AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Government and Parenting

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Government and Parenting

I didn't want to go too far off-topic in this thread, so I decided to make an new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post
    I'm sorry that you disagree. Clearly we have very different opinions about government.

The way I see it is- safty first; and if that means that we must relinquish some of our freedoms to protect the people and the whole of society, then that is the only possible option. And yes, I do truely believe that there are people in this world that are just simply unfit to be parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by SinYan View Post
    Surely, no one's perfect, but let's not forget that government too can be evil. To be honest, I'd have to agree with Wicked Eden. No one has to control my choices. If I want to raise my child this way, then it's meant to be.
    The problem here is that while the vast majority of people are capable of parenting sucessfully, even if not perfect, there will still be those left that just can not. Why should those kids have to endure the mistakes and very poor choices of others when they wouldn't have to otherwise.

Look, I'm not saying that most people aren't good parents, I'm saying that there are those very few who you know are only going to cause the child to suffer; to which the child will have to carry for the rest of their life. Wouldn't it just be eaiser to prevent the problem in the first place? what are your thought?
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Cardinal of Eden Vital Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2011 05:18 PM
    Threads

Is this about this post:
    Children should be raised through public ownership. lol

Seriously though, If a person tries to adopt a child, they have to go through background screenings and everything, and even after that need to be checked on by social services constantly. Why should the same not be true for having biological kids too? It would probably end a lot of child abuse and neglect.

Why should rasing kids be an absoulte right if it causes horrible things like this to happen?

I mean the person loses the kid when it gets reported, but that's only after the fact and the damage has already been done. Wouldn't it be more effective to prevent the problem in the first place. Sure maybe it goes against the freedoms of the people, but think- atlest for the sake of the children who wouldn't have to go through terrible things like this.
    Just wondering. Once you answer, I'll reply.

I have recently transformed into a defender of the mentally ill. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

yes. forgot to add it. my bad.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

So what do you propose we do? And what would give you/us the right to tell which way is right and which way is wrong to raise your kids? And if one of your responses is "if they don't comply to our ways, we'll take their kids away from them and raise them in a ****-house", what would give us the right to do that as well?

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.McDoom!: Released View Post
    So what do you propose we do? And what would give you/us the right to tell which way is right and which way is wrong to raise your kids? And if one of your responses is "if they don't comply to our ways, we'll take their kids away from them and raise them in a ****-house", what would give us the right to do that as well?
    I think you misunderstand. What I'm proposing is that we take away a person's right to have a child from those to whom we have declared that they aren't going to be competent enough to be able to care for the child- basic things like feeding- bathing- keeping safe from harm (like, don't let the kid go into dangerous areas by themself) reasonable things.

The differnece in how the law is now, is that it would stop people from rasing kids in the first place (how ever one would go about that) as opposed to taking away a child from their parent once the damage has already been done.

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'd honestly rather that a few children be abused here and their rather than make every potential parent jump through hoops to have children.

Sleepy Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2010 08:27 AM
    Threads

I agree with ericgamer.
    Parents that are unable to should be unable to raise children. Makes perfect sense.

The seven stakes of purgatory! ^^ Good thing to know that they will be the last thing you see before you die. ^^

angel in flight poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2010 06:40 PM
    Threads

i'm with you on this. there are some people in this world who should never have children. they can't take care of them.

but you can't judge how well a person will take care of a child. even some adopted kids experience abuse and neglect. it seems odd, but it happens. you can't restrict a person's right to reproduce. it may sound logical and maybe even the right thing to do, but it's just not possible.

"Thinking of you, where ever you are..."
    Sig by me

Sleepy Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2010 08:27 AM
    Threads

Oh i think it is possiable to a degree. At the very least root out the ones that it is easy to see that they should never have children.

The seven stakes of purgatory! ^^ Good thing to know that they will be the last thing you see before you die. ^^

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

I think you misunderstand. What I'm proposing is that we take away a person's right to have a child from those to whom we have declared that they aren't going to be competent enough to be able to care for the child- basic things like feeding- bathing- keeping safe from harm (like, don't let the kid go into dangerous areas by themself) reasonable things.

The differnece in how the law is now, is that it would stop people from rasing kids in the first place (how ever one would go about that) as opposed to taking away a child from their parent once the damage has already been done.
    Oh, you related to that starving baby thread, well that's a slightly different situation; I thought you were talking about making parents jump through hoops all their life so they can keep their children, and instituting some kind of nazi parenting model.
    And even in the earlier situation, I'd still advocate against restricting the rightful child from their parents at an age too early, unless you're absolutely certain they will eat their guts. I'd propose something that'll raise their attention and teach them better.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Tieria's girl kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-06-2010 06:51 PM
    Threads

I think this is completely wrong. You can't deny the people children.
    Hate to sound odd, but that's totally against everything America stands for.
    Aw, the wonderful sound of AF.

Quote Originally Posted by BurntHouse View Post
    Robots one-up "love" simply by "obeying" you. Who needs love and respect when we can get fear and anguish instead? :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Condey View Post
    I can't think of any that come to mind at the moment, but my default response to a personal attack is "Your dog has hepatitas". It doesn't work all the time, but hoo-boy when it does, it works wonders.

Member Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Eden's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-23-2011 07:47 PM
    Threads

Okay, to quote you from the original topic where I made my remarks:

Children should be raised through public
    If a person tries to adopt a child, they have to go through background screenings and everything, and even after that need to be checked on by social services constantly. Why should the same not be true for having biological kids too?
    So, in other words, they will be checked in on by child services, and if unfavorable things are happening, the child is removed. You're talking in circles.
    it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts

Closed Thread

Thread Information