AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My first attempt of making a serious wallpaper!

Kimberly makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2010 04:08 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default My first attempt of making a serious wallpaper!

Well, I've made wallpapers before, but it was before I realized that renders are way easier to use, yea I know, I'm slow.

This is the first serious one I've tried making, and it's also my first time using brushes and renders, so tell me what you think!! :]

[I have made a few more since this one]

Shito Tachibana from Zombie Loan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	shito.jpg‎
Views:	138
Size:	422.6 KB
ID:	27795  
    Click my Shadow Lugia~ You know you want to~

Member tswarthog has a brilliant future tswarthog has a brilliant future tswarthog has a brilliant future tswarthog has a brilliant future tswarthog has a brilliant future tswarthog has a brilliant future tswarthog has a brilliant future tswarthog has a brilliant future tswarthog has a brilliant future tswarthog has a brilliant future tswarthog has a brilliant future tswarthog's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 08:04 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Pretty good for a first, however avoid using mono color in wallpapers. Another thing that is needed is that "wow" factor, something to catch the eyes and really make it stand out.

Keep going at it man.

The Anime HQ is now working with Anime aXcess, come check out our combined effort by clicking the signature above.

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

pretty cool, i like the bold colouring

Kimberly makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tswarthog View Post
    Pretty good for a first, however avoid using mono color in wallpapers. Another thing that is needed is that "wow" factor, something to catch the eyes and really make it stand out.

Keep going at it man.
    Thanks! :] I'll keep that in mind!

º Go┼hic Queen º WinterFall has a reputation beyond repute WinterFall has a reputation beyond repute WinterFall has a reputation beyond repute WinterFall has a reputation beyond repute WinterFall has a reputation beyond repute WinterFall has a reputation beyond repute WinterFall has a reputation beyond repute WinterFall has a reputation beyond repute WinterFall has a reputation beyond repute WinterFall has a reputation beyond repute WinterFall has a reputation beyond repute WinterFall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-19-2010 09:43 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

hi there! i think you are heading the right direction (for doing this the first time seriously). a few unsolicited advice though:
    - avoid the formulaic wallpaper idea of putting the focal image at the forefront and then incorporating the same (or similar) image at the background, throwing an effect or two (usually enlarged and blurred) to make it different. i have seen it done in too many wallpapers already it's beginning to become a cliche.
    - try to add character to your walls. i dont mean an anime character (lol) but rather add elements that pronounce your creation as an extension of your personality as an artist or the personality of your chosen subject. a good example is this. the theme is simple, but the personality of ichigo, and the capability of the artist clearly reflects in the wallpaper.
    - a previous poster said it right, do add a few more wow factor. it's good to approach the simplistic theme, and this and this are some examples of adding a bit more to transform a wallpaper from good to interesting.

i hope these helps. ive been a newbie too, and a lot of times i still consider myself to be one. keep up the good work!

-WinterFall

Let the beauty we love be what we do. ~Rumi ~

sometimes known as ladyjura. but please keep it to yourself.

Thank you for the support! <3

Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinterFall View Post
    hi there! i think you are heading the right direction (for doing this the first time seriously). a few unsolicited advice though:
    - avoid the formulaic wallpaper idea of putting the focal image at the forefront and then incorporating the same (or similar) image at the background, throwing an effect or two (usually enlarged and blurred) to make it different. i have seen it done in too many wallpapers already it's beginning to become a cliche.
    - try to add character to your walls. i dont mean an anime character (lol) but rather add elements that pronounce your creation as an extension of your personality as an artist or the personality of your chosen subject. a good example is this. the theme is simple, but the personality of ichigo, and the capability of the artist clearly reflects in the wallpaper.
    - a previous poster said it right, do add a few more wow factor. it's good to approach the simplistic theme, and this and this are some examples of adding a bit more to transform a wallpaper from good to interesting.

i hope these helps. ive been a newbie too, and a lot of times i still consider myself to be one. keep up the good work!

-WinterFall
    Thanks for all the advice! I will try and work on that, I need to get a better computer if I want to get serious with it though. I can't do a lot on this computer because it's so slow, I could do it on this computer, but I'm too short-tempered for this computer!

My most recent wallpaper I did is so simple it's not even funny! I got tired of it and stopped it before I was done...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dark ichigo.jpg‎
Views:	66
Size:	314.2 KB
ID:	27819  

Junior Member apfmh is just really nice apfmh is just really nice apfmh is just really nice apfmh is just really nice apfmh's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-16-2010 03:24 AM
    Threads

I like it ! simple but nice

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information