AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why did you watch eva

Senior Member Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2014 06:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Why did you watch eva

Why did you watch Neon genesis Evangelion.
    I was jst watching randam anime and i can across it and liked it.

Senior Member Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2014 01:55 AM
    Threads

It was already being trumpeted upon it's release in the states. Back in those days I sometimes took a chance on a show and bought tapes as they were released.

I personally was happy with the decision. There are plenty of other shows I bought back then, that are no longer talked about like this series. I have since bought it in two other releases. The first DVD and now the platinum version (it was on sale)
    I have yet to pick up the Funi-release of 1.0 movie.
    Sure Wish I had a little dvd player on my forklift at work... no, wait, that would be dangerous.

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2010 11:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I watched Eva because everybody and their mom watched Eva and it just seemed like "Your otaku lifestyle is incomplete unless you watch Eva!!" XD
    I saw the fanparody "ReDeath" before finishing Eva. That was.....interesting. XD It's a lot funnier now that I got to know everybody. All they do is make fun of the characters. XD

Member foryouranime is on a distinguished road foryouranime's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-20-2010 05:52 AM
    Threads

I watched Eva back when I was first into anime and was watching ANYTHING. It was really popular at the time, but I didn't like it ^_^; It took me a long while to warm up to it.

Junior Member teeronline is on a distinguished road teeronline's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2010 08:53 AM
    Threads

there'r plenty reasons for it, #1 for me was probably the concept, i was blew away when I was told the robots were practically human beings inside, it wasn't gears and machinery but blood and muscles within the metaloid armour. it just seem so sick to me at the time being. Shinji was wimp, thats probably another reason not really a conventional type hero I guess that stands out from other shows. Rei was like man's cigerette, specially in 1.0 my god it had my nose bleedin.

Overall its must see if you had not

Senior Member Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras has a reputation beyond repute Käras's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2010 11:12 AM
    Threads

I originally watched it because of all the hype it got. I kept hearing about it over and over, and I after talking my dad into getting netflix was I finally able to see it. But overall, I didn't like it. I hate whiny characters like shinji, that are just too emotionally, useally for what seems to me, no reason. And those scenes where they show the same thing for like 5 min seriously got on my nerves. But there was many good parts, but it still wasn't something I liked. If that 1.0 is better, ill definatly see about watching it again. Everything deserves a second chance. (except Gantz...)
    Signature made by: Hakuchuumu
    TYVM!
    Originally Posted by Bandaid X
    Ell Oohh Elll?

You typed a 9-paragraph post to uhm... not disagree with anyone?

Welcome to the interwebz! ^^

CUZ I R SPESHELS!!!

Senior Member The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2011 08:57 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: goku100107

I started watching it Last Summer(because of hype).I watched the first two episodes.I could not take Shinji being in that Anime,so I quit.

8. Likes Immoral liked this post
    Junior Member teeronline is on a distinguished road teeronline's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2010 08:53 AM
    Threads

well if you dont like the show save yourself time 1.0 is practically the same but digitally remastered the plot remains same

it's obviously Gainax was playing the odd when they decided to make NGE, it wasnt meant to be conventional how many heros in animation shows gave you whiny hero? close to zero, but thats exactly what NGE was about, proved to the world it could work that heros r not necessary always cut out and brave and fearless by nature, its fate that chooses hero but not the hero resume himself in, this show is just that kindda typical example when the world just needed the little fate happening on whiny Shinji who also hated to work for his father who only love his btch and treated him like a dog on road. at the end he save the world (well.. per se!) and last time i check we still give credentials to its-not-who-you-are-but-what-you-do-define-yourself, right? so regardless hes wimp he still the person save the world, the end.

the biblical referencing in this anime was awesome too btw

/v|;/|/|) `|`}{;(-'/-'' daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2011 05:13 AM
    Threads

The coolest girl that went to my middle school wore a NERV logo t-shirt, so I asked her what that was all about, and yeah...
    SMILE!

11. Likes Volta liked this post
    Junior Member apfmh is just really nice apfmh is just really nice apfmh is just really nice apfmh is just really nice apfmh's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-16-2010 03:24 AM
    Threads

I just started watching it [i think im 5 eps on] and i started watching it a while ago on youtube but stopped for some reason, i can't remember how it got my attention, but i love it! I usuallyy like the more supernatural anime's than the big machines and robots, but i really love eva! it's done so well, and has quite a deep emotionality to it as well, perhaps why i like it so!

Senior Member -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Batmobile Animated Eggplant Gabumon
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2012 02:30 PM
    Threads

I watched eva because I saw the eva vids at the video store. I thought the song was good anyway. I stopped at episode 5 because he was a dufous. But I do get the underdog thing. Does it get better?
    Last edited by -Ro-; 09-12-2010 at 04:26 PM. Reason: spam removed
    After more research it was determined that 2012 was the end of twinkies.

Junior Member AnimeFreak741 has a brilliant future AnimeFreak741 has a brilliant future AnimeFreak741 has a brilliant future AnimeFreak741 has a brilliant future AnimeFreak741 has a brilliant future AnimeFreak741 has a brilliant future AnimeFreak741 has a brilliant future AnimeFreak741 has a brilliant future AnimeFreak741 has a brilliant future AnimeFreak741 has a brilliant future AnimeFreak741 has a brilliant future AnimeFreak741's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 09:46 PM
    Threads

I just watched it because my brother said it was badass and I ended up liking it.

Junior Member alexis1 is on a distinguished road alexis1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2010 06:53 AM
    Threads

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
    I started watching it Last Summer(because of hype).I watched the first two episodes.I could not take Shinji being in that Anime,so I quit.

but me I've started watching last year, I found out that it was an awesome movie.

Senior Member MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy has a reputation beyond repute MangaFanGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2010 09:07 PM
    Threads

I watched having had all kinds of people tell me it was awesome/greatest ever/must watch etc
    And I hated it
    Holy Hellllll did Shinji annoy the living heck outta me

So I stopped
    A friend of mine on anouther site told me to stick with it past the initial episodes as it gets better
    this coincided with me finding a cheap copy of 1.0
    So I watched that (Some of the more whiny Shinji bits are not present I swear) and sorta went ok i'll give it a second shot

I watched the whole series this time
    Beginning: Shinji annoys
    Middle: Actually found myself enjoying it as Shinji gets less annoying overall and the other characters arrive and start to gel
    End: WTF?? What happened to the end?

Got annoyed
    but was told to watch the End of Evangelion movie
    End of Evangelion: Good finally get more out of the end but Shinji was just annoying again

Senior Member The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2011 08:57 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: goku100107

Quote Originally Posted by alexis1 View Post
    but me I've started watching last year, I found out that it was an awesome movie.
    If the movie is any different I will probably give it a try.

Senior Member Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate_Go_Nagai_Fan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2010 04:23 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Why did you watch eva

I've seen it once, never going to watch it again. It was a good series, but I hated almost all the characters by the end, and to me, the message was stupid and applies more to a people with conceited personalities.

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2014 01:08 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

I first heard about NGE in high school when it was still in Japan. I knew it had a growing fanbase but didnt know much until it came to the US on AdultSwim. I watched it just like I would watch every other series on AS. I watched out of interest. It was really well done; up to the end episode anyways. At least the alternate movie had a more understanding and exceptable ending.

Ellxeeva's Minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2014 11:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

I watched it because my brother said it was awesome, even though he didn't understand any of it.
    If Minecraft had a Japanese intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=H5qFZjuKet4

|Set made by Neukifly|

Super Saiyan Dango

桜流し
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Hello Kitty Neko Tv Bonsai Tree
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-24-2014 04:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aozorapen

Quote Originally Posted by ΣSD View Post
    I watched it because my brother said it was awesome, even though he didn't understand any of it.
    It is a little hard to understand at first. Like Adam and Lilith.

I happened to catch 1.0 on a local TV channel, then I thought: 'This is awesome.' But that was still pretty random. So I was in band when I wrote 'Evangelion!!!' in katakana on a list of warm-ups, it got passed around and then discovered by another Eva-loving member. 2.0 just happened to come into cinemas at the time, so we caught it together and she started talking about the original series, which I Had Not Watched. I guess it interested me, so a few months ago on a trip to Malaysia I happen to see the Eva series. So I bought it, and watched it. I don't regret it at all. Shinji's...spinelessness, you may call it, is accountable for.

As for the movies, they combined all the series, I guess. The quality of the animation is definitely better, and the characters are probably more cheerful. Minor quibble. They changed Asuka's last name.

「そんな顔をしないで。また会えるよ、シンジ君」
    ---

もう二度と会えないなんて信じられない
    まだ何も伝えてない
    まだ何も伝えてない

I'm sorry (not) sorry.

Junior Member Ads is on a distinguished road Ads's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2010 12:12 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AdsAy1

Saw it years ago on local TV though it was good.
    And yeah shinji is a whimp, seriously dude the babes love you, just save the world and get a girl

I have enjoyed teknoman and vandread better but this is still good.

Senior Member Knightmare has a reputation beyond repute Knightmare has a reputation beyond repute Knightmare has a reputation beyond repute Knightmare has a reputation beyond repute Knightmare has a reputation beyond repute Knightmare has a reputation beyond repute Knightmare has a reputation beyond repute Knightmare has a reputation beyond repute Knightmare has a reputation beyond repute Knightmare has a reputation beyond repute Knightmare has a reputation beyond repute Knightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-05-2012 06:19 PM
    Threads

I watched it because of the Hype surrounding it and enjoyed it. I think it was over hyped IMO sure it was unique but the ending was just crazy.
    In seeking wisdom thou art wise; in imagining that thou hast attained it - thou art a fool. - Lord Chesterfield

Member Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2010 06:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Linkax9 XFIRE ID: linkax Steam ID: Linkax9

I watched eva because i like mecha anime, then when i watched i thought it had a interesting story

Member Bisoux has a reputation beyond repute Bisoux has a reputation beyond repute Bisoux has a reputation beyond repute Bisoux has a reputation beyond repute Bisoux has a reputation beyond repute Bisoux has a reputation beyond repute Bisoux has a reputation beyond repute Bisoux has a reputation beyond repute Bisoux has a reputation beyond repute Bisoux has a reputation beyond repute Bisoux has a reputation beyond repute Bisoux's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Paint Palette
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-25-2010 07:26 PM
    Threads

My teacher made a list of recommended anime and NGE happened to be on it.

Senior Member Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2012 01:51 AM
    Most likely some where eating an orange or drinking Dr Pepper.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Throughout the time I watched it, I never even knew its name because, coinicidentally, I always missed the opening. But I watched it because it was Mecha, and it was something to do on a Saturday.
    you're horribly facinating.

Junior Member Panda-chan31 has a reputation beyond repute Panda-chan31 has a reputation beyond repute Panda-chan31 has a reputation beyond repute Panda-chan31 has a reputation beyond repute Panda-chan31 has a reputation beyond repute Panda-chan31 has a reputation beyond repute Panda-chan31 has a reputation beyond repute Panda-chan31 has a reputation beyond repute Panda-chan31 has a reputation beyond repute Panda-chan31 has a reputation beyond repute Panda-chan31 has a reputation beyond repute Panda-chan31's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2010 12:31 PM
    Threads

My former anime guru knew what type of animes I liked better then I knew myself back then, so he suggested that I watch it. He also told me to pay close attention, as back then I had a hard time grasping the real concept of the anime.

Still not sure if I fully understand it, but then again I haven't watched the series in a long time. But it still holds as a favorite of mine. Even if some of the characters are irritating beyond belief.

Still waiting on the live action movie though. I keep hearing rumors, and I hear it's finally in production now... I hope so.
    Tender lumplings everywhere....
    ....Life's no fun without a good scare.

Northern Arizona's first official convention.
    Come join us!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information