AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is a long distance relationship possible?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course. Love isn't all about physical contact.

28 56.00%
  • No. It just wouldn't work out.

13 26.00%
  • I have no opinion honestly.

9 18.00%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Long distance relationships

Junior Member MrJunge is a jewel in the rough MrJunge is a jewel in the rough MrJunge is a jewel in the rough MrJunge's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-02-2010 12:09 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

I've had LDR for about 3 years. Or more like 2-years-and-a-half. It is stressful, it is heart-wrenching, but as I always say, love is struggle. When you love a person, you're determined to go beyond or past the hurdle of hurt. My relationship actually suffered a break-up during a summer vacation, but eventually we got back together. It also really depends on the circumstance. When you notice that in real life you've got no one to look forward to, you really start to see how much value your relationship actually has, despite being long-distance. My mode of thought is this: enjoy it while it lasts, while looking forward to it lasting. Why break-up because, I dunno, it might in some remote distant future not work out? To me it makes no sense to break-up because you fear a potential or eventual break-up. You're doing what you fear out of fear of it happening? So, really, LDR is difficult, but if you like a person, stick wit' it, regardless of the proximity or medium of communication. Unless you don't really care about the person herself or himself, or are overly concerned about tactile rather than textual, visual, or verbal communication instead of appreciating the fact that they are even present in your life and their wonderful personality (that comes through regardless of the type of communication).
    Last edited by MrJunge; 04-07-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Love is love it dose not matter how far apart you and your lover are from each other. It is still love nonetheless.
    Gero Server Guru

Junior Member Tanenr Redday is on a distinguished road Tanenr Redday's Avatar
    Gil
    Festive
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2012 08:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

iknow what u mean

Lord Vincent
    Your Guardian Angel

Almost Infamous[♥] DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman has a reputation beyond repute DarkPrinceBman's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Fine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2011 12:52 PM
    Threads

I am in complete agreance with those that say, that difficulties will arise. Yet being in one for two years there is also a bond that is reached that we wouldn't have gained unless being in a long distant relationship. Mainly a rule to go by is that if you and your partner find it challenging to speak to eachother about meaningful things, then a long distant relationship won't go well. Though I don't believe that a long distance relationship can last much longer than a few years, and even more likely to fail if the ratio to time together and time apart is completely sided to time apart.

For our relationship the distance is a challenge that we have met and over-came. Realizing that the "seperate" lives we lead, are only for a moment. Strengthening our bond even more actually.

[ True*Poet ]

Closed Thread

Thread Information