AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Dr. Who New Season

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

Wink Dr. Who New Season

Before we start heres the for you to listen to.

So the first episode is finished, what did ya'll think?

Not sure about the episode itself, wasn't too impressed tbh. Also a green sonic? That being said the new tardis looks awesome and the preview for the rest of the season has got me pumped.
    Last edited by miniPhil; 04-03-2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Spoiler tags added
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Firstly, please put episode discussion in spoiler-tags for the next couple of days, as the episode takes a while to trickle down through various TV channels into different places around the world.

Secondly, the new opening may be a one-time deal, as it kinda ties in to the special circumstances of this episode. Though I still prefer .

I seriously hope they tone down the sonic screwdriver usage in the new season. It is handwavium to a degree where it has taken a physical shape, and should therefore be used in a very limited fashion (anything else is LAZY PLOT WRITING!). And it should not be unreasonably powerful like Tennant's screwdriver that could without a doubt make a toaster sprout legs and shoot frickin' lasers even though a toaster doesn't even begin to have the appropriate components to do that.

And it does indeed appear they have fixed some of the flaws in David Tennant's reign of emo in the new series: I approve!

Though the last 20-or-so minutes of the episode felt very tacked on afterhand, like they wrote a full episode and then changed their mind halfway into production and added more scenes.
    Last edited by Eris; 04-03-2010 at 05:52 PM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Cancer Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2011 05:33 AM
    Threads

Cant say i have a proper opinion of the series yet- i think the fact that everything changed was too much to get over in the hour and 5 minutes that was shown yesterday [or maybe id just been far too used to Russell T Davis as Head Writer, although im sort of thankful Moffat is leading it now...]

I kinda liked the episode itself- even though it was just over an hour, i didnt get bored and thought it introduced the new Doctor and assistant as well as it could do really! I hope that the over use of prosthetics have been cut, since some of the aliens in the specials/previous series had gotten somewhat beyond reason... I also think the series has the potential now to go back to how it used to be and actually being able to travel around space/time and having an intergalactic crisis without getting excessively emotional in every episode... the fact that the first 2 assistants of the revived series were in love with the Doctor didnt really do it for me, and with some luck, it wont happen between these two! Im all for an emotional series, but at the same time i dont want to see it turn into a bad soap opera either... The future episodes also looked intriguing from the preview- they seem to give the impression of darker plotlines which i look forward to immensely!

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Hot crispy Jesus on toast! Now I know what I'm going to avoid watcing all my life.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Kawaiislice Alice Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2024 04:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i'm so sad the docter changed appearance... he used to be all cool and stuf... now he's... dumb. >_>

Eumorpha fasciata. MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2010 07:40 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1161-7211-1531

I haven't seen it yet... but oh man... the new Doctor's face reminds me of what'shisface from that movie Mask with Cher in it... you know. The son with the skull deformity. Yeah, him.
    Slit your wrists and worship Keroppi.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2010 09:49 PM
    Threads

Im looking forward to the new season. Apparently from what ive i heard is that Matt Smith's doctor has a darker side to him. I hope we get to see more daleks, just wont be the same without them making an appearence.

~Thanks to Paprika for the awesome sig. ~

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tenzo_groupie View Post
    Im looking forward to the new season. Apparently from what ive i heard is that Matt Smith's doctor has a darker side to him. I hope we get to see more daleks, just wont be the same without them making an appearence.
    The writers are idiots. There are, as I've ranted about before, many problems with the new doctor who episodes. But the biggest problem is that he has become some sort of god among men. There is nothing he can't do, and he has no peers that are even near his level. And whenever a villain comes around to take him down a peg, not only does he defeat it, he defeats it so hard that it's obliterated from existence, but just before that, he stomps on it, sets it on fire, and destroys it some more for good measure. Soap-operas can get away with reviving someone after a defeat like that, but anyone even pretending to be a reasonable writer should know not to utterly annihilate a character you intend to bring back later.

Not only does the doctor need a proper antagonist (like the master, ... and I mean, , not the blond git who replaced him), the Daleks or the Cybermen. And they need to be able to defeat him once in a while.

Furthermore, he needs friends who are on his level. Bring back Romana, I say! In the end, what he really needs is some limitations and failings, like he used to have. And no, being emo is not the sort of failing I'm referring to.

Right now, since he has no real peers, he's like a 25 year old still in kindergarten, basking in how superior he is to the stupid 5 year olds.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Eris, I can see the point that u are making.
    I should have mentioned earlier that I'm a worried that the plots are going to lose it. I also agree with you that the writers have made it out as the Doctor being all godly like and no-one can beat him. His character needs a proper antagonist. I still think it won't be the same if Daleks and Cybermen aren't involved.
    Perhaps the writers are running out of ideas.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tenzo_groupie View Post
    Eris, I can see the point that u are making.
    I should have mentioned earlier that I'm a worried that the plots are going to lose it. I also agree with you that the writers have made it out as the Doctor being all godly like and no-one can beat him. His character needs a proper antagonist. I still think it won't be the same if Daleks and Cybermen aren't involved.
    Perhaps the writers are running out of ideas.
    The Daleks and Cybermen need to return, and be allowed to escape into the wild so to speak, to sow the seed for future adventures.

The show has been running for over 750 episodes. It's not like there's a shortage of villains to revive. Personally, I'd want to see a modern take on the Zygons, or another auton story. And it's downright plausible for The Rani to have survived, so why not bring her back?

Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You're right Eris, there is definitely is a never ending supply of villians for the Doctor to fight. I would like to see The Master again and The Rani...
    I do like your idea of a modern take on the Zygons, now that would be interesting.

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I resurrect this thread from page 10! I couldn't resist with that last episode especially as it goes with the villain discussion earlier.

Ok, so the Dr. claimed that he was the Dream Lord all along but then we see the refection at the end and he was dressed exactly as the Dr. Do you think the Dream Lord could be Valeyard? If so it would be pretty awesome especially as we are coming up to the 12th regeneration. Any one else have thoughts on this?

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i must have been away when this thread was new, I thought it wasn't bad but nothing special. The new doctor will NEVER be able to match Christopher Ecclestone for coolness.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Though, the character really isn't about coolness. Eccleston was doing it wrong.

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Eccleston was still the best, the new guy looks kinda gay

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GAZKUL View Post
    Eccleston was still the best, the new guy looks kinda gay
    Eccleston can't hold a candle to Pertwee and Tom Baker.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think this thread should be about claiming the Doctor's name is actually Dr. Who to hurt Eris' soul.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-1969 07:00 PM
    Threads

Ah! Doctor Who thread = <3 c:

Hmm, as for the new season, I'm iffy on it so far. A lot of the CGI has been really, really terrible, specially in the Vampires of Venice, since some parts were obviously greenscreened. Matt Smith's acting has been okay, it's actually refreshing to have someone who isn't Tennant - though Tennant was great, and a brilliant actor, even I admit he was overrated and the fans who baww about him being gone need to realize he wasn't the only Doctor, there's been good and bad before him too - but his acting has been mediocre at most points. I think the Weeping Angels episodes were his strongpoints, as he seemed to have more depth there, but the others seem almost forced. He's a lot angier, I've noticed, it's almost like he's channeling Eccleston, who was also a very angry Doctor. Amy is great, she's gorgeous and fun to watch, and compared to the previous nu-Who companions, she's got more of an ability to tug on your heartstrings and a deep past. I like her a lot, though her acting is also a little iffy. Rory seems a little misplaced and his type of character is overdone - jealous boyfriend has been done before, a la Mickey.
    The writing for this series has been really up and down, though I think the recent episode with the Dreamlord was done pretty well. (: They could do with bringing back some old villains though...The Rani, please? Or a refreshing look on the Master? The Daleks just look like rainbow pepperpots made of plastic now... =A=; I miss the Cybermen, though surely there's plenty of old enemies to revive? Perhaps someone on par to the Doctor, or someone who ACTUALLY beats him for once? That, I'd like to see.

(: hurr, i like it so far though.

Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Ok I enjoyed that last episode. Not great plot wise or at least not handled very well. Good comedy though.

I think the idea of having an evil Tardis was very much wasted, looking back I'm not even sure it was an evil Tardis
    I much preferred last weeks episode with Van Gough. My favourite so far though has to be the Amy's Choice episode.
    Can wait for the finale(link in my sig for preview). Any theories to what or who is the BBEG?
    Also, and I can't confirm this, but supposedly

Rory will return as a centurion next week

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It was no evil Tardis. That "building a Tardis"-thing was just a working hypothesis.

... and yeah, the finale. I'm stoked.

Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

>mfw I knew who would be in the pandorica >: D
    >mfw the ending of the episode ( ._.)
    >mfw there was no preview for next week D:<

Any way I enjoyed it.

I've no idea how the doc is gunna come back from this one. Maybe Rory saves the day? ARGH! I can't wait another week to find out :'(

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I am waiting for the next episode to be available (I watch them on Comcast's On Demand BBC America service.) Unfortunately, I don't get the actual BBC channel, so i'm way far behind. =[

So far, the only episodes (on the service) of the new season have been episodes 4~8 ... I find it really odd they didn't start from the first episode, but, that's all i've seen of it so far. The last episode was "The Hungry Earth" Part 1. I'm waiting for part 2.

I love Matt Smith as the new doctor, though.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Eh. I'm in half minds about that last episode. I think I'll need to watch it again to fully make up my mind. There was some very dubious writing.

Amy wishing the Doc back into existence :P

But there were some pretty cool moments as well,

nearly all held by Rory and River.

Also that dance 0.o

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Overall, it's one of the better season finales in the series reboot, I think.

Plenty of time-travel logic that wasn't just dismissed as "timey-wimey" but explored in fullness.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The last episode I watched last night, was the second part of "The Hungry Earth".

All I have to say is:

Rory ;_____;

Thread Information