AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saint Paddy's Day

boopaloop! BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2010 07:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Saint Paddy's Day

HAPPY SAINT PADDY'S DAY!!!

OI OI OI

Fill up your pints! Put a shamrock or clover in your hat! Wear all your fabrics a green! And don't be afraid to sneak in a lil' whiskey in your coffee this morning!

Today is Saint Patricks Day!

THE HISTORY OF SAINT PATRICK
    He was this "bloke" from England who decided to travel himself up to Ireland and convert people to christianity. Well folks, it damn hell worked because nearly the entire country is Christian now. Also apparently he scared away rodents by playing poorly on his pan whistle, but this isn't why you came on this thread innit?

So I offer you all my personal

SURVIVAL GUIDE TO SAINT PADDY'S DAY!

Now back home, we would have started this celebration last Friday, holding parties and events each day until today which being Saint Patrick's Day and all. Today seems to be the day the rest of the world celebrates it, which I'm perfectly fine with as long as you through one hell of a party and celebrate the hell out of it!

"BUT BURNTHOUSE!!! I'M NOT IRISH!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO???"

No worries gents and dames! EVERYONE'S IRISH ON SAINT PADDY'S DAY!!

Now here are a few rules!

1: You MUST wear green. And people with green eyes don't get a free pass. Punishment includes anything your cruel friends can think of!
    2: Men must find an Irishman to rub for goodluck. Ladies must find an Irishman to kiss! (extra points if said Irishman is drunk)
    3: Everyone must engage in a fight one way or another! Winning or losing isn't the point here, the point being to gain their respect!
    4: Although this rule can't be excercised here, swearing is no longer Taboo in everyday conversation. If someone asks why reply with the reliable "Piss off I'm Irish!" A line that can be used by any and everyone on Saint Paddys day!
    5: An important rule for those in North America. We in Ireland have what's called the Shamrock. You in North America have what's called the clover. Spite to what you may think, and spite what scientists say on how they're exactly the same thing... THEY'RE NOT! If you're in North America and pick up a clover infront of an Irishman and say "This is a shamrock! LOL" Then said Irishman is allowed to sock you one right in the mouth. And since everyone is Irish on Saint Paddys Day... I'd be careful!
    6: If you play a musical instrument, you're required to play it at least once! The more noise the better... and noise sounds much better in music form (we all know that).
    7: If an actual Irishman tells you "You're not really Irish are you!" then simply reply with "Everyone's Irish on Saint Patrick's Day! OI!". A true Irishman will understand, but watchout for shady Irish folk... they're out looking for a rumble.
    8: If you're of age, then one pint of Guinness is required for your daily intake of liquidy goodness. I'm a bit dissapointed in the imported product Guiness, but it beats most other dark beers regardless!
    9: Green Beer is also very encouraged! It entertains me to no end, I love it!
    10: If you happen to find a leprechaun... don't bother following it because he'll lead you straight to trouble! Mark my words!

"BURNTHOUSE!!! QUICK!!! I ACCIDENTALLY BROKE ONE OF THESE RULES, AND SOME IRISH FOLK ARE LOOKING AT ME FUNNY!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO?"

You'd only really get in this situation if you're drinking age, so this tactic bounds to work for you. If you're caught in a situation where people are questioning your devotion to Saint Patrick's Day rules and you happen to have a drink in hand... this is what you do.

"SCREW THE RULES!!! IT'S SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!!!!!" *chug chug chug*

It works wonders, and you're bound to make instant friends! It pratically nullifies any rule I just previously made up, so you're free to have a very happy Saint Paddy's Day!

CHEERS

Blizzard's #1 Forum Rat Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Nachos
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2011 08:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I believe St. Patrick is the long long long long lost brother to the one who created Oktoberfest.
    the lovely miss keri hilson - - -

Not taking any sig/av request - - -

boopaloop! BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndrasta View Post
    I believe St. Patrick is the long long long long lost brother to the one who created Oktoberfest.
    I'm fairly honest that Saint Patrick would be horrified on how we've honoured his name. He's a devout christian who became a saint... I don't think he was very much a party animal...

Regardless, I thank him for giving us a reason to wear green and be glad we're Irish!

btw: Oktoberfest is great!

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That was long. I didn't read it. D=

*skips to random part* Well hey, I'm not of drinking age so I should be okay. =D
    And crap. I have no green in my wardrobe. Prepare to be pinched. =(
    "Dad, I can't go to school today." "Why's that?" "I don't have anything to wear that's green." Yeaah . . . that should work. ^_^

Oh, and Happy St. Patrick's Day.
    Though it's still about ten minutes until, here.

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Indeed may we all be green and happy Irish or not. I am 1/2 Irish so yaya I guess though it has never been a big deal to me.
    Gero Server Guru

Senior Member deep blue has a reputation beyond repute deep blue has a reputation beyond repute deep blue has a reputation beyond repute deep blue has a reputation beyond repute deep blue has a reputation beyond repute deep blue has a reputation beyond repute deep blue has a reputation beyond repute deep blue has a reputation beyond repute deep blue has a reputation beyond repute deep blue has a reputation beyond repute deep blue has a reputation beyond repute deep blue's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2010 12:12 AM
    Threads

It`s still an hour and a half till St. Patricks Day here. I don`t think I`ll be doing anything but writing a final paper and doing other school related things. Maybe I`ll urge the boyfriend to go out for dinner and drink that one remaining beer in the fridge
    "A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gero50 View Post
    Indeed may we all be green and happy Irish or not. I am 1/2 Irish so yaya I guess though it has never been a big deal to me.
    As long as you celebrate it in your own way, I really don't mind if it's a crazy party or not. My interests are that everyone has a great time among friends... AND BEER OF COURSE!!!

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Okay, now it's officially the 17th so Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

And I don't think I'll really celebrate . . .
    No part of me is actually Irish.
    Please don't hurt me. >.<

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by *Tsuki* View Post
    And I don't think I'll really celebrate . . .
    No part of me is actually Irish.
    Please don't hurt me. >.<
    What are you talking about? EVERYONE'S IRISH on Saint Paddy's Day!

Three princesses slave alexshim has a reputation beyond repute alexshim has a reputation beyond repute alexshim has a reputation beyond repute alexshim has a reputation beyond repute alexshim has a reputation beyond repute alexshim has a reputation beyond repute alexshim has a reputation beyond repute alexshim has a reputation beyond repute alexshim has a reputation beyond repute alexshim has a reputation beyond repute alexshim has a reputation beyond repute alexshim's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2010 02:44 PM
    Threads

Happy Saints Paddy day
    Let's party I got instruments let play some Irish music

http://www.travelinireland.com/pictu...instrument.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	irish-instrument.jpg‎
Views:	14
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	27998  

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

I like that post, it was visually stimulating and entertaining.

Reading my user title? nenuma has a reputation beyond repute nenuma has a reputation beyond repute nenuma has a reputation beyond repute nenuma has a reputation beyond repute nenuma has a reputation beyond repute nenuma has a reputation beyond repute nenuma has a reputation beyond repute nenuma has a reputation beyond repute nenuma has a reputation beyond repute nenuma has a reputation beyond repute nenuma has a reputation beyond repute nenuma's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2013 10:12 PM
    Threads

So no wonder everyone pinched and one person slapped me last year...
    Who also called me an immigrant..
    I need to learn more things..
    Secret Technique.

Senior Member Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2010 09:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Are you high or just plain stupid? While semi-influential, that had to be the most retarded crap I've ever read, OP. Being an Irisher, I think you're trying to bring up the stereotype that all Irish citizens get completely smashed and like to fight.

...apparently he scared away rodents by playing poorly on his pan whistle...
    If I play a pan whistle, will you scurry off as well?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hax View Post
    If I play a pan whistle, will you scurry off as well?
    Depends on how badly you play.

And no one likes a downer, stereotypes is what people from out of country respond to. The above document was to be viewed as a playful joke, a bit silly on how serious you're taking it wouldn't you say?

Cheer up you ol' toss! It's Saint Paddy's Day!

Senior Member Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BurntHouse View Post
    Depends on how badly you play.

And no one likes a downer, stereotypes is what people from out of country respond to. The above document was to be viewed as a playful joke, a bit silly on how serious you're taking it wouldn't you say?

Cheer up you ol' toss! It's Saint Paddy's Day!
    I respond to the Irish stereotype because I feel it hurts my pride. That's speaking as a human being, not as an Irisher who prefers this heritage over his other heritage. (I'm half-Irish, and half-Puerto Rican, to be exact. The Irish shows the most, though.)

Think about it, would you like hearing that Puerto Rican men are not only chauvinistic, but constant cheaters as well? Oh, let's not forget that we're associated with gangs and our women get pregnant primarily during their teen years.

...and you say I'm silly. I'm not the one breaking out the stereotype of my own heritage. I'm the one who gets in a person's face when they insult either my Irish or Puerto Rican pride whether it be in the form of discrimination or stereotypical comments.
    Last edited by Dr. Hax; 03-17-2010 at 02:47 AM.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm not really a big Saint Paddy's Day person and I never really celebrated it and even right now I'm wearing red not green. Happy Saint Paddy's Day though, I hope everyone who celebrates it and even people that don't have a great day.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

...and you say I'm silly. I'm not the one breaking out the stereotype of my own heritage. I'm the one who gets in a person's face when they insult either my Irish or Puerto Rican pride whether it be in the form of discrimination or stereotypical comments.
    Seriously mate... it's not hurting anyone. Playing ol' victim here won't help anyone nor will it get us anywhere! All it does it give you more reasons to be upset towards others, which never really solves anything does it! All this really shows is that you're hostile against people who meant no harm, just because they made a few jokes about your heritage (which happens to be mine too).

But regardless of your sourpuss attitude on Saint Paddy's Day, THE CELEBRATION MUST CONTINUE!

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    Threads

With all the Guinness they give away for next to nothing to anyone wearing green at the local Irish pub, one is bound to love this holiday. Me, I approve of it for being one of the few holidays that actually encourage people to get wasted. Also, I kind of like the Irish, so HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!!!

{( H A K U ' S - P E T )} SinYan has a reputation beyond repute SinYan has a reputation beyond repute SinYan has a reputation beyond repute SinYan has a reputation beyond repute SinYan has a reputation beyond repute SinYan has a reputation beyond repute SinYan has a reputation beyond repute SinYan has a reputation beyond repute SinYan has a reputation beyond repute SinYan has a reputation beyond repute SinYan has a reputation beyond repute SinYan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2010 12:34 PM
    Threads

Oh come on, stereotypes are wonderful! And, believe it or not, but they often are somewhat true, because the first impression is usually the right one. So don't be grumps and just have fun on this marvelous daaayyy! ^___^

Happy St Patrick's!!

By the way, do green accessories count? I own no green clothing, it makes me look fat D:
    Last edited by SinYan; 03-17-2010 at 10:50 AM.
    :: Gorgeousness by Hakuchuumu ::

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 12:07 AM
    Threads

Think about it, would you like hearing that Puerto Rican men are not only chauvinistic, but constant cheaters as well? Oh, let's not forget that we're associated with gangs and our women get pregnant primarily during their teen years.
    As a Floridian very familiar with the culture, and the statistics, you probably don't want me to respond to that.

Happy St. Beergoggles Day!

Bad Memory

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SinYan View Post
    Oh come on, stereotypes are wonderful! And, believe it or not, but they often are somewhat true, because the first impression is usually the right one. So don't be grumps and just have fun on this marvelous daaayyy! ^___^

Happy St Patrick's!!

By the way, do green accessories count? I own no green clothing, it makes me look fat D:
    Nothing can make you look fat. You're most likely a pudgy heifer as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Show View Post
    As a Floridian very familiar with the culture, and the statistics, you probably don't want me to respond to that.

Happy St. Beergoggles Day!

Bad Memory
    I probably do not want to read it anyway so it's all good on this end. My stomach feels a bit uneasy so no Shepard's Pie for me. I just want something light. Maybe soup for now. I'll have the pie on Saturday when my relatives come over to celebrate my b'day. (which was yesterday, fools...)
    Last edited by Dr. Hax; 03-17-2010 at 11:02 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Made an error. Please delete this useless post.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I respond to the Irish stereotype because I feel it hurts my pride. That's speaking as a human being, not as an Irisher who prefers this heritage over his other heritage. (I'm half-Irish, and half-Puerto Rican, to be exact. The Irish shows the most, though.)
    St. Patrick's day, as it's celebrated in America is, has always been, and will always be a blatant travesty of Ireland and it's inhabitants. If there was a black analogy of St. Patrick's day, it would have people wearing blackface, bones through their noses and running around with leather shields and spears.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

woo hoo st patricks day. what an exellent excuse to wear green and get drunk!!!!

linky

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    St. Patrick's day, as it's celebrated in America is, has always been, and will always be a blatant travesty of Ireland and it's inhabitants.
    It's about as much of a travesty as St. Valentine's day. (which I think is pretty stupid)

If there was a black analogy of St. Patrick's day, it would have people wearing blackface, bones through their noses and running around with leather shields and spears.
    ...and I suppose St. Patrick would be replaced with Baron Samedi, right?

Closed Thread

Thread Information