AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom of the Geek

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Default Kingdom of the Geek

Figured I'd throw my hat into the ring with my latest sig.

I figure the right side could use some work and maybe a different color for the border. Open to C&C. I will edit the sig with any suggestions. EDIT:Version 2

Last edited by GameGeeks; 03-26-2010 at 10:54 PM.

2. Dislikes WBL Studios disliked this post
    97,000?! bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2010 12:10 AM
    Threads

i do not get your figurative language, but on to the sig:
    the text is hard to read,try a diff font and color.
    also, the sig is pretty big o.o
    usually mine average around 400x200, and i sometimes go a bit bigger..
    blending looks half done, on the right side it doesnt look good.
    also.. just a rule of thumb! never put stuff on your render's face!
    otherwise, it's good and i like the color and the render used
    hope to see more!

{}

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

The size is due to a physical issue with my hands so I work on a big canvas. Besides I can always shrink as needed. I just did version two and things like the text are easier to read. And what do you mean by the blending looks half done? And as far as I can tell I don't have anything on his face. Version 2 is added to the first post. Figured I'd keep all images in the same spot.

97,000?! bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

what i meant by half done is that on the left side, things look okay, but on the right side, i saw white brushing just placed and it didnt look well.

on v2, the flow isnt very good, since the image is so big and the c4d is just.. there. do you know what i mean? try resizing your canvas, and for borders, don't use dark colors with a light signature and try not to brush over the render
    oh btw! which program do you use?
    (and sorry if im blunt but i figure i'd rather save my time and yours and just tell you straight-out.)

{}

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Blunt is fine, I actually like blunt. And I use Photoshop CS4. Thanks for the suggestions so far. Also, the darkness comes from the stock itself. I never put down any brush strokes save for a 300 soft brush just above the head for a light source. EDIT: Think I'm having trouble trying to figure out what to do on the right side of the sig.

Last edited by GameGeeks; 03-27-2010 at 01:11 AM.

boopaloop! Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:59 PM
    Threads

your signature come's to see my eye out, ok..know for your latest sig
    i like the sig on how you smudge it but somehow you over do it, i like the
    text too but im not pro in it using dodge tool and burn tool are useful
    in making a right flow but instead of that your signature is saturated;its good
    to see that you have a light source at the top. blur tool are good at the bottomi, you got a big problem at the flow . using a raw c4d at the right corner of your signature.
    i can quite see some c4d at the hand and its good in flow. too empty x)
    Last edited by Tranquiose; 03-27-2010 at 07:32 AM.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I'm using the burn tool for depth. Hope I didn't over do the smudging this time. I ditched my name in this last one since I couldn't find a color that went with the colors in the sig that would be legible.<br><br>

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

the sig still seems empty and its offbalanced to me.
    centering the focal is usually a cure for that.

{}

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I figured it best to follow the rules of thirds. Though it is a bit off for that too.

Forever Shattered Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2010 09:09 AM
    Threads

I like it a lot! ^^ Though the sizing is a bit big, but that can be improved on.(:
    Legit, the best signature by: Kirako Shima <3
    "Maybe if my heart stops beating
    it wont hurt this much
    and never will I have to
    answer again to anyone"

boopaloop! Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hmm..The Strings of the c4d at the right aren't what i told you..using
    this kind of c4d

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

There's only one C4D in that one. The over smudge one originaly had one similar to that but I ended up smudging it out. I'll give it another shot when I open photoshop up again which will probably be tomorrow. And thanks Rull.

boopaloop! UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2013 10:39 AM
    Trying to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
    Threads

kids, keep the chatter to a minimum please. We want to keep these threads looking clean, now don't we?

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Here's my latest creation. Again, C&C welcomed along with suggestions for text.

EDIT: Burned the background a bit for depth.

Last edited by GameGeeks; 04-06-2010 at 07:07 PM.

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

I think when it comes to depth, blurring helps more than burning. I think it's a bit too big for me though D: Only think I can really point out is that the right side looks really blank.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, I know it is, I just couldn't find a good c4d to go with it and I hate putting renders in the center. And like I said, size is due to my hands. I do plan to shrink the ones I plan to actually use.

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

They look very nice though they are kinda big though. That is the only thing I see that may need improvement. You know me and I enjoy a big colorful image as much as the next guy but I always like sigs to be no bigger then 500 by 200 and even that is pushing it a bit.
    Gero Server Guru

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

There I shrunk it so you guys would stop nagging about the size. >.< I lobbed 150 pixels from the height and 60 from the width. I'd like to point out that I created it at the same size as my previous sigs, 600x257. I've never done something like this before so C&C not only welcomed but desired.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Version 2 of the previous sig. First time using a wire frame. So any suggestions on how to improve my usage of them would be appreciated. I also changed the text for smoke to make it easier to read. Couldn't find the text I wanted but I don't think what I ended up with is too bad. Again C&C wanted.

Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

hm...you clipped the wireframe in the c4d? i just like the flow coming from the bottom right..i don't know with the color of your sig...cause it looks like..a yellow and black gradient and set it to luminosity...but anyways great job..

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

That yellow is from the c4d, only lighten outside of a white brush set to soft light over the length of the back and on the leg is a black and white gradient map. And sorry if I used the wire frame wrong. Any tips in that area would be welcomed. Like I said, first time using one.

Get off mah lawn! Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2014 07:39 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BettyRuthless

Depends with what kind of effect you want. Wireframe looks best on grayscale or black and white vector signatures, but you can pretty much use a wire frame however you want really, as long as it looks good. haha.
    The way you have used it on your signature up there looks fine, But its just a bit too much of the wire frame in the signature, it kind of ruins the C4D a bit. Maybe if you just erase parts of it on some of the C4D, I'd suggest keeping it on the C4D in front of her, but erase a bit on the part next to her on the right. Maybe just erase it so it fades out, not just a clean cut. But I really don't know. Just fiddle around with it. Possibilities are literally endless.

But yeah good work. :3

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

First, the late thanks for the advice Dottie.. Second I don't even know why I'm posting this next one since I think it turned out looking like crap so I didn't even bother with text and a boarder.

Last edited by GameGeeks; 04-29-2010 at 10:19 AM.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Favorite Bioshock Syringe Bioshock Eve
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2019 06:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aozorapen

I think it's nice. o_O Just that the background on the left hand side looks, well, doesn't match well with the right side.

できねぇ時?
    そん時ゃ諸共心中だよ

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I actually used a rose for the background, hence the black spots. Probably could have adjusted it better, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information