AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [TV Series] Moribito

Member ee ja nai ka??! has a reputation beyond repute ee ja nai ka??! has a reputation beyond repute ee ja nai ka??! has a reputation beyond repute ee ja nai ka??! has a reputation beyond repute ee ja nai ka??! has a reputation beyond repute ee ja nai ka??! has a reputation beyond repute ee ja nai ka??! has a reputation beyond repute ee ja nai ka??! has a reputation beyond repute ee ja nai ka??! has a reputation beyond repute ee ja nai ka??! has a reputation beyond repute ee ja nai ka??! has a reputation beyond repute ee ja nai ka??!'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-03-2010 12:02 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default [TV Series] Moribito

Title: Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit (Seirei no Moribito)

Studio: Production I.G.

English Production: Geneon Entertainment

Year: 2007 (Japan) / 2009 (English)

Genre: Fantasy/Feudal

Synopsis: The Kanbalan female warrior Balsa comes to the Shin Yogo Empire after a 2 year absence in order to have her spear repaired. While there, she saves the life of the Prince of the Empire (Chagum) and inadvertedly sets herself up as his body guard. The boy is revealed to be the carrier of a spirit and becomes hunted by those sworn to protect the Empire. Through their journey, Balsa and Chagum find themselves entangled in a much larger story involving the fate of the Empire.

Story [9/10]: The story of Moribito is unique and compelling. It has many twists and turns and leaves you guessing at critical junctures. Very hard to predict and it never dulls.

Characters [8/10]: The characters are diverse and feel natural but many of them can get particularly annoying at times. There arent any blatantly horrible things about any of the major characters, but the main issue is the lack of originality in characters. With the exception of Balsa, manyof the characters echo the typical archetypes found in te genre. On the other hand, the development and growth of many of the main characters throughout the series, especially Chagum, is perhaps the series greatest strength.

Visuals [9.5/10]: The art in this series is simply phenomenal, especially onsidering that this is a weekly television series as opposed to a movie or OVA. The colors are amazing, the backgrounds gorgeous, the action scenes fantastic, and the character models are a welcome departure from typical anime style. Visual pleasures are abound and are the most enjoyable parts of the series.

Audio [8.5/10]: The voice acting was excellent (English dub version). All of the actors chosen fit their characters superbly and deliver convincing performances. The background music is also excellent and set the mood for many scenes and sometimes not only emotionally add to the scene, but make the scene. The only drawback in terms of audio for this series are the opening and ending themes. Neither are really exceptional IMO, nor do they really "fit" the series. When I watched the series on DVD, I skipped the opening and ending themes EVERY episode besides the first. And I'm the kind of viewer thatypically watches the opening and ending EVERY episode.

Overall [9/10]: Overall, Moribito was a great series. The story was captivating and never stalled, the characters were interesting and grew as individuals, the visuals were simply gorgeous and the voice acting and BGM were well chosen. Whatever shortcomings the series does have are eclipsed by its merits and it is well worth the watch on adultswim and even purchasing the DVDs, especially so for fans of the fantasy and feudal genres.

Junior Member Adanadhel is on a distinguished road Adanadhel's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2011 05:28 PM
    Threads

Default Re: [TV Series] Moribito

Now, that's a freaking great anime! I loved it! Everything fits together, the animation, the characters (I love Balsa!), the music. It's a shame that it was so short (yeah 26 episodes to me is too short!lol)
    Instead of worrying about the world we're gonna leave to our children we should worry about the children we're gonna leave to the world.

Senior Member Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Gifts Ariel EVE Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 06:04 PM
    Threads

Default Re: [TV Series] Moribito

I love Moribito! I have all the books to ^.^ I wish the show was longer it was really good. My favorite song is the one about the Nahji
    Click image for larger version

Name:	M. wallpapers_Seirei-no-Moribito_helix-designs(1_6)_1280x800_62321.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	62338

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information