AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dragonball Kai on Nicktoons...

Senior Member Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2010 04:23 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Dragonball Kai on Nicktoons...

Honestly, I'm glad nicktoons got it. Why? Well, Disney would censor the hell out of it and CN would probably put it at a 5 AM timeslot, run through the entire series, and then never show another episode again.

Senior Member HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98 has a reputation beyond repute HateSpawn98's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts One Piece Wanted Poster One Piece Flag Death Note
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2013 04:56 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Epicman3 Steam ID: HateSpawn98

The problem with Nick Toons at the moment is that they are just playing the same eight episodes of Dragon Ball Z Kai ....

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 10:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan View Post
    Honestly, I'm glad nicktoons got it. Why? Well, Disney would censor the hell out of it and CN would probably put it at a 5 AM timeslot, run through the entire series, and then never show another episode again.
    Granted, neither Nicktoons, Disney nor Cartoon Network are responsible for the edits that occur in the anime that appear on their networks. The anime distributors do that. They are the ones that primarily edit the anime so that the anime will be appropriate to appear on whatever network they want to show the anime. And let's all remember that anime's lack of popularity on television is the reason why CN doesn't show that much anime anymore and the reason why some anime were given the dreaded 5 AM timeslot.

And Dragon Ball Kai has been edited quite a bit. While the edits are not as severe as they were in the original series, they are still there (blood, alcohol, certain violent scenes, etc).
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Junior Member Sottaceti is infamous around these parts Sottaceti is infamous around these parts Sottaceti is infamous around these parts Sottaceti is infamous around these parts Sottaceti is infamous around these parts Sottaceti is infamous around these parts Sottaceti is infamous around these parts Sottaceti is infamous around these parts Sottaceti is infamous around these parts Sottaceti is infamous around these parts Sottaceti is infamous around these parts Sottaceti's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2010 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Optimaulicus

DBZK sucks, but I don't really care because I can just watch DBZ online or something. The thing that bugs me the most, though, is that they replaced Gohan and Frieza, and my younger siblings are actually watching DBZK and enjoying it. They're enjoying cut trash, and it bugs the hell outta me to see 'em lappin' it up.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 10:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by Sottaceti View Post
    DBZK sucks, but I don't really care because I can just watch DBZ online or something. The thing that bugs me the most, though, is that they replaced Gohan and Frieza, and my younger siblings are actually watching DBZK and enjoying it. They're enjoying cut trash, and it bugs the hell outta me to see 'em lappin' it up.
    Yeah, they replaced Frieza but considering how many episodes he actually appeared in (and how long ago that was), I surprised you care at all (its not as if he was in the entire series). As for Young Gohan, he has had TWO voice actors before now, so the change in his voice, again, really shouldn't matter. In fact, there were a lot of voice changes, such as almost all of the Ginyu Force (Recoome is the only one that stayed the same), Bulma, Zarbon and Dodoria.

And the Dragon Ball series is not exactly complicated. Even with all of the edits that were made in the past, it didn't take away much from the story. So your younger siblings probably don't care about the edits (neither then nor now; and why should they?).
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Tireless Wanderer Lord Tsukuyomi has a reputation beyond repute Lord Tsukuyomi has a reputation beyond repute Lord Tsukuyomi has a reputation beyond repute Lord Tsukuyomi has a reputation beyond repute Lord Tsukuyomi has a reputation beyond repute Lord Tsukuyomi has a reputation beyond repute Lord Tsukuyomi has a reputation beyond repute Lord Tsukuyomi has a reputation beyond repute Lord Tsukuyomi has a reputation beyond repute Lord Tsukuyomi has a reputation beyond repute Lord Tsukuyomi has a reputation beyond repute Lord Tsukuyomi's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Soccer Ball
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-25-2012 11:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tsukuyomi00

When I first heard that they were remaking DBZ I was pretty excited, then I heard it would come on Nicktoons and I was disappointed...very disappointed. Ive seen the first like 20 or so episodes of Kai, I've stopped watching. They cut out a good deal of the filler episodes, which I guess they wanted to get to the action faster but its just wrong. Another thing for example when Vegeta had Gohan by his clothing and headbutted him they cut that out. They cut out a lot of stuff that I just dont approve of. I'll stick to watching the original, so much better.
    A sig made by Hikarin. Very uber, thanks a lot.

Bottom sig by blueangel06661. Thank you very much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information