AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lesbian Couple Duped into Fake Prom

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Lesbian Couple Duped into Fake Prom

A lesbian teen who successfully sued her Mississippi school for the right to bring her girlfriend to prom was left out and was instead directed to a "fake prom" on Friday, according to The Advocate.
    Constance McMillen, her date and just a handful of others, including two classmates with learning disabilities, attended the dance in Fulton, Mississippi while most of her other classmates from Itawamba Agricultural High School reportedly partied at a separate prom that McMillen was not invited to.
    McMillen made headlines just a few weeks ago when, with the help of the ACLU, she fought the school's decision to cancel prom. The school canceled the dance after McMillen sought to bring her girlfriend and to wear a tuxedo.
    As part of a preliminary ruling, a judge decided that McMillen was allowed to bring a girl as a date. The judge did not order the school to reinstate the prom because it was understood that McMillen would be invited to a prom being held by parents of her Itawamba classmates. Instead, that prom was canceled and was replaced with the sparsely attended country club event.
    Kristy Bennett, the ACLU's legal director for Mississippi, told NEMS360, that she was disappointed.
    "Whatever we find will be brought to the court's attention," Bennett told NEMS. "Whether it is in the damages trial, or whatever. There will still be a trial on the merits. The case didn't end in the preliminary hearing."

McMillen, 18, said that her feelings were hurt, but that there was at least one good thing about the night. The Advocate:
    Two students with learning difficulties were among the seven people at the country club event, McMillen recalls. "They had the time of their lives," McMillen says. "That's the one good thing that come out of this, [these kids] didn't have to worry about people making fun of them [at their prom]."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_525856.html
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

That's just not right and the staff needs to be replaced asap and be banned from teaching again. At least the disabled kids had fun. But still this is wrong, a school should not effect student's lives like this.

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I get the feeling that this has less to do with her being gay, and more to do with no one liking her.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    I get the feeling that this has less to do with her being gay, and more to do with no one liking her.
    The opinion of the school's administration appears to be both of these, which is the problem.

The rest of the students do seem to be directing their anger at the initial cancellation of the prom toward her, which is probably where this new incident stems from.

Juvenile people using juvenile antics.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    The opinion of the school's administration appears to be both of these, which is the problem.

The rest of the students do seem to be directing their anger at the initial cancellation of the prom toward her, which is probably where this new incident stems from.

Juvenile people using juvenile antics.
    Why is it juvenile? She got to go to a prom, and the people who didn't want their prom to become some political platform got to attend their own. Everyone got what they asked for.

The only reason she would be upset, is because she couldn't force a pro-gay message on dozens of students because they went elsewhere. That's not what prom is about though.

Blizzard's #1 Forum Rat Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Nachos
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2011 08:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Im wondering how it all went down, like how can she be tricked into going to a fake prom. I'm pretty sure someone must have spilled the beans one way or another OR everyone was all on this idea to not let her know. HUFFINGTONPOST I WANT MORE SCOOP!
    the lovely miss keri hilson - - -

Not taking any sig/av request - - -

Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndrasta View Post
    Im wondering how it all went down, like how can she be tricked into going to a fake prom. I'm pretty sure someone must have spilled the beans one way or another OR everyone was all on this idea to not let her know. HUFFINGTONPOST I WANT MORE SCOOP!
    According to a local newspaper, she asked other students which was the real prom and they told her it was the country club one. Of course both proms were real, but every one in the loop knew which one everyone was going to go to.
    Last edited by Wio; 04-07-2010 at 01:57 AM.

Psychic Amnesiac Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-01-2011 12:20 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    Why is it juvenile? She got to go to a prom, and the people who didn't want their prom to become some political platform got to attend their own. Everyone got what they asked for.

The only reason she would be upset, is because she couldn't force a pro-gay message on dozens of students because they went elsewhere. That's not what prom is about though.
    I don't think her intention was to force a pro-gay message to anyone, of course I could be wrong, but I think she just wanted to go to her school prom with her girlfriend. I see nothing wrong with that.
    I'm a psychic amnesiac. I know in advance what I'm going to forget.

Children in backseats will cause accidents. Accidents in backseats can bear children.

The more you learn, the more you know, the more you know, and the more you forget. The more you forget, the less you know. So why bother to learn?

Made by Hakuchuumu

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

EDIT: Removing unfair comment about Wio. I still stand by the below statement.

As for the incident itself I agree with Xero, its children acting like children. Would it really have been so terrible for them to just have the prom?
    Last edited by miniPhil; 04-07-2010 at 03:46 PM.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Eh, the teachers at that school are morons, nothing more. They should feel ashamed for what they did to two students. Teachers should not be allowed to force their opinions onto students.

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 12:07 AM
    Threads

An indication that a judge knows when he's crossed the line is when he makes a declaration but won't put authoritative weight behind it. Yes, it's pretty crummy that the school said she couldn't bring a lesbian date to their prom. No, not a single civil right was violated in the school's choice to cancel the prom. Proms are voluntary events; both high schools I attended had a prom cancaled recently due to student behavior. Because the girls were not prevented from speaking at any other time and in any other public forum, that's one helluva stretch by Judge Davidson to say that their First Amendment rights were violated because the school canceled its prom.

Reading the article, it was also apparent that girls' intent was to make a statement. Wio's remark is on-target; that girl intended to make a political statement at a high school event. The high school said no, and canceled the event. I don't like how the school handled it, but I don't like smoking or bottom-line focused business practices either. I might not like it, personally, but the school's choice was a legal course of action. If the ACLU pokes this one too hard, they're going to get bit for it when the families of those students who did not want this media attention start filing counter-suits.

I completely support people making public statements in open forums, but there is a line separating appropriateness from inappropriateness of the forum. A high school prom is not an appropriate forum.

Bad Memory

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Honestly I don't know what to say about this. It is just both horrible and good some how. She is a very understanding young girl and she more then deserved to have a prom with her friends and girlfriend.
    Gero Server Guru

Senior Member The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Ice Cream Kawaiislice Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2023 06:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Honestly, I just don't get it? There has never been a problem if two girls attend a prom together before. Just cause one of them decides to wear a tux, that makes it an issue????? How do we know none of those "girlfriends" over the years haven't been lesbian lovers? Seriously, why does it seem people are more concerned about stupid &%$# instead of serious problems with our society?? No wonder I feel no patriotism for my own country, ugh.

Playstation Network ID: animerebel

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gero50 View Post
    She is a very understanding young girl and she more then deserved to have a prom with her friends and girlfriend.
    Why did she not show up with her date the way most do? Do you believe she deserved to turn a prom into a political forum?

Bad Memory

angel in flight poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2010 06:40 PM
    Threads

That's crap. It's good to know that the disabled kids had fun and that the girl feels that way despite the fact that it was a fake prom. Still, that's garbage. I'm not surprised that the other students would do something like this though. Not shocked at all. In fact, I was expecting this to happen. I'm amazed the girl didn't see this coming.

Still, that's a bunch of bull.

"Thinking of you, where ever you are..."
    Sig by me

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gero50 View Post
    She is a very understanding young girl and she more then deserved to have a prom with her friends and girlfriend.
    And you know this... how exactly? (PROTIP: "Read the articles" is not a good answer.)

Super Princess Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos's Avatar
    Gil
    Volatile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2010 03:11 AM
    Threads

How did the other students feel about this? Were they just as willing to ditch this girl?

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Mississippi while most of her other classmates from Itawamba Agricultural High School reportedly partied at a separate prom that McMillen was not invited to.
    QQ, I wasn't invited. There's a thin line between standing up for what you believe in and just trying too damn hard.

Why doesn't she just wear a dress? I know there isn't a dress code for either sex, but c'mon that's just trying to start stuff. It's like if a hispanic person went to a predominantly caucasian golfing club, didn't have money to pay the fees and was turned away. Then said hispanic person pulls the race card and says that they're just being racist.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Show View Post
    Why did she not show up with her date the way most do? Do you believe she deserved to turn a prom into a political forum?

Bad Memory
    As it is a place where discrimination occurs, it's probably the most suitable political forums she could possibly have chosen.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Discrimination never gets old. It's always around here somewhere until it hits you in the face. I mean, honestly, why would you do that? Now that just taking it too far. If it was in California, the teachers/parents would've been arrested. Something like this shouldn't be sliding around.
    Last edited by Light Buster; 04-07-2010 at 09:47 PM.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Light Buster View Post
    Discrimination never gets old. It's always around here somewhere until it hits you in the face. I mean, honestly, why would you do that? Now that just taking it too far. If it was in California, the teachers/parents would've been arrested. Something like this shouldn't be sliding around.
    There's a difference between discrimination and "I'm not inviting you because we'd be uncomfortable". I'm all for gays, but if the people didn't invite you, they just didn't invite you.

I've always wondered how they "cancel" these proms. Does someone stand on the tables during lunchtime and scream "I'M TAKING MY GIRLFRIEND TO PROM"! If I was a homosexual female, I would just go to prom with my girlfriend and not tell anyone. They can't just cancel the prom on the spot now that they've spent all that money.
    Last edited by Diocletian; 04-07-2010 at 11:41 PM.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    As it is a place where discrimination occurs, it's probably the most suitable political forums she could possibly have chosen.
    Then a more intelligent course of action would have been to just show up. Her goal from the start appears to be putting the school on the spot, not making a statement to students. Either way, canceling a voluntary event is not infringing upon or restricting one's First Amendment protections.

Bad Memory

Super Princess Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos's Avatar
    Gil
    Volatile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2010 03:11 AM
    Threads

I'm sad I never got to go to fake prom.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Show View Post
    Then a more intelligent course of action would have been to just show up. Her goal from the start appears to be putting the school on the spot, not making a statement to students. Either way, canceling a voluntary event is not infringing upon or restricting one's First Amendment protections.

Bad Memory
    You could probably implement a significant chunk of apartheid without violating the first amendment. Doesn't make it any more right to do, though.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If she really wanted to go to the prom, she would have just followed the dress code and got in. Any heterosexual guy who wanted to wear a dress or heterosexual girl who wanted to wear a tuxedo would have gotten the same treatment because the dress code was the main issue. Once she got in she'd probably be able to do lesbian stuff in the prom because the rules are poorly enforced at proms.

She knew what she was doing when she began making threats and got the ACLU involved. In the end, she got the attention she wanted, a spot on Ellen Degeneres' show and a 30k scholarship.

If you believe that she just wanted to go to prom and didn't want to make a scene, then you're insulting her intelligence.

Closed Thread

Thread Information