AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: DBZ plot holes

Junior Member Jei is a splendid one to behold Jei is a splendid one to behold Jei is a splendid one to behold Jei is a splendid one to behold Jei is a splendid one to behold Jei is a splendid one to behold Jei is a splendid one to behold Jei's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-26-2010 08:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up DBZ plot holes

There are a few Dragon Ball Z plot holes I noticed while re-watching the Cell saga and Buu saga, and some just general ones. Also, I'm referring to the Japanese version, not the dubbed version (although the dub probably has more plot holes).

1. Since SSJ transformations are achieved through anger, how come Vegeta isn't the strongest character? He does seem to be the most angry Saiyan...

2. Since SSJ transformations are achieved through anger, how come Goku and Gotenks could reach the SSJ3 level through training and not from getting angry? Perhaps, you could say Gotenks could reach it because Goten was angry about Chi-Chi being killed, and thinking Gohan was killed, and Trunks because his dad was killed, but surely Goku was not angry in otherworld.

3. I thought only two people were allowed in the Room of Spirit and Time, yet in the buu saga, Gotenks, Piccolo, and Buu are in the room, making three people, and when they first entered, Trunks and Goten weren't fused, making it four people.

4. In the Frieza saga, since all those who were killed by Frieza were wished back to life (By Kami and Mr. Popo on Earth), what happened to the Saiyans?

5. At the end of the Cell saga, the wish is made to bring back all of those who were killed by Cell. What about the people killed by the androids?? Did they just forget about those people?

Ok, those are the only ones bothering me at the moment. I'm sure there will be others as I re-watch earlier series. Thanks in advance, and if you know of any other plot holes, feel free to post!!

---Jei

Simon Says...Die!!! Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2011 12:32 PM
    Threads

Whoa....Buzz Kill.....

Junior Member Jei is a splendid one to behold Jei is a splendid one to behold Jei is a splendid one to behold Jei is a splendid one to behold Jei is a splendid one to behold Jei is a splendid one to behold Jei is a splendid one to behold Jei's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo Duck View Post
    Whoa....Buzz Kill.....
    Well, I'm hoping/wondering if these all are plot holes, or if I missed something! I'm hoping someone can explain these things to me! Especially the one if whether or not the people killed by the androids ever got wished back!!

Waiting for you... lilaznkid has a reputation beyond repute lilaznkid has a reputation beyond repute lilaznkid has a reputation beyond repute lilaznkid has a reputation beyond repute lilaznkid has a reputation beyond repute lilaznkid has a reputation beyond repute lilaznkid has a reputation beyond repute lilaznkid has a reputation beyond repute lilaznkid has a reputation beyond repute lilaznkid has a reputation beyond repute lilaznkid has a reputation beyond repute lilaznkid's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2012 11:41 PM
    Threads

Wow.. that's a lot.
    Well, I never really bothered to question any plot holes so I just go along with the story.
    But maybe, since Cell absorbed the androids, all the humans killed by androids 17 and 18 count for Cell, therefore maybe the humans killed by the androids were revived.

But then again, android 18 got away so I'm not sure

Ellxeeva's Minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2014 11:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

1. It says that anger determines SSJ transformations, it doesnt mention that your strength is based on anger. Plus there must be some sort of power level prerequisite or else Vegeta would have turned super saiyan when getting angry during his fight on earth.

2. The thing I mention regarding power level prerequisite as mentioned in #1.

3. Buu doesn't count as people. (or does he/she??)

4. I think it has to do with the fact that it only revives people who have died within a year's worth of time.

5. The androids didnt kill people. Well Dr Gero and Android 19 probably did, but they werent important.
    If Minecraft had a Japanese intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=H5qFZjuKet4

|Set made by Neukifly|

Super Saiyan Dango

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaSD View Post
    1. It says that anger determines SSJ transformations, it doesnt mention that your strength is based on anger. Plus there must be some sort of power level prerequisite or else Vegeta would have turned super saiyan when getting angry during his fight on earth.

2. The thing I mention regarding power level prerequisite as mentioned in #1.

3. Buu doesn't count as people. (or does he/she??)

4. I think it has to do with the fact that it only revives people who have died within a year's worth of time.

5. The androids didnt kill people. Well Dr Gero and Android 19 probably did, but they werent important.
    1. They still should explain that better. How strong do you have to be to turn ssj then? Don't worry I'm sure there's no answer to that . Anyways, that's always a consideration.

2. ^

3. Yeah, I think this one is a legit plot hole. Buu definitely counts as a person/being, and even if he wasn't for some strange reason, Piccolo, Goten, and Trunks were in there at the same time.

4. That could be true. I forgot about all the rules of the dragon and what it can and cannot do.

5. Did 17 & 18 really not kill anybody? So they were just wreaking havoc then? And yeah, I think it's a definite plot hole that those killed by Dr. Gero and Android 19 were forgotten to be revived.

Thanks, I'm feeling much less bothered now, ha ha!
    Last edited by Jei; 01-26-2010 at 01:01 AM.

Kamehamehaaaaaaaaaa!!! Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Dragon Fan Flowers Fan2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2010 02:15 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jei View Post
    There are a few Dragon Ball Z plot holes I noticed while re-watching the Cell saga and Buu saga, and some just general ones. Also, I'm referring to the Japanese version, not the dubbed version (although the dub probably has more plot holes).

1. Since SSJ transformations are achieved through anger, how come Vegeta isn't the strongest character? He does seem to be the most angry Saiyan...

2. Since SSJ transformations are achieved through anger, how come Goku and Gotenks could reach the SSJ3 level through training and not from getting angry? Perhaps, you could say Gotenks could reach it because Goten was angry about Chi-Chi being killed, and thinking Gohan was killed, and Trunks because his dad was killed, but surely Goku was not angry in otherworld.

3. I thought only two people were allowed in the Room of Spirit and Time, yet in the buu saga, Gotenks, Piccolo, and Buu are in the room, making three people, and when they first entered, Trunks and Goten weren't fused, making it four people.

4. In the Frieza saga, since all those who were killed by Frieza were wished back to life (By Kami and Mr. Popo on Earth), what happened to the Saiyans?

5. At the end of the Cell saga, the wish is made to bring back all of those who were killed by Cell. What about the people killed by the androids?? Did they just forget about those people?

Ok, those are the only ones bothering me at the moment. I'm sure there will be others as I re-watch earlier series. Thanks in advance, and if you know of any other plot holes, feel free to post!!

---Jei

Oh well, I have an answer to most of your questions...

1~ It was never said that Saiyan transforms through anger, it was said that a saiyan transforms when he clearly doesn't wish for something, he's pure of heart and he has an aim to be fulfilled. Hence Vegeta is angry but is selfish at the same time....Vegeta told the folks that he first became a super saiyan on some other planet and only when he didn't have any wishes to be fulfilled, he was purely thoughtless and then suddenly a power arose inside him. That power was that of a super saiyan!

2~ Goku and Gotenks did train but they reached ssj3 for the reason that they had that natural strength in themselves. Even Vegeta had pointed this out that Goku had something extraordinary in himself, something that he doesn't...it is more than just trainiing, it is his natural strength that he possesses.

3~ It was never said so..it was just that there was food for only two people and not room for two people...

4~ Yes, true, it was wished so but Shenron brings people to life the very place they died..so they came to life and then they died again since Planet Vegeta was destroyed by Frieza and saiyans couldn't survive in space..

5~ Well....I don't know I guess...but maybe...since Cell had consumed those androids, their contributions were counted as his. But I don't expect this to be the reason because if it were so, then maybe, Cell had consumed some murderer but those people wouldn't come to life who that murderer had killed...
    Last edited by Stripes; 01-26-2010 at 03:18 AM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Oh well, I have an answer to most of your questions...

1~ It was never said that Saiyan transforms through anger, it was said that a saiyan transforms when he clearly doesn't wish for something, he's pure of heart and he has an aim to be fulfilled. Hence Vegeta is angry but is selfish at the same time....Vegeta told the folks that he first became a super saiyan on some other planet and only when he didn't have any wishes to be fulfilled, he was purely thoughtless and then suddenly a power arose inside him. That power was that of a super saiyan!

2~ Goku and Gotenks did train but they reached ssj3 for the reason that they had that natural strength in themselves. Even Vegeta had pointed this out that Goku had something extraordinary in himself, something that he doesn't...it is more than just trainiing, it is his natural strength that he possesses.

3~ It was never said so..it was just that there was food for only two people and not room for two people...

4~ Yes, true, it was wished so but Shenron brings people to life the very place they died..so they came to life and then they died again since Planet Vegeta was destroyed by Frieza and saiyans couldn't survive in space..

5~ Well....I don't know I guess...but maybe...since Cell had consumed those androids, their contributions were counted as his. But I don't expect this to be the reason because if it were so, then maybe, Cell had consumed some murderer but those people wouldn't come to life who that murderer had killed...
    1. I'm talking about the original Japanese version, where it is stated that to become a super saiyan you must experience deep and strong anger.

2. I'll give you natural talent on that one.

3. That makes sense.

4. Oh does Shenron do that too? I thought it was only Porunga for some reason...I definitely have to look up the rules of the dragon granting wishes.

5. Yeah, I think that's a plot hole. Cell didn't absorb or kill Android 19 or Dr. Gero and they killed some people. And if 17 and 18 did kill anybody, I don't see how the people they killed could be revived by making a wish to revive only those who Cell has killed. Poor humans!

Thanks, most of your answers helped, except for the first one, because that is the English dub version, which strayed away from the original version. You should watch it!! It makes a lot of sense.....aside from me asking a lot of questions, but generally, it makes a lot more sense.
    Last edited by Jei; 01-26-2010 at 08:36 AM.

Kamehamehaaaaaaaaaa!!! Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes has a reputation beyond repute Stripes's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Dragon Fan Flowers Fan2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2010 02:15 PM
    Threads

4. Oh does Shenron do that too? I thought it was only Porunga for some reason...I definitely have to look up the rules of the dragon granting wishes.
    Oh well, yea he does do that! Do you remember the army men who Cell killed were not revived by the Dragonballs and it was only for the reason that as they would come to life, they would appear infront of Cell and he would kill them again.

Besides they couldn't bring those people killed by Androids because if that would happen then Dr. Gero would also come to life...lolz...right?

Senior Member TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2013 03:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

---Jei
    1) Dunno. It might have to do with righteous anger though, in which case Vegeta's typically selfish, vindictive and/or murderous anger wouldn't do.

2) Dunno.

3) This one's easy: you can easily fit more than two people in there, and I'd speculate that either there is no limit or it's a very high limit.

Remember, the only reason we have to think only two can enter (simultaneously) is Goku's claim back when everyone needed to train to fight Cell. If you actually think about what's going on, it makes perfect sense that Goku lied.
    What happened was that Goku showed up to check on Vegeta, and Trunks whines/complains that he can't get Vegeta to talk to him, and Goku says something like, "No problem; I'll talk to him." He then goes over to Vegeta and entices him with training- something he knows Vegeta won't turn down. But, Goku says, only two (not more or less, according to that breif exchange) can enter the Room of Spirit and Time, so he'll have to go in with Trunks, thus forcing him to talk to Trunks, as Trunks just asked Goku to arrange.
    Goku lied to help Trunks talk to Vegeta. That's all. And it's the same in the subbed and dubbed anime and in the manga.

It baffles me that so few fans seem to see that scene for what it is: Goku being a nice guy and slickly tricking Vegeta in the process.

4) One-year time limit. Holds for both dragons, I'm pretty sure.

5) 17, 18 and 16 never actually kill anyone besides 20/Gero that the audience is aware of, not in the main timeline anyway. All deaths resulting from the androids were actually people killed by Cell, Vegeta (careless aim) or 19 and 20/Gero.
    They do get in a few car crashes and steal stuff, though.

I think 16 doesn't come back with to resurrect those Cell killed, though, because the dragon doesn't consider him/it alive, as 16 was completely mechanical.
    Last edited by TheAsterisk!; 02-14-2010 at 06:06 PM.
    | Puppy Linux || Get it right. ||

If you would like to seek unification with my dynasty, simply plant the flag of the Central Asterikan Republic into your signature to join in the glory that is TheAsterism!

Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Strawberry Nunchaku Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2014 04:46 PM
    The Hellish Death Realms where demons dwell (a.k.a. Planet Earth)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

4.) Also, the dragons have a limited amount of power. If it's not within their power to fulfill the wish, I guess it can't happen. That's like trying to bring back: 1.) A whole planet, and 2.) An entire race of people. That's definitely not within either dragons' power But that statement about the people being revived within a year rule is true

Oh, Hi-deeki, imagine... your kind not eating raw fish! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

Closed Thread

Thread Information