AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new to anime. any suggestions

Junior Member williamn2c is on a distinguished road williamn2c's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2010 07:13 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default new to anime. any suggestions

i'm looking for some anime to get into. i'm a pretty big into old school dungeons and dragons type games.

Junior Member Apachai Hopachai has much to be proud of Apachai Hopachai has much to be proud of Apachai Hopachai has much to be proud of Apachai Hopachai has much to be proud of Apachai Hopachai has much to be proud of Apachai Hopachai has much to be proud of Apachai Hopachai has much to be proud of Apachai Hopachai has much to be proud of Apachai Hopachai has much to be proud of Apachai Hopachai has much to be proud of Apachai Hopachai's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2010 05:50 PM
    Threads

Try out any of these: Rurouni Kenshin, Soul Eater, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Gun and Sword, Samurai Champloo and Samurai 7.
    Last edited by Apachai Hopachai; 03-28-2010 at 01:27 AM.

Current Videogames: Bayonetta, FFXIII, League of Legends, World of Warcraft.
    Current Animes: FLCL, Planning on Rewatching Trigun soon.
    Current Manga: Prince of Tennis, Hikaru No Go.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 08:34 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

It's History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. If you're into D&D, you'll like Fushigi Yuugi, Fantastic Children and .Hack//SIGN. This is counting on the fact you're more into stories then just the action.

Junior Member Apachai Hopachai has much to be proud of Apachai Hopachai has much to be proud of Apachai Hopachai has much to be proud of Apachai Hopachai has much to be proud of Apachai Hopachai has much to be proud of Apachai Hopachai has much to be proud of Apachai Hopachai has much to be proud of Apachai Hopachai has much to be proud of Apachai Hopachai has much to be proud of Apachai Hopachai has much to be proud of Apachai Hopachai's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2010 05:50 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    It's History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi.
    Kay I'll edit it, haven't watched the show for ages so I just Googled it and used the first thing that came up.

Current Videogames: Bayonetta, FFXIII, League of Legends, World of Warcraft.
    Current Animes: FLCL, Planning on Rewatching Trigun soon.
    Current Manga: Prince of Tennis, Hikaru No Go.

Junior Member Fegman is on a distinguished road Fegman's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2010 07:38 AM
    Threads

Naruto, Bleach, Yu Yu Hakusho, Gunsword, Gungrave, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and ichiban Ushiro no Daimao.

Member Vitaminpop has a reputation beyond repute Vitaminpop has a reputation beyond repute Vitaminpop has a reputation beyond repute Vitaminpop has a reputation beyond repute Vitaminpop has a reputation beyond repute Vitaminpop has a reputation beyond repute Vitaminpop has a reputation beyond repute Vitaminpop has a reputation beyond repute Vitaminpop has a reputation beyond repute Vitaminpop has a reputation beyond repute Vitaminpop has a reputation beyond repute Vitaminpop's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2010 01:47 AM
    Threads

Naruto - ninjas world!

Inuyasha - classic feudal Japan anime!

Samurai Champloo!

Rurouni Kenshin!

Princess Mononoke - yet another classic!

Senior Member Orenjia has a reputation beyond repute Orenjia has a reputation beyond repute Orenjia has a reputation beyond repute Orenjia has a reputation beyond repute Orenjia has a reputation beyond repute Orenjia has a reputation beyond repute Orenjia has a reputation beyond repute Orenjia has a reputation beyond repute Orenjia has a reputation beyond repute Orenjia has a reputation beyond repute Orenjia has a reputation beyond repute Orenjia's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2010 11:58 AM
    Threads

you can always try Gintama!!(it has more calcium than the others)And ofc Inuyasha and Naruto are awesome too^^
    Last edited by Orenjia; 05-03-2010 at 11:49 AM.

Member vassock is infamous around these parts vassock is infamous around these parts vassock is infamous around these parts vassock is infamous around these parts vassock is infamous around these parts vassock is infamous around these parts vassock's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2011 09:51 PM
    Threads

I don't know about Kenshin. I found the story to be kind of long and not too exciting. I suppose the Shishio part is kind of good, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone new to anime. Not sure what you mean by D&D. That's a game. If you mean humans with swords vs. monsters, then try Berserk and Claymore.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-1969 07:00 PM
    Threads

Try "Sword Of The Stranger"...

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@Dark Indigo: Although, I didn't start this thread. Similarly to the original poster, William, I was also looking for an anime to get into, and I also like the realm of fantasy. I like themes that deal with journeys and lore, especially if they are set in a historical, or fantasy setting with mages, warriors, kings and etc. The suggestion of Sword of the stranger was right up my alley. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, and I have not seen the likes of this movie ever before. Thank you for this wonderful selection. I will have to add the DVD to my collection. Cheers!

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sword of the stranger is just masterpiece...
    I hope you like it...

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by williamn2c View Post
    i'm looking for some anime to get into. i'm a pretty big into old school dungeons and dragons type games.
    Oh my goodness, I think you would enjoy Record of Lodoss War.

AF's Cannibal (Forum Admin-ium) The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Ice Cream Kawaiislice Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2014 12:12 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I agree with Antre Istakis, Record of Lodoss War is a fine title to watch along with Claymore. If I recall,,, there might actually be two versions with the same title. Both are excellent if I recall,,,, but has been awhile. Myself, I haven't watched much of the fantasy/D&D-ish type stuff in awhile. Been watchin more of the drama type lately.

Playstation Network ID: animerebel

Creative mind Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2013 01:49 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Old school dungeons and dragons? I'm guessing you're referring to anime that go a bit back in time to the times where they fight with swords and stuff?

- Claymore
    - Tenkuu Senki Shurato
    - Fist of the North Star (although not in the past, it's definitely a watcher)
    - Berserk
    Not everything is black and white like that.

Senior Member Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Leo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2011 02:28 AM
    Threads

pretty much any .hack//

beserk....gah. Trying to remember a really good one. It involves the prince being the host of the water spirit said to cause droughts.

Sengoku Basara....
    Hmm...Can't suggest Persona trinity soul or TTGL.
    Tears to Tiara I guess.
    and princess monoke.

~The King has come! To save us from the dark, who could have ever doubt? We have faith~
    set done by Daken

AF's Cannibal (Forum Admin-ium) The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Ice Cream Kawaiislice Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2014 12:12 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyjavi87 View Post
    pretty much any .hack//

beserk....gah. Trying to remember a really good one. It involves the prince being the host of the water spirit said to cause droughts.
    OH, you thinkin of Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit. That is a very good one. Recently watched it all. And what makes it good is it is well balanced all the way thru. No LONG, or no-existant ending, just the right length one. Has some fight scenes, but isn't ALL fighting.
    For my shame of forgetting it, and Crazy's remembering it. I shall have to rep him.
    And the .hacks are good, I like them anyways, it does help to watch them in order since they do kinda run in a certaint order. I've gone as far as watchin the anime, play the game, then the next anime, then the next game. I'm big on order, lol.

Playstation Network ID: animerebel

Senior Member Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Leo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2011 02:28 AM
    Threads

Thank you rebel! For reminding me I shall rep you.

It was a really amazing anime based in a feudal era. Well balanced, and not too huge on the whole spirits part of it, and by that I mean everyone gets some kind of spirit power. And when there was fighting scenes, the fighting scenes were so wonderfully done and moved with such fluidity that I thought it was by-far one of the best examples of animation.

~The King has come! To save us from the dark, who could have ever doubt? We have faith~
    set done by Daken

Junior Member Terry L Raimey is on a distinguished road Terry L Raimey's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-27-2010 01:29 AM
    Threads

Stick with the classics man, Dragon Ball Z and Rurouni Kenshin. Plenty of action to keep you entertained. If you're into comedy, check out GTO. Cowboy Bebop is cool too. Since you're into the Dungeons and Dragons stuff, Yugi-Oh! and Digi-mon might interest you also.

Member Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun has a reputation beyond repute Pun's Avatar
    Gil
    Grumpy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2010 07:48 PM
    Threads

Try Death note. It's awesome (imo).

You can also try: Soul eater, Naruto, Bleach or Elfen lied.

All enjoyable.

Junior Member MazeinMe is on a distinguished road MazeinMe's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2010 03:54 PM
    Threads

Default Re: new to anime. any suggestions

The most obvious choice [what i think] would be ... wait for it.........
    NARUTO!!!!

http://anime-wallpapers.com/naruto/n...ailed-fox.html

sorry if my picture doesn't work . . .
    [CENTER]
    <3
    This Is The Maze That Has Been Slowly And Harshly Carved Into My Heart,
    The Maze That No One But The One True Love Can Find Their Way Into It,
    But No One Else Can Understand,
    And I Am Always Alone,
    Until My Love Comes To Find Me,
    I Will Be Waiting Like A Ninja,
    Unseen, Silent, And DEADLY
    =^.^=

Story Of My Life .
    ~MazeinMe

Senior Member The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Heart 172 - Pichu Popsicle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2011 10:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

How about Hellsing, Bleach, Naruto, Samerai 7

I Love Being Visual Kei No Matter The Mood, Place or Time I Rock The Style Any day

Junior Member dankiely is on a distinguished road dankiely's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-06-2011 08:25 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Indigo View Post
    Try "Sword Of The Stranger"...
    yes! this movie was great. got the blu-ray and loved it.

Back With a Vengeance Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva's Avatar
    Gil
    Flirty
    Gifts Luna Cheshire Cat Bonsai Tree
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2015 08:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by williamn2c View Post
    Hmmm... Magic Knight Rayearth.

Live Fast. Die Young. Be Wild. Have fun.
    -LDR

Junior Member cloaked is on a distinguished road cloaked's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2010 09:44 AM
    Threads

I'd suggest cowboy bebop as well, made by some of the same hands as samurai champloo. Evangelion is still popular in Japan after sooo many years too.

Member Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2010 06:34 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Marius56789

If you want a D&D like fantasy setting then go with Escaflowne, Tsubasa Chronicles, Berserk or Bleach . There are many others but these were the first to come to mind.
    Last edited by Marius2000; 09-04-2010 at 10:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information