AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Winter Olympics

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Cool Winter Olympics

Well, as I can't seem to find a thread about the games (and who wouldn't be talking about it?), I'll start.
    I admit to having a slight addiction to these things. For 16 days, I try to revolve as much of my schedule around the various events that I'm most interested in viewing.

What do you think of the accident that marred the start of the games (with the Georgian's death on the Luge)?

What events are you most interested in?
    As for me, I'm very much into the Biathalon, the skating (short track, long track, & figure) and the Curling

Are you keeping track of the medal count (Switzerland took the first gold of the games)?

Did you catch the Koreans taking each other out during the short track medal race? (that was too funny. It allowed the 2 Americans to finsh 2nd & 3rd instead of an all Korean sweep).

Surely, I can't be the only one interested in these games.
    Talk to me!!
    (just note, I will be watching the games which will delay replies from me. :-p)
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Resident Japanese Girl
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2014 01:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

I love the Olympics!! I thought the opening ceremony was fantastic. I didn't even notice that there was a malfunction during the lighting of the torch.

And about the accident, it was just that; an accident. And I feel very sorry for the Georgian team and I wish them the best of luck. I was very shocked that the footage of his actual death was aired on American TV. To me, it just seemed rather morbid and distasteful. That is just my opinion, though.

I will definitely watch the figure skating (although, since we don't have cable, I probably won't get to see the pairs and most of the ice dance). And I'll watch snowboarding, and possibly speed skating and bobsled (if it airs here).

And I've already seen the women's freestyle skiing.

Go Japan!!
    ELPHABA LIVES!!

Blizzard's #1 Forum Rat Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Nachos
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2011 08:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I love the summer Olympics more than the winter one for some reason

And I just saw the CNN video of that Georgian luger guy who got

tossed into those poles.
    . May he rest in paradise. It sucks to lose a life like that. What makes me even angry is that a guy before him did the trial runs and got injured and the IOC didn't do squat about it! And they had to wait for a guy to die in order to fix it? Unbelievable sis.

The opening ceremony put me to sleep.
    Hands down China blew me away with their opening ceremony back in 2008.

For this winter olympics I will be watching the Figure Skating and Ski Jumping.
    the lovely miss keri hilson - - -

Not taking any sig/av request - - -

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I hate the Olympics. So I spend the duration randomly informing people that the Nazis invented televised sports and like half of the Olympic traditions (including the torch-thing).

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    Threads

Even though most of them are fun to take part in, the winter sports are boring to watch. Then again, most of all sports ever created are boring to watch, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 12:07 AM
    Threads

Short track last night was... awesome. Just awesome. Korea had the podium clenched and screwed up the last turn and wiped two of their own out. They still got a gold, but the US took silver and bronze.

Bad Memory

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Short track was awesome last night.
    Though there were far too many false starts.

I think the reason I really enjoy watching everything is I can't do any of it.
    I don't ski. Skating is impossible for me (weak ankles). Snowboarding would be a hazard for me. Combining skiing and shooting would be more hazardous.
    (bye-bye spectators...sorry...accident ^^;.
    Plus, I'm not very keen on the cold.

I'm looking forward to watching the figure skating tonight.
    But for later today...it's the Biathalon! Woot!

Anime-Tron

Siggy by DPBM

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 12:07 AM
    Threads

The King of the Biathalon misses two while prone. Now that Norway's in trouble it gets interesting.

Bad Memory

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i always thought a three legged slalem/ ski-jump would be pretty cool, i know this is off topic but hey

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

"Jah! I vant to dhress up like a shperm, und go balls-front down a zlide, vearing ein ridiculouz helmet covered vith adds!"
    I'm sure Hitler is cheering for them, somewhere in Heaven...

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Gil
    Ornery
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hooray!! Canada saw it's first gold medal!!
    The men's moguls was great to watch (at least, for me!).
    How these people can walk around after doing the moguls is amazing. I'd think their knees would be done in by it.
    But happily, Canada's Alexandre Bilodeau was able to take the gold.
    Followed by Australia's (well, skiing for Australia) Dale Begg-Smith and Bryon Wilson for the US.
    The US is now up to 6 medals (at the time of this), followed by Germany with 4.

I bit sad and disappointed about the Men's 10km Biathalon Sprint today. That weather was crazy! Snow and rain and then sporadic sunshine did a lot to make things difficult for those who didn't start early. I'm most disappointed with the US....never going to take a medal in this sport, are they?
    Though congrats to Vincent Jay (France-Gold), Emil Hegle Svendsen (Norway-Silver), & Jakov Fak (Croatia-Bronze).

Anime-Tron

Siggy by DPBM

Blizzard's #1 Forum Rat Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta has a reputation beyond repute Vyndrasta's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Nachos
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I thought North Korea has 2nd place in medals now?
    let me check the stats.

*runs off*

angel in flight poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2010 06:40 PM
    Threads

the olympics are hit or miss for me. i was really into the summer olympics and stayed up late to watch the swimming and gymnastics and kept up with the medal count.

this time neh. i might watch the hockey because i love hockey and maybe some skiing, but the winter olympics just aren't as exciting as the summer olympics for some reason. they seem more boring...

"Thinking of you, where ever you are..."
    Sig by me

Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Nachos
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Women playing hockey = BRUTAL. @_@
    They play more nastier than men!
    What's up with that?

angel in flight poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra has a reputation beyond repute poshyterra's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2010 06:40 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndrasta View Post
    Women playing hockey = BRUTAL. @_@
    They play more nastier than men!
    What's up with that?
    we fight to the death in hockey. when we play it in gym class, there's always a girl who gets her nose smashed against a wall or hand beat with a stick. we beat the crap out of each other with sticks to get the puck. the guys are afraid to play with us because we kill each other...

and i don't watch women play hockey. only men for some reason. i'm rooting for america in the olympic hockey games!

"Thinking of you, where ever you are..."
    Sig by me

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie has a reputation beyond repute tenzo_groupie's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2010 09:49 PM
    Threads

I was wondering when someone was gonna start a Winter Olympics thread.

I really enjoyed watching the Opening Ceremony. One of the best I've seen since Sydney 2000. (LOL, of course I'd say that being an Aussie)
    It's funny that I knew who Wayne Gretzky though. Coming from a country that is definitely not a hockey nation.

Myrra was right though, the Men's Mogul was exciting to watch. I was hoping that a Canadian was gonna win.

Canada has my full support for Gold in the Hockey.

~Thanks to Paprika for the awesome sig. ~

Resident Japanese Girl
    suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Yay!! Japan won their first medals (silver and bronze) in the men's speed skating!!

I can't wait for the men's figure skating tomorrow!

I personally like the Winter Olympics better than the Summer Olympics (although my love for figure skating plays a large part in that). The only thing I really watch in the Summer Olympics are the Gymnastics, Judo, and the Synchronised Swimming. Whereas I watch practically anything in the Winter Olympics (besides the cross country stuff).
    ELPHABA LIVES!!

Gil
    Ornery
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I thought North Korea has 2nd place in medals now?
    let me check the stats.

*runs off*
    North Korea doesn't even participate. Just South Korea, bro.

Anyway, moving along to the results of yesterday's activities.
    Cross Country Skiing, Women's 10km free had Sweden's Kalla taking gold followed by Estonia's Smigun-Vaehi with silver and Norway's Marit Bjoergen with Bronze.

In the Men's 15km free- we have the Swiss (Cologna) taking gold and Italy (Piller Cottrer) taking Silver and the Czech Republic (Bauer) taking the bronze.

I have to say, I did fall asleep watching that....and it was the middle of the afternoon for me! That is quite dull to watch.

My favourite event of the day was last night's Pairs Figure skating. I'm so excited that Shen & Zhao won the gold.
    Though admittedly, I felt bad that the Russians ended up with Bronze. Russia is usually so good at this. But there were many falls and stumbles last night. Too many for an Olympic event. But oh, well.

And lest, I be late for work, that ends my update!
    Anime-Tron

Siggy by DPBM

Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Nachos
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I mean the south. LOL.
    Thanks for catching that Rayeeeeeee. =P

And don't expect me to get in the ring with a bunch of women.
    I now refuse to play hockey with a woman. I might not even live another day. xD

Resident Japanese Girl
    Gil
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Myrra View Post

Though admittedly, I felt bad that the Russians ended up with Bronze. Russia is usually so good at this. But there were many falls and stumbles last night. Too many for an Olympic event. But oh, well.
    Germany was third. Russia was fourth. =P

I feel a bit sorry for the Russian pair as well. It seems like Yuko Kavaguti really wanted to go for the quad throw jump, but their coach said no. But she wanted to try it so bad that she couldn't quite get it out of her head, and that caused her to mess up on the first throw jump.

I only hope that people don't blame her (and just her) for the fact that Russia didn't manage to get a medal.
    ELPHABA LIVES!!

Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Nachos
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

...I don't understand curling.
    I've sat down and watched the womens curling against Finland and...I just done get it. It's a mixture of sweeping my kitchen floor + billiards.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

...I don't understand curling.
    I've sat down and watched the womens curling against Finland and...I just done get it. It's a mixture of sweeping my kitchen floor + billiards.
    Eh? It's like the only enjoyable Olympic sport. It's so calm and civilized.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2016 11:02 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Hm the Winter Olympics huh, just like the regular Olympics, I know everything about every event, despite the fact I only turned on the Ice Ballet when i was bored and it is the only time watching 17 year old Russian girls in tutu's is acceptable.

Anyway I can't say I've really paid all that much attention to the WO's and also haven't found the time to care about it.

But remember people, i just watch it when I'm bored so I know everything about every event/sport taking place.

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Nachos
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Those commentators were just off topic when they try to explain the sport. Get's annoying. So I just had to google it up. xD
    Last edited by Vyndrasta; 02-18-2010 at 12:03 AM.

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well sports has never been my prime interest and this is no different but I like watching anything in these games that has to do with running and swimming. I really do not know why I just like it, it is fun watching ppl move fast and both running and swimming are two types of races where you gotta move fast.
    Gero Server Guru

Closed Thread

Thread Information