AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Thread: Health care in America.

Threaded View

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 12:07 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post
    Let me ask you a question. If someone was attacked in open daylight and suddenly need serious help, wouldn't it be wrong if everyone just looked the other way and went about their day because it "wasn't their problem"?
    What you're advocating is not other people helping someone being attacked; it's grabbing strangers and forcing them to help the person being attacked. kimi no kioku's point (the first sentence, at any rate) is a very sound one. You cannot force "the right thing", nor is it a function of the government to do so. Taxing someone more because they might feel it less is no more morally right than burglarizing them for the same reason. Flawed reasoning at its best.

A mindset won't change becuase you legislate it (as proven so poignantly by the civil rights movement).

That's why taxes exist; because we can't simply depend on people to do the right thing.
    Like hell it is. Taxes exist because a government cannot function without monetary input from the people it governs, and we chose at the onset of this country to have a government to govern the people. Funding government processes is the only function of taxes. Forcibly taking from others what they won't willingly give in order to give it to somebody else is neither a function of taxes nor a function government.

So yes, the rich need to pay more to help spread the wealth because they're not going to do it just because we ask really nicely.
    You have neither a legal or moral argument to support this. It's my right to choose not to help someone just as it's my right to choose to help someone, and unless I am in a position held legally accountable for providing aid (sworn state workers, for instance) then there is no legal or moral argument to support forcing me to help.

Bad Memory
    Last edited by Forgotten Show; 03-10-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Thread Information