AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: I've never been to a Con before!

Member Razzmatazz has a brilliant future Razzmatazz has a brilliant future Razzmatazz has a brilliant future Razzmatazz has a brilliant future Razzmatazz has a brilliant future Razzmatazz has a brilliant future Razzmatazz has a brilliant future Razzmatazz has a brilliant future Razzmatazz has a brilliant future Razzmatazz has a brilliant future Razzmatazz has a brilliant future Razzmatazz's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2010 02:09 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default I've never been to a Con before!

I almost lost my cherry to Comic Con 2009...I even bought a ticket. Something horrible happened to my friend's friend who was going along as well and so they didn't go, my friend was the one who was suppose to go with me. I asked for some days off of work for the con as well. And when I found out that we were officially not going, it was too late to get my money back! So alast I was sad, but I am hoping my friend's friend is doing okay, at least, I tried to call her after all of this, but she didn't ever contact me.

I'm not asking for anyone to feel bad for me, I actually wanted to ask you what the cons; that you go to; are like?
    Made by:ladygt93

Sleepy Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2010 08:27 AM
    Threads

Insane awesome fun.
    If you live in the midwest i might see you at one so let me know, odds are i will be on staff.

The seven stakes of purgatory! ^^ Good thing to know that they will be the last thing you see before you die. ^^

Member Razzmatazz has a brilliant future Razzmatazz has a brilliant future Razzmatazz has a brilliant future Razzmatazz has a brilliant future Razzmatazz has a brilliant future Razzmatazz has a brilliant future Razzmatazz has a brilliant future Razzmatazz has a brilliant future Razzmatazz has a brilliant future Razzmatazz has a brilliant future Razzmatazz has a brilliant future Razzmatazz's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh, that sucks. I live in the west coast, I mean literally too considering I live in California.

Can you tell me what it is like though?

Sleepy Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya has a reputation beyond repute Battler Ushiromiya's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2010 08:27 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Razzmatazz View Post
    Oh, that sucks. I live in the west coast, I mean literally too considering I live in California.

Can you tell me what it is like though?
    I have only been to one.
    It was awesome.
    Random, insanity is the only thing that should remain the same.
    Depending on who you go with the hotel stuff gets insane, and sometimes in a bad way. Out of everyone in the room where i stayed I was the only person to take enough showers not to smell like a .... well smelly nerd.... there were 7 other people in the same room.
    Also games, vendors, ect.... all have something going on you should never be board. Hell a random yu-gi-oh event popped up at my last con. I did not pay attention to it though...

The seven stakes of purgatory! ^^ Good thing to know that they will be the last thing you see before you die. ^^

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by TechCNgod View Post
    I have only been to one.
    It was awesome.
    Random, insanity is the only thing that should remain the same.
    Depending on who you go with the hotel stuff gets insane, and sometimes in a bad way. Out of everyone in the room where i stayed I was the only person to take enough showers not to smell like a .... well smelly nerd.... there were 7 other people in the same room.
    Also games, vendors, ect.... all have something going on you should never be board. Hell a random yu-gi-oh event popped up at my last con. I did not pay attention to it though...
    Yes, random and insanity should remain the same!

O'rlly? That's a lot of showers, lols.

Junior Member NYanimefan23 is infamous around these parts NYanimefan23 is infamous around these parts NYanimefan23's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2010 09:58 AM
    Threads

I've wanted to go to a con. A friend was planning on going to the New York Anime Festival but later backed out. I might go this year if my schedule is clear and I have the money.

Member GaijinOtaku is infamous around these parts GaijinOtaku is infamous around these parts GaijinOtaku is infamous around these parts GaijinOtaku is infamous around these parts GaijinOtaku is infamous around these parts GaijinOtaku is infamous around these parts GaijinOtaku is infamous around these parts GaijinOtaku is infamous around these parts GaijinOtaku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2010 09:10 PM
    Threads

God damn, if I had Comic Con tickets, I would go no matter what! But anyway, cons are epic fun if you just relax and enjoy yourself. I'll never forget my first con. So much fun!

Creative mind Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2013 01:49 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

It honestly depends on with who you're going.

If you're going alone as a photographer, it's great. You can easily see cosplayers stare at your black Sony camera, like it'smade of gold or something.
    Also, going alone while being cosplayed is also fun I've heard. I've never seen anyone do it though.

If you're going with friends, it doesn't matter whether you're cosplayed or not, it's always fun.
    Not everything is black and white like that.

Senior Member Bandaid X has a reputation beyond repute Bandaid X has a reputation beyond repute Bandaid X has a reputation beyond repute Bandaid X has a reputation beyond repute Bandaid X has a reputation beyond repute Bandaid X has a reputation beyond repute Bandaid X has a reputation beyond repute Bandaid X has a reputation beyond repute Bandaid X has a reputation beyond repute Bandaid X has a reputation beyond repute Bandaid X has a reputation beyond repute Bandaid X's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2010 01:18 PM
    Threads

I've gone to a few, right now I've been to AX twice, and NDK i think three times. It was a super fun experiance, and sooo much fun! But it costs a bunch since they're both far from home. So I have to pay for a hotel - or share with friends - and two/three meals per day plus con candies and cool drinks! Just gotta keep eating healthy foods and drink lots of water. AND SHOWER! It's amazing how many people stink! lol, in a center with a bunch of people don't make it smell like sweat! I have not dressed special apart from wearing anime shirts though. Hehe!
    Ell Oohh Elll /sarcasm

Be who you are and say what you feel,
    because those who mind don't matter
    and those who matter don't mind. -Dr. Seuss

Nobody has ever won a forum fight. You're not gonna get to page 20 and then they/you say:
    "Oh my bad! You were totally right! Sorry about that misunderstanding!"

Amber's cutest brother. AmbIifier has a reputation beyond repute AmbIifier has a reputation beyond repute AmbIifier has a reputation beyond repute AmbIifier has a reputation beyond repute AmbIifier has a reputation beyond repute AmbIifier has a reputation beyond repute AmbIifier has a reputation beyond repute AmbIifier has a reputation beyond repute AmbIifier has a reputation beyond repute AmbIifier has a reputation beyond repute AmbIifier has a reputation beyond repute AmbIifier's Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2010 05:24 AM
    Threads

Anime cons are fun, but i respect you for not going and helping your friend instead.
    By all that's holy...

Closed Thread

Thread Information