AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cosplay hair help...

Junior Member OMGitsSARA is on a distinguished road OMGitsSARA's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2010 12:17 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Cosplay hair help...

I'm going as Rogue from X-Men Evolution to a convention in a few months. I have reddish-auburn hair like hers (at least it will be by then) but it's much longer. Cutting it or wearing a wig is out of the question, as I hate wearing wigs and I like my hair. I want to figure out how to do the bangs in a way that will look realistic, but I'm also reluctant to bleach them. Are there extensions I can get? Or can I spray in color and have it look good? If worst comes to worst I can bleach them because my sister-in-law is a hairstylist and will do it for free, but I don't want to damage my hair or have a funny color in the front where I dyed over the bleach (I'm not keeping my hair that way, that's for sure). What would you guys recommend?

for you in full blossom~

Junior Member cinecallgal is on a distinguished road cinecallgal's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2010 04:28 PM
    Threads

Hey, cool costume idea! If your hair is already that color, I understand why you don't want to dye it!

There are some spray on colors that might work, but they never look quite as good. I'd say your best bet would be extensions. You should be able to find some online if not at your local accessory store.

Since your hair is longer, you could try to bobby pin it to make it look shorter. Take the bottom tip of your hair and curl it with a curling iron. Then grab the bottom of the curl and roll it up towards the bottom of your neck. Pin it in place with a bunch of bobby pins and lots of hair spray. Hopefully it should work. Post some pics when you do it!

Junior Member OMGitsSARA is on a distinguished road OMGitsSARA's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2010 12:17 AM
    Threads

Thank you! I thought about pinning it but I wasn't sure how to go about it. I really appreciate your help.
    for you in full blossom~

Junior Member JapanAni has a reputation beyond repute JapanAni has a reputation beyond repute JapanAni has a reputation beyond repute JapanAni has a reputation beyond repute JapanAni has a reputation beyond repute JapanAni has a reputation beyond repute JapanAni has a reputation beyond repute JapanAni has a reputation beyond repute JapanAni has a reputation beyond repute JapanAni has a reputation beyond repute JapanAni has a reputation beyond repute JapanAni's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-25-2010 02:50 PM
    Threads

You can always use one of those temporary party sprays on your hair. It's good if you want a cheaper alternative and not dye or bleach your bangs.

Senior Member warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo has a reputation beyond repute warla_woo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2010 07:41 PM
    Threads

i would use the bleach thing for the last solution...but you can use semi permanant dye which wouldnt hurt and would give you the same affect as the permanant one, but first i would try the extensions first...!! goodluck

~*Start looking around you
    and all you will see, are people the world would be better off without *~

Member chocomallows has a reputation beyond repute chocomallows has a reputation beyond repute chocomallows has a reputation beyond repute chocomallows has a reputation beyond repute chocomallows has a reputation beyond repute chocomallows has a reputation beyond repute chocomallows has a reputation beyond repute chocomallows has a reputation beyond repute chocomallows has a reputation beyond repute chocomallows has a reputation beyond repute chocomallows has a reputation beyond repute chocomallows's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2010 06:12 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by JapanAni View Post
    You can always use one of those temporary party sprays on your hair. It's good if you want a cheaper alternative and not dye or bleach your bangs.

correct and if you use bleach ull just gonna ruin your hair

Member KitKaty has a reputation beyond repute KitKaty has a reputation beyond repute KitKaty has a reputation beyond repute KitKaty has a reputation beyond repute KitKaty has a reputation beyond repute KitKaty has a reputation beyond repute KitKaty has a reputation beyond repute KitKaty has a reputation beyond repute KitKaty has a reputation beyond repute KitKaty has a reputation beyond repute KitKaty has a reputation beyond repute KitKaty's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2010 02:44 PM
    Threads

If you look in Hot Topic, you could find Hair extensions, colored hair spray, temporary hair dye, and a few other neat things that'll help your costume. They have an online store and normally have a small shop in certain malls.

I wouldn't try the hair dye if your hair is very dry or thick though. It'll come out in time, but not completely. Use them as a last resort.
    Last edited by KitKaty; 04-27-2010 at 05:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information