AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which one?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fox (House, American Idol, 24, The Simpsons)

11 50.00%
  • ABC (Lost, Dancing w/ The Stars, Scrubs, Flash Forward)

3 13.64%
  • CBS (NCIS, The Mentalist, Criminal Minds, Survivor)

1 4.55%
  • NBC (Heroes, The Office, SNL, Law and Order)

2 9.09%
  • CW (Smallville for life!)

1 4.55%
  • I have no clue what you're talking about.

4 18.18%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If you could only watch one major network....

☆Good Lucky☆ BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2012 08:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default If you could only watch one major network....

Which of the big 4 network channels would you want to keep if you could only watch, hear, read, know anything about, for an entire year?

Just to refresh the big 4, as they are now called, are: Fox, ABC, CBS, and NBC.

If you're not from the US... I dont know what TV is like outside of here...but there is a poll option for you :o

But yes I am mean making you choose between American Idol and Dancing with the Stars. And House/24 and Lost.

EDIT: there seems to be confusion. When I say Fox I do not mean Fox news. Fox and Fox news station are different. This is not ment to be a political topic by any means, I'm not even sure why you guys thought as much.

Also, you can't cheat and catch up on Family Guy on CTN.
    Last edited by BestFly; 01-15-2010 at 08:50 PM.

Stick Master unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2010 02:51 PM
    Threads

Which one is the liberal one? I know FOX is uber conservative and I honestly try to stay out of the segregated political viewpoints as much as possible but I don't really watch the news anyways. I like CNN but it's not an option so I don't know what I would choose. Definitely NOT FOX though.

Why did I think this was referring to politics? Geez...

Whichever one has HEROES.

(honestly I don't have cable, or a TV with a working antennae. I rely on my PS3 and blockbuster)
    Last edited by unspun; 01-15-2010 at 01:08 PM.

Get crazy with the cheezwiz

[I like cookies & beer]

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    Threads

Fox:
    + some good shows
    - many crappy shows
    - cancellation imminent for the good ones
    - generally retarded staff
    ABC:
    + Lost
    - pretty much everything else
    CW:
    + Smallville, just in case there's really nothing else
    - Supernatural, the creators of which deserve to have their families murdered for the sake of human evolution
    NBC
    CBS

And now the channels OP forgot:
    HBO:
    + the only network that gave us more good than bad and the birthplace of most classic shows that actually ended (Oz, The Wire, The Sopranos...)
    - they seem to be in a major intellectual crisis at the moment
    + ...and they're still better than any of those networks OP mentioned
    Showtime:
    + Dexter, Californication, maybe Weeds if you really don't have anything better to do
    - the remaining 95% of their timetable

...and the winner is:
    FX:
    + Damages, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Sons of Anarchy
    + The home of The Shield
    - oh wait, I don't see anything wrong here. Do you?

Senior Member Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution's Avatar
    Nerdy
    Gifts Black Beauty LesPauls Mic TNG Communicator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2012 12:28 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zeke Stryker XFIRE ID: Bignate101 Wii Code: 4265 2672 0811 8128

BestFly, I have to question how much YOU know about American TV. Although it's only my opinion, it seems to me that you listed a lot of the crappy shows and not very many of the good ones.

Also, why would you list that CW channel when you're talking about the big 4 (soon to be big 3)?

Anyway, I voted Fox, mainly because when I do happen to watch the tube I watch Fox News, and if Family Guy is on I'll switch to the local Fox station.
    Kaitou Ace: Before she gets eaten by zombies,
    let's change the camera angle so you can see her panties.
    Kaitou Ace: repeat *100

[Waltzing Catastrophe] Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 06:53 PM
    Threads

Animal Planet! That channel amazes me.

☆Good Lucky☆ BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Master Betty View Post
    BestFly, I have to question how much YOU know about American TV. Although it's only my opinion, it seems to me that you listed a lot of the crappy shows and not very many of the good ones.

Also, why would you list that CW channel when you're talking about the big 4 (soon to be big 3)?

Anyway, I voted Fox, mainly because when I do happen to watch the tube I watch Fox News, and if Family Guy is on I'll switch to the local Fox station.
    I pretty much listed the most popular/most acclaimed etc shows on each channel. I had to add one reality show on each list simply because I know some people are into those.

However, almost everyone knows that House, 24, and Lost are fan favorite as well as critically praised shows. The Office is probably the number comedy, at least as far as fan representation goes.

I mean MOST SHOWS ARE CRAPPY

The CW is there for a "Joke" pick. I mean no one is gonna take it seriously.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Honestly the CW has some of the most decent shows on TV.

It depends. Can I get reruns of cancelled shows like Quintuplets and The War at Home on Fox? If so, you better believe I'll choose Fox. Fox must be cursed. Either that or Americans are stupid enough to choose shows like The Cleveland Show than The War at Home which actually has a thin layer of high brow humor.

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I wouldn't stick to one channel and watch everything on it. I'd only watch the show(s) that I like from each channel, if there are any.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by akuNoHikari View Post
    I wouldn't stick to one channel and watch everything on it. I'd only watch the show(s) that I like from each channel, if there are any.
    You seem to miss the point of the topic.... >.<

Lol, message boards. RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2018 11:18 PM
    Threads

I try to stay away from television (because it's nearly all terrible, and every news program is full of ****).

But since I'll be watching the last season of Lost, I picked ABC.

Simon Says...Die!!! Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2011 12:32 PM
    Threads

i went with FOX, mainly for Seinfeld and the sunday night lineup.

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

None of the above!

History Channel forever! Because those who do not know their own history are doomed to repeat it.

Senior Member John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Mars Crystal Henshin Pen Rainbow Ribbon Sagittarius
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 12:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

ABC because they air Scrubs. And I freakin' love that show. <33

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

ABC because it helps me learn my alphabet . . . in order! O.O

Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Strawberry Nunchaku Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2021 05:03 AM
    The Hellish Death Realms where demons dwell (a.k.a. Planet Earth)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Either CBS because of The Price is Right(and yes, I still watch it, even though Drew is the host now lol) or FOX for AMW or Family Guy once in a while.

You should've put TBS, they got some funny stuff on that network

Oh, Hi-deeki, imagine... your kind not eating raw fish! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hideki Motosuwa. View Post
    Either CBS because of The Price is Right(and yes, I still watch it, even though Drew is the host now lol) or FOX for AMW or Family Guy once in a while.

You should've put TBS, they got some funny stuff on that network
    TBS isint a big 4 network, neither is anything on cable for that matter.

Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Strawberry Nunchaku Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2021 05:03 AM
    The Hellish Death Realms where demons dwell (a.k.a. Planet Earth)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BestFly View Post
    TBS isint a big 4 network, neither is anything on cable for that matter.
    True. I guess that's why I don't watch TV too much nowadays lol. Most shows I watch are only on like once a day to once a week.

Oh, Hi-deeki, imagine... your kind not eating raw fish! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

A hard choice between ESPN2 or Animax
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

<3 Science Channel

I also watch CNN, but those two are pretty much the extent of my viewing habits.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ParaParaJMo View Post
    A hard choice between ESPN2 or Animax
    I don't even get animax, or any anime channel for that matter. At least I never saw it. Direct TV sucks soo much compared to cable. >:o

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Pfft. Friggin cartoon network. I need adult swim to live.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Junior Member Captain Slow is on a distinguished road Captain Slow's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2010 11:37 PM
    Threads

Hmm, probably Fox, because I love House. But honestly, I watch all of those networks often, save for The CW, which, uh..what is it? WB name change I assume? Anyway, I find myself frequenting BBC America for Top Gear, Dr. Who, Torchwood...G4, cuz i have a tv crush on Olivia Munn, and Discovery for Man vs. Wild and Mythbusters.
    Oh no, rozzers

SOS Fox McCloud Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2010 03:36 PM
    Threads

Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, and Military Channel, the rest are crap. End of story.

Discovery Channel:

+Man Vs Wild
    +Mythbusters
    +Dirty Jobs
    +Cash Cab
    +Ghost Lab
    +SharkWeek
    +Planet Earth
    +The Colony

Military Channel:

+Future Weapons
    +Science of the Elite Soldier
    +Great Planes
    +Weaponology
    +Showdown: Air Combat

As for the relaxing shows I love is

Travel Channel:

+Ghost Adventures (Love these guys!!)
    +Anthony Bourdaine: No Reservations
    +Man vs Food (Im surprised he hasn't gained any more weight, but we all love Adam Richman).
    + Bizarre Foods
    +Bizarre World
    +Samantha Brown: Great Get Away Weekends, and Passport to Europe. (I have a crush on Samantha Brown :x)
    Last edited by Dark Wolf 09; 01-19-2010 at 11:27 PM.

Junior Member Captain Slow is on a distinguished road Captain Slow's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2010 11:37 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMcCloud View Post
    Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, and Military Channel, the rest are crap. End of story.

Discovery Channel:

+Man Vs Wild
    +Mythbusters
    +Dirty Jobs
    +Cash Cab
    +Ghost Lab
    +SharkWeek
    +Planet Earth
    +The Colony

Military Channel:

+Future Weapons
    +Science of the Elite Soldier
    +Great Planes
    +Weaponology
    +Showdown: Air Combat

As for the relaxing shows I love is

Travel Channel:

+Ghost Adventures (Love these guys!!)
    +Anthony Bourdaine: No Reservations
    +Man vs Food (Im surprised he hasn't gained any more weight, but we all love Adam Richman).
    + Bizarre Foods
    +Bizarre World
    +Samantha Brown: Great Get Away Weekends, and Passport to Europe. (I have a crush on Samantha Brown :x)

Hmm, I have to beg to differ. I find alot of the new stuff on Discovery channel to be rather bland, The Colony was obviously fake, and Ghost Lab is a rip off of Ghost Hunters, which is already pretty lame.
    Oh no, rozzers

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Pfffft.

USA Network.

House, Law and Order: SVU, Burn Notice?

Come on, man.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Closed Thread

Thread Information