AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hearts 3 after FFVersusXIII

boopaloop! BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2010 07:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by silverwings1415 View Post
    I wouldn't say comapnies are afraid to try anything new. Nintendo gave Metroid to Retro Studios and look what happened. We got the awesome Prime series. Now they're giving the series to Tecmo with Another M.
    Nice example!

Nintendo took something that was familiar like "Metroid", but turned it into something "new" by turning a side-scrolling platforming adventure game, into a first person shooter adventure game. I enjoyed Metroid Prime, even the second one... got a bit redundant with the third... and now I'm wondering what's going on with Metroid Other M...

Kingdom Hearts is the same game, with the same mechanics. Very little is done to add anything new, but try make up for this by adding extremely odd mini-games and say "NEW CONTENT!" when there's nothing really substantially new at all.

SE tried other things, The Last Remnant, and they weren't that great.
    That's their fault, just because it's new doesn't mean it's good. One time Squaresoft tried something different from their Final Fantasy route... came up with Chrono Trigger. I don't have to tell anyone how much of a good idea that was...

The established works better for some reason and it's not because of a name.
    Actually, I think the name plays a big part in established works... I mean, why did Squaresoft start the Final Fantasy franchise if each game was different from the previous one? Because a recongised name from a previous success is able to sell more, that's why.

Do you think that there aren't risks for producing any game?
    Of course there are risks. But so far the game companies think we're retards who react poorly to new ideas and want only remakes and sequels. Unfortunately, it seems they're mostly right.

The sequel to KH is a lot different than KH 1. The combat was overhauled and the story started with a character nobody knew about. BIG risk.
    The combat was very similar to the first game, with a few added moves here and there. To say "overhauled" would suggest going from "Attack/block" to "Ninja Gaiden battle controls", which isn't the case.

Also, they started with a new character, zomg! What a risk! I wonder how Final Fantasy VIII ever survived when Squall appeared instead of Cloud! Also note the new character was in the introduction, before playing the entire game as Good ol' happy go lucky Sora.

New is hard to create.
    True, but remember that it's us who pay the money for their product. It'd be nice to know my money went towards a project that was difficult, but rewarding in the end... not just some game they whiped together in a 5 minute meeting.

I don't think companies should depend on their franchises as much as they do,
    True dat...

but wouldn't you be disappointed too if your new game that has nothing to do with your best series got an average review and below average sales?
    Well it severely depends. If their new game was bad, then it deserves to do poorly. If it's average, then no one should expect great sales... However, make an excellent game and surprise the hell out of people, then all their money are belong to us.
    THIS IS MY SIGNATURE!!!
    LOL

Member Knight Marcus Flint has a reputation beyond repute Knight Marcus Flint has a reputation beyond repute Knight Marcus Flint has a reputation beyond repute Knight Marcus Flint has a reputation beyond repute Knight Marcus Flint has a reputation beyond repute Knight Marcus Flint has a reputation beyond repute Knight Marcus Flint has a reputation beyond repute Knight Marcus Flint has a reputation beyond repute Knight Marcus Flint has a reputation beyond repute Knight Marcus Flint has a reputation beyond repute Knight Marcus Flint has a reputation beyond repute Knight Marcus Flint's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2010 06:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by RefrainCodeAbridged View Post
    I don't think "milked" is the right word for Kingdom Hearts. "Milked" is for something tiring, bad, or too repetitive. Compare how many people buy and enjoy kingdom hearts to halo fans. Square Enix isn't "milking" KH, they're just trying to make money by adding to the series, in which the fans appreciate. If you can call Kingdom Hearts milked, can you call Final Fantasy milked? Can you call Halo milked? (besides, Kingdom Hearts has only had 5 or 6 games with a couple remakes) Can you call any game with a large series "milked"?
    Yes! That is so true! If people love the game then it's not being milked, just added on. I remember Metal Gear Solid was going to end with the 3rd(or 4th excluding remake's) but a lot of people threatened to kill the guy behind MG. o.o So he made the next one. And now it belong's to someone else.
    If KH just stopped making game's then I'm sure the fan's would cry and it would be a very bad look for Squarenix and anything else that helped make KH.
    So it's not being milked, it's just that the people who don't like KH think's that it is because they don't like the game. : \ And that's not cool. I don't like the game that much but I can give credit when credit is due.
    @}}---;--'- A rose for my love.

Junior Member RefrainCodeAbridged has a reputation beyond repute RefrainCodeAbridged has a reputation beyond repute RefrainCodeAbridged has a reputation beyond repute RefrainCodeAbridged has a reputation beyond repute RefrainCodeAbridged has a reputation beyond repute RefrainCodeAbridged has a reputation beyond repute RefrainCodeAbridged has a reputation beyond repute RefrainCodeAbridged has a reputation beyond repute RefrainCodeAbridged has a reputation beyond repute RefrainCodeAbridged has a reputation beyond repute RefrainCodeAbridged has a reputation beyond repute RefrainCodeAbridged's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2010 09:09 AM
    Threads

Lol yaaaay, an agreement! ^ -^
    I need someone awesome to rp with here, http://codegeass/us/forum/!

CODE ABRIDGED IS THE BEST ABRIDGED ON YOUTUBE!!! xD
    Sorry, just fangirling overe here~ ^ -^

boopaloop! BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Marcus Flint View Post
    Yes! That is so true! If people love the game then it's not being milked, just added on.
    So by that logic, if people still buy it then it's not being milked.

First thing's first... the series wouldn't be milked if there was no interest in it what so ever. If KH made no money, then I doubt we'd be seeing any more games of it. Since it is making money, that's the reason we see more games, because it's an easy paycheck for SE employees without thinking too hard on original content.

I remember Metal Gear Solid was going to end with the 3rd(or 4th excluding remake's) but a lot of people threatened to kill the guy behind MG. o.o So he made the next one. And now it belong's to someone else.
    Sending death threats because a videogame series ends is one of the most retarded things I've ever heard... but somehow I have the feeling you think it's Metal Gear's director's fault for stopping his project. How dare he end his project where he planned to end it, we must kill him!!

If KH just stopped making game's then I'm sure the fan's would cry and it would be a very bad look for Squarenix and anything else that helped make KH.
    No, it'd just make the fans look like brats who just found out Santa doesn't exist.

So it's not being milked
    Based off the logic of people who cry and want people dead for not making a videogame... right...

it's just that the people who don't like KH think's that it is because they don't like the game. : \ And that's not cool.
    Not true...

I'm a fan of the Prince of Persia series, but I realise that it's milked.
    I'm a general fan of the Final Fantasy series, but I realise that it's milked (espectially FF VII).
    I enjoy the Halo series, but I totally realise that it's also being milked.
    I enjoy the occasional Mario game, timeless classic.... but again, milked o' plenty.

If they stop making any of these series... you won't see me sending death threats or crying over spilt milk (pun intended).

I don't like the game that much but I can give credit when credit is due.
    Good for you...
    THIS IS MY SIGNATURE!!!
    LOL

angel in flight poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2010 06:40 PM
    Threads

Unfortunately, like Knight Marcus Flint said, fans would cry and bawl if SE ended the series, I don't know... Tomorrow. And the last title is BBS. Not everyone is willing to accept the death of a series, and it would be bad business for Square Enix. I'm sure the psycho fanbase doesn't make up that much of the fans (maybe it does and I'm just saying that to make myself feel better about this post), but still. Let's also not forget that Disney also owns KH. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors.

"Thinking of you, where ever you are..."
    Sig by me

Junior Member RefrainCodeAbridged has a reputation beyond repute RefrainCodeAbridged has a reputation beyond repute RefrainCodeAbridged has a reputation beyond repute RefrainCodeAbridged has a reputation beyond repute RefrainCodeAbridged has a reputation beyond repute RefrainCodeAbridged has a reputation beyond repute RefrainCodeAbridged has a reputation beyond repute RefrainCodeAbridged has a reputation beyond repute RefrainCodeAbridged has a reputation beyond repute RefrainCodeAbridged has a reputation beyond repute RefrainCodeAbridged has a reputation beyond repute RefrainCodeAbridged's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2010 09:09 AM
    Threads

I still don't think milked is the right word. Serialization is a much prettier word ^ -^
    Well, I guess everyone just has different wording :o
    I need someone awesome to rp with here, http://codegeass/us/forum/!

CODE ABRIDGED IS THE BEST ABRIDGED ON YOUTUBE!!! xD
    Sorry, just fangirling overe here~ ^ -^

Member orin25 has a reputation beyond repute orin25 has a reputation beyond repute orin25 has a reputation beyond repute orin25 has a reputation beyond repute orin25 has a reputation beyond repute orin25 has a reputation beyond repute orin25 has a reputation beyond repute orin25 has a reputation beyond repute orin25 has a reputation beyond repute orin25 has a reputation beyond repute orin25 has a reputation beyond repute orin25's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2010 12:15 PM
    Threads

what tha heck are you talking about!? e_o if your so ubsessed with milk go to the grocery store and buy as many gallons of milk as you please and let people enjoy KHS as they please and if you say you dont mean anything bad towards the series then why do you even talk bad about it? keep it y=to yourself o_o or shove it thank you ^-^
    "In the end darkness always falls"

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by orin25 View Post
    what tha heck are you talking about!? e_o if your so ubsessed with milk go to the grocery store and buy as many gallons of milk as you please and let people enjoy KHS as they please and if you say you dont mean anything bad towards the series then why do you even talk bad about it? keep it y=to yourself o_o or shove it thank you ^-^
    Awwww....

But if I kept it to myself, then I wouldn't get to read fun little messages like the one you just posted!
    THIS IS MY SIGNATURE!!!
    LOL

Member orin25 has a reputation beyond repute orin25 has a reputation beyond repute orin25 has a reputation beyond repute orin25 has a reputation beyond repute orin25 has a reputation beyond repute orin25 has a reputation beyond repute orin25 has a reputation beyond repute orin25 has a reputation beyond repute orin25 has a reputation beyond repute orin25 has a reputation beyond repute orin25 has a reputation beyond repute orin25's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by BurntHouse View Post
    Awwww....

But if I kept it to myself, then I wouldn't get to read fun little messages like the one you just posted!
    ...I'll milk you! o_o

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Awwww....

I am surprised that you even understood that message, brah.

Really, I don't like members like him ruining a decent discussion with their gibberish.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by orin25
    ...I'll milk you! o_o
    Not only am I unable to produce natural milk... I'm under the impression that you're hitting on me now. You're not giving KH fans a good name...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Stone View Post

Really, I don't like members like him ruining a decent discussion with their gibberish.
    I'm able to understand gibberish quite well... at the same time I can speak it even better ;3
    THIS IS MY SIGNATURE!!!
    LOL

Member Knight Marcus Flint has a reputation beyond repute Knight Marcus Flint has a reputation beyond repute Knight Marcus Flint has a reputation beyond repute Knight Marcus Flint has a reputation beyond repute Knight Marcus Flint has a reputation beyond repute Knight Marcus Flint has a reputation beyond repute Knight Marcus Flint has a reputation beyond repute Knight Marcus Flint has a reputation beyond repute Knight Marcus Flint has a reputation beyond repute Knight Marcus Flint has a reputation beyond repute Knight Marcus Flint has a reputation beyond repute Knight Marcus Flint's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That is lame to send death threats. : O But there are weird people like that. lol I would cry if Metroid died. ;-; Maybe not Kingdom Heart's but it's still a pretty good game.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

...hey i was defending the name of KHS i should be commended to some point and it's not jibberish foo! o_o...I still say there should be a KHS movie I don't care what disney thinks

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Stone View Post

maybe i dont like members like you ruining discussions with your uptight personality ._., sorry i just get defensive easily that got me mad <_< i was just speaking the truth and if you don't like it well...I'm trying to be nice so I thank you for your insight o_o

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Not only am I unable to produce natural milk... I'm under the impression that you're hitting on me now. You're not giving KH fans a good name...

I'm able to understand gibberish quite well... at the same time I can speak it even better ;3
    /
    maybe i was just coming off to you? geez people lighten up =/

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

...hey i was defending the name of KHS i should be commended to some point and it's not jibberish foo! o_o...I still say there should be a KHS movie I don't care what disney thinks
    A movie? xD Well then. . . hmm. . . yea I could do it. Spike my hair a bit, shave and I could pull of the role of Sora. lol jk

I still think my favorite part about KH is the KHSF(look it up on Youtube). And my favorite part was when Riku and Sora are talking and it goes like this:
    Riku: I've got some bad news Sora, Kairi's(sorry if I spelled it wrong :P) pregnant.
    Sora: (Look on his face like "OMG!")
    Riku: And the baby's not yours! HAHA!
    Last edited by Knight Marcus Flint; 04-02-2010 at 07:30 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

XD there's this other hilarious one but i forget what it's called =/ but yeah I heard there was a possibility of a movie and a series but disney didn't like the Idea of the disney characters fighting o_o they already fought in the games so whats the big deal?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Idk but they said they would make movies of Halo but that never happened. : P
    lol It's more like only fan's will make a movie. I will! >: D Maybe. hahaha

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

there is a halo movie o_o they even have a preview for another one :o

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Naw they are just lies and previews for the games like Halo 3. Some people take that and call it the halo movie. : \

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Commended for making KH fans look retarded? I'm pretty sure that deserves quite the opposite...

maybe i dont like members like you ruining discussions with your uptight personality
    At least Blue Stone was able to contribute something to the conversation, you just basically told me to shut up. Your reasoning was because my opinion is different from yours... pretty stupid huh?

._., sorry i just get defensive easily that got me mad <_< i was just speaking the truth and if you don't like it well...
    There isn't exactly any "truth" to anything you say.

I'm trying to be nice so I thank you for your insight o_o
    Kinda already ruined it since you accused him of having an uptight personality...

maybe i was just coming off to you? geez people lighten up =/
    Lighten up? Take one's advice kiddo... actually scratch that, since you're easy to upset, I'd like to see what other garbage you'll say ;3
    THIS IS MY SIGNATURE!!!
    LOL

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Commended for making KH fans look retarded? I'm pretty sure that deserves quite the opposite...
    you know there are real mentally unstable people out there o_o it would be nice if you didn't use that as an insult thank you >_>

At least Blue Stone was able to contribute something to the conversation, you just basically told me to shut up. Your reasoning was because my opinion is different from yours... pretty stupid huh?
    well unless I am the boss of you and control your very action to do so then that shouldn't matter to you should it? people get told shut up so get over it :]

first of all your not that smart Dr. Phil so don't act like it ^^, second I was just giving my oppinion not a very nice one but no one said i was nice and third I really do think blu stone has an uptight personality from what I can tell from his last post :o it may be true that I don't know him personaly but doesn't mean I can't have my opinion of them I even apologized :o

Kinda already ruined it since you accused him of having an uptight personality...

Lighten up? Take one's advice kiddo... actually scratch that, since you're easy to upset, I'd like to see what other garbage you'll say ;3
    yes lighten up ^^ I was being random then you guys wanted to be so...strict? e_o Idk :P

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

First of all I apalogized ^^ second of all unless I control every sinle action of Blue stone telling him to shut up shouldn't matter should it? and I'd appreciated if you didn't use retarted as an insult :]. like everyone here I provided my opinion it might have sounded rude but no on said I was nice 24/7 <_<

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

no I mean there really is a Halo movie out o_o but it's animated

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yes lighten up ^^ I was being random then you guys wanted to be so...strict? e_o Idk :P
    I know right? lol And he's just uptight thinking that a good game is just being milked. : P It must be good if it's doing so well so who care's if there is more or not? Well other then the fans of course. lol And if that's true what you say BurntHouse then everything with a sequel or more are being "milked" because you said that Halo, and even Mario are being milked. : \ It's for money but also for stuff like letting their creation out into the open world where all the people can enjoy it. ^w^ I do that with my writing. As long as people love it I don't care if I get money.
    And Orin, I don't think he really care's about your opinion or mine. And it's lame to use insults like "retard". : P Just show's how immature he is, no one else is insulting anyone else, just stating what he/she thinks.
    And I forgot about Legends but I thought you meant the live action movie that everyone seem's to say there is. : \
    Last edited by Knight Marcus Flint; 04-03-2010 at 01:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information