AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Your dream super group

Member Konichi-Wah? has a reputation beyond repute Konichi-Wah? has a reputation beyond repute Konichi-Wah? has a reputation beyond repute Konichi-Wah? has a reputation beyond repute Konichi-Wah? has a reputation beyond repute Konichi-Wah? has a reputation beyond repute Konichi-Wah? has a reputation beyond repute Konichi-Wah? has a reputation beyond repute Konichi-Wah? has a reputation beyond repute Konichi-Wah? has a reputation beyond repute Konichi-Wah? has a reputation beyond repute Konichi-Wah?'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2010 04:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Your dream super group

What is your dream Japanese supergroup?

Mine is:
    Vocals: Kyo (Dir En Grey)
    Drums: Tomoharu "Gian" Ito (Electric Eel Shock
    Guitar: Miyavi
    Bass: Takeshi Ueda (The Mad Capsule Markets)
    Believe it!!

Senior Member Riot11 is infamous around these parts Riot11 is infamous around these parts Riot11 is infamous around these parts Riot11 is infamous around these parts Riot11 is infamous around these parts Riot11 is infamous around these parts Riot11 is infamous around these parts Riot11 is infamous around these parts Riot11 is infamous around these parts Riot11 is infamous around these parts Riot11 is infamous around these parts Riot11's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-01-2010 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: i aint gots one

i hate super groups. They are never as good as the original bands and there just a big let down.

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 01:53 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Riot11 View Post
    i hate super groups. They are never as good as the original bands and there just a big let down.
    This. When you form a band, none of you are special or anything, so you make decisions together. When you form a supergroup, however, you're a bunch of rock stars who respect each other's reputations, and therefore trust each other's judgment. Therefore, when one member decides to do something "original", which is actually incredibly stupid, the other members go with it, even if they don't like it, so in an attempt to combine their strengths, they tend to combine their weaknesses instead.

The only supergroups I know that this didn't seem to affect (so far) are Slaughterhouse and Tomahawk.

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 08:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

Quote Originally Posted by 3pleT View Post
    The only supergroups I know that this didn't seem to affect (so far) are Slaughterhouse and Tomahawk.
    You forgot Frost*. Easily the best supergroup I've heard. Even one of the best bands I've heard.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 01:53 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by miniPhil View Post
    You forgot Frost*. Easily the best supergroup I've heard. Even one of the best bands I've heard.
    Not really. One thing is true, they manage to avoid many flaws of neo-prog (lack of experimentation, uninspired solos, etc.), but they replace them with their own flaws instead. They're not a bad band (compared to the rest of the neo-prog "scene"), but they're also not above putting their individual flaws in the band's collective sound.

Member BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2010 12:59 PM
    Threads

My dream super group?

Davey Havok (Vocalist of AFI)
    Virus (Lead Guitarist of Dope)
    WiL Francis (Vocalist/Rhythm Guitarist of Aiden)
    Bootsy Collins (Bassist of Parliament)
    Travis Barker (Drummer of Blink-182)
    Paul Shaffer (Keyboardist of David Letterman's show)

Band: The Mashups
    Genre: Hardcore Punk

Random AFI Quote: Oh My God, My God this can't be happening, God tell me, tell me this isn't real -A Single Second

Random Aiden Quote: I won't teach her to lie or make a plan. That clairvoyant stare and grin.God won't forgive me for this I know. -We Sleep Forever

Member Konichi-Wah? has a reputation beyond repute Konichi-Wah? has a reputation beyond repute Konichi-Wah? has a reputation beyond repute Konichi-Wah? has a reputation beyond repute Konichi-Wah? has a reputation beyond repute Konichi-Wah? has a reputation beyond repute Konichi-Wah? has a reputation beyond repute Konichi-Wah? has a reputation beyond repute Konichi-Wah? has a reputation beyond repute Konichi-Wah? has a reputation beyond repute Konichi-Wah? has a reputation beyond repute Konichi-Wah?'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by BryGuy View Post
    My dream super group?

Davey Havok (Vocalist of AFI)
    Virus (Lead Guitarist of Dope)
    WiL Francis (Vocalist/Rhythm Guitarist of Aiden)
    Bootsy Collins (Bassist of Parliament)
    Travis Barker (Drummer of Blink-182)
    Paul Shaffer (Keyboardist of David Letterman's show)

Band: The Mashups
    Genre: Hardcore Punk
    That's cool but I did say "Japanese supergroup" lol. Wil francis rarely plays guitar so I wouldn't have him as guitarist, he is a great vocalist though
    Believe it!!

Member BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy has much to be proud of BryGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2010 12:59 PM
    Threads

On 'Knives' he plays R.Guitar. But sorry I didn't read the Japanese super-group part.

Random AFI Quote: Oh My God, My God this can't be happening, God tell me, tell me this isn't real -A Single Second

Random Aiden Quote: I won't teach her to lie or make a plan. That clairvoyant stare and grin.God won't forgive me for this I know. -We Sleep Forever

/v|;/|/|) `|`}{;(-'/-'' daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2011 06:13 AM
    Threads

Vocals - Kazu (Blonde Redhead)
    Guitar - Agata (Melt-Banana)
    Bass/Vocals - Yuichi (Gauge Means Nothing)
    Drums - Shunsuke (Heaven In Her Arms)
    Keyboards/Synthesizer - DJ Technorch (as himself)
    Last edited by daft; 02-25-2010 at 04:18 PM. Reason: They're all Japanese =I
    SMILE!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by daft View Post
    Vocals - Kazu (Blonde Redhead)
    Guitar - Agata (Melt-Banana)
    Bass/Vocals - Yuichi (Gauge Means Nothing)
    Drums - Shunsuke (Heaven In Her Arms)
    Keyboards/Synthesizer - DJ Technorch (as himself)
    Agata from Melt Banana? So a potential crazy band haha
    Believe it!!

Closed Thread

Thread Information