AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What in a Game Makes You Angry?

Simon Says...Die!!! Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2011 12:32 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default What in a Game Makes You Angry?

ok, this dosen't apply to every game but most of them, i hate games with a big elaberate graphic opening or cinematic cut to's and the actual gameplay looks nothing like the cinematics, i hate that, so this basically means every commercial you've seen for a rpg game is not even close to what the game looks like.....that pisses me off lol.....what angers you?

angel in flight poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2010 06:40 PM
    Threads

the AI. i was recently playing final fantasy tactics a2: grimoire of the rift and i couldn't kill the last enemy because A. none of my characters could reach him with any attacks and B. the stupid thing wouldn't move! it just kept shifting between these two squares. so frustrating. i had to turn my ds off because i just simply couldn't do it.

generally, the AI in most games makes me angry. donald, goofy, and whoever else in kh. give them a potion and they use them up within five seconds of battle because you were hit.

i know there's good AI out there, but this was just pure BS

"Thinking of you, where ever you are..."
    Sig by me

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

HA, where do I begin?

How about when the c-c-c-camera isn't working right. I can't play a game that I can't see!

Or maybe perhaps when the controls for the movements of the characters or what have you are out of sync. "Try to attack him!". "GAH, I died because it took to long to recongnise my action..."

Oh oh oh! I know, when the stupid AI characters are standing in your way and you can't evade an enemy attack. grrrr that's the worst. "I would have gotten out of the way if you had just MOOOOOOOOVED!"

And last, (this one doesn't make me too angry) but after you finish a game, and you can't continue on playing it; as in it just takes you back to the last save point in the game is just really annoying tbh. I like to know that there is at least something else to do when I'm done. But ending back up at my last save point is kind of a buzz kill. (even in the case where you can go back and finish side quests and stuff, you never really feel like you beat the game.)
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Simon Says...Die!!! Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i also hate games where you can only progress by doing pre dtermined actions, like resident evil 5, when you had to beat striker and it was all about where you went and how you did something, you had to use a specific door to be able t o go to the other part of the battle, and you hadf to do a specific attack to get further along in the battle meaning every other attack was pretty much pointless.

Member Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2010 07:32 PM
    Threads

Games that have you progress through a dungeon of some sort as far as you can go until you have to leave and then you lose all of the experience you gain and maybe get to keep items, just so you can start over again from the top (or bottom, in the case of tower dungeons) and most likely not make it to the end again.

Signature by Hakuchuumu!

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i also hate prestige mode lol

Blizzard's #1 Forum Rat Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Nachos
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2011 08:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

El oh el.
    What makes me angry?

Hmm, specifically in World of Warcraft....mostly everything:
    1) As a GM, I get complaints. Simple complaints of bugs that can easily be fixed by another GM but they refuse to fix it.
    2) Us GMs don't get along most of the time. It sucks when we try to fix a zone in the game, I log off, and then your work had been altered.
    3) Spammers in general city chat channel. I love suspending chat privileges.

Our cinematic goes perfectly well with the game play so I got no worries there.
    the lovely miss keri hilson - - -

Not taking any sig/av request - - -

that guy with the beard JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2011 11:16 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jimbo8472

simon says style game play, push the buttons in the order that they flash on the screen, you cant play any new game nowdays without running into this.

RPG random battles that are 2 seconds apart from each other.

endless respawning bad guys.

in game movies you cant skip past.

thats about it.

Senior Member Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts M1911 Battleship Favorite
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2013 07:31 AM
    Threads

Lol, when i played WoW, the trade chat were just idiots in, some time's, they even talked about stuff not even related to the game at all.
    And in L4D2 i can't find many people that can speak English, so it's pretty boring to play... -.-'
    Heeey!

Senior Member rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2014 05:35 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lots of bits PSN ID: rf_switch Steam ID: lotsofbits

I hate when you're asked a question and they give you more than one answer to choose. Only problem is there's really only one answer for you to choose and the game will keep asking the question until you pick the answer the developers wanted you to pick. It's especially annoying if it doesn't really have anything to do with the main quest.

NPC -" Timmy went into the monster filled cave. Will you save the him?"
    Me - "No"
    Me - "No"
    Me - "No"
    Me - "No"
    Me - *sigh* "yes"

Also, overly hyper extra "cute" Japanese Anime girls in games annoy me. But whats even worse is when someone decides the English voice actor should mimic that.
    Last edited by rf switch; 03-12-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Blizzard's #1 Forum Rat Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Nachos
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    Lol, when i played WoW, the trade chat were just idiots in, some time's, they even talked about stuff not even related to the game at all.
    And in L4D2 i can't find many people that can speak English, so it's pretty boring to play... -.-'
    Hence why I love suspending chat privileges.
    It goes by increments of 10 minutes for the first sets of "warning".
    10, 20, 30 40, then to 1 hour.
    Past one hour will be a 72 hour ban (3 day ban) from the time I press my lovely button tab called "SUSPEND ACCOUNT".

Before I became a GM.
    I played regularly during Burning Crusade days.
    I had to server transfer due to everyone in that serve speaking Portuguese.
    They are my lovely Brazilian trolls. =/
    I check up on that server once in a blue moon.
    Nothing much had changed.
    Made me so angry cause there's a language barrier and it was hard to raid.

Senior Member rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Hmm, I'm curious. Is being a GM for WoW (or any other MMO for that matter) a paid gig? Or do you pretty much just get to play for free or something?

Member Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2010 09:54 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by silverwings1415 View Post
    the AI. i was recently playing final fantasy tactics a2: grimoire of the rift and i couldn't kill the last enemy because A. none of my characters could reach him with any attacks and B. the stupid thing wouldn't move! it just kept shifting between these two squares. so frustrating. i had to turn my ds off because i just simply couldn't do it.

generally, the AI in most games makes me angry. donald, goofy, and whoever else in kh. give them a potion and they use them up within five seconds of battle because you were hit.

i know there's good AI out there, but this was just pure BS
    Dude, on .Hack this one time, I ordered Blackrose to attack one of Cubia's Repth Gomoras (Monsters that heal the boss) and she said "You want me to recover, right?"
    Then she, get ready for it... Casted Repth on the boss! Agh! How does this happen?! How could the game make a mistake like that? It doesn't even ALLOW you to do that in the game? How the hell...?

HOLLOW LELOUCH

Requiem Angel Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim has a reputation beyond repute Nephilim's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2010 04:44 PM
    Threads

I hate the double boss fights, like you in Star Ocean Till the End of Time, you THINK you kill the final boss, then (if you're like me) you realize you didn't get exp and know before the next cut scene is over you have to fight again, and he's even stronger and harder than before, and it's always at the end of the game where you can't go back to get more potions without dying so you're just stuck and have to start all over again to beat the friggin game. That's what I hate.
    Sig and avy by me.

"If looks could kill you'd be the one that takes my world and makes me numb."

Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Nachos
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rf switch View Post
    Hmm, I'm curious. Is being a GM for WoW (or any other MMO for that matter) a paid gig? Or do you pretty much just get to play for free or something?
    I get paid net income (minus California's state tax + federal tax)
    More answers can be found on my blog.

Entry #1 : FAQ plus I get to answer them ALL. =)
    Entry #2 : The history of my and Blizzard Ent.

Senior Member Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock has a reputation beyond repute Lily Rock's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Lol, on my server, a stupid, little, idiotic moron always spammed down with a guild that ninjaed like, all the time and were like even the worst you could be in, they capsed' all trade chat and that, and everyone on that server were REALLY arrogant, if you had a achievment for like, Onyxia 25 man, and YOU didn't die, they deny you cause THEY want the BEST players for getting themselfs gears and money... -.-'
    Many french i think were there, swedish to, some other languages were spoken, but it were so annoying when you are trying to either sell something, or LFG...
    Heeey!

Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndrasta View Post
    I get paid net income (minus California's state tax + federal tax)
    More answers can be found on my blog.

Entry #1 : FAQ plus I get to answer them ALL. =)
    Entry #2 : The history of my and Blizzard Ent.
    Ah cool. Was mainly just looking for a yes or no answer but your blog was interesting.

Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Forgot to add to my hate list:
    Karma Chargers which kicks your *** when you look away and has done something mean to another player.
    Unlucky Hunters who's jumping on me when reviving a player/rescurrect them.
    Or some dumb-assed tanks who's just right behing a corner waiting with a truck to smash at you...
    Heeey!

Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Nachos
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    Lol, on my server, a stupid, little, idiotic moron always spammed down with a guild that ninjaed like, all the time and were like even the worst you could be in, they capsed' all trade chat and that, and everyone on that server were REALLY arrogant, if you had a achievment for like, Onyxia 25 man, and YOU didn't die, they deny you cause THEY want the BEST players for getting themselfs gears and money... -.-'
    Many french i think were there, swedish to, some other languages were spoken, but it were so annoying when you are trying to either sell something, or LFG...
    When you right click a users name and "REPORT SPAM", we get the red flag.
    A mini chat-like window will pop up and we can see what the person is spamming: Selling Gold (mainly SusanExpress), or this...
    Code:
    [2. Trade] [Vyndrasta] WTS TANK RUNS
    ........x30 more
    ...you get the idea...

A GM has to rule out if this person accidentally hit his macros one too many times, or had done it purposely for his own intent. Per server is about 15 GMs working, so either me or the other 14 GMs will take care of it. Heavy traffic days, we catch spammers 90% of the time and that's because there's more of us logged on. And this is where I get mad at the most due to may more ramblings. Bah!

And sad to say, there is nothing we can do with ninjas in the game.
    We get tickets like that half the time, I ignore it.
    Last edited by Vyndrasta; 03-13-2010 at 04:11 AM.

Member Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2010 07:32 PM
    Threads

Oh, I didn't think about MMOs and ORPGs O:

In that genre, I was also a GM for a very small ORPG. I ended up quitting since I couldn't handle things the way they should've been, but anyways.

What I hated most about it was dealing with other GMs abusing power. I hope this doesn't happen often in larger games but I imagine it's pretty common in these smaller ones.

Signature by Hakuchuumu!

Senior Member Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2010 11:12 AM
    Threads

Well I enjoyed the work the GM's did on Spinebreaker server. I quit playing WoW but they did a good job imo. The Chat was annoying as Fuk though... But what I hate it games? When you can't beat someone without pressing buttons in combo. My hands can't handle it. I can't play ninja Gaiden, or Prince of persia, or games that require persicion movements. Crouch jumping is easy lol.
    I Also hate RTS games with Bad AI, or cheating AI (they dont need money, they do like 30 things as once)
    But when you can't play a game thats good, it makes me mad. Or when my damn units can't follow a simple friggen command, I really get mad... I love RTS games, and wow do I yell at a screen when playing Empire Earth....
    Signature made by: Hakuchuumu
    TYVM!
    Originally Posted by Bandaid X
    Ell Oohh Elll?

You typed a 9-paragraph post to uhm... not disagree with anyone?

Welcome to the interwebz! ^^

CUZ I R SPESHELS!!!

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i hate when you get respawned and killed the second you respawn.

Senior Member Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2010 06:23 PM
    Threads

-Everything about MW2 (including its underserved hype)
    -Quick-time events
    -Bad unit pathing in RTS games (Remember how retarded zerglings were in Starcraft?)
    -Bad voice acting
    -FPS's where the guns have no recoil, idle sway or bullet spread.(See MW2)
    -Games that have more cutscenes then actual gameplay. I don't mind the occasional cutscene for story purposes, but games like MGS4 took it too far.
    -Gameplay that is too easy or too forgiving. I grew up on the ball-busting platformers of the NES; I enjoy a challenge.
    -RPG's with little-to-no character customization. I'm looking at you, Mass Effect 2!

I could go on but I'll spare you guys a wall of text. ^.^
    Last edited by Condey; 03-15-2010 at 06:10 PM.
    ~Condey, The Northamerimori~

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

mw2 is a campers paradise,it's like tent city online lol

Senior Member Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2010 06:23 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Phoenix View Post
    mw2 is a campers paradise,it's like tent city online lol
    Yep thats definitely up there on my list of problems with it. Although I tend not to notice as much as I prefer to snipe.
    ~Condey, The Northamerimori~

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information