AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 196 of 197 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 4916

Thread: RPG: Nightmarchers

  1. #4876
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    30,523.67
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana Ice Cream Pocky
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2014 11:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    34
    Threads
    67
    Posts
    2,816
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    593

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    @Kaname Shikara and @JimmyTheCannon

    As Kaname heads off, Jennifer follows her after a little bit. She seems worried and says "This doesn't seem like a good idea. Maybe we shouldn't have split up, I mean maybe we could have done well enough with your outfit or something. "

    In their heads they can "hear" Kyle thinking <Jimmy doesn't seem too scared. I think he's Ok for now. Watch yourselves>

    Miles away in town Jimmy sees that he's given some time for dead to approach. Presumably a number are coming by the sounds of things. But for now Jimmy just sees an overweight middle aged guy with a nasty chest wound is moving through the front door next to the big store front window, blocking the door for a moment He's holding a bowling trophy like a mace.

  2. #4877
    Senior Member JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon's Avatar
    Gil
    2,318.86
    Gender
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2014 01:51 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Davie, Florida, United States
    Age
    30
    Threads
    0
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    Miles away in town Jimmy sees that he's given some time for dead to approach. Presumably a number are coming by the sounds of things. But for now Jimmy just sees an overweight middle aged guy with a nasty chest wound is moving through the front door next to the big store front window, blocking the door for a moment He's holding a bowling trophy like a mace.
    Spying the undead thing blocking the door, Jimmy considers his options for a quick second. His gaze shifts back to the storefront window, and he grins. Setting down the dowel for a moment, he grabs the nearest heavy, but liftable object, and heaves it with all his might at the window. Scooping up the dowel, he charges after it, leaping feet-first (dowel-first, really, using the wooden pole to knock aside any glass that might still be in his way) through the shattered window to land nimbly in the street, already off and running. The noise would attract attention, but with any luck they won't be coming from the direction he's running in - the most direct route out of town.

    Then again, since when had he been lucky?

  3. #4878
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    30,523.67
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana Ice Cream Pocky
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2014 11:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    34
    Threads
    67
    Posts
    2,816
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    593

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    @Kaname Shikara and @JimmyTheCannon

    Jimmy hurls a nearby tool cabinet into the big window, resulting in a satisfying shattering noise as the glass tumbles down. Some jagged glass traingles point downwards from the top of the window. But a swipe with the dowl sends them raining down.

    The creature with the bowling trophy turns and rushes towards Jimmy, but Jimmy has his eye on him and jumps over the lower glass triangles as the thing gets close. The creature tries to lung at Jimmy to catch him, but just winds up impaling itself on the glass.

    Out in the street Jimmy finds himself faced with a bunch of armed dead. However with just a few steps Jimmy is able to leap clear over their heads, with a bunch of stares and thrown objects folloing him.

    Soon Jimmy is hopping from roof to roof out of town and onto the slopes of the volcanic island. Not coordinating with others Jimmy feels as if he's almost flying as he can just jump in such a way as to maximize horizontal distance. Than he just sort of arcs over the land as it drops below him until, after quite some distance, gravity brings him back down.

  4. #4879
    Senior Member Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Gil
    926.57
    Gender
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Gifts Luna Cheshire Cat Bonsai Tree
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2013 08:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dark Paradise City
    Age
    89
    Threads
    38
    Posts
    1,203
    Blog Entries
    42
    Rep Power
    1193

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    Jillia closed her eyes, trying to 'feel' and figure out what is going on with her.

    Then she realized, it is Tim... He did this, she knows that he's within her though she's not sure if she's being possessed by his spirit or what. But whatever it is, whatever is going on with her, she knows that it is a gift, and it could help her survive this island.

    Eyes closed, she stood there for a while feeling the presence of every energy that's around her, living or dead.

    She finally opened her eyes and decided to go look for Tim's family. With her new abilities, it would be easier. She will look for them.

    It's the least I could do for you, she thought to herself.

    Live Fast. Die Young. Be Wild. Have fun.
    -LDR

  5. #4880
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    30,523.67
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana Ice Cream Pocky
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2014 11:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    34
    Threads
    67
    Posts
    2,816
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    593

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    @Ellxavier


    OOC: Up to you how you want to move forward. We could discuss options. The most obvious of which involve moving towards the ship, either by making a raft or by getting closer to it on land by going along the island either by going around on the beach or cutting across the brushland.

  6. #4881
    Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    1,814.55
    Gender
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Gifts Grey Ribbon Silver Ribbon L Laptop
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2013 09:48 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Threads
    0
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    175

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    @Ellxavier Thanks so much for RPing with me!

    Tim felt his feelings, his consciousness, fading away with his body, like slowly shutting one's eyes. He thought it would be nice to let go, to have no responsibilities, nothing dragging him down to this world. Even he knew that somehow, in some way, his daughter and his wife would be fine.

    "I will." He smiled at Jillia, "Thank you, and take care."

    He felt a wave of quiet peace wash over him, then he was gone.






  7. Likes Ellxeeva liked this post
  8. #4882
    Senior Member Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Gil
    926.57
    Gender
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Gifts Luna Cheshire Cat Bonsai Tree
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2013 08:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dark Paradise City
    Age
    89
    Threads
    38
    Posts
    1,203
    Blog Entries
    42
    Rep Power
    1193

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    Jillia managed to use the remaining materials she and Tim have gathered. Just some final touches and the raft is ready. She could sense the undead nearby so to be sure she looked for something she could use as a weapon just in case these things show up out of nowhere. A few minutes later, her weapons - a small branch from a tree and a couple of rocks are arranged on the raft and she's ready to sail.

    Live Fast. Die Young. Be Wild. Have fun.
    -LDR

  9. #4883
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    30,523.67
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana Ice Cream Pocky
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2014 11:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    34
    Threads
    67
    Posts
    2,816
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    593

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    @Ellxavier

    The raft isn't the pretties thing, but with all the jugs and things Jillia is pretty sure it'll float just fine and let her ride along the waves.

    Subtly she has been getting used to her new sense. In addition to the dead, she knows there are living people on the ship as well.

    And while there are more things on land, Jillia can start to feel things swimming in the water. She's not quite sure what they might be. By the way they're moving, she thinks they might be hunting. But with her tracking and stealth experience, she gets to feeling like they must think all prey is going to come from land. She just has to launch when non are looking, and get out a ways. Stay low to the surf, and once in the waves try not to splash or move much, just sluice through the water like a bit of driftwood, guiding with her rudderish stick to quitely determin her path.

  10. #4884
    Senior Member Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien's Avatar
    Gil
    5,881.18
    Gender
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Gifts Jigsaw Ribbon LOTR The Palantir Of Orthanc Black Cat
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2013 03:54 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hobbiton
    Age
    21
    Threads
    25
    Posts
    2,558
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    695
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: Sarcasticfuzzball

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    What am I? Good question, wish I knew, a freak perhaps. Royo pondered on the thought but was rudely interrupted by a camera focusing on her. Couldn't really say that she was pleased with the attention but someone people have to make a livin' while others have to live. Her gaze turned to the Reporter, quite frankly Royo was more aggravated by the reporter, why? Perhaps her tone wasn't really considerate or she has been living in more of a luxury this past days, blind to whats been happen here. Here on this island. Though she couldn't really be blame but Royo was none of it. 'Look!' snarling at her whilst she jabbed her hand towards the others, 'There a little ones who would prefer to get out of the water, as does the rest. This bucket of bolts can hold more people, at least the little ones. So I would appreciate it if you would take the helicopter over there, please' her shell of a face gave a somewhat difficult smile, trying to seem friendly and holding back from leashing out at the pilot and taking control of this bucket of bolts.

  11. #4885
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    30,523.67
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana Ice Cream Pocky
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2014 11:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    34
    Threads
    67
    Posts
    2,816
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    593

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    @Enýuacca

    Everyone seems flustered at Royo's outburst except the cameraman who takes his focus off Royo for a moment and zooms in over her shoulder.

    "Yeah. There are kids out there. I see two of 'em on a boat. Military swimmers are moving towards the group though they can only bring so many up at once."

    The reporter gives the cameraman something of a dirty look. Even in the moment, maybe she doesn't like him starting to do the talking. However before she can start talking the pilot jumps in.

    "!No tengo escalera de cuerda! Er. I mean we don't have stuff...the stuff...for the rescuing. Helicopter wind blow everyone away and down. No get muy close. "

    At the point the reporter jumps in (and the cameraman gets back to Royo). "So if you could see that at home there is what looks like a wrecked boat, maybe of people trying to escape. And small children are there along with other people. The military personnel are moving in, however the mysterious woman here wants us to get close. However the Action Copter is not equipped for safe marine rescue and we shouldn't get too low in the vicinity of people trying to swim."

    The pilot, is, however moving much closer to the boat with the kids.

    The reporter continues

    "Who are you? What is happening in there? We don't have any reports at all, even the military hasn't been able to get inside."

  12. #4886
    Senior Member Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Gil
    926.57
    Gender
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Gifts Luna Cheshire Cat Bonsai Tree
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2013 08:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dark Paradise City
    Age
    89
    Threads
    38
    Posts
    1,203
    Blog Entries
    42
    Rep Power
    1193

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    Jillia finally set sail the raft she worked hard in getting done, her destination is the ship where Tim's family supposedly were. She doesn't know exactly where it is but with her new abilities, she can feel and sense them in a way.

    Live Fast. Die Young. Be Wild. Have fun.
    -LDR

  13. #4887
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    30,523.67
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana Ice Cream Pocky
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2014 11:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    34
    Threads
    67
    Posts
    2,816
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    593

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    @Ellxavier

    Jillia's muscles burned for a while after getting her raft through the surf that was rolling up on shore. However she finds relief as she gets closer to the eyewall and the water is driven along by the spinning wall of hurricane force winds.

    As she gets closer to them Jillia can feel the things swimming about in the water. She thinks she might be able to reach out and mentally "touch" them, maybe communicate with them...if she wanted to.

    Mostly she just falls back on her skills to do a good job of impersonating a bit of driftwood or a bit of a broken ship as the water drives her along.

    As she curves around the island she can see the ship, illuminated by the lightning and occasional bursts of daylight through gaps in the wall of wind. It's big. One of the huge cruise liners, there were probably thousands of people on board. It's obviously taken some damage, and the top has been partially torn apart, as if a tornado or something had hit it. Some rear piece of the superstructure that might have held swimming pools and excercise equipment is dangling off the side, suspended by what might be power cables. It looks like it might have torn that side of the ship up when it first hit. Now it is swaying fairly gently in the groove it made.

    Jillia can't see too much of the ship, it's dropped and anchor from near the bow (front) of the ship, and so the moving water has made it turn so that Jillia is approaching it head on. However it is still lit up, so it must have some stuff working.

    As she gets ever closer to it, Jillia gets a better feeling for where things are in the ship. The living people seem to mostly be concentrated in the belowdecks area of the ship, where workers typically are. In the upper levels of the ship it is mostly the walking dead. Somewhere in the middle Jillia is pretty sure she'd be able to find Tim's family, but Jillia isn't so sure about being able to safely reach them. Also, Jillia is pretty sure they're dead. Still, Tim was dead as well, and while they might not be breathing, Jillia gets the feeling that they're still "there." Maybe.

    Closer still, Jillia can feel that there are a number of living individuals near the front of the ship. They feel strange, potent somehow.

    As Jillia approaches she realizes she's going to have to make some decision about how she's going to get onto the ship, if she's going to get onto it. Otherwise she'll be washed right past it.

    So far she's been able to spot three ways of getting in. One would be to climb the anchor chain at the front of the ship, maybe trying her raft to it. Jillia is pretty slender, and she thinks she could just crawl through the hole the chain comes out of. She could also try climbing up the wrecked piece of superstructure and get into the ship through the gash it tore. The third option would be to climb some ropes that are dangling from what she things are the mechanisms for lowering lifeboats. However she doesn't especially like that third option as she can sense lots of dead in those areas.

  14. #4888
    Senior Member JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon's Avatar
    Gil
    2,318.86
    Gender
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2014 01:51 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Davie, Florida, United States
    Age
    30
    Threads
    0
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    Clear of the town and rapidly outdistancing his pursuit by leaping downhill incredible distances, Jimmy eventually slows down a bit once he's certain he's clear, not wanting to run into more trouble on the way. It isn't long before he spots Kaname coming the other way, and he waves at her with the "mast".

    "Was I taking too long? It's a bit of a distance, but I didn't have any trouble." The runner grinned at her. "How's the boat look?"

  15. #4889
    Chaos Unborn Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    2,858.77
    Gender
    Gifts Hattori Hanzo Steel Bleach Ichigo Mask Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2013 05:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The land of Hollows and Soul Reapers
    Age
    26
    Threads
    50
    Posts
    2,293
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    391

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    OCC: Can't remember how I can communicate. Is it telepathy or just like a tiger opening it's mouth and speaking? Either way would drastically change they way Azrael approach's a situation.

    Slowly but surely the world began to come into focus. With a yawn Chloe rubbed the comforting white fur of Azrael. Her protector in strange times. Looking to where his eyes gleamed she noticed the grouping of warriors stationed at the harbor. It would seem they arrived. "I see a shack not to far from the speedboat. Maybe...just maybe it has keys we could use." Peering back toward the boat she noticed, as the flashing of lightning illuminated piece of the shore, a man, more then likely dead sitting within it's 'safety'. Why hadn't he made it toward freedom. Was the storm to strong, or was it something else? "We'll have to be careful...."

    Naturally. He mentally whispered to himself, self-conscious of the dangers they faced. As his feline boy became more and more adjusted to it's new 'form' his still human/rational mind was thinking of ways to ensure success. Should he distract them and let Chloe sneak from the opposite end. It seemed logical but separation could mean death. He could outrun them without so much as an effort however......Chloe. What if she was confronted by reinforcements. The beach would become a death trap. The smell of blood was like poison in the air, polluting it's very nature. He was glad Chloe didn't have his nose. For now they continued stalking their way toward the end of the beach. Keeping watch of the warriors mannerisms, looking for gaps to slip through.

  16. #4890
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    30,523.67
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana Ice Cream Pocky
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2014 11:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    34
    Threads
    67
    Posts
    2,816
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    593

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    @Hollow Ichigo

    OOC: You have telepathy with the person you're bonded with. Otherwise you can speak and make noise. The wolf form's mouth moves, but you aren't making noise with lungs and larynx, you're a spirit. Heh, I guess it's a bit like dubbing Azrael's voice over wolf growling. :P

    IC:

    Hurm hurm. Give me just a sec on moving the scene forward.

  17. #4891
    Senior Member Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Gil
    926.57
    Gender
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Gifts Luna Cheshire Cat Bonsai Tree
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2013 08:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dark Paradise City
    Age
    89
    Threads
    38
    Posts
    1,203
    Blog Entries
    42
    Rep Power
    1193

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    Getting closer to the ship, Jillia paddled towards the front, aiming for its anchor chain and planning to crawl on the hole. She is well aware that there are 'things' swimming in the water, though she doesn't know what they are. Trying to communicate with them could be a bad idea, so she decided not to do it.

    Live Fast. Die Young. Be Wild. Have fun.
    -LDR

  18. #4892
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    30,523.67
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana Ice Cream Pocky
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2014 11:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    34
    Threads
    67
    Posts
    2,816
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    593

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    @Ellxeeva

    OOC: I'm moving her a bit more than I typically do with players, let me know if you'd like me to stop doing that. You do have the option of saying she'd have done something a bit different, for example not tying her raft up (which is the sort of spot I'd normally stop).

    IC:

    There are ropes and vines dangling all over the raft, so it is easy for Jillia to tie it to the anchor chain, just in case she uses it to escape. There are a small number of lifeboats still available, but she has no idea if she'll be able to safely reach one.

    Swiftly she moves up the chain, upon reaching the top she finds she's able to slip through into the ship. It's a dark and empty room full of gears and chain, however in the dim light occasionally coming through the chain hole Jillia can see that it's actually got a toolbox, some flashlights, and a huge three foot long wrench set up in a rack on the wall.

    Jillia feels like she can "feel" some dead in the rooms above her, but she feels like there might be some living people beyond the door to this room. Actually, if she'd listen at the door she could barely hear what sounds like female voices talking. She also feels like she can detect Ted's family better, but they're further away in the ship.

    -----------------------------------

    @Hollow Ichigo

    OOC: Alright, I tried, lets keep you rolling

    IC:

    Getting closer, Azrael can see that the man in the boat seems to have died from a nasty chest wound. Actually as the man looks around from the confines of the boat, it looks like he was stabbed from the back, as the wound is bigger on that side. Actually with his sharp vision he things he can see damage to the pilots seat, like maybe the man was sitting stabbed through it.

    The spirits seem to be keeping an eye on the area, but if they spotted Azrael or Chloe they haven't shown it.

    There isn't an obvious way to safely get to the shack and back, much less while staying with Chloe.

    OOC: You can RP Chloe. She might have some ideas. If Azrael could distract them, she could try swimming there, using the water to hide and come in behind them, giving her time to figure out what key goes with what boat. Or Azrael could just try and muscle his way in somehow and tear off a chunk of the wall with some keys and info that hopefully will let the figure out what boat they go with, and Chloe could hide some distance away, though Azrael would have to lose anything following him.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 08-15-2013 at 11:54 PM.

  19. #4893
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    30,523.67
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana Ice Cream Pocky
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2014 11:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    34
    Threads
    67
    Posts
    2,816
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    593

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    @JimmyTheCannon and @Kaname Shikara

    OOC: Per Jimmy's request to keep things rolling.

    IC:

    Before Kaname can get a reply out to Jimmy Kayl's telepathic "voice" fills his head <We're running out of time! We're really really running out of time! I hope you got some materials for that sail. MOVE! > Kayl maintains a degree of his usually regal "tone" but you get a sense of genuine panic rising up within him.

    The island doesn't seem very different visually, though Jimmy and Kaname do perceive something of a "feeling" of things being increasingly...something. It's hard to describe, but maybe Kayl understands it better.

    Jimmy is pretty sure he can move fast with the materials in one arm and "dragging" Kaname by his free hand, but that would mean she's have to time jumps and landings on her own. For it to work well Jimmy would have to focus on adding velocity.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 10-26-2013 at 11:56 PM.

  20. #4894
    Senior Member JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon's Avatar
    Gil
    2,318.86
    Gender
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2014 01:51 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Davie, Florida, United States
    Age
    30
    Threads
    0
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    Who was he to refuse the voice in his head? Jimmy handed the dowel to Kaname to free up an arm, grabbed her with that hand, and started running. "Time to go! Just hang on and jump when I jump." With that said, the runner put word to action, getting a good running start before beginning to make their way back to the boat with leaps and bounds. If they didn't get off this island now, they weren't getting off at all.

    They made it to the boat in good time, and the pair quickly assembled a rudimentary mast and sail out of the materials he'd gathered. "I really hope this works." Helping Kaname and Shishe (?) into the boat, he pushed it off from the shore, climbing in quickly as the water got deeper.

    "Anyone know anything about sailing?" He was only half-joking as he worked with the sail, hoping he could get it to catch the wind and drive them away from the island.

  21. #4895
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    30,523.67
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana Ice Cream Pocky
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2014 11:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    34
    Threads
    67
    Posts
    2,816
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    593

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    @JimmyTheCannon and @Kaname Shikara

    OOC: Still rolling. Kamae and Jimmy manage this without any karma usage)

    IC:

    As Jimmy and Kaname rush back the view is quite something. That something would be quite horrifying to most people as Jimmy is leaping outwards to get down a steep slope, often you find yourselves well over a hundred feet off the ground and moving at ridiculous speeds. Even with Jimmy and Kaname timing the jumps right so that they meerly push outwards as they start to land this would probably be fatal for most people, only the magic of Jimmy's tattoo makes this "work."

    Nanalie can't help making a comment to Kaname from within her.

    "You know, it's really beautful from up here. I've never gotten to see the island from this sort of a view before. I just wish it could be under better circumstances....

    Oh my Gods...I'm never going to get to see this place again am I ! "

    She pauses for a moment as the air whips around Jimmy and Kaname as they make another powerful leap.

    "I guess it really isn't home anymore anyways. My home is dust by now, none of my relatives would know me, and everything is so changed. "

    She grows quit after that, and quit soon the group reaches the beach. There were some dead on the way, but they most just started at the pair as they zoomed by, most didn't even bother making a futile attempt to follow them. Those that did aren't going to be arriving for a while.

    Kayl directs the assembly of the sail with authority, and soon it is set into the hole Kaname had chopped for it. Attachment was partially done through straps and friction, but Jennifer could help a lot as well by being able to freeze water in order to "glue" things together or harden an attachment. Soon with Kayl, the ghostly Jennifer, Shishe, Kaname, and Jimmy the boat is shoved off, with Jimmy then hopping in.

    In response to Jimmy's question he thinks <I was not a sailor by trade. However it was simply a way of life on these islands, I know what I'm doing. However the winds aren't our only problem. There will be Kupua in these waters. Spirits merging with mortals to make shapeshifters. Typically they are sharks, I have been watching the water while you were busy, and they are out here. They are also going to notice us. They are not as mindless as the dead. However I expect them to come, and not to talk. I hope they have underestimated us. >

    By the way other people are looking at him, Jimmy is pretty sure Kayl "sent" that to everybody. Kayl then goes on.

    <Kaname, have your sword at the ready and watch the waves. Jennifer, stick your head through the boat now and then to make sure none are trying to come from below. Jimmy, that means you're have to follow my directions in regards to managing the sail. I will materialize as much as I can to handle the rudder.>

    He then directs a thought to Jimmy

    <I watch you come soaring in. I think you have ability you aren't fully tapping with your tattoo, but you are getting there. I think you may be able to extend your capabilities to help control this boat. When it comes to getting through the hurricane we may be less sailing and more flying. A bit less servitude to gravity would be useful then.>

    OOC: Up to you if that's an ability you'd want to add with your mana, you could alternatively try to karma your way along or try the dice.

  22. #4896
    Senior Member JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon's Avatar
    Gil
    2,318.86
    Gender
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2014 01:51 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Davie, Florida, United States
    Age
    30
    Threads
    0
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    (add the ability to soar, if not fly entirely? Now how could I turn that down? :-D I'll take door number 1, Bob.)

    While normally he'd doubt such a thing was possible, after the entire adventure of this island he was prepared to take Kayl's word for it. Jimmy just nodded once, outwardly focusing on keeping the sail under control while he reached inward to where that "mana" Kayl had taught him about resided. He could feel it - the ghost was right. While Kaname and Jennifer worked together to keep them safe from the Kupua, he and Kayl steered the boat into the ever-increasing storm, the winds and waves getting rougher by the second.

    The eagle tattoo glowed as Jimmy closed his eyes, the boat's path straightening as the waves dragged on it less. They were leaving the eye of the storm, and it was about to get nasty - but this might be the edge they needed. "Let's do this."

  23. #4897
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    30,523.67
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana Ice Cream Pocky
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2014 11:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    34
    Threads
    67
    Posts
    2,816
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    593

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    @JimmyTheCannon and @Kaname Shikara

    OOC: Almost forgot someone there... Also sorry for the big block of text. I just kind of kept going until the ball was in Jimmy's court again.

    IC:

    For her part Jane just manages to make the occasional moan in the bottom of the boat. At least that means she's still alive and has some energy. The shallow scars all over her body probably make the waves painful...but still, a lot better than whatever awaited her in the attic. Shishe gives her a little whine. Shishe still doesn't seem right to Jimmy's senses. She certainly isn't "alive". But at this point she doesn't appear to be injured anymore. At least she isn't trying to eat everyone that is alive.

    As the boat gets closer to the eye of the storm the winds pick up and the small ship moves with greater force, and Jimmy increasingly seems to be able to control it, to make it skim.

    But Kayl points out to the water and thinks <Fins>

    They're moving fast. Too fast for a real shark. Even if you had a modern speedboat outmaneuvering them probably wouldn't be an option. Though rushing in so fast means the two fins in your path aren't going to reach the boat at the same time. Or perhaps they're racing each other?

    Kayl seems to think about the situation and then just thinks <hold a steady course. Let Kaname have a solid footing, be ready to fight if she doesn't do well. But do well Kaname. > Kayl, already solid and holding onto the tiller, takes out his knife. Jennifer seems to be getting her self psyched up with balled up fists, and Shishe growls.

    And then it happens. So fast most of the group can't even really move. The fin dips down as it gets close, and then a creature bursts out of the water. It's body looks to be a blend of shark and man. The sharklike body and tail are all there, but it also has massively muscled arms that end in large clawed hands, human like legs flank the tail, and the eyes seem much more human than the eyes of a shark. As it flies out of the water its hands are reaching out ahead of it, as if it plans to go completely over the boat, taking Kaname with it.

    But Kaname brings her sword, Kuretsu, around in a lightning fast draw cut slicing its hands off. She spins around, keeping her momentum. Stepping to the side she strikes again, this time slicing through its head or upper torso. And then the creature breaks up in the air as it sails on past the boat and splashes down in the water, leaving a cloud a red as it shrinks.
    (OOC: Also no karma for that. She's really piled up a lot of bonuses at this point, those things are usually the sort of thing you only survive with some karma!)

    The ship moves on as the second approaches and then it stops. It sort of sits up in the water, like a human treading water, and its head bends forward more like a humans. It eyes up the situation. And then sinks down below the waves.

    Jennifer lets out a sigh of relief, but Kayl "yells" into everyone's heads <They are not so afraid of wound and can recover from a great deal of damage eventually. Do NOT think it has gone. Get your head under the boat! >

    Jennifer blinks a couple times, and kneels back down in the boat and sticks her head through it, leaving rings of frost. Eventually, after a bright burst of lightning she pulls her head up and yells. "I see it! He's right, it's coming at us from below, I'll try and point at it as it comes in"

    She sticks her head back through and points. Kaname gets ready. But when it surfaces it's a bit away from the body of the boat...it's by the outrigger, which the creature then rips off. The boat tilts violently to the sound of tearing timbers, everyone stumbles. Only being in the bottom keeps Jane from rolling out. Shishe does fall into the water...or maybe jumped in. Kaname lands a blow on the piece of wood still attaching the boat to the outrigger, slicing it cleaning and the boat jerks back into an upright position.

    In the water the shark creature smirks and pushes itself under the water somewhat as its powerful muscles allow it to sort of swing the outrigger as if to land a hammer blow onto the middle of the boat.

    Kaname gets out of the way, and while Jennifer is hit it only seems to disrupt her form a little bit. The creature didn't seem to be counting on that to have much effect, and uses the boat jostling as an opening to dive back down. Jane lets out a scream as the wood of the boat under her suddenly splinters, and she gains some new, though luckily very shallow, and a chunk of the boat is gone.

    The shark surfaces with a bellowing roar. In part because it apparently hadn't been paying enough attention in all the action and Shishe is on its back chomping down hard. The creature reaches over and digs its claws into Shishe, puncturing undead wolfdog trying to get the dog off its back. However it has surfaced too close to the boat, and with a leap that impresses Jimmy a bit she uses bump of a wave to let her get near the shark. The creature had yanked Shishe off and it sank its teeth into the wolfdogs side, but it failed to notice Kaname as she splashes into the water near it, slicing down with a powerful overhead chop of her own that slices the creature in half in front of its forward fin. Kaname loses much grace in the water but keeps attacking the top of its head until Shishe is free.

    For his part Kayl seems paramountly concerned with the boat. Thinking fast he rather roughly grabs onto Jane and shoves her posterior into the hole.

    He thinks <Quickly Jimmy! Get Kaname and get us out of here!!!!!>

    --------

    OOC: Alright this is sort of Jimmies time. You've got impressive abilities especially with the new one you just added, and you guys still have Karma left so, if you'd like, you could take some control of this particular scene. But of course its also fine to just say Jimmy does his best or whatever and I take it from there. The boat is taking on water, but moving fast will help with that. Due to the actions of one of the groups (Hey actually you guys, remember the bit with the lightning hitting you on the volcano?) there are gaps in the hurricane due to the people behind this losing focus to pull of the lightning bit. You'll have to try and get most of the way in through one of those. Otherwise its a hurricane that sometimes has lightning coursing through it, and you'll have to deal with that for a little bit.

    As for Jimmies ability he's able to effectively reduce the weight of the craft. The result could perhaps be rather like windsurfing. Ever see a movie or clip of windsurfers getting airborne?

  24. #4898
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    30,523.67
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana Ice Cream Pocky
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2014 11:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    34
    Threads
    67
    Posts
    2,816
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    593

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    @suzumi @Esiphas @Red &stiletto @Tsukamoto-San @Light Buster and @janajee

    OOC: I've discussed some of these things with people. Notably Red&stiletto. I'm moving things forward, largely because I think Suzumi might be able to post if I can get it to her point in this.

    IC:

    As the Jeeps holding the fighters from the group along with Kara start rolling toward the group of glowing Green dead, the looks on many of the faces are sad and grim. Liko seems enthusiastic, but many in the group are wounded from their last fight, running low on ammo, and running lower on their hope of being able to beat all of those things, especially since they’d also have to face the group of more “normal” looking dead that came out of the woods.

    However they know their loved ones aren’t going to be able to move fast enough on foot to escape, and so nobody argues with Liko.

    However back with everyone else with the other Jeep all eyes are on Luna as she slides the key into the ignition on the damaged van she thinks she has repaired. Luna would have like to have fiddled with things a bit more, and given the oil more time to leak out of the pistons. But people can see the two groups of undead closing in on them, and so she turns the key. Black smoke pours out of the exhaust and the engine initially sputters, but with careful work on the pedal to not flood the thing, Luna soon has the engine roaring to life. The few younger individuals not in the van, the other Jeep, or the wagon being towed by the Jeep scurry up onto the hood and roof of the van, hanging onto the bike rack mounting points for some degree of stability. And the group all starts rolling forwards.

    Liko had his eyes fixed on the glowing green creatures. He fires his rifle at them a couple times…it doesn’t seem to have any effect. He asks. “Can anybody tell if I missed or if the bullets don’t affect those things? We might have to fight them hand to hand” However the reply he gets is an excited whoop from Oke. “The other group! They’re driving! They’re ALL moving. I mean they got the van working!!!!”

    In both groups there is a rolling celebration as they come together, literally leaving the undead in their dust as they drive toward the airport. For the first time in a while people are starting to cautiously smile. Though there is still a lot of concern. There are badly wounded individuals lying in the back of that van. Jessica is doing everything she can for them. But she knows that the woman who Liko accidentally wounded while fighting the creatures back at the van doesn’t have a lot of time.

    There are a few lone walking dead that manage to get in their way on the path to the airport. However they are trivially injured with a few shots, and then avoided if they haven’t gone down completely.

    Even the airport looks quite inviting. As they get close Mana can make out the DeHavilland 8-100, that Liou Hildesheimer had told them about sitting on the runway. According to her it had been scheduled to take off soon, and so should be flight checked and full of fuel. Just grounded by the hurricane and…events. However with the periodic gaps in the hurricane that have been appearing for a while now, Mana thinks she should be able to just fly the plane out. Granted she’s only had direct experience with smaller planes. However as the most popular commercial aircraft here Mana has done plenty of simulator training on the thing. Hopefully the real thing isn’t too different. And in any case everyone is counting on her.

    However soon shouts of alarm are coming from the vehicles. Looking around they can see that up ahead are a bunch of the ghostly native warriors, holding the spears that their kind used so effectively at the hotel at the beginning of all of this. This time they’re marching out through the walls of the airport buildings. Following them through the walls are ghosts, and undisciplined dead are coming out of the windows and doors. However some other dead have burst forth from the ground behind and to the sides of the jeeps. These dead were once humans…by their clothing quite possibly people that would have been passengers...and some of the pilots. Their looks are varied, their bodies twisted in different ways. However that they could hide in this manner, perhaps in response to the Jeeps approaching, indicates an intelligence beyond what the groups have fought previously.

    Most people are yelling to turn around, as the dead behind are rather spread out. Liko is yelling to charge forward but people are ignoring him and the rear Jeep starts to turn. But then Kapella starts, well, swearing and yelling at the top of his lungs.

    “If we get away what the ☠☣✩☹ are we going to do! This was our way out. Maybe our only way out! I there aren’t so many and we have a lot of people, maybe we can do this. Maybe we don’t have a ☠☣✩☹ing choice about doing this!”

    While the group is surrounded, there are a lot of tough individuals that have been through a lot in here. As the dead approach from all sides rifles start blazing away and weapons are readied. With the vehicles now circled in a protective formation, groups of friends and family seem to almost unthinkingly draw together.

    Kyle moves close to Cami, together after their long separation. Jacob, Sam, Walter, and Thomas line up beside Andrew, together facing the dead together for the first time in a long while. Kapella stays close to Fee, as if to protect her. Leilani gets even closer, giving Fee a hug as Fee curls up in her seat, grasping her rosary. Sora stands over her traumatized friend Nina, with a crazed look in her eye. Nobody seems to be there for Michael at first, but the ghostly old form of Okalani in her plant fibre dress seems to notice and comes over to the poor boy, who is mumbling something about how he should have smelled all of this.

    And of course Nicole is near Jessica and Yuki near Mana, neither of the mothers choosing to be too far from their daughters since being rescued from the church, if they could help it.

    The sound of weapon fire begins diminishing as weapons run out of ammo, glowing red from being rapidly fired in a target rich environment. Many of the dead are disabled…but many are still coming. Everyone that is physically able grips various melee weapons that have been acquired over the course of their adventures.

    All except Fee, who is again in the grips of a panic attack. Unable to defend herself she just curls up and holds her rosary.

    However to her shock the rosary starts glowing again. And a piller of light surrounds the jeep. Everyone hears the sound of signing, and while it isn’t clear what’s going on the dead seem to flee the light, moving away from the airport. The wounded dead pitifully crawling away. On the hood of the Jeep is Fee’s deceased mother, or rather a ghostly version of her, also giving off light.

    She kneels down and puts her hands onto Fee, saying “I guess I was able to interceed once more. Though you can’t give me all the credit. The things you accomplish here on the island seem to affect people, granting them a certain connection with the spiritual. So I’m able to do this only because of what you and your friends have done. I wish I could spend more time speaking with you, but it will be all I can do to protect you for a short while, you’ll have to get out of here on your own. And I believe you’ll have to do it very very soon. In a while this island will be fully under the control of the evil men causing all this.

    I know that seems sad. But when there is evil in the world always remember to look at all the good. All those helping. Like you.

    Always know I love you.” Leilani had released Fee at this point. Allowing Fee and her mother to hug, or at least simulate a hug as Fee’s mother seems to have no corporal aspect to her ghostly form. And then she is gone.

    The area is still bathed in light, but it is clearly dimming, and rather quickly. In the distance the native warriors that weren’t shot down look on the group of survivors with rage, and slowly manage steps forward into the diming light.

    Kapella is the first to yell for everyone to get the ☠☣✩☹ going! And in moment the vehicles are loaded and roaring down the runway to the plane. The airplane is empty, however the seats are full of tears and blood stains. It seems that it was fully loaded with passengers and pilots when…something got in here. Probably the native warriors since the could just walk through the sides of the aircraft, giving those inside nowhere to go. However the dead seemed to have left on their own, and were probably among those that the group just delt with.

    There is a great commotion. People quickly figure out that there are too many present to sit down, and they’re arguing about standing or getting into the cargo hold. Luna and Kara are running around the plane making sure it doesn’t have any damage.

    As with most planes there aren’t any keys. Who would steal one? And the fuel guage reads full. And, while they’re moving people about and generally hustling, everyone keeps eyeing Mana.

  25. #4899
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    30,523.67
    Gender
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana Ice Cream Pocky
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2014 11:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    34
    Threads
    67
    Posts
    2,816
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    593

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    @Esiphas @mrpineapple @Ellxeeva and just FYI @Solsaiden Hel

    Jillia listens a little longer at the door. She can’t hear nearly as well through it as she would like. She’s pretty sure this wouldn’t even be properly called a door, it’s more of a watertight metal hatch. However she’s pretty sure that whatever is on the other side is human…or maybe a TV that’s currently going, the ships does seem to have power. No, Jillia falls back to her tracking skills and feels the floor. Nope, there are things moving around over there, and they sound like living women.

    Jillia quietly works the mechanism on the hatch and opens it up just a tiny bit. Peeking through she can see a number of people. Most of them are women wearing varying degrees of tattered clothing, it looks like many of them were probably waitresses on the ship. Then there are a few oddballs. On the ground are two guys in what looks like Victorian era costumes, one of them being dressed up kinda like the Phantom of the Opera. He looks to be unconscious. People are looking worriedly at him. Actually everybody seems rather worried regardless.

    The other guy in fancy duds seems to be trying to keep from screaming while a woman tries to use a cut off bit of one of his leggings to tie off what is probably a rather nasty wound to his foot.
    The woman catches Jillia’s eye. Because her current senses indicate that she’s well, dead. Her body looks…stitched up in strange ways. She’s wearing a “The Crow’s” tee and a denim miniskirt, and they both have a lot of slashes and blood on them, however where wounds should be are instead strange areas where it looks like wounds knitted together. However she also seems to be genuinely concerned about the injured man she’s tending to. That makes a second member of the undead that seemed to care.

    That makes her turn her thoughts to Tim’s family. What were their names again? She racks her brain for a moment and then remembers, Cassie and Abigail. Thinking about them seems to focus her mind on them. And they’re moving toward her, fast! Can they feel her too? More problematically they seem to have a number of other dead following along. They’re going to reach the group of people outside. Is she going to get those people killed? If not what are they going to do to Cassie and Abigail? Realizing she only has seconds Jillia shoves through the door.

    One of the women screams and another moves to whack Jillia with a frying pan. Jillia steps back and starts speaking “Don’t hit me!!! Look I can tell some dead are coming. I can feel them! There are six of them, I think, I can feel them batter as they get closer, but two of them aren’t evil. I mean they won’t try to kill you. Well they might, but I don’t think they mean it. Look it’s complicated but please don’t destroy them.”

    Most of the women look at Jillia like she’s completely insane. However the dead woman and the conscious guy with the injured foot seem to just take it all in and accept it.

    The guy says “So much for rushing to help Holly, I guess we have to deal with this now. I’m Richard by the way“ He grimaces as he gets up on his foot using an ax as a cane as he gets up.

    The dead woman picks up a cleaver. She looks like she’s unsure what to say, and finally says “My name is Niu…a while back I was like maybe your friends are. Mostly mindless, but after a while of being trapped and care for by some people I…came back into awareness somehow. Especially thanks to this fellow here, she says indicating the unconscious “Phantom” on the ground. His name is Guy, and it really helped that he could speak my native language, that really helped jostle me back to reality. Anyway I’m saying that I’ll try and not hurt your friends too much.”

    Jillia thinks Richard looks just a bit jealous as Niu speaks about Guy on the floor and then continues “We’ve only got about thirty seconds maybe until I think they’ll come down that hallway, I’m not an expert on the ships layout. The two I’m worried about are female, one of them is just a little girl, the other his her mother. I think…I think they might be attracted to me I’m sorry.”

    There is a flurry of activity as the women try and grab up anything that might be useful in a fight and arguing. Some of the women think that Jillia should run somewhere else to draw them away, but eventually Richard seems to convince people to use Jillia as bait so they can ambush the creatures as they come through the hall. Jillia holds a hammer from the toolkit that was in the room she came from, but doesn’t like the idea of having to use it…this isn’t her style.

    But there isn’t time to think and soon the dead are rushing at her…and in the front of the group are Cassie and Abigail, the other dead are guys and seem to just be following those two.

    Richard whispers “Are they armed?” Jillia barely has time to say “No” before the dead rush through. Nobody attacks the women as they go past…in fact they wait until the guys are past to strike. Richard pops open one of their skulls like he’s done it a dozen times and Niu lays whacks another with a cleaver and charges forward toward the next. For their part the other women attack…mostly…sort of…following Richard and Niu, but they rather outnumber and surprised the guys.

    The leaves the two creatures rushing at Jillia who yells “Stop! I’ve been sent here to get you by Tim! Your husband and father!”

    They don’t seem to listen and in the split second she’d had the option Jillia didn’t use the hammer on either of them, just helping up her arms as they grab onto her and try to bit and wrestle. Some distance away people are dealing with the rest of the dead and not coming over to her. Jillia starts to panic as she pushes the little girl down but in turn gets pushed down by the mother. Even if she holds them off what will happen. On her back her digital camera flops up and hits Jillia in the face. Her digicam! She’d forgotten about that. Pushing back the mothers face Jillia pushes the on button and points the viewer towards their face.

    And, finally, they freeze, as the picture Jillia took of a ghostly Tim back on the beach comes up on the viewer.

  26. #4900
    Senior Member JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon's Avatar
    Gil
    2,318.86
    Gender
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2014 01:51 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Davie, Florida, United States
    Age
    30
    Threads
    0
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: RPG: Nightmarchers

    Keeping the boat steady during the whole fight, Jimmy's frustration was steadily growing as Kaname kept them safe. When the last of the shark-creatures fell away in pieces and Kayl yelled at him, he released the sail and dove into the water, swimming rapidly to where Kaname floated with her sword out. "C'mon, we gotta get out of here!" Putting an arm around Kaname to help keep her afloat, he led the swim back to their little boat, which bobbed uncertainly just shy of the edge of the storm. Letting her grab the edge of the boat first, he steadied her as she climbed in before accepting a hand from her to get back in himself.

    The boat had lost a certain amount of stability with the removal of the outrigger. Jimmy moved back too the sail, angling it back into the wind so they could start moving again. "This is going to get interesting... we're gonna need more speed to keep our balance." It was like a bicycle versus a bike with training wheels - they stayed up simply by going faster. As he spoke, Jimmy closed his eyes, focusing on the new power he'd gained to lighten the weight of the boat and increase their speed. Soon they began to skim over the water again, almost becoming airborne for short hops, as Kayl steered them towards one of the gaps in the storm.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 196 of 197 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. OOC: Nightmarchers
    By sunnyside in forum RPG
    Replies: 579
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 12:07 PM
  2. Sign up: Nightmarchers
    By sunnyside in forum RPG
    Replies: 285
    Last Post: 06-21-2014, 03:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts