AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Banned Taco Bell Toy Question

Junior Member AndrewRoman is on a distinguished road AndrewRoman's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2010 02:17 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Banned Taco Bell Toy Question

I'm new here so I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Andrew I've gained a new appreciation of manga starting with Deathnote and working on Inuyasha.

My main reason for joining tonight is for a little market research. A few years ago I came a cross a large box of the Cardcaptor Taco Bell Toys and was told that I needed to hold on to them because the town I live in being totally against anything dealing with Eastern culture was going to burn them.

"Oh, they look like Tarot Cards! Grab your torches!"

Anyways, I was going to list them on ebay but I'm not sure if there is even a market for them. Maybe somebody on here could kinda help me out and tell me if they think it would be worth the time and money of listing. Oh, by the way they are still in the original bag.

Thanks!

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Favorite Bioshock Syringe Bioshock Eve
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2019 06:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aozorapen

What? That sounds totally racist. Then they'd burn me too.

You could try, I think there'd be a market for it perhaps.

できねぇ時?
    そん時ゃ諸共心中だよ

The One and Only knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya Eva NERV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 02:58 PM
    Threads

Really it all depends, if you put what you have as a bulk sale or individual items. next if the right person looks at it and is willing to pay what you want for it, you could list something 20 times and not get a buyer. Just a week ago I sold 24 mangas for $8, which I thougt I would get more for them but what can I do but ship it out.

ok they are Taco bell toys, right. What year(if you know)?
    Good and Evil have never been this cute

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

There's definitely a market for that. There's lots of Cardcaptor fans, and I'm sure they'll pay money. Keep it under 12 or so dollars and it will sell.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Your Father View Post
    There's definitely a market for that. There's lots of Cardcaptor fans, and I'm sure they'll pay money. Keep it under 12 or so dollars and it will sell.
    Thats about what I was thinking price wise thanks for the advice

The One and Only knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019 has a reputation beyond repute knives1019's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ok since the just stopped handing them out because of the witchcraft aspect of them that would mean that a whole lot of them didnt get out into the market(now I maybe wrong about that). Myself I can not tell you what the are worth or if there is a demand for them. I think you should no matter what they sell for you wont be losing anything from it, would you?

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

You could always put one on auction and see what it ends up at for an idea of worth.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by knives1019 View Post
    Ok since the just stopped handing them out because of the witchcraft aspect of them that would mean that a whole lot of them didnt get out into the market(now I maybe wrong about that). Myself I can not tell you what the are worth or if there is a demand for them. I think you should no matter what they sell for you wont be losing anything from it, would you?
    well from what I could find on the internet they were halted by taco bell but some did make it out which is were these came from. I have not been able to find any information on anybody else having them which make me think I've got quite a hot ticket item though I cant be for sure. I will sell them after hearing everybody's advice for 15 to 20 dollars each all else fails I'll hold on to them for awhile longer and try again in a few years...

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah that may be the best thing to do. But if I was you I would keep an eye on ebay to see if anyone puts one on there and just watch that one and see what it sells for. I wish you luck on whatever you decide to do.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks everybody

SES Member zansa has a reputation beyond repute zansa has a reputation beyond repute zansa has a reputation beyond repute zansa has a reputation beyond repute zansa has a reputation beyond repute zansa has a reputation beyond repute zansa has a reputation beyond repute zansa has a reputation beyond repute zansa has a reputation beyond repute zansa has a reputation beyond repute zansa has a reputation beyond repute zansa's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2011 10:54 PM
    Threads

Sometimes is good to don't give an inch about that.

Hitler said "He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future." and japanese culture can easily brainwash some kids making them think that eastern cultures are much better.

Anyways, I don't think a simple toy can have much influence.

Maybe that is not racism, maybe that's rancor.
    the U.S had a war with japan in 1930 if you don't know what I mean.
    Last edited by zansa; 03-31-2010 at 02:27 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information