AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: fullmetal alchemist's brotherhood on [adult swim]!!!!!

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2013 08:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    What Gjallarhorn is saying is that some people hate dubs for the simple fact that they are EXTREMELY obsessed anime fans, wannabe Japanese that think that listening to the Japanese version is the only way to watch anime because that is the "pure" way. These people are more than obsessed with Japanese culture and try to emulate it as much as possible (even though they are far from being close).

The majority of these anime fans are people who like eat instant ramen and grocery store sushi and declare that they like Japanese food. These are also the people who declare that they know Japanese when their vocabulary doesn't extend beyond "baka", "ohayo", "ramen" and "kuso" (and use those words in everyday conversation) and, despite their love of the Japanese language, will pronounce the very few words they know wrong.
    Pretty much this, but I mean it in a way as to insult those who think Japanese dubs are always better than English dubs.

And I say "pseudo", because a real purist would simply stick with manga.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

#1Innovator xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2010 02:33 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    Pretty much this, but I mean it in a way as to insult those who think Japanese dubs are always better than English dubs.

I do watch Japanese anime more often, but that's because it's easier to find. I usually watch it online, then buy the DVDs after I finish it unless it's on TV. I find that alot of subs are a bit better, but people who hate dubs for being dubs are just posers.
    " I am death and sorrow." -Acheron

Take the quizz here!
    http://quizilla.teennick.com/quizzes...eister-are-you

Junior Member xBlack_Winged_Angelx is on a distinguished road xBlack_Winged_Angelx's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2010 04:36 PM
    Threads

I saw the new FMA and i thought everything was werid.. i wasnt happy about the differences and Ed has a new vioce man made me sad i love Ed and plus the coloring and stuff was werid, lighter than before..

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2013 08:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Ed has the same voice actor, it's Al who has a different one. Al's former voice actor simply sounds too feminine now to voice a young boy.

As for the colors, it's to better fit the coloring of the manga, I think. The lighter blond and lighter-colored military uniforms look closer to the original designs.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

#1Innovator xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX has a reputation beyond repute xXPainful SmilexX's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2010 02:33 PM
    Threads

Ed has the same voice actor, it's Al who has a different one. Al's former voice actor simply sounds too feminine now to voice a young boy.

As for the colors, it's to better fit the coloring of the manga, I think. The lighter blond and lighter-colored military uniforms look closer to the original designs.
    Former as in the old one? If so, what?

I don't like the new colors either. But I never read the manga of FMA so....
    " I am death and sorrow." -Acheron

Take the quizz here!
    http://quizilla.teennick.com/quizzes...eister-are-you

Senior Member Misterex has a reputation beyond repute Misterex has a reputation beyond repute Misterex has a reputation beyond repute Misterex has a reputation beyond repute Misterex has a reputation beyond repute Misterex has a reputation beyond repute Misterex has a reputation beyond repute Misterex has a reputation beyond repute Misterex has a reputation beyond repute Misterex has a reputation beyond repute Misterex has a reputation beyond repute Misterex's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts One Piece Flag Full Moon Electric Guitar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2012 09:20 AM
    Threads

thanks for the info

i really dont think that one is better then the other i think that what ever the voice acter is its fine with me.. :I

sig' by .Elmer
    ''got it memorised?''

Anyone have MW3 for Wii? Add me if you want 1165-0953-1238 XD

My heart will go on PoeticIrony has a reputation beyond repute PoeticIrony has a reputation beyond repute PoeticIrony has a reputation beyond repute PoeticIrony has a reputation beyond repute PoeticIrony has a reputation beyond repute PoeticIrony has a reputation beyond repute PoeticIrony has a reputation beyond repute PoeticIrony has a reputation beyond repute PoeticIrony has a reputation beyond repute PoeticIrony has a reputation beyond repute PoeticIrony has a reputation beyond repute PoeticIrony's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 06:35 PM
    Threads

Omg, I was terrified when I knew Al's voice wasn't going to be the same.
    o: But watching it, I was so relieved, it wasn't at all that bad.
    I do miss his old voice though. :[
    But this one, like I said, itsn't so bad. :]
    But, Ed's overly blond hair, is kind of overwhelming, lmao.

All sig images displayed, are 100% made by me.

Cardinal of Eden Vital Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2011 05:18 PM
    Threads

I don't like Scar's new voice very much....
    I really can't wait for them to get past the episodes I've already seen. You know, the ones in the old anime.

I have recently transformed into a defender of the mentally ill. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

El Dementia The Truth in Blue has a reputation beyond repute The Truth in Blue has a reputation beyond repute The Truth in Blue has a reputation beyond repute The Truth in Blue has a reputation beyond repute The Truth in Blue has a reputation beyond repute The Truth in Blue has a reputation beyond repute The Truth in Blue has a reputation beyond repute The Truth in Blue has a reputation beyond repute The Truth in Blue has a reputation beyond repute The Truth in Blue has a reputation beyond repute The Truth in Blue has a reputation beyond repute The Truth in Blue's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2010 05:32 PM
    Threads

Al's former voice actor simply sounds too masculine now to voice a young boy.
    Fix'd.

Cardinal of Eden Vital Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia has a reputation beyond repute Rolo Vi Britannia's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2011 05:18 PM
    Threads

@The Truth in Blue
    Thanks.

I have recently transformed into a defender of the mentally ill. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Junior Member fullmetalpwnage is on a distinguished road fullmetalpwnage's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2010 08:07 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    What Gjallarhorn is saying is that some people hate dubs for the simple fact that they are EXTREMELY obsessed anime fans, wannabe Japanese that think that listening to the Japanese version is the only way to watch anime because that is the "pure" way. These people are more than obsessed with Japanese culture and try to emulate it as much as possible (even though they are far from being close).

The majority of these anime fans are people who like eat instant ramen and grocery store sushi and declare that they like Japanese food. These are also the people who declare that they know Japanese when their vocabulary doesn't extend beyond "baka", "ohayo", "ramen" and "kuso" (and use those words in everyday conversation) and, despite their love of the Japanese language, will pronounce the very few words they know wrong.
    GOOD POST!!! I got used to Ed, and Roy, and everybody in their English voices...watching the Japanese version is plain weird to me. I hear Ed talk and I'm like "Erm...who are you?" lol

Moderator / Chat Admin Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2013 05:06 PM
    Threads

There are some anime that I prefer the English dub for, but the majority I prefer the Japanese voices after watching both. This has nothing to do with being Wannabe Japanese and everything to do with the way that the entire show changes from one version to the other. It's literally like watching two different shows. By extension, one of the voices ends up feeling out of place and detached from the character - usually the English voice since something is lost in every translation (From Manga to Anime, then from Japan to America). Especially when you consider things like the way lines will get rewritten because they have to match the number of syllables used. "Localization" is a fine and noble goal, but if I wanted to watch an American cartoon I'd be doing that.

And as I hinted at before, it can depend on how well both versions were directed and recorded. I can't watch Record of Lodoss War in Japanese, but I can't watch Slayers in English. In either case one version literally offends my ears, and that is an equal opportunity failure. You can't even compare the English and Japanese versions of Sailor Moon, or practically anything that was brought to America before 2002 for that matter. I'm sure this may have changed more recently from what I've seen, but I barely have time to watch an anime once these days, much less watch them twice just so I can play critic, so I stick to what I'm familiar with.

Also, some people are just too impatient to WAIT for English dubs.

AnimeGlobe.com Editor
    :: Supernatural Anime Forum Mod :: Senior Chat Admin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information