AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about the other series

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 07:58 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Question about the other series

Hey everybody,

I finished watching Lelouch of Rebellion and R2 some time ago, and I was wondering about the other series that people talk about (Nightmare of Nunnally, etc..)

How many other series of Code Geass exist? And do they have to be watched in a certain order? And which one is the best? (Or which one should I watch first?)

Cardinal of Eden Vital Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2011 06:18 PM
    Threads

Besides R1 and R2
    I know of Nightmare of Nunnally.
    Suzaku of the Counterattack
    Tales of an Alternate Shogunate
    Renya of the Blackness(Not released yet.)
    And the official manga of Lelouch of the Rebellion.
    Lost Colors(Game)

Besides the two animes, there's not specific order to view them. I suggest Nightmare of Nunnally first because it was my favorite(it's where I got my screen name)
    Alot of them are hard to find with English translations.

I have recently transformed into a defender of the mentally ill. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 04:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by akuNoHikari View Post
    Hey everybody,

I finished watching Lelouch of Rebellion and R2 some time ago, and I was wondering about the other series that people talk about (Nightmare of Nunnally, etc..)

How many other series of Code Geass exist? And do they have to be watched in a certain order? And which one is the best? (Or which one should I watch first?)
    Well, there are no other animated series of Code Geass. So far, we only have R1 and R2.

When it comes to manga and other stories, Rolo Vi Britannia covered it. The only thing I would add would be the Code Geass light novels. Some of them just cover the series (like Entrance, Knight, Shadow, etc) while others (e.g Red Tracks) deal with the events that occurred before the start of the series.

The different Code Geass manga do not have to be read in any particular order. Nightmare of Nunnally is the best one so far, although, for the sake of simplicity, I would recommend reading Suzaku of the Counterattack first, simply because it came before Nightmare of Nunnally.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

みんなで歌おうよ!
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 07:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Well, thanks for the answers.

桜流し
    Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Hello Kitty Neko Tv Bonsai Tree
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2014 01:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aozorapen

Other than those, there's also 1.Code Geass Knight (for girls) and 2.Code Geass Queen (for guys). Both mangas are a series of short comics.
    Then there's: 3. Chibi Code Geass. A humorous take on Code Geass, drawn in chibi.

I realized that the mangas (NoN, Suzaku of the Counterattack) mostly start out the same way.

「そんな顔をしないで。また会えるよ、シンジ君」
    ---

もう二度と会えないなんて信じられない
    まだ何も伝えてない
    まだ何も伝えてない

I'm sorry (not) sorry.

Cardinal of Eden Vital Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I was wondering about Knight and Queen. Are they like yaoi and yuri, because they look like it.

I have recently transformed into a defender of the mentally ill. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

桜流し
    Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

The covers look like it...from what I've read they're more to the humorous side, and not really yaoi or yuri either. Maybe just the slightest hints, for example C.C. and Kallen get into a really awkward situation or something like that. I don't have my manga with me, so I can't provide more accurate descriptions...
    Last edited by Rei; 03-31-2010 at 10:20 PM.

「そんな顔をしないで。また会えるよ、シンジ君」
    ---

もう二度と会えないなんて信じられない
    まだ何も伝えてない
    まだ何も伝えてない

I'm sorry (not) sorry.

Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Okay, then I'll check them out.
    Last edited by Rolo Vi Britannia; 04-01-2010 at 07:27 AM.

桜流し
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Chibi really is quite funny though.

「そんな顔をしないで。また会えるよ、シンジ君」
    ---

もう二度と会えないなんて信じられない
    まだ何も伝えてない
    まだ何も伝えてない

I'm sorry (not) sorry.