@Hachiko_Kitsune, Hasu, Aedan, Ensifer, and Kylescio
Mia bolts through the gap left by the dead with the kids trailing behind her.
However not being as fast and starting off further back the dead close in on Dante from both sides as they realize they won't catch up to Mia and notice that Dante is the closest living person.
Mostly unarmed and not paying nearly enough attention to self preservation he disables the first few that approach him, occasionally more than one per swing. However as the two groups merge his is soon swept underneath a dogpile of a dozen of them and is pushed down. They can't really land good blows in this state, and are reduced to trying to bite and scratch him, but their weight is suffocating.
Most of the dead engaged Dante in the center of the room. However two are approaching Hachiko's character, and three are approaching Royo, Grunt, and the two survivors with them. Though there are many more approaching that group from above.
Outside Mia finds herself near the edge of the cliff the mansion was built beside, giving a spectacular view of the hurricane eyewall and the lightning coursing through it, as well as the waves it whipped up crashing below. It seems no other survivors or dead are in this area. However some dead a bit further out in the other direction have noticed her, and start heading her way from the house and from further down the cliff in either direction.
While the hospital has a vast array of equipment and supplies, far more than the boys could carry, it does have a number of stand alone, easy to carry, first aid kits.
Typical contents include:
(1) AN-101: 1"x3" Fabric bandages, 16/bx
(2) AN-146: 1"x3" Adhesive plastic bandages, 16/bx
(1) AN-205: 32 sq. in. Absorbent gauze compress, 1/bx
(1) AN-266: 3" Compress bandage, off center, 2/bx
(1) AN-5071: Triangular sling/bandage, 1/bx
(1) AN-206: 3"x3" Gauze dressing pads, 4/bx
(1) AN-337: Antiseptic cleansing wipes (sting free), 10/bx
(1) A-338: Povidone-iodine infection control wipes, 10/bx
(1) AN-5111: 1/2"x2.5 yd. Adhesive tape, 2/bx
(1) AN-5112: Exam quality gloves, 2pr/bx
(1) AN-404: Burn relief packs, 6/bx
(1) B-503: 4"x5" Instant cold compress, 1/bx
(1) B-717: 2 Sterile eye pads, 1 oz. eye wash, 1/2"x5 yd. first aid tape roll, 1/bx
(1) BK-009: 96 pg. AMA First Aid Guide booklet
as well as some sharp scissors.
If they want something else let me know. The booklet would have some basic information on treating Sam's stomach wound (from being stabbed by a knife), but is no replacement for a competant doctor. Other books or computers in the building might have more information.
For pain killers if they break a lock or two they can have the good stuff.
As they search they notice a room with a couple ghosts. Thomas saw them as the started to walk in. They look to be ghosts of old people. They're sitting in chairs and appear to be watching a soap opera on a TV up on the wall. They don't seem to have noticed him in the brief moment before he ducked back out of the room.