Accepted by LadyPSerenity
›‡‹Ɠɵ ɵɳ, ʈɽɣ ɑɳɗ cɵʊɳʈ ʈħɘ ɳʊɱbɘɽ ɵf ħɘɑɽʈs iɳ ɑ bɵɗɣ ɘɳʈɯiɳɘɗ ɯiʈħ ʈħɵɽɳs. Tħɘɽɘ's sɵɱɘ ɵvɘr ʈħɘɽɘ; ɑɳɗ ħɘɽɘ; ɑɳɗ ɘvɘɳ ʈħɘɽɘ; ʈħɘɣ'ɽe bʊɽsʈiɳg ɑpɑɽʈ ɯiʈħ ħɑʈɘ; ɑɳɗ jɘɑlɵusɣ; ɑɳɗ lɵvɘ; ɑɳɗ ɗɘsiɽɘ.›‡‹
Aphrodite urged Myrrha to commit incest with her father, Theias, the King of Smyrna. Myrrha's nurse helped with the scheme, and Myrrha slept with her father in the darkness. When Theias at last discovered this deception by means of an oil lamp, he flew into a rage, chasing his daughter with a knife. Myrrha fled from her father, and Aphrodite turned her into a myrrh tree. When Theias shot an arrow into the tree, Adonis was born from the tree. As soon as Adonis was born, the baby was so beautiful that Aphrodite placed him in a closed chest, which she delivered for security to Persephone, who was also entranced by his unearthly beauty and refused to give him back. The argument between the goddess of love and the goddess of death was settled by Zeus, with Adonis spending six months with Aphrodite, who seduced him with the help of Helene, her friend, and six months with Persephone.
Later, Adonis died at the tusks of a wild boar, sent by Artemis in retaliation for Aphrodite instigating the death of Hippolytus, a favorite of the huntress goddess. Outraged at such, Aphrodite killed Ryssa, Apollo's wife, and took form of her in order to trick Apollo, Artemis' brother, into birthing her children. During this affair, the two had three children: two sons and a beautiful daughter. Once Apollo learned of Aphrodite's trickery, heartbroken, Apollo, without thought, cursed all of his children that none of them shall live past the year twenty-seven. The same age of his beloved Ryssa when she was murdered.
"Let you find your nourishment solely in the blood of your own kind. And never again will you be able to walk in my realm where I will see you."
It wasn't until the curse was spoken that Apollo remembered his own son back in Delphi. A son he had foolishly damned along with others. And when that son had a child, Apollo had entrusted him with everything in life he valued.
"In your hands, you hold my future. Your blood is mine and it is through you and your future children that I live."
With those binding words, and in one fit of anger, Apollo had damned himself to extinction. For once his son's bloodline died, so then would Apollo and with him the sun itself.
Now the year is A.D. 2003 and there is only one child left who bears the blood of the ancient god...
[Ƞɑʍɘ;;] first, last
[Aɢɘ;;] at least in College
- Dark-Hunter: Immortal warriors. Warriors who sell their souls to the Greek goddess Artemis for a single act of vengeance against those who may have facilitated their death. In return they are bound to protect mankind from the Daimons.
- Daimon: Vampires who survive by consuming human souls in order to survive.
[Pʘwɘʀs;;] only for Dark-Hunters & gods/goddesses
[Qʊɑɭɩʈɩɘs;;] good things about your character
[Ƒɑʊɭʈs;;] questionable/bad things about your character
[Bɩʘɢʀɑƿƕy;;] past, etc.
[Aƿƿɘɑʀɑƞcɘ;;] image, url or text
[Eϰʈʀɑ;;] anything else about your character
Code:[Ƞɑʍɘ;;] [Aɢɘ;;] [Sɘϰʊɑɭɩʈy;;] [Sƿɘɩcɘs;;] [Pʘwɘʀs;;] [Qʊɑɭɩʈɩɘs;;] [Ƒɑʊɭʈs;;] [Bɩʘɢʀɑƿƕy;;] [Aƿƿɘɑʀɑƞcɘ;;] [Eϰʈʀɑ;;]×⌠Mү Cнаяacтєя⌡×
[Ƞɑʍɘ;;] Katherine, Smith
[Sƿɘɩcɘs;;] Half human; Half goddess
[Pʘwɘʀs;;] Telepathy + Astral Projection & Time Manipulation
[Qʊɑɭɩʈɩɘs;;] Charming, Sweet, Kind, Smart, Trustworthy, Caring
[Ƒɑʊɭʈs;;] Doesn't trust easily, Emotional, Stubborn, Defensive
[Bɩʘɢʀɑƿƕy;;] Born from a goddess and a human man, Katherine has abilities that would spin a normal human's head round and round. Unfortunately the goddess who bore her was of Apollo's bloodline, giving her the ongoing curse. On her mother's 27th birthday Katherine was dependent only on her father. He raised her up well and healthy and just like any other human. Or at least tried his best. With daimons after her life she must move all across the world whenever she is located.
Born with Heterochromia. Her right eye is hazel brown while the other one is a maya blue mixed in w/ cambridge blue. Her hair is a beautiful auburn color with light waves that gently sway over her shoulders with precise elegance. Her side bangs are swept smoothly to the left side though quickly find their way back into her face. It's heavy in volume and usually put up in lots of bows. Body: Slim waist though not fit. It is quite weak and fragile. Skin is snow-white pale which she must put powder on to liven her skin.
[Eϰʈʀɑ;;] Though she wishes for love and for a family, she has decided she must not tie herself down to anyone due to her curse.
[Ƞɑʍɘ;;] Nathaniel, Peters
[Qʊɑɭɩʈɩɘs;;] Kind, Intelligent, Brave, Well-Mannered, Accepting, Trustworthy
[Ƒɑʊɭʈs;;] Too Trusting, Slothful, Gluttony, Flirtatious, Manipulative, Bossy
[Bɩʘɢʀɑƿƕy;;] Nathaniel's parents died in a "car accident" when he was only 15. His way of lashing out and mourning their death was by getting involved with the wrong group. At just 15 years old he was robbing banks and breaking into homes. Though, thankfully for his sake, he never killed anyone. Once things started getting real bad, he left the gang where he met Acheron, the leader of the Dark-Hunters. Seeing good potential in this particular human he gave him a job as Roandy's squire. Now he serves and protects his friend until the very day he dies. Or, quite possibly, the other way around.
[Eϰʈʀɑ;;] He loves coffee & herbal teas & likes to dress up & get drunk.
[Sƿɘɩcɘs;;] Spathi Daimon
[Qʊɑɭɩʈɩɘs;;] Optimistic, Proud, Cunning, Intelligent, Brave, Determined
[Ƒɑʊɭʈs;;] Sadistic, Manipulative, Cruel, Spiteful, Temperamental, Ruthless
[Bɩʘɢʀɑƿƕy;;] Ariadne is the leader of the Daimons, creatures that evolve from Apollites. Cursed creatures made my Apollo that must feed on human souls in order to survive. She lives in the underworld with a group of her other kin in order to hide away from Apollo, the god of the sun. Her mission is to find and kill Katherine. Only then will the curse given to them by Apollo be lifted.
[Eϰʈʀɑ;;] Ariadne holds countless of tricks up her sleeves and fancies weapons; especially knives.
¦ɭөɭɩʈɑ's Ƞөʈє¦Anyone may join of course but in order for this RP to work I will need someone to play as this male Dark-Hunter who falls for the main character, Katherine:
[Ƞɑʍɘ;;] [that's up to you]
[Aɢɘ;;] Appears 28 years old
[Qʊɑɭɩʈɩɘs;;] Courageous, Intelligent, Funny, Tactful, Kind, Understanding
[Ƒɑʊɭʈs;;] Sarcastic, Cold, Over Protective, Doesn't trust easily
[Bɩʘɢʀɑƿƕy;;] You can add more to this but the basics of his Biography is that he was manipulated by a goddess into giving up his soul to her in exchange for a Dark-Hunter's soul. So Artemis has no real control over him.
[Aƿƿɘɑʀɑƞcɘ;;] anything you wish
[Eϰʈʀɑ;;] anything you wish
If you decide to play him, you will need to create his squire as well. Or, if you wish for someone else to be your squire, just PM them your request and see if they accept. I am also willing to be someone's squire if you PM me.
You may play up to three characters but at least make one of them human. Katherine needs friends too.
If you choose to be a Dark-Hunter, there are rules that you must know.
And, of course, if there are any questions/concerns about this RP, just ask me about it and I'll help you as best I can.
- Never Expose Your Powers to Uninitiated Humans- Dark-Hunters must stay hidden to avoid publicity and scrutiny.
- Never Be in the Presence of a God - Being soulless makes Dark-Hunters an anathema to the gods, who rely on the belief in people's souls to stay in power. Gods are obligated to kill Dark-Hunters on sight.
- Never Let the Sunshine Touch You - Apollo, Artemis's brother and god of the sun, will kill Dark-Hunters to spite his sister. Apollites and Daimons are also harmed by the sun.
- An Unconscious Dark-Hunter is a Dead Dark-Hunter - Dark-Hunters are compelled to fall asleep when they are injured, regardless of where they are, leaving them vulnerable to attack and being burned at sunrise. Dark-Hunters are encouraged to keep Squires to pull them out of sticky situations.
- Never Touch Your Squire - To keep Dark-Hunters and Squires from forming a romantic relationship, Dark-Hunters are often paired up with someone of the opposite gender of what they are attracted to. It keeps Squires from abandoning their Dark-Hunters in times of need because of a lovers quarrel or other complication.
- Let No Daimon Escape Alive. - Since Dark-Hunters were created to kill Daimons, it would be counter productive to let them escape.
- Never Speak of What You Are - Dark-Hunters are sworn into a Code of Silence when they are created. It is to keep them from telling others about who they are and what they do.
- You Cannot Be in the Presence of Another Dark-Hunter - When two or more Dark-Hunters are near each other, they begin to drain each others powers. This keeps them from joining up and revolting against Acheron and Artemis. Acheron is the only Dark-Hunter who does not drain the powers of others.
- Whatever You Do to Another Dark-Hunter You Will Feel Tenfold- To keep Dark-Hunters from fighting amongst themselves, they inflict more damage upon themselves if they attack one of their own.
- You walk alone. - Dark-Hunters are only allowed the company of their Squire. Other than that, they cannot have close friends. However, many Dark-Hunters communicate over the internet or through phone calls.
- Keep your bow mark hidden - Artemis's double bow-and-arrow mark advertises to Daimons who the Dark-Hunters are and raises questions among humans. It is later disclosed that by stabbing this mark, a Dark-Hunter can be quickly and effectively killed.