AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elfen Lied; Bandou's Character

Junior Member Silver Fang is on a distinguished road Silver Fang's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2012 09:40 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Elfen Lied; Bandou's Character

What do you think of Bandou's character? Do you like him? If so, what is it abot him you like/find appealing? Or, do you hate him with a passion, and what makes you hate him?

This thread will have spoilers, if you've not read the manga.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-10-2010 at 12:35 AM.

Senior Member John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Mars Crystal Henshin Pen Rainbow Ribbon Sagittarius
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 12:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ahh Bandou, he has such a temper! At first I kinda thought he was an a**hole and I hated him...then I started liking him when he found out that Mayu was the one that helped him and he decided he'd protect and kill anyone for her...then I hated him again 'cuz he gripped her up by her neck and threw her on the ground! What a mean guy! He deserved what Lucy did to him. >>;

boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2012 08:46 PM
    Threads

Really hated him...quite a bit. Laughed when Lucy tore his arm(s?) off and when he got beat up by Nana =3 Did he end up dying? I can't remember...

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by .Lali View Post
    Ahh Bandou, he has such a temper! At first I kinda thought he was an a**hole and I hated him...then I started liking him when he found out that Mayu was the one that helped him and he decided he'd protect and kill anyone for her...then I hated him again 'cuz he gripped her up by her neck and threw her on the ground! What a mean guy! He deserved what Lucy did to him. >>;
    I can see where you're coming from, but he has a bigger part in the manga. The manga also shows he can be kind-hearted, in his own way. In fact, Mayu falls in love with Bandou in the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by TheThunderBringer View Post
    Really hated him...quite a bit. Laughed when Lucy tore his arm(s?) off and when he got beat up by Nana =3 Did he end up dying? I can't remember...
    He never did die. In the End, Lucy just beat him up again.

/v|;/|/|) `|`}{;(-'/-'' daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2016 05:43 PM

I actually like Bandou's character a lot, he's really quite funny. His careless and homicidal attitude was one of the things that made Elfen Lied bearable for me.
    feed your monster

Senior Member Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17 has a reputation beyond repute Raiden17's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2011 10:02 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by daft View Post
    I actually like Bandou's character a lot, he's really quite funny. His careless and homicidal attitude was one of the things that made Elfen Lied bearable for me.
    Lol "bearable"
    It always amuses me how many people didn't like Elfen Lied. I obviously don't know your reasons and they're probably better than just "I don't like gore and nudity", but it's not even that bad, and it's there for a reason.
    I think the story was really intelligent.

Back on topic: I agree that Bandou was way more likeable in the manga. Like a totally different person. Especially when

the company send two other assassins after lucy and nana, that guy with the poison spike balls was a total a-hole

/v|;/|/|) `|`}{;(-'/-'' daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2016 05:43 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden17 View Post
    Lol "bearable"
    It always amuses me how many people didn't like Elfen Lied. I obviously don't know your reasons and they're probably better than just "I don't like gore and nudity", but it's not even that bad, and it's there for a reason.
    I think the story was really intelligent.
    Okay, perhaps 'bearable' is too harsh of a word. Thinking twice about it, Elfen Lied is pretty unique and entertaining in it's own way...

It's just that with all the hype that I had heard during the first time I watched it, I guess my expectations were a little bit high. And yes, the gore and nudity isn't even that bad... if anything, I think the explicit content is one of the major qualities which makes anime appealing to many of it's fans.
    feed your monster

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden17 View Post
    Lol "bearable"
    Back on topic: I agree that Bandou was way more likeable in the manga. Like a totally different person. Especially when

the company send two other assassins after lucy and nana, that guy with the poison spike balls was a total a-hole
    Yeah. I hate the anime was short, and because of that, alot of Bandoh's good moments were omitted. So, if you only watch the anime, he seems like a filler character with no heart, or morals what-so-ever. I mean, in the manga, Bandoh shows alot of his "compassionate" side. All the examples I can come up with are the following.

1. When he saves Mayu from the guy that tries to rape her.
    2. When he helps Nana, after she's been poisoned by the spiked ball. And, he gives her something to bite down on, because it would hurt.
    3. Saving Kurama from killing himself.
    4. After saving him, he let Kurama stay with him in the little shack he had on the beach.
    5. Nana asks for his help with Mariko, and he refuses, but seems to regret it. Then, he shows up to help fight Mariko anyway.
    6. He grants Kurama's wish, and escapes with Nana.
    7. He sacrifices himself saving Mayu from Lucy.
    8. He wants to be missed by someone when he passes away.
    9. Even though he wanted someone to mourn his death, he tries to make Mayu feel batter by telling her not to let his "supposed death" cause her tears.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-12-2010 at 07:28 PM.

boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Wow,that makes him sound tons better lol. I'd read the manga, but I've heard it's awful (and I don't know where to find it). He kinda just ticked me off in the anime...blargh.

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

Member Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2010 09:54 AM
    Threads

The manga is not terrible, it's just got some overly sexual moments that gross a lot of people out. (Me included, incest is not something I'm crazy about.)
    I can link you to the site where I read it, I'm not sure if it was ever licensed in the US.

As for Bandou, he seemed like a real [Richard] to me at first, and I lol'd at Lucy's
    "Is it fun now?" after she ripped his arms off, but I grew to like him after he said he'd protect Mayu. Although him throwing her on the ground after strangling her was kind of a [Richard] move.
    Last edited by Hollow Lelouch; 04-09-2010 at 10:17 PM.

HOLLOW LELOUCH

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Wow,that makes him sound tons better lol. I'd read the manga, but I've heard it's awful (and I don't know where to find it). He kinda just ticked me off in the anime...blargh.
    He is tons better. Also, in the manga, you find out that Bandoh didn't want to go through with the Castration surgery because he wanted to have kids one day.

You can rea the manga here http://www.onemanga.com/Elfen_Lied/ if you change your mind.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

and I lol'd at Lucy's
    "Is it fun now?" after she ripped his arms off
    Highlight of that show. "Tanoshikai?" "Aaaaurgh!!!" xD

He is tons better. Also, in the manga, you find out that Bandoh didn't want to go through with the Castration surgery because he wanted to have kids one day.

You can rea the manga here http://www.onemanga.com/Elfen_Lied/ if you change your mind.
    Thanks for the link, I'll see if I can get around to reading it.

-RaShayRitto

~ Aura ~ Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2010 02:48 PM
    Threads

He was a huge jerk who deserved his comeuppance.
    ~ Aura ~

"If you are near to the dark
    I will tell you 'bout the sun
    You are here, no escape
    From my visions of the world
    You will cry all alone
    But it does not mean a thing to me ..."

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks for the link, I'll see if I can get around to reading it.
    No problem. I hope you can get the time to read it. Although, it is a very short manga. It's only 107 chapters.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No problem. I hope you can get the time to read it. Although, it is a very short manga. It's only 107 chapters.
    That sounds really long...but I've never read a single manga despite all the anime I've seen...how many pages is 107 chapters?

-RaShayRitto

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That sounds really long...but I've never read a single manga despite all the anime I've seen...how many pages is 107 chapters?
    It's shor for a manga. Manga like Naruto, Inuyasha & Bleach have up to 400+ chapters. So, 107 only, is short.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It's shor for a manga. Manga like Naruto, Inuyasha & Bleach have up to 400+ chapters. So, 107 only, is short.
    ...how many pages is 107 chapters?

-RaShayRitto

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

...how many pages is 107 chapters?
    Well, I can't tell you that. The number of pages, varies for some chapters.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information