AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: starless night

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Frank_desu is on a distinguished road Frank_desu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2010 01:55 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default starless night

hi there, yeah 吾 just wanted to ask if we could 化hange the romaji for the 歌ong starless 夜ight. you mistook 弱音 (yowane) and 却nstead wrote it as 弱音 (jakuon) its 真慨ue 両oth 可an mean either or, 但owever 中n this case "唇が弱音吐いても" it's clear that shes saying yowane. actually 弱音を吐く is common 小ittle 句hrase meaning like to whine or complain. anyways 碁o fix it! chop chop! lol (sorry for random kanji everywhere i've got a little add-on that switches the first letter of words into the corresponding kanji and i forgot to turn it off...

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

Dude, edit your post then...

And the link when you're at it.

...so that you know where you can find me

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Nah I don't feel like editing all that... besides people who post on this part of the forum most likely have some skill in japanese. anyway here's the link. and now that I look at the english translation that's also off. actually this sentence could have 2 possible meanings "Even if you complain, or Even If you surrender" then if we look at the next lyric I want to believe in your warmth, I think it's safe to say shes saying "Even if you say you'll surrender I still want to believe in your warmth." (so yeah i changed my mind on that.)

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/nana/starlessnight.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    it currently looks like this.
    "Starless night kuchibiru ga Jakuon haitemo"
    "Starless night even if your lips were to whisper soft confessions"

------------------------------------------------------------------
    it should be

"starless night kuchibiru ga yowane haitemo"

and the translation could be something like..

"Even if you say you'll surrender I still want to believe in your warmth."
    so yeah based on 唇が弱音を吐いても 唇=lips 弱音吐いても=if you surrender/complain

Is A Girl ;)
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2014 10:22 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Maybe the admins here dont feel like editing that song then either ...and besides people who can speak Japanese should recognise those mistakes themselves....

Sorry for my sarcasm...I just cant stand lame excuses -_-

Easily distr.. ooo shiny!
    ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-2009 01:29 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Yeah on one of my translations I accidentally left a * for one of my translation notes I had removed. I also had a word doubled where I had two possible translations for a phrase starting with the same word and had deleted one except for the one word so it ended up doubled. Really its only aesthetic so I never decided to ask for a correction. Sometimes its not really so important of a change especially since translation isn't an exact science anyways. Also I try to listen to multiple recordings of the song I'm translating to be sure my transliteration and translation are as accurate as they can be and that I'm using the correct readong of the kanji. This is a good step (for future reference) to take in translations.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by LavaBug View Post
    Maybe the admins here dont feel like editing that song then either ...and besides people who can speak Japanese should recognise those mistakes themselves....

Sorry for my sarcasm...I just cant stand lame excuses -_-
    what are you talking about? what exactly is a lame excuse? I dunno I'm new on the forums I guess...but I simply was reading some lyrics and saw what I felt was a significant mistake and took the time to point it out...I think I did a good job of that...there's no real searching involved or anything on the admins part. Plain and simple the current lyric is wrong. There's nothing up for debate on it, it is what it is...a mistake. I didn't think that it was such a big deal to alter like 2 sentences...

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

But editing your post to make it more readable is a simple enough thing to do.
    hi there, yeah 吾 just wanted to ask if we could 化hange the romaji for the 歌ong starless 夜ight.
    吾 is so darn archaic... and actually, what the heck is up with having an add-on that gives the kanji of the word but overwrites the first letter?

Easily distr.. ooo shiny!
    ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-2009 01:29 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Also technically you didn't follow the correction rules. You're supposed to submit the incorrect lyrics, then the corrected lyrics, your reasonings and then a complete write up of the finished and corrected lyrics. You really didn't do this so you make the job of the admins harder. Would be a good idea to read the guidelines first before submitting corrections.
    Last edited by ShizuNee; 12-31-2009 at 10:40 AM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by AzureDark View Post
    and actually, what the heck is up with having an add-on that gives the kanji of the word but overwrites the first letter?
    when learning another language you do your best to keep up the immersion environment. So being that reading some english is inevitable, this allows for that to not be an entire waste of time.

so yeah i take it the lyrics are going to be left the way they are eh? Tis a shame, I spelled it all out pretty clearly in my second post I don't know what else I could of given you.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Making a forum post where your clarity is imperative takes more precedence than just "immersion environment". The edit button is there so use it when you are asked to.

And I realised that you were lazy and assumed I wouldn't correct it, but I did. It's a minor correction but a correction anyways (the original t/ler didn't get the expression but you did, kudos to you, expressions can't be learned that easily). Since I've made the correction, this thread is done with.

Closed Thread

Thread Information