AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII

Senior Member RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v has a reputation beyond repute RenegadeC4v's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2010 11:27 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

I got the game on the midnight release but I havent gotten very far, maybe a few hours in. I been busy with work and everything but i'll have more time to get on it this weekend. My impressions so far, people werent kidding when they said this game is linear. This is like NES super mario linear. Still though, im liking the game so far. The cutscenes are beautiful, the characters are likeable and the battle system is fresh and fast paced. I wont be able to tell how well it stacks up against the other FF games until I beat it but I like what I see so far for the most part.

Senior Member rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2014 05:35 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lots of bits PSN ID: rf_switch Steam ID: lotsofbits

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuzaki HD View Post
    Language settings have nothing to do with it being on Xbox since the first thing you do on Blue Dragon is chose between English or Japanese also other games like the Naruto games have language settings, I also find it funny how its port to the Xbox is being blamed for Squares shortcomings.
    That's because Square are gods. They can do no wrong.

And Microsoft is the devil...

So as a product of Microsoft it must be the 360's fault.

Member Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch is a name known to all Hollow Lelouch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2010 09:54 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by rf switch View Post
    That's because Square are gods. They can do no wrong.

And Microsoft is the devil...

So as a product of Microsoft it must be the 360's fault.
    lol, this is a joke, right?

as for XIII, I'm loving it so far. The only thing is that the cutscenes creep me out. The graphics are SO DAMN GOOD THAT IT LOOKS REAL AND CREEPS ME OUT!

HOLLOW LELOUCH

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have a feeling we wouldn't have had the Japanese voices either way. From interviews and such the heads at SquareEnix seem to think Americans don't want Japanese voices. So we probably didn't really "lose" the option in the first place.

I haven't played it yet, but I've heard from some media types that a few of the characters are actually better with their English voices..
    I am sorry but they are idiots. I don't wanna sound like an idiot but I have the game...I know the characters....Sazh doesn't sound much like a Black guy, Vanille sounds...not cute..and the list can go on.

You do know Europe always gets their game with ENG subs, but now they didn't.

And why is w-eaboo censored?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuzaki HD View Post
    Language settings have nothing to do with it being on Xbox since the first thing you do on Blue Dragon is chose between English or Japanese also other games like the Naruto games have language settings, I also find it funny how its port to the Xbox is being blamed for Squares shortcomings.
    Sure, but that is because Blue Dragon, Rise of a Ninja(Naruto) and The Broken Bond(Naruto) are exclusives for the Xbox 360. FFXIII was a last minute port, not to mention they had to remodel every single scene, even tho just the lip sync to match up with the English voices...and guess what? Those cut scenes are worth 32GB? If it was dual audio then it's 32Gb of Cut scenes(JPN), 10ishGB of Cut Scenes(ENG)<Lip sync doesn't take that much> 8GB of gameplay..that's a lot of disc there, since they also use over 1GB for piracy protection. But you are right, Square Enix is at fault as well. Europe usually gets games with ENG subs not dubs, but FFXIII isn't.

FFXIII-2 might be confirmed...I guess I have to import...AGAIN....>_>

http://games.schrijversblok.nl/?p=261
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 03-13-2010 at 08:07 AM.

Senior Member rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Lelouch View Post
    lol, this is a joke, right?

as for XIII, I'm loving it so far. The only thing is that the cutscenes creep me out. The graphics are SO DAMN GOOD THAT IT LOOKS REAL AND CREEPS ME OUT!
    Yes...It's a joke. I guess if gaming discussions got a bit more indepth here I'd have more opportunities to mention how much I think Square (and the FF Series) is over-rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Stone View Post
    I am sorry but they are idiots. I don't wanna sound like an idiot but I have the game...I know the characters....Sazh doesn't sound much like a Black guy, Vanille sounds...not cute..and the list can go on.

You do know Europe always gets their game with ENG subs, but now they didn't.

And why is w-eaboo censored?
    How do black guys sound? Were you expecting him to sound like you're stereotypical black guy? Should they have gotten someone who sounds like Barry White or Rick James?

Were you looking for it to be like....?

Europe gets subtitles because they have a larger variety of languages going on there. Square realizes this. Square like many Japanese companies think they "know".

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh, they give the characters a bad impression...like a lot of people who got it in English hates Vanille when you shouldn't since she's adorable.

Honestly, I don't fully blame the Xbox like I said but I really really hope Versus-XIII and that possible XIII-2 are PS3 Exclusives.

Is the bee's knees ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2010 04:55 AM
    Threads

I'm part way through chapter 7 and loving it so far. The music is fantastic. I'm glad it's the same composer that did FFX and not the FFXII guy. I'm not even sure that Nobuo Uematsu could have done a better job with the music in this game. The lack of mini-games and sidequests is a negative, but the battle system is very enjoyable. And the way they've been telling the story has been a nice change from older FF games.

So far, this is shaping up to be my favorite FF game since IX. X was decent. I have to play it again sometime. XII was forgettable, in a word. Story was blah. The music was the worst in the series. But the battle system was great.
    Arm The Citizen
    Deserving Teeth

Wolley makes me things.

SES Member Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2010 04:38 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 3815-8940-4087-6200

How do black guys sound? Were you expecting him to sound like you're stereotypical black guy? Should they have gotten someone who sounds like Barry White or Rick James?

Were you looking for it to be like....?
    No he clearly should like the Cole Train.

Is the bee's knees ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik has a reputation beyond repute ZenErik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

He sounds like a friendly black man to me.

Sorry, not every black guy has to sound like a ghetto thug. Do you want him to rap half his lines too?
    Arm The Citizen
    Deserving Teeth

Wolley makes me things.

SES Member Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

No he just has to say this:

angel in flight poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2010 06:40 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ZenErik View Post
    I'm part way through chapter 7 and loving it so far. The music is fantastic. I'm glad it's the same composer that did FFX and not the FFXII guy. I'm not even sure that Nobuo Uematsu could have done a better job with the music in this game.
    Uematsu didn't compose a single piece in XIII. he skipped over this one to work on XIV. this is the first time in the series that he has had no input in one of the main games. i'm surprised you said you liked the soundtrack. this has actually been one of the more negatively recieved soundtracks in the main installments of Final Fantasy.

getting this game in a little while. too much money needed when i'm not sure if i'll even like the game. the story is said to be a little dull and not as unique as some others. *sighs*

"Thinking of you, where ever you are..."
    Sig by me

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Really? FFXIII OST is getting negative feedback? Serious;y? TT_TT'

Quote Originally Posted by ZenErik View Post
    I'm part way through chapter 7 and loving it so far. The music is fantastic. I'm glad it's the same composer that did FFX and not the FFXII guy. I'm not even sure that Nobuo Uematsu could have done a better job with the music in this game. The lack of mini-games and sidequests is a negative, but the battle system is very enjoyable. And the way they've been telling the story has been a nice change from older FF games.

So far, this is shaping up to be my favorite FF game since IX. X was decent. I have to play it again sometime. XII was forgettable, in a word. Story was blah. The music was the worst in the series. But the battle system was great.
    There's side quest in this game...O_O Wait til' Chapter 11.

Sorry, I guess I said it in a wrong way...In the Japanese version, he sounds more like a Black guy than the english version...and no, he doesn't say Fo Shizzle mah Nizzle of the Hizzle jizzle, that's plain dumb. Really, why would you bring that up?

Serah's accent sucks ***.

Hope sounds so corny I want to smack him in the head..

Snow sounds like a wannabe...-_-

Lightning...ugh...Lightning.

And VANILLE AND FANG, I was so shocked after I heard the English voices.

Well, hopefully you guys are enjoying it since you actually have to live through them. ^.^

But before this goes bad, let's agree to disagree?
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 03-14-2010 at 08:57 AM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by silverwings1415 View Post
    Uematsu didn't compose a single piece in XIII.
    I know that. I said that I don't think Uematsu could have done a better job than the composer for XIII.
    Arm The Citizen
    Deserving Teeth

Wolley makes me things.

Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Oh, they give the characters a bad impression...like a lot of people who got it in English hates Vanille when you shouldn't since she's adorable.

Honestly, I don't fully blame the Xbox like I said but I really really hope Versus-XIII and that possible XIII-2 are PS3 Exclusives.
    I usually find Japanese voiced characters who are supposed to be "adorable" to be quite annoying actually.

Sorry, I guess I said it in a wrong way...In the Japanese version, he sounds more like a Black guy than the english version...and no, he doesn't say Fo Shizzle mah Nizzle of the Hizzle jizzle, that's plain dumb. Really, why would you bring that up?
    Um, is that because he has more bass in his voice in the Japanese version? He was actually voiced by a Black guy in the English version you know...

This Black guy doesn't sound very "black"...

Oh and from what little video i've seen with Serahs english voice I don't notice a bad accent or anything. Does she have an accent in the Japanese version?
    Last edited by rf switch; 03-14-2010 at 06:13 PM.

angel in flight poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Serah's accent sucks ***.

Hope sounds so corny I want to smack him in the head..

Snow sounds like a wannabe...-_-

Lightning...ugh...Lightning.

And VANILLE AND FANG, I was so shocked after I heard the English voices.

Well, hopefully you guys are enjoying it since you actually have to live through them. ^.^

But before this goes bad, let's agree to disagree?
    watched all the trailers and honestly, the voice acting i think is pretty good. lightning's voice actor is spot on for her character type, serah has no accent that i can hear, fang sounds freaking awesome (she's modeled after some indian or indigenous tribe), and vanille's actor fits her well.

XIII is shaping up to be one of the most controversial FFs. nobody seems to agree on anything...

Sig by me

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You know what guys? It's all about taste and how and with what you grew up with, there's nothing I can do to make you think otherwise or there's nothing you can do to make me think otherwise, but to answer your question..no she doesn't.

Silver, I am not ranting on FFXIII..I am ranting on the English dub of FFXIII, I am really loving FFXIII even after the story.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 03-15-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

It's sounding to me like you're some elitist who was going to hate the English dub no matter how good it was.

It needs an English dub here more than it needs the Japanese one.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't wish my drift the thread into an English dub vs Original Japanese, but I will show you just a few demonstration why I ha...despise English dubs(but it also depends on the dubber or what Anime it was dubbed), but you are wrong..I think Darker than Black's dub was alright, I am pretty sure some dubs I do not know are alright as well.

Examples:
    Ouran High School Host Club (Hitachiin Twins):
    +
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

That background music is obviously not part of the Anime. (JPN)
    +
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

English one...and lol how they pronounced Hikaru.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 03-15-2010 at 03:01 PM.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It's sounding to me like you're some elitist who was going to hate the English dub no matter how good it was.

totally agree with you.

btw, saw an AMAZING commercial for XIII. it played "My Hands" and was awesome...

Sig by me

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by silverwings1415 View Post
    totally agree with you.

btw, saw an AMAZING commercial for XIII. it played "My Hands" and was awesome...
    I am done discussing about it after this post..I am just amazed. When are you getting the game? and if you already have it, what chapter are you on?

WOOT! I got the Superstar trophy!!
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 03-15-2010 at 03:11 PM.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I am done discussing about it after this post..I am just amazed. When are you getting the game? and if you already have it, what chapter are you on?

WOOT! I got the Superstar trophy!!
    So-rry. just thought i'd inform people on a thread about the game that there was a commercial.

just because you thought the song wasn't good doesn't mean you can rain on anyone else's parade. yes, getting the game this friday.

done with this thread. FF XIII deserves much more than this...

Sig by me

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Alrighty, not liking the English Theme for it is a whoooole different story....I mean, I seen a lot of hate for that English theme even from the people who liked the English dub, but if you like it then that's fine and that's your business.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

From those video comparisons I think your right.

AF's Danish Guy Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Spinning Beach Ball Doom Gir Be Mine
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2013 06:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Is it just me or does Vanille have a british accent D: And I'm stuck on last boss in Chapter 9 Dx damn Primarch D:

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dryaxx View Post
    Is it just me or does Vanille have a british accent D: And I'm stuck on last boss in Chapter 9 Dx damn Primarch D:
    Are you using Defender Healer Healer?

I don't know the English names for the roles but I will name them by color.

Yellow Green Green.

You are not alone, Dysley aka The Pope gave a hard time as well.

I forgot if it works or not but make sure to Jam(Silver one) a lot with both Fang and Vanille.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 03-15-2010 at 03:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information