AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Author(s)?

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Favorite Author(s)?

Pretty self-explanatory. List your favorite or some of your favorite authors. Feel free to explain your love or tell us about that author's work. Maybe you'll inspire someone to seek him or her out.

As for me:

Gregory Maguire
    : Admittedly he won me over with Wicked. The story, setting, and, oh God, the characters were all brilliant. Then I read Mirror Mirror and my adoration was sealed. I think what I love most about that one is his poetic use of language. The book reads like a giant prose poem. He writes the way I wish I could.

Ian McEwan: I thought my first taste was with Atonement, which I adore, but in fact I have since learned that Ian McEwan is the mind behind the script of The Good Son, of which I am also fond. I've since read a collection of his short stories and the disturbing book Enduring Love. He's a talented writer, of that there is no doubt. However, I think what appeals to me most about his work is the inherent cruelty, in particular toward his characters. I love how twisted he is, certainly earning the nickname "Ian Macabre."

Anne Tyler: My mother introduced me to Anne Tyler when I was young, knowing my love of strong characters. And that is precisely where her strength lies- in creating very real, very likable characters. The plots within her books are often simple, driven by the force of well-fleshed characters. My only complaint about her books is that, particularly in her early work, the endings often come across as being forcefully happy. I don't know if that was her doing or her editor's, but it is less a problem in her more recent books. If I had to pick a single book of her's to recommend it would probably be Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant. Try reading that and not loving Ezra. Just try.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

My descriptions are going to be short.

Anne Rice - Created my favorite fictional character of all time, Lestat.

J.R.R. Tolken - Don't think I really have to explain this one.

Mark Twain - Again, don't think I need to explain.

C.S. Lewis - No explanation if you read the Narnia series.

J.k. Roweling - The Harry Potter books where amazing for the most part. Absolutely hated the way she ended them though.

Edgar Allen Poe - One of the best poets you could ever read.

Senior Member noelynn1995900 has a reputation beyond repute noelynn1995900 has a reputation beyond repute noelynn1995900 has a reputation beyond repute noelynn1995900 has a reputation beyond repute noelynn1995900 has a reputation beyond repute noelynn1995900 has a reputation beyond repute noelynn1995900 has a reputation beyond repute noelynn1995900 has a reputation beyond repute noelynn1995900 has a reputation beyond repute noelynn1995900 has a reputation beyond repute noelynn1995900 has a reputation beyond repute noelynn1995900's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Sagittarius 006 - Charizard Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-14-2014 12:29 PM
    Threads

Jame Patterson- Wrote my favorite book series; Maximum Ride. He also wrote When the Wind Blows and the Lakehouse.
    P.C. and Kristen Cast- Wrote the House of Night series.
    L.J. Smith- Wrote the Vampire Diaries, Nightworld, and Dark Visions series.(All really good series.)
    Roleplayer, gamer girl, band nerd, and ROTC cadet.
    You ain't got nothin' on me.

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Bill Bryson- simply the funniest travel writer ever.

angel in flight poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2010 06:40 PM
    Threads

John Green- His books are amazing and hilarious. I have never read another book that has made me nearly wet my pants while reading it like Looking for Alaska.

Patrick Rothfuss- I've only ever read one of his books (and I think he's only published one), but it was so good that he's one of my favorite authors. He can write one great fantasy novel.

Laura Ingles Wilder- I've been reading her books since I was 10. They're an easy read but they're still amazing. Always have time to read By the Shores of Silver Lake.

Jonathan Kellerman- Pick up Monster and you'll understand why.

"Thinking of you, where ever you are..."
    Sig by me

Senior Member John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Mars Crystal Henshin Pen Rainbow Ribbon Sagittarius
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 12:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Anne Rice. Hands down.

I dont think there is any other author in the world who can put words on a piece of paper and have it take my breath away with each page I turn.

Simply beautiful work.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by GAZKUL View Post
    Bill Bryson- simply the funniest travel writer ever.
    Oh, I love Bill Bryson! My first experience with him was In a Sunburned Country. It made me love Australia more than I did already. I strive to have everyone I know back in the states read it.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-1969 07:00 PM
    Threads

Jeff Noon is probably my favorite author, though he's really unheard of, he's brilliant. He writes in a poetic, futuristic and very clever manner, and he's the only author who has managed to describe sex and make me think 'good lord, that was beautiful'.

Secondly, I enjoy Stephen King. He's fairly manstream for thrillers and horror, but also engrossing and his plots are really engaging~

;u;' I also love me some Shakespeare on occasion...
    and I certainly don't love Stephanie Meyer, guudghlfalkgjalkg. I also love stuff like Poe and Rowling, but everyone knows they're godly huh?

Stuck in Love's Capture Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara has a reputation beyond repute Kaname Shikara's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Hot Chocolate Flowers Fan2 Wolf
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2015 06:38 AM
    In Between Darkness and Light, Engulfed in Fire and Ice
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I third Edgar Allen Poe. He's freaking amazing! His poem entitled "Alone" was really really good. o.o All of his writing has the tendency to draw you in from the beginning.

Amazing set by
    Ezza Obsuna ^^

The days fly by and the feelings remain
    So far away and causing us pain
    That's okay we'll make it through
    Soon we'll get to say "I love you"

Junior Member jin123 is on a distinguished road jin123's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2010 03:39 PM
    Threads

My favorite author is Burnerd Shah he wrote such a nice and great stories which have impact on my life.Specially the Doctor's delima.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-1969 07:00 PM
    Threads

Andy Griffiths- I totally love his "Just series" books

The Rocker Witch Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Four Leaf Clover Watermelon
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2015 12:52 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wink

mine are going to be short also
    Gregory Maguire- I got hooked after Wicked. I love the way he writes and am trying to write similar.

[set by blueangel06661]

Member XDissidiaX has a reputation beyond repute XDissidiaX has a reputation beyond repute XDissidiaX has a reputation beyond repute XDissidiaX has a reputation beyond repute XDissidiaX has a reputation beyond repute XDissidiaX has a reputation beyond repute XDissidiaX has a reputation beyond repute XDissidiaX has a reputation beyond repute XDissidiaX has a reputation beyond repute XDissidiaX has a reputation beyond repute XDissidiaX has a reputation beyond repute XDissidiaX's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2012 11:57 PM
    Threads

Clive Barker-I've read some of his works and my favourite is Abarat.He also directed the Hellraiser movie which was based on his novel The Hellbound Heart.

Lewis Carroll

Anne Rice

Frank Beddor-He wrote the looking glass wars which was a brilliant reworking of Alice in Wonderland but is much more of darker version than the original.

Stephen King

Edgar Allen Poe

J. R. R. Tolken

Member ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2013 01:27 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ghostthegreat

Can I count myself? (No, no I kid, I hate myself....)

Seriously though,

I love Milton, anyone who has read Paradise Lost knows why.

King of course is one of the best, even some of his books proclaimed to be "not so great" are still miles above most.

Terry Brooks is one of my personal favorites. I've been reading his works since I was around 5.

Finally I would probably round out my list with George R. R. Martin. Loved the first three books in his Fire and Ice series(though I lost interest waiting for the next one to come out, I'll have to pick that up sometime soon.)
    I need a new signature and I didn't know what to put, so I decided to throw this in.

Also check out my blog at http://danielkamin.wordpress.com

Junior Member nai.a_ana has a brilliant future nai.a_ana has a brilliant future nai.a_ana has a brilliant future nai.a_ana has a brilliant future nai.a_ana has a brilliant future nai.a_ana has a brilliant future nai.a_ana has a brilliant future nai.a_ana has a brilliant future nai.a_ana has a brilliant future nai.a_ana has a brilliant future nai.a_ana has a brilliant future nai.a_ana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2010 08:13 AM
    Threads

As for my , me favorite writer is Carlos ruiz zafon , Lermontov ...

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Favorite Bioshock Syringe Bioshock Eve
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2019 06:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aozorapen

Simple.

Currently it's Stephen King, George Orwell, Holly Black and Nora Roberts. Don't go there.

できねぇ時?
    そん時ゃ諸共心中だよ

STN-J Witch Hunter Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2016 11:55 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Mark Twain, Nicolas Monserrat and Shel Silverstein, no bloody lie.
    320 years have passed since the coven sank into the dark

I may have been born in The United States, but running through my veins is 70,000% UK blood.

Here's something from my blog:
    http://www.animeforum.com/blog.php?1...y-Special-Blog

Senior Member The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2011 08:57 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: goku100107

I'd have to say Micheal Connelly. No one has ever made their characters all at least decent like he has. Also,his main characters are never bad(As far as I have read),they are least decent. His comedy is top notch,the plots are interesting also.

Sims Sadist Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Wolf Kunai Batmobile 1989
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-03-2019 12:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Mercedes Lackey - Pick up any of her Heralds of Valdemar series books and you will fall in love.

Terry Goodkind - Loved his Sword of Truth series.
    "You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same, the gods laugh and celebrate the differences."

Senior Member Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2013 12:26 AM
    Threads

stephen king, richard patteson, and edgar allen poe. simply amazing stories that those have wrote

"Tell her that I miss our little talks."

Junior Member StupidEJ95 is on a distinguished road StupidEJ95's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Bomb 028 - Sandslash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2010 08:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Favorite Author(s)?

I was always a sucker for Stephen King and Agatha Christie. My favorite books by them were Cujo and Evil Under the Sun.

MICK JAGGER IS AWESOME

RIP Thylacine

SNORTING COKE - UR DOIN IT WRONG

The One and Only knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya Eva NERV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 02:58 PM
    Threads

Terry Pratchett, all I can say is Discworld
    Good and Evil have never been this cute

Sparky Dork. October. has a reputation beyond repute October. has a reputation beyond repute October. has a reputation beyond repute October. has a reputation beyond repute October. has a reputation beyond repute October. has a reputation beyond repute October. has a reputation beyond repute October. has a reputation beyond repute October. has a reputation beyond repute October. has a reputation beyond repute October. has a reputation beyond repute October.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2010 11:24 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Meg Cabot
    C.S. Lewis-Chornicles of Narnia was awesome!
    Agatha Christie-haven't read much but she got me in her 1930's omnibus
    J.K Rowling

the soul would have no rainbow
    had the eyes no tears~
    :3

Senior Member Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts One Piece Mugiwara Guitar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2021 06:26 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Stephen King and Paul Coelho.

Senior Member The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Heart 172 - Pichu Popsicle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2011 10:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

P.C Cast, Stephnie Meyer, Stephan King

I Love Being Visual Kei No Matter The Mood, Place or Time I Rock The Style Any day

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information