AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Best T.V. Airing times

Junior Member Vancex is on a distinguished road Vancex's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2010 05:15 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Best T.V. Airing times

Hey, I got a question that I'm hoing everyone can answer, if we still were watching anime on TV what do you think would be the best airing times that everyone would watch.
    -----------------------
    I would have to go with either the 4-6 slot or prime time. For me with school, studying, and comp sci programming sometimes doing this to my brain when trying to debug.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Whenever I'm asleep or not watching is a good time.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

adult Swim in Cartoon Network is the best place to watch dubbed anime on TV. As far as the times that it airs, well it airs on Saturdays from 1-5am.
    Gero Server Guru

Senior Member warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2010 07:41 PM
    Threads

well apart from adultswim....as said above, personally i would like it to be early evening but there are so many anime that i like are 15 abd 18 cert they would have to be after 9pm!

~*Start looking around you
    and all you will see, are people the world would be better off without *~

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Cool

lmao ok let me restate that what would be the most ideal airing time for anime without bad voicing acting and good anime. I know anime on TV suck, but lets say this is an ideal world.

Simon Says...Die!!! Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2011 12:32 PM
    Threads

Late night, they need to play some outlaw star again, and should re-air the whole dbz series

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

So essentially Adult swim time. I was asking because I have some direct connection with Japan and US industries and was hoping to get some changes from the guys at Cartoon Network with the way they run anime. So i wanted to see if there were maybe some different times I could suggest to them. Meanwhile trying to get data out of them with the Toonami peak viewership. my head is gonna explode lol

Junior Member Gunna XL is on a distinguished road Gunna XL's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2010 08:06 AM
    Threads

they should bring back trigun

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by Vancex View Post
    So essentially Adult swim time. I was asking because I have some direct connection with Japan and US industries and was hoping to get some changes from the guys at Cartoon Network with the way they run anime. So i wanted to see if there were maybe some different times I could suggest to them. Meanwhile trying to get data out of them with the Toonami peak viewership. my head is gonna explode lol
    So what are asking: the best times for us to watch anime or the best times for anime to be on? I really do not have a "preferred" time for me to watch anime because I watch anime all the time. I don't really care when it comes on.

However, the best times for anime to on would be late afternoon-evening (4-6), late prime time (9-10 pm) and late night (11pm-beyond). Why? Apparently, anime fans watch more anime at this time since (unless it comes on some sort of anime channel) most anime appears at this time. It used to be on all the time, but ratings went down and with the advent of sites like YouTube and Cruncyroll, I doubt they will recover to what they used to be.

Cartoon Network, with Toonami, tried showing anime during primetime hours and even at one point, had Toonami show anime exclusively during this time. However, things changed and people stopped watching anime at those times (I have a theory as to why, but no time for that) and Toonami went away.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Off Topic:Yea, Well i dont wanna advertise,but the group J2U Review wants to build stronger bridges with america and the US and guard the crappy stuff from shoing on Tv so that the anime and other japanese industries can rebuild themselves here in the state. group is on facebook same name so join.
    enough advertising!!!!
    I'm the same way I watch anime whenever I feel like it, but after talking to the guys in the industry I feel bad. One reason we dont get anime as quickly, other than dubbing it, is because they cant figure out if it will gain enough footing here due to the internet and stuff. thats what I see happened to Toonami along with Cartoon Network stuffing some of its own horrid shows in there from time to time.

On Topic: I was thinking the 4-6 slot would be god I've seen a lot of people complaining how Toonami wasn't on the afterschool schedule any more. Also I can see why the midnight run would be good for the older folks. Although I said Primetime I cant really see it happening there one reason people watch other show during primetime stuff like L.O.S.T, Heroes and such. Which is probably why Cartoon Network commited the sin they did. Hoping it wold bring in viewers.

This is good though I need more people to tally up for data purposes

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You need easily accessible series to be on TV. Series like Sekirei and Hayate the Combat Butler will never EVER survive or make it on TV. Shows like Black Lagoon could appeal to a wide audience and possibly bring in new fans. Also, getting anime on TV is not as easy as just making a facebook page. You have to directly get in touch with people in the industry and owners of TV stations.

In my case anything before 10 is good. I'm completely dead after around 9 and my attention span dwindles quickly. It's one of the reasons I can't keep up with Monster.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I agree with you although many people like hayate and Sekirei those arent really going to make it onto television. I can see black lagoon surviving for a while tho. Also I know it doesnt say so on the facebook page but we do have direct connection in the industry in both countries(Japan and U.S.) they are the people who asked us to make the group.

Another vote for primetime, the only thing I see wrong with primetime though is the parents, but hey it may all work out

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by Vancex View Post
    Another vote for primetime, the only thing I see wrong with primetime though is the parents, but hey it may all work out
    Why would the parents be an issue in showing anime during primetime hours? The only real thing that prevents certain shows from airing would be the FCC and they only control a very (VERY) small number of channels (slightly over 13). After that, Standards and Practices (if a network even has them) kicks in and regulates what on television on their network. For example, the Standards and Practices are different for Comedy Central and Cartoon Network, although in reality, they could show whatever they wanted.

The problem with primetime that I see would be the fact that people might be watching other things during that time. Like I said before, Cartoon Network tried showing anime during primetime hours, but the ratings went down and never recovered (and neither they nor I really expect them to do so), not even when they brought in uncut episodes for shows like Dragonball Z and One Piece.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That was one problem I noticed but didn't really think would come into factor.
    Also about the parents: people seem to be have very strict rules on what their children can and cannot watch. Anime is often violent and sometime has sexual themes. After doing studies of successful anime in America the shows usually have: A. Action/Adventure
    B. A Well plotted storyline with twist to keep fans interested
    C. Fanservice

Another problem I see is Cartoon Network or Nick actually giving up the time slots. These usually primere the newest episodes for the shows the channel owns or made.

I know the big problem with watchin anime on tv is the internet though.

Closed Thread

Thread Information