AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bald Eagle (Hakuto_washi)'s sigs and avas.

Member Hakuto_washi is a splendid one to behold Hakuto_washi is a splendid one to behold Hakuto_washi is a splendid one to behold Hakuto_washi is a splendid one to behold Hakuto_washi is a splendid one to behold Hakuto_washi is a splendid one to behold Hakuto_washi is a splendid one to behold Hakuto_washi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2011 06:12 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Bald Eagle (Hakuto_washi)'s sigs and avas.

Well, here are my sigs and avatars.

Sigs!
    New-Old

Smudging over-done.
    Weird-looking thing in bottom right
    Bad drawing.

Suckish all-around

Black and white.
    Monotone

Dark monotone
    There are many more, just most of them are sucky (more sucky than these ones).

New-old

As you see, I've done more sigs than avvys. But avatars are easier.

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Well they're not bad, but the second and third are a bit too over-saturated. I like the black and white one though, I'd say it's the best of the batch.

Member Hakuto_washi is a splendid one to behold Hakuto_washi is a splendid one to behold Hakuto_washi is a splendid one to behold Hakuto_washi is a splendid one to behold Hakuto_washi is a splendid one to behold Hakuto_washi is a splendid one to behold Hakuto_washi is a splendid one to behold Hakuto_washi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Why thank you.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yay, a double post!

Version 1, which doesn't have rain.

Version 2, complete with rain.

97,000?! bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2010 12:10 AM
    Threads

v1 is better, because the rain effect doesn't match the whole sig. it's just put on there, and it doesn't look good.
    the H is too big, and bold, it's just taking my attention away from the render.
    i don't really see much blending, and there is white and orange ON the render..
    the black around the sig doesn't compliment it at all, and it looks weird, with such a dark color and such a light color. you should have kept smudging and continued the colors.

overall, you kind of improved from your other sigs, but like ellipsis said, your b&w one is the best of the batch, and it still is even after this sig.
    just practice more and you'll get better. money back guarantee.

edit: try not to have such a defeatist attitude, adding "this sucks" etc under your sig doesnt help you or help anyone xDD
    you're better than me when i first started, sheesh >_>
    Last edited by bee.; 01-18-2010 at 08:17 PM.

{}

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by bayamesa View Post
    edit: try not to have such a defeatist attitude, adding "this sucks" etc under your sig doesnt help you or help anyone xDD
    you're better than me when i first started, sheesh >_>
    These aren't my first sigs, these are a few months in, lol. I agree that the rain isn't making sense, I just felt like doing something random because I'm like that.

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

You lack two things, blending and color are the two most clear things I can tell. You dont really add any effects that incorporate the stock image as part of the signature, so they kind of stand out. What you seems to do instead is just out right drench your signatures in one solid color (see every tag in your first post).

What you can do to boost the quality of your signatures without loosing their color is to use Adjustment layers, (Layer > New Adjustment Layer > ETC). Things like Gradient Maps, Photo Filters, and Color Balance will probably be nice starters. Use those instead of placing a C4D over stuff using Soft light or whatever, and you should see some immediate improvement.

Best of luck to you, hope to see more!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't have PS. XD GIMP sucks, but I don't have any money.

Anyways, new signature and avatar.

And now the world is mine Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Xmas Tree
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2013 08:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuto_washi View Post
    I don't have PS. XD GIMP sucks, but I don't have any money.
    Take that back D: GIMP rocks.

Anyways, there are a lot of great GIMP tutorials out there. You can't blame the program.

I'd say that the major difference between GIMP and PS is the interface. PS is a lot more smooth and something you can do in one step in PS may take 3 steps to do in GIMP.

Your signatures lack foreground. You need to start developing the foreground more, even if you keep it really simple. It'll start showing more depth and will keep the stock from seeming like it was just pasted into a background.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Anyways, there are a lot of great GIMP tutorials out there.
    I hate tutorials. If you do a tutorial, you'll forget the steps. <.<

I do agree that I have to develop the FG more, and I'll try. XD

And now the world is mine Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Xmas Tree
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2013 08:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I do agree that I have to develop the FG more, and I'll try. XD
    Umm, no. You don't forget the steps if you do tutorials. First off, you don't even have to do the tutorials. Just read a bunch and you will learn something new. You might get a look at someone else's style or find an easier way to do things. If you don't try any tutorials, you won't improve as fast as you'd like. I don't really understand how you can forget steps, considering, you use the tutorial to make a signature like the one in the tutorial and from there, you will, if you liked any of the techniques used, remember what you did for the parts you liked.

For GIMP, the tutorials I read when I was learning taught me to use clipping masks, path tool, effective layer modes, effective filters, gradient maps, and coloring techniques. I don't see any of that in your signatures and I think it would benefit you to learn those things.
    Last edited by Jagan Eye; 02-11-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

My first siggeh in PS. Don't really like it, but it's really up for you to decide. XD

(Thanks to Jagan for the tut, which I didn't really follow, but you shouldn't follow a tut 100% (methinks))
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang copy.png‎
Views:	34
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	27770  

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

GIMP sucks
    So ignorant :P
    I`ve seen many great GIMP sigs, Jagan has made nice sigs with that program.
    It`s not the program that makes the sig, it`s you

And by doing tutorials you`ll learn new tricks and learn about all the diffrent functions.
    And if you forget the steps it just mean you didn`t pay attention

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*facedesk* I didn't mean "Z0MG GIMP SUKS DAT IS Y I MAK BAD SIGZ," I meant that GIMP doesn't have half the features other programs have.

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

*facedesk* I didn't mean "Z0MG GIMP SUKS DAT IS Y I MAK BAD SIGZ," I meant that GIMP doesn't have half the features other programs have.
    Actually GIMP has many of the same tools PS has :P
    At least thats what the people who has used both says.

Kimberly makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba has a reputation beyond repute makkuro kiba's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2010 04:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I know a lot of people who use GIMP, and they make stuff just as well as those who use photoshop. It can use a lot of the same stuff photoshop can, it can use all the same brushes, and texts, and I'm sure there's more that it can do that photoshop does, I'm just too lazy to figure it all out, I use GIMP, and it seems fine to me. Of course, I don't make a lot of stuff anymore, but I would if I wasn't so lazy...
    Click my Shadow Lugia~ You know you want to~

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Gift for someone.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information