AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Thread: How do you watch a movie?

Threaded View

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default How do you watch a movie?

Do you analyze the movie you're watching or simply turn your brain off and enjoy it for what it is?

I tend to analyze my movies way too much. I'm perfectly comfortable with absurd things being put in movies, as long as they follow the rules of their own world. I tend to despise the "Judd Apatow film" where it's a couple of teenagers being crazy man-children being forced to grow up or just be immature for the rest of their lives. One of the main reasons I was so turned off by Zombieland was the fact that they wanted to make that white kid into another Michael Cera: skinny, awkward, and socially inept. People tell me "why can't you just enjoy the movie". I simply can't do that. I love garbage movies like Borat and The 40 Year Old Virgin (even though this was directed by Judd Apatow. The only good movie he ever did in my opinion) because they were simply entertaining. They didn't try to do anything other than absurd, shocking humor.
    Last edited by Eris; 03-27-2010 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Language...

Thread Information