threaded View

Senior Member Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2010 06:45 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Wannabe Japanese?

Frankly, I have been called that and I recently found out what it was.
    Pulling it from.... umm... Urban Dictionary....

****** - Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. They use Japanese words but usually end up pronouncing them wrong.

1. A person so obsessed with japanese culture that they ignore their own.
    2. Someone obsessed beyond healthy levels with anime.
    3. People who ruin activities for other people with overzealous references to said anime.
    4. People so oblivious to reality they only care about anime.

Someone who thinks Japan is superior over EVERYTHING.
    So then I went like, "Okay....??" Question mark.. question mark.. still a bit confused... Then I came across... THIS-

KEEP IN MIND: that a non-japanese person can like the culture, watch anime, speak the language and RESPECT THE CULTURE, while still keeping in touch with there own. Which keeps them from being a anime fan.
    So which is it?

I don't think I am one to be honest. I mean I really am fond of the Japanese culture... and I do not like my own... (Chinese. Because I know how Chinese people can be at times and it just irritates me because I can not believe I am Chinese...) but I do not cling on to Anime and Manga as much as others. I mean I 'like' the idea of Anime and Manga.. but I dont 'obsess' over it. And also, many people think I gave myself a nickname. Incorrect.

My nickname isnt Sakura BECAUSE of Sakura cardcaptors or Sakura from Naruto or Sakura from Fate/Stay Night... ect.
    My nickname came from my long lost friend from Elementary School before she left to the mainland. She's a sentimental person and she thought I might relate to this flower. (She's still long lost too.)

What is your term of a ******?
    Are you one? Whats the difference?
    Have you been called that before?
    Were you confused just as much as I was?
    Is there a fine line?

Edit: Am I not supposed to use that word....? >___>;
    Last edited by Sakura Holic; 04-13-2010 at 04:06 AM. Reason: I realized something...

[[ ~Missing the old アンティック-珈琲店~ ]]

Thread Information