AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sqauare tries to guage interest in FFVII remake through twitter post

Senior Member Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2011 06:55 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Sqauare tries to guage interest in FFVII remake through twitter post

And the response was a 'surprise' to them.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/6713.html

Above article I just got in an email, and I found it interesting that not only is Square taking the offensive by asking about a remake instead of deflecting the question, but that they seemed to not expect such an explosive response. From Japan alone, even, didn't include any responses from America or Europe.
    Just remember, when life gives you lemons make chocolate milk & force the rest of the world to wonder how the hell you did it.

That was pretty cool. I should always chuck a bifurcated corpse in front of me when I need to make an entrance.

boopaloop! BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2010 07:53 AM
    Threads

They're gonna make it. Square is a company, they'll go for the easy money.

They've remade I, II, III, and IV... who knows, perhaps they're working their way up the numerical system. Perhaps V is next... and I'll be surprised of VI gets a remake. Judging how much they milked the now dry VII story-arc, the only thing to do left is to remake all of their stuff since they don't have Sakaguchi to come up with anything original for them anymore (notice the first non-sakaguchi Final Fantasy was the first to have a Goddamn sequel... *shoots self*)

Member Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams has a reputation beyond repute Rams's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2010 07:32 PM
    Threads

Too little, too late. I'm not even sure I care any more. :/

Signature by Hakuchuumu!

angel in flight poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2010 06:40 PM
    Threads

the plot of FFVII has been ruined for me by every fanboy/fangirl and every crappy sequel/prequel made in The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII...

Square actually didn't make too much money off of the remakes. when they remade chrono trigger and final fantasy IV i believe, both sold rather poorly. granted, FFVII is more well-known but still.

IF they did remake it (not the PSN remake but PS3), either A. everything would be the same and you'd just have the exact same game from 10+ years ago only better looking or B. they'd remake it, add new concepts, change up the combat, add a party member, etc. and you'd have fans crying foul because it's not the same game from 10+ years ago...

done with FFVII. i want to hear about FF Versus XIII

"Thinking of you, where ever you are..."
    Sig by me

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy VII is as overated as Dragonball Z.

Point?: FFVII is the DBZ of RPGs..or heck..Video Games.

boopaloop! BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse has a reputation beyond repute BurntHouse's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2010 07:53 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by silverwings1415 View Post
    the plot of FFVII has been ruined for me by every fanboy/fangirl and every crappy sequel/prequel made in The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII...
    See, I'd consider you to be an actual true FF VII fan. People who go bonkers over FF VII and demand prequels and sequels just don't cut it for me. Actual fans realize that the game stood up on it's own, and required no sequels or prequels... or remakes...

Tieria's girl kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku has a reputation beyond repute kimi no kioku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-06-2010 06:51 PM
    Threads

I want them to remake it so I can play it. I didn't play games when that came out and it's hard to find.
    Aw, the wonderful sound of AF.

Quote Originally Posted by BurntHouse View Post
    Robots one-up "love" simply by "obeying" you. Who needs love and respect when we can get fear and anguish instead? :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Condey View Post
    I can't think of any that come to mind at the moment, but my default response to a personal attack is "Your dog has hepatitas". It doesn't work all the time, but hoo-boy when it does, it works wonders.

Senior Member Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda has a reputation beyond repute Zombie Panda's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I agree that the prequels/sequels sucked things up a bit, still wouldn't mind a facelift for the game though. Still just a dream, though, because they'll be finishing Versus XIII & probably XIV before anything else. *shrugs* I haven't reached the point of disinterest yet, but it's not far off.
    Just remember, when life gives you lemons make chocolate milk & force the rest of the world to wonder how the hell you did it.

That was pretty cool. I should always chuck a bifurcated corpse in front of me when I need to make an entrance.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Really, VII is like the Dragonball Z of video games.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Stone View Post
    Really, VII is like the Dragonball Z of video games.
    As a fan of both, that bugs me not at all.

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rams View Post
    Too little, too late. I'm not even sure I care any more. :/
    I have to be a little honest, yeah. This.

I would probably buy it if it were on the 360, just because my ps2 is dying and I don't want to own a ps3. Especially if they updated the graphics a bit. I haven't played any of the other remakes though.

I like that they're remaking games because the originals are often hard to find. I'm lucky that my dad's friend bought it when it first came out and never got rid of it even though he hated it. He then later on gifted it to me for my birthday.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Senior Member rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2014 05:35 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lots of bits PSN ID: rf_switch Steam ID: lotsofbits

They can remake whatever they want. If 5 ends up coming next then I'd bet 6 comes before 7....

It wont really change the fact that Final Fantasy VII really isn't that great.

Member Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2010 09:54 AM
    Threads

I want them to remake V, then VI, then VII... Then VIII. Gotta love VIII.

HOLLOW LELOUCH

Senior Member Zetsubou-Billy has a reputation beyond repute Zetsubou-Billy has a reputation beyond repute Zetsubou-Billy has a reputation beyond repute Zetsubou-Billy has a reputation beyond repute Zetsubou-Billy has a reputation beyond repute Zetsubou-Billy has a reputation beyond repute Zetsubou-Billy has a reputation beyond repute Zetsubou-Billy has a reputation beyond repute Zetsubou-Billy has a reputation beyond repute Zetsubou-Billy has a reputation beyond repute Zetsubou-Billy has a reputation beyond repute Zetsubou-Billy's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2012 08:47 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Stone View Post
    Final Fantasy VII is as overated as Dragonball Z.

Point?: FFVII is the DBZ of RPGs..or heck..Video Games.
    yup every time i get into a conversation about final fantasy. VII comes up people say that's my favorite even though they have barely played it.Its overrated and it's not even the best one IMO.

Steam:[Sock]J3r3myr007
    PSN:Marineassassin

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

They both had their glory now they suck compared to others...or newer ones.

So yeah, in a nutshell; VII is overrated.

SES Member Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2010 04:38 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 3815-8940-4087-6200

The whole FF series is the DBZ of games not just VII.

Senior Member Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey has a reputation beyond repute Condey's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2010 06:23 PM
    Threads

I don't think a remake is necessary. Seems like it would be gouging the fans for some quick cash in my opinion.

Also, FFIX was the underrated pinnacle of the series. Your opinions may differ. They may also be wrong. :P
    ~Condey, The Northamerimori~

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information