AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Nariel's Graphics

Senior Member Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2010 05:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Nariel's Graphics

My old thread got closed because I didn't update... (Mods, do you think that this thread could maybe not be merged with the old one?)

I got Photoshop Elements 8 for Christmas, and am learning to use it. =)

Old Stuff With Gimp:

My First Photoshop Siggy~

(I know, it's REALLY simple)

Siggy by me!

Senior Member Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

update: Just one siggy. It's my first vertical sig, and I'm not sure what I think about it... Opinions, suggestions, ect please!

Siggy by me!

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Nariel View Post
    update: Just one siggy. It's my first vertical sig, and I'm not sure what I think about it... Opinions, suggestions, ect please!

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/x...igokorosig.png
    Just wondering, did you do anything else besides blur tooling everything except her face, and then added a border and some text? The biggest issue with these sigs is that it feels like they were made in 3 steps.

Now, I read that you just got Photoshop over the holidays, congrats, I hope you enjoy your present. I understand that you need to walk before you run, but right now your signatures aren't amazing or awe inspiring yet. I really suggest going to photoshop tutorial sites and just following anything that you think looks cool. Your first goal should be to learn how to use every single tool in your arsenal (photoshop).

Anyways, I think I'm coming off like a jerk, and I can't help it cause I am one, so sorry, but don't be disheartened, but what I think I'm trying to say is that you need to keep practicing.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I attempted to do a little more than that, but it is true that the effects and things that I kept basically added up to that and messing with the hues a bit.

You're right, I should probably look at some tutorials. I'll try and do that this weekend. Thank you for your comments.

Here's a new sig, that I tried to make a little more complicated. I'm not sure that I like it much, but...

the extract is by serated.

Siggy by me!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I know this one is big, but I kinda looked at it, and went, oh my god. MESS. I decided not to bother with resizing it. Does anyone have any tips on improving it?

Siggy by me!

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I very much like the top one in your first post, I see nothing to particularly bad with it. The one below though looks kinda bland. What I mean is the top one has more effects and draws the eye much more from what I can tell. I know colors are not everything though I really tend to go for works that use a lot of visable and clear effects. So that is my suggestion for the second one. Though both are still quite good, I can tell you know GIMP and most of it's features very nice. I also noticed that those are the sigs u r using now.
    Last edited by Gero50; 01-24-2010 at 11:50 PM.
    Gero Server Guru

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Here's a Misuzu siggy I made. What do you think?

Siggy by me!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The extract for this siggy is by Serated.

Siggy by me!

Creative mind Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2013 01:49 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Excuse me for being blunt, but I'm currently having a headache and I strained my neck. So I'm sorry if I'm going to sound like a total [deleted], I'll buy you a cookie if you're offended.
    Your signatures aren't that good. I don't see any improvement from the first one you made till the last one. You work with 6 layers at most en even with that you don't do alot. (I could be wrong though.)
    Try some of these tutorials here. Or this one here.
    Last edited by UrusaiSevera; 04-02-2010 at 07:21 AM. Reason: grammar nazi and language patrol have intervened!
    Not everything is black and white like that.

Junior Member Brockii has much to be proud of Brockii has much to be proud of Brockii has much to be proud of Brockii has much to be proud of Brockii has much to be proud of Brockii has much to be proud of Brockii has much to be proud of Brockii has much to be proud of Brockii has much to be proud of Brockii has much to be proud of Brockii's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2010 07:57 AM
    Threads

I've seen that you've posted from 2008 to the present and you've made a great improvement from your first signatures and avatars on page 1.

I'm using Paint.NET at the moment, and i've only been using it for almost 1 week. As you can see by my signature, I guess i'm doing alright at an average speed of work.

I suggest trying Paint.NET (PDN for short) instead of GIMP. Paint.NET can sometimes make better signatures then GIMP can. GIMP is very complicated at times, and so it Paint.NET. But, paint.NET might make your signature life a whole much easier.

But still, great signatures! I might have to request one from you sometime in the future when i'm in need of one.

Best regards,
    Brockii.

CollingWood FootBall Club

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The cookie isn't necessary. =) Thank you for being honest, and thank you for the links to the tutorials.

I'm actually using photoshop now, not GIMP.

I'm going through a slightly obsessive Alice in Wonderland (the tim burton version) phase, and have just ruined about three promotional pictures, by putting them in this siggy.

Siggy by me!

boopaloop! Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:59 PM
    Threads

we could add some little depth in your sig i still can see RAW Stocks. :3

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

To be honest, the colors clash really badly to me. You should look for some color theory tutorials on DA or AF.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

a failed attempt at smudging.

Siggy by me!

boopaloop! Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose has a reputation beyond repute Tranquiose's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:59 PM
    Threads

I would love to see a smudges on the back more than the front but to create depth you should think something else.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Re: Nariel's Graphics

me deciding to play with lots of flatness. no depth. at all...

Siggy by me!

Junior Member Elizabeth of York is on a distinguished road Elizabeth of York's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2010 08:58 AM
    Threads

Start looking up some Photoshop tutorials. When I first started out, that's what I did. Everything I made slowly improved, but it took time and lots of experimenting. A really good resource I found on a Live Journal community has a lot of different tutorials that focus specifically on working with anime and manga graphics called "For All Your Toon Needs". Live Journal has a lot of really good Photoshop tutorial communities, so if you don't already have an account, you should sign up and then take a look around at all the different graphic communities. Also, start experimenting with some of the different features on Photoshop, such as using selective color, channel mixer, hue and saturation, etc. to get familiar with the different types of functions it has to offer. Also, start experimenting by blending your images with different textures and trying out new types of brushes. Well, I hope I've been somewhat helpful. Just keep practicing! : )
    Last edited by FlashD; 08-17-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Advertising

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Elizabeth of York, thank you for the information about 'For All Your Toon Needs.' I really like the tutorials on there. I tried a few simple icon tutorials, and ended up with these results.

Siggy by me!

Junior Member VampyD is on a distinguished road VampyD's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2010 11:34 PM
    Threads

I have been looking at all our sigs in the last hour or 2,And i have to say they have improved since you first started.Im also starting to learn Photoshop and the tutorials o youtube are worth checking in to they helped me alot.Keep up the good work you will keep inproving with practice.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Here are a few more icons.

A hikaru no go icon that sorta failed...

I actually like these two:

(there will probably be an onslaught of vocaloid. I found a ton of cute rin and len pictures on photobucket...)

Siggy by me!

Senior Member Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2021 04:04 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Nariel View Post
    Here are a few more icons.

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/x...ilnogoicon.png

A hikaru no go icon that sorta failed...

I actually like these two:

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/x...ne/rinicon.png http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/x...gaminekiss.png

(there will probably be an onslaught of vocaloid. I found a ton of cute rin and len pictures on photobucket...)
    Really liking the avy of Kagamine to the right. :o if you're looking for a friendly community for gfx/ps that involves forum avy/siggy work just PM me
    Last edited by UrusaiSevera; 08-29-2010 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Don't quote images

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

More Kagamine stuff:

Siggy by me!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information