AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Sign up: Nightmarchers

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sign up: Nightmarchers

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku Jordan View Post
    It's completely made up. I had no idea there was a real company by that name.
    Alright, just one more question before deciding how to put you in. Would you rather have some time to interact with another player and go slow and/or have a more personal plotline, or dive right into the "main" plotline.

Member spicyvegan has a reputation beyond repute spicyvegan has a reputation beyond repute spicyvegan has a reputation beyond repute spicyvegan has a reputation beyond repute spicyvegan has a reputation beyond repute spicyvegan has a reputation beyond repute spicyvegan has a reputation beyond repute spicyvegan has a reputation beyond repute spicyvegan has a reputation beyond repute spicyvegan has a reputation beyond repute spicyvegan has a reputation beyond repute spicyvegan's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Pocket Watch White Ribbon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2012 10:35 AM
    Threads

I'm pretty noobish, so it's probably best if things start out slow for me.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku Jordan View Post
    I'm pretty noobish, so it's probably best if things start out slow for me.
    You should have gotten a PM from me to let you get into the game. Let me know if you have any issues, questions, or would just like a little help.

@Esiphas as discussed I'm planning to put Krystia with Shawn here once he's got an intro post up.

Junior Member !!DARKzangetsu!! is on a distinguished road !!DARKzangetsu!!'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-16-2012 10:09 PM
    Threads

???????

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by !!DARKzangetsu!! View Post
    ???????
    This is just the sign up thread for a play by post forum game. The actual game itself is a different thread on this board. If you're interested in giving it a try let me know. I thought I put a message up on your wall but it seems to not be there. I don't know what's up with that.

Senior Member JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon has much to be proud of JimmyTheCannon's Avatar
    Gil
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2014 12:51 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by !!DARKzangetsu!! View Post
    ???????
    !!!!!!!!

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The game is starting to wind down. I'm pretty inclusive, so I'll still let people sign up if for some reasons someone wandered into the RP forum and wanted to. But you might want to shoot me a PM before you do so.

Lord of the Night Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Lighter Kill Bill Katana
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2013 04:57 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ha1fW1ingedAngel

Name Kara Nightingale. (christened as Karen Annabeth Nightningale)
    Picture/description http://media.otakuzone.com/store/user/187164/T131907152439770fef0371360428b5518b27a4fba734.jpg
    Age 19
    Background Kara never really enjoyed England. She grew up there of course, and It was nice enouh, but she always felt it lacked a certain... adventurous quality. Kara flunked her education, getting only a couple of rades- in Engineering courses. Her scores were amazing in those, but she never really cared for anything else. She managed to scrape a passing grade in Enlish too, and her teacher-also one of herreatest friends- said she knew thathad Kara done the work she wasmeant to do, instead of writing adventure storys, she would hav had an excellent grade. Kara did spend alot of time writing stories, itwas true-mainly because she hated the majority of her school. She is a lesbian, andspent alot of herfirst year of highschool being bullied. After that, she spent hertime in the staff room, theteachers toleratin her prescence as she was quiet, and had her nose in a book, or was writing.

Kara had hername put into a competition by her english teacher, A contest for fantasy stories. Kara had run away from her uncles- her parents bein long gone- and had approached her enlish teacher for accomodation, and eventually they became close as mother and daughter. Kara was an excelent Mechanic, as well as a fantastic story writer. The money from the contest was used to pay for a trip for Kara, a visit abroad, to Lanai Island...
    Personality Tomboyish, daring and rather forward, Kara isn't afraid of anyone anymore. She learned how to fight from her Teachers Son, a boy who liked her- alot, but she turned him down. She has the equivilent of a Blue belt in karate, and is fantastic at kickboxing- thoughagain, she never ot interested in P.E at school, as everyone was non contact. Kara has a habit of speakin hermind, which can be quite charming-and also offend people. She carrys her Writin pads and pens everywhere she oes, in case she wants to write a new story or ets inspiration to continue one.
    Advantages (2) see below for examples Kara is excellent with machines of all kinds. She also has excellent martial arts skills.
    Flaws (optional) Kara speaks her mind alot, and its incredibly easy to tell when she's bluffin.

Thouht I'd put her up, seeing as my last Character died (not literally XD), and I want to see the end with this character. Or at least playmore storyline. This RP is fun!
    Last edited by Esiphas; 08-08-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Im on Team Evil! Are you?

Join Team evil Today! We're Always Hiring!

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, the character is fine. Actually the machine advantage is probably a little weak in this setting. I'd either let her have access to some ort of machine (sort of like how Glauido's character had a boat) or I'd give her a little extra dedicated karma just to work in somewhere that would be particularily useful at some point in the game.

I'll ponder where to fit her in.

But don't forget about your other characters!

Lord of the Night Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas has a reputation beyond repute Esiphas's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I wont. Esiphas is a bit... Worse for wear, And Hollys out cold. I need something to fill the Gap, and I do wanna see this Rp through.

As for machines... Could she have A sort of Mechanics Kit (Including A Torch)?

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Esiphas View Post
    I wont. Esiphas is a bit... Worse for wear, And Hollys out cold. I need something to fill the Gap, and I do wanna see this Rp through.

As for machines... Could she have A sort of Mechanics Kit (Including A Torch)?
    I'll still have to sort out where and how to fit her in but I have some ideas.

Adding a mechanics kit to flesh out that advantage would be fine. Err. Although your british right? What exactly do you mean by "torch", do you mean a flashlight or something that shoots flame a few inches?

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Ah, sorry. Yes, I mean a Flashlight, though I wont say no to a Blowtorch type torch if your offering :P

And I'll wait. I dont mind going Solo.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Esiphas View Post
    Ah, sorry. Yes, I mean a Flashlight, though I wont say no to a Blowtorch type torch if your offering :P

And I'll wait. I dont mind going Solo.
    Alright, given how thing are going I'd like to add you to an existing group that could really use a reliable active player to get them through to the end of their story. Would you be up for that? If so would you want to jump right in, or would you like to solo pay with her a bit first?

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Im fine jumping right in.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Esiphas

Hurm. I guess we didn't discuss it much, and looking through our PMs I suppose you only requested various tools that could be used as improvised weapons, a flashlight, the pen and paper, and a box cutter

However somehow I'd gotten into my head that she had a little satchel/large purse/bag with some odds and ends.

While I'm restrictive on weapons, I like people taking non-combat skills to have the tools to actually use their skills. So if you want to have that and some glues, resins, and somesuch that would be fine.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Sounds good I guess. Still nit sure what I could use on a tree though.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

At the moment you'd just need to help attach things. Screws, super glues, bits of wire, hoseclamps, or zip ties would all seem useful things that mechanics also use.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This is mostly @-GAZKUL- since he asked. But I suppose I should put it here in case someone wanders along in this board. I'd still accept a new character for a little short story in the game if you'd like to give that a try.

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Grey Ribbon Silver Ribbon L Laptop
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2013 08:48 AM
    Threads

Hi there!

Name: Timothy Carlton, though he'll violently answer to any sound you call him by.
    Picture/description:
    Age: 35 years and 5 months (technically 35 years, 6 months, and 4 days, including time of living death)
    Background: A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) working in Seattle, took a holiday to Lanai island with his wife and little girl. His wife is wandering along the beach and his little girl is scratching at the doors of the ship's kitchens. Timothy is currently trudging along the ship's halls with three others like him.
    Personality: He likes hobbling around aimlessly, following whatever sound he heard last. Answers in guttural sounds like, 'UGH' or 'GUAH', or his personal favorite, 'GUGH'. He is also terribly hungry all the time, so he'll take a bite out of any living thing he gets a hold of.
    Advantages:
    Reknitting
    Slightly enhanced senses
    Flaws:
    Walks too slowly. Mostly hobbles, so he can't always reach living things in time before they run away.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Solsaiden Hel View Post
    Hi there!

Name: Timothy Carlton, though he'll violently answer to any sound you call him by.
    Picture/description:
    Age: 35 years and 5 months (technically 35 years, 6 months, and 4 days, including time of living death)
    Background: A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) working in Seattle, took a holiday to Lanai island with his wife and little girl. His wife is wandering along the beach and his little girl is scratching at the doors of the ship's kitchens. Timothy is currently trudging along the ship's halls with three others like him.
    Personality: He likes hobbling around aimlessly, following whatever sound he heard last. Answers in guttural sounds like, 'UGH' or 'GUAH', or his personal favorite, 'GUGH'. He is also terribly hungry all the time, so he'll take a bite out of any living thing he gets a hold of.
    Advantages:
    Reknitting
    Slightly enhanced senses
    Flaws:
    Walks too slowly. Mostly hobbles, so he can't always reach living things in time before they run away.
    Fine enough to get posting as we've discussed.

Minor details would be that he should only have been undead for a couple days. And he doesn't have to be slow. Otherwise interesting and I'm curios to see how this goes.

Just to avoid confusion, you're clear to post.

Banned Forum / Chat Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2013 01:04 PM
    But somehow you find me incredibly charming.
    Threads

Desmond Emanuel

6'3"
    185 lbs.
    black.
    pale ice.
    bronzed.

Having military training; Desmond found himself to be one of the lucky few prepared for the events that transpired on the island. Excelling at hand to hand combat, Desmond's capable of fighting off most people his size or larger - and the same is equally true for any undead he has encountered thus far - though, usually, he prefers to end them from a distance with his FN Five-seveN pistol. Besides the pistol he carries in a holster, he has a baseball bat with extremely long and sharp nails hammered through that extend menacingly from its other side. He wears regular clothes; but doesn't leave much without a tactical vest, spare ammo, and essential survival tools like a ten-inch bowie knife and a rudimentary first aid kid he stores in a backpack along with water.

Desmond and some friends survived the emergence of the monsters; though unlike them; he plans to escape instead of waiting it out on the island for the dim chance of a rescue. He's spent most of his time on the resort looking for some means of escape, and it's unclear whether he's come any closer as he has remained tight-lipped about his searches.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_m6vnd90svV1r41sm1o1_r1_500.gif‎
Views:	259
Size:	975.5 KB
ID:	76145  
    Last edited by Project D; 04-28-2013 at 11:51 PM.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Project Genesis

Alright that can work (One advantage would be the weapon one and then I'll split the other advantage between the combat types he'd have)

Let me sleep on how to incorporate him.

Member Huwl is on a distinguished road Huwl's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Grail
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2013 10:46 PM
    Threads

Name: Eugene Fray

Appearance:
    His hair was white, you wondered for a bit if it was natural or not. He swore it was, but you could never be to sure people could lie about themselves. His eyes were bright emerald green and his skin pale, he was gaunt, thin, and wore a baggy t-shirt and a baggy hoody. His black pants were skin tight and he wore ankle boots.
    Exactly like image

Personality:
    Eugene is a quiet poetic kid, he loves books despite his appearance. He has the appearance of an angsty teenager, but is really the quiet introverted kid. He is rather intelligent, and can easily fix something up on the spot. He enjoys music the best and loves to seek out new sounds. He loves to explore and learn knew things. He is never seen without a pair of his earphones around his ears, and often time he can be slightly oblivious to the world.

Background:
    It was meant to be a family vacation. His father and mother divorced years ago and had dated many different people. Until they decided to get back together. They decided to go here for a family vacation, so they could determine if they could get back together. Eugene didn't really care either way, as he lived his life from Shibuya to Tokyo every weekend, every weekday. He shifted between them. He grew an air of indifference to the world and to them.

A high school music student looking to hit it big. He simply walks through this world with an air of indifference. To let whatever terrible things happen pass him by. Flow like water is his motto.

Advantages:
    Oblivious- Often times Eugene is listening to music, so often that the physical world around him is drained out. This keeps him calm and relaxed in stressful situations, maybe because he isn't aware of them.

Sense Motivation- Due to his life with his parents, he had to grow up learning the truth and a lie. He doesn't know who is lying and doesn't know who is telling the truth he just has a gut instinct sometimes when talking to people

Flaws:
    Over Analyze- Just because he has the ability to sense people's motivations or see something of their motivations, generally he doesn't know what they are. He can tend to not just with people, but also events, over analyze and worry himself with thought.

Oblivious- A double edge sword, he may be able to keep calm in the world because he is oblivious as to what is going on with his music, but it also means thet he can guide himself into danger as well.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Huwl Fray

I like the character.

The oblivious stuff is interesting, but it's not so much an advantage. You could take something else. I'd like to get you rolling fast, so maybe we don't have to decide on your other advantage before play (by default you could have extra karma or mana, as those wouldn't change the character from what he is, as those are hidden things )

Member Huwl is on a distinguished road Huwl's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Grail
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2013 10:46 PM
    Threads

The idea for Oblivios b eing an advantage is that he wouldn't freak out so bad when freaky stuff happens?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information