AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Republican or Democrat

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Republican

7 13.46%
  • Democrat

17 32.69%
  • Independant

15 28.85%
  • Don't Care

13 25.00%
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Republican or Democrat

SOS Fox McCloud Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2010 03:36 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
    Glenn Beck doesn't care what you think of him. I'm pretty sure he doesn't care what anyone thinks, and says whatever he wants.

I like that about him.
    Glenn Beck is so hypocritical though, this is why I despise this guy. He's a racist too.

Senior Member Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 12:15 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So? He's not hurting you in any way. And he makes tons of money, so he must be doing something right.

SOS Fox McCloud Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2010 03:36 PM
    Threads

So? He's not hurting you in any way. And he makes tons of money, so he must be doing something right.
    It irritates me, he's not hurting me, I didn't recall him hurting me, he's just annoying. And he does make a tons of money just blabbering about political views he doesn't agree on, rants of non-concern, what kind of political anchorman does that? Apparently Glenn Beck.

Senior Member Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Just about all of them, actually. The kind descriptor you're looking for is "all cable news opinion guys." The only one that doesn't do it all the time is O'Reilly because he's too busy talking tough, reading inane e-mails from stupid people, and having shouting matches with Al Sharpton.

I stopped watching Beck regularly when he came to Fox. I generally like the people on Fox. But Beck sort of went insane when they picked him up. On the other hand, he says things that even Hannity won't, so he remains entertaining.

Simon Says...Die!!! Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2011 12:32 PM
    Threads

Glenn Beck doesn't care what you think of him. I'm pretty sure he doesn't care what anyone thinks, and says whatever he wants.

I like that about him.
    David Duke and Hitler said whatever they wanted and didn't care, do you like them too?

and to everyone complaining about the poll results saying thats not what the real number would be.......remeber we did just have a presidential election.....how did that turn out again?

and glenn beck is a mormon....he believes jews and jesus lived in america 2000 yrs ago and that the founder of the religion joseph smith found this out by reading stones out of a hat.

Lol, message boards. RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2018 11:18 PM
    Threads

Hitler, a violent ultranationalist, in total political and consequently, militaristic control of a nation being compared to a talk-radio show host? Realistic comparison, I suppose.

Easily distr.. ooo shiny!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-2009 01:29 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

And.. getting back on topic...

I for one don't call myself either. I believe in what I believe in and I'm not going to use the label of a political party to sterotype myself into a set of beliefs in other's eyes. I'm more intelligent than that. Sure political parties have their place and I'm not going to refute that but I wont say I'm a republican or a democrat when next election my beliefs might not be the beliefs of the same party they were the election before. I think that way of thinking is archaic and flawed and part of the reason our system is always stuck in the same problems election after election. I have an uncle who votes republican even if he doesn't agree with the republican candidate only because "he's republican so he must have my best interests in mind." Yet time after time hes usually disappointed regardless of which party wins the election. Too many people fall into this trap of "party loyalty".

And for those saying that Lincoln would be a democrat now. Lincoln was always against the government being in control over anything more than what the constitution allowed it inherently. He was against a large controlling government but did what he had to do to keep the union together. The democrats are currently trying to do something Lincoln would have been against with the socialized medicine. I'm not stating my own beliefs on the subject just clarifiying what history proves of Lincoln. Lincoln was a an abolitionist and entirely against slavery but he said many times the Constitution limited what the government could and should do to stop it except preventing it from spreading. He said once that if he could save the Union without ending slavery he would. his goal was always to preserve the Union not to enact government control of the people.
    Last edited by ShizuNee; 12-31-2009 at 01:48 PM.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Cars View Post
    Hitler, a violent ultranationalist, in total political and consequently, militaristic control of a nation being compared to a talk-radio show host? Realistic comparison, I suppose.
    Hitler is also renowned for his rhetorical abilities. His ideology may be dubious, but the way he pitched it to an audience is quite legendary. In fact, most contemporary books on rhetorics dedicate a quite sizable chunk of text to examining why Hitler was such a successful public speaker.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Lol, message boards. RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2018 11:18 PM
    Threads

Yeah, any educated person knows of his power with speech.

And if anyone's interested in a little film history, watch Leni Riefenstahl's documentary of the 1934 rally in Nuremberg. You'll see the stark differences between Hitler and Glenn Beck.

Pretty humorous, actually.

Simon Says...Die!!! Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Simon Phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

everyone went up a lil in the poll.

Junior Member Gunna XL is on a distinguished road Gunna XL's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2010 08:06 AM
    Threads

i'm a democrat,obama needs this healthcare bill passed!

Senior Member Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Gifts Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2012 04:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Gizmo, all I can see you doing is bumping your threads, which is why I see you have over 400 post in less than three-four months.
    I'm not too much on politics, but I do understand how important it is to vote. One of my MCJROTC instructors lectured us a few days ago, and what really caught my attention was,
    If you don't vote, you have no right to complain
    He used the 18 vs. 21 drinking age as an example.
    ooshy ooshy ooshy
    Website|Deviantart
    Msn, email, icq, Facebook? Ask

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Death to all Liberals! Death by a fire of AIDS!

Where's your Obama now? Oh-lololololololololol!

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mokochocolatte View Post
    I'm not too much on politics, but I do understand how important it is to vote.
    There is a reason as to why voter turnout happends to be so low.

The Idealist generations (aka, currently known as the Babyboomers; born between 1946 - 1964) are usually very distrusting of government, far less interested in the political process, and are more likely to believe that government is "self interested" rather than used to serve the people. And hold on tight to deeply held vaules and beliefs. Idealist generations are also Far more likely to prefer Split-Ticket Voting as opposed to Straight-Ticket Voting. And voter-turnout tends to be low.

which is why it seem that change takes a long time.

The previous Idealist Generation in the cycle before was known as the "Missionary generation".

After the Idealist Generation comes the Reactive generation (aka the current ones being Gen-Xers; born between 1965 - 1980) are usually more family oriented, and have a sense of community. And while still holding most of the same vaules as the previous generation, tend to be more lax in their idea of them. They are also more likely to be risk-taking and pragmatic. Reactive generations are often push around thoughout their lifes in society because they are wedged right between the next BIG generation.

The last Reactive generation in the cycle was known as the "Lost Generation"

The Civic generation (aka, currently called the Millennial generation; born between 1981- and 2000) which as children are rasied in an Extremely protective manner and as adults are far more oriented to deal with societal challenges, problem solving, and teamwork. They are Optomistic and are very interested in government and the political process. A typical Millennial would agree with this statement, atleast to some degree- "Government has the ablility to change most of the problems of society". Millennials are more likely to become involed in the polictical arena and are better suited for using new ideas and technologies. They also have a greater sense of "acceptance" and are more unlikely to hold very deep vaules. Voter-turnout among Civic generations also tends to be very high, and prefer Straight-ticket voting.

The previous Civic generation in the cycle was the "GI generation" (Also called "greatest generation") and are very similar in their attitude toward government as the Millenial generation.

Finally, the last generation in the Cycle is the Adaptive generation, (a name has not been given to this generation; people born after 2000). A recessive generation much akin to the Reactive generation are raised in an OVERprotected and suffocating way. This makes Adaptive generations more risk-avoiding, and more likely to accept compromise.

The previous Adaptive generation in the cycle was known as the "Silent generation"

So, once all the Millenials get to be of voting age, we should start seeing more progressive movements and less gridlock between the Babyboomers.

Edit: also note, none of these generation types have any correlation to being pre-disposed as being either "liberal" or "conservative".
    Last edited by Skylar1; 01-27-2010 at 11:06 AM.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Senior Member The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts 028 - Sandslash Tron LightCycle Falcon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2023 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have been a Democrat for about 10 years now.
    -TWM-

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post
    There is a reason as to why voter turnout happends to be so low.

The Idealist generations (aka, currently known as the Babyboomers; born between 1946 - 1964) are usually very distrusting of government, far less interested in the political process, and are more likely to believe that government is "self interested" rather than used to serve the people. And hold on tight to deeply held vaules and beliefs. Idealist generations are also Far more likely to prefer Split-Ticket Voting as opposed to Straight-Ticket Voting. And voter-turnout tends to be low.

which is why it seem that change takes a long time.

The previous Idealist Generation in the cycle before was known as the "Missionary generation".

After the Idealist Generation comes the Reactive generation (aka the current ones being Gen-Xers; born between 1965 - 1980) are usually more family oriented, and have a sense of community. And while still holding most of the same vaules as the previous generation, tend to be more lax in their idea of them. They are also more likely to be risk-taking and pragmatic. Reactive generations are often push around thoughout their lifes in society because they are wedged right between the next BIG generation.

The last Reactive generation in the cycle was known as the "Lost Generation"

The Civic generation (aka, currently called the Millennial generation; born between 1981- and 2000) which as children are rasied in an Extremely protective manner and as adults are far more oriented to deal with societal challenges, problem solving, and teamwork. They are Optomistic and are very interested in government and the political process. A typical Millennial would agree with this statement, atleast to some degree- "Government has the ablility to change most of the problems of society". Millennials are more likely to become involed in the polictical arena and are better suited for using new ideas and technologies. They also have a greater sense of "acceptance" and are more unlikely to hold very deep vaules. Voter-turnout among Civic generations also tends to be very high, and prefer Straight-ticket voting.

The previous Civic generation in the cycle was the "GI generation" (Also called "greatest generation") and are very similar in their attitude toward government as the Millenial generation.

Finally, the last generation in the Cycle is the Adaptive generation, (a name has not been given to this generation; people born after 2000). A recessive generation much akin to the Reactive generation are raised in an OVERprotected and suffocating way. This makes Adaptive generations more risk-avoiding, and more likely to accept compromise.

The previous Adaptive generation in the cycle was known as the "Silent generation"

So, once all the Millenials get to be of voting age, we should start seeing more progressive movements and less gridlock between the Babyboomers.

Edit: also note, none of these generation types have any correlation to being pre-disposed as being either "liberal" or "conservative".
    i'm in the millenial generation.

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 12:07 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mokochocolatte View Post
    Gizmo, all I can see you doing is bumping your threads, which is why I see you have over 400 post in less than three-four months.
    The Force is strong with this one.

Bad Memory

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by ShizuNee View Post
    I for one don't call myself either. I believe in what I believe in and I'm not going to use the label of a political party to sterotype myself into a set of beliefs in other's eyes. I'm more intelligent than that. Sure political parties have their place and I'm not going to refute that but I wont say I'm a republican or a democrat when next election my beliefs might not be the beliefs of the same party they were the election before. I think that way of thinking is archaic and flawed and part of the reason our system is always stuck in the same problems election after election. I have an uncle who votes republican even if he doesn't agree with the republican candidate only because "he's republican so he must have my best interests in mind." Yet time after time hes usually disappointed regardless of which party wins the election. Too many people fall into this trap of "party loyalty".
    While there are some people who stick blindly to the label of "Democrat" or "Republican", not all people who give themselves these "labels" think this way. Thinking that they do is about as flawed as actually falling into the pit of strict party loyalty itself.

For me, I am a Democrat (I am certainly not a Moderate, so I won't even go there). However, I use this "label" as a means to an end; I merely use it because it sums up my basic political beliefs in one word. Do I always vote Democrat? No; I look for the best candidate regardless of party. Is "Democrat" basically my default vote? Yes, because its the party I agree most with; doesn't mean I agree with every single little thing they say.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

I'm a Republican due to family tradition, but more of the Ron Paul/Barry Goldwater-type in which my views are along the lines of Libertarianism/Constitutionalism. I don't like big government in any form. I think their exclusive role should just be mostly military development and foreign policy.

I'm against the bail outs. How are the bail outs that Bush and Obama paved way for supposed to affect average Americans like you and me? I'm a college graduate and got a 3.3 GPA. I had trouble finding a job for a few years after graduation? Where's my bail out after paying rapid increasing tuition prices and parking fees? Where are the people's bail outs when they couldn't afford to pay their mortgages? How does helping the banks and auto industries help us directly?

I think the stimulus package is a Socialist sham. There's money going to zip codes that don't exist (http://newmexico.watchdog.org/2010/0...nt-zip-codes/)!!! Chicago politics at work!

I think the Patriot Act is the biggest attack on civil liberties. I think the IRS is the biggest swindle in history. I think marijuana should be decriminalized, and be treated as a medical problem, not a criminal problem. Yeah, for the longest time, I gave into the bull crap that one joint was worse than a pack of cigarettes. Yes, marijuana does have more medical benefits than cigarettes, but it does lead to other drug abuse such as needles in which why it needs to be treated as a medical problem.

As for abortion, I really won't have any definite view for myself until the situation happens to me directly. I think everybody should be able to pursue their own religious beliefs, but they shouldn't use it to harm or even kill others, and shouldn't shove it down people's throats. I'm for legalizing gay marriage? I mean, are we to blame the gays for the increasing divorce rate for the past 20 years?

And the list goes on.
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ParaParaJMo View Post
    I'm a Republican due to family tradition, but more of the Ron Paul/Barry Goldwater-type in which my views are along the lines of Libertarianism/Constitutionalism. I don't like big government in any form. I think their exclusive role should just be mostly military development and foreign policy.

I'm against the bail outs. How are the bail outs that Bush and Obama paved way for supposed to affect average Americans like you and me? I'm a college graduate and got a 3.3 GPA. I had trouble finding a job for a few years after graduation? Where's my bail out after paying rapid increasing tuition prices and parking fees? Where are the people's bail outs when they couldn't afford to pay their mortgages? How does helping the banks and auto industries help us directly?

I think the stimulus package is a Socialist sham. There's money going to zip codes that don't exist (http://newmexico.watchdog.org/2010/01/03/federal-stimulus-funds-reportedly-spent-in-nonexistent-zip-codes/)!!! Chicago politics at work!

I think the Patriot Act is the biggest attack on civil liberties. I think the IRS is the biggest swindle in history. I think marijuana should be decriminalized, and be treated as a medical problem, not a criminal problem. Yeah, for the longest time, I gave into the bull crap that one joint was worse than a pack of cigarettes. Yes, marijuana does have more medical benefits than cigarettes, but it does lead to other drug abuse such as needles in which why it needs to be treated as a medical problem.

As for abortion, I really won't have any definite view for myself until the situation happens to me directly. I think everybody should be able to pursue their own religious beliefs, but they shouldn't use it to harm or even kill others, and shouldn't shove it down people's throats. I'm for legalizing gay marriage? I mean, are we to blame the gays for the increasing divorce rate for the past 20 years?

And the list goes on.
    would you vote for Sarah Palin?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Since I'm here right now and he's not, and I'm a Republican too, I'll answer that one.

NO!

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo Duck View Post
    would you vote for Sarah Palin?
    Most Republicans don't like her. She represents everything wrong with the party.

Bad Memory

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

but shes at the upper enchaleon of the party, if she decided to run in 2012 she'd probley win the nomination, thats whats wrong with the republican party.

Junior Member bonym is on a distinguished road bonym's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-28-2010 11:55 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Show View Post
    Most Republicans don't like her. She represents everything wrong with the party.

Bad Memory
    maybe with her daughter... I am a republican, but I am not so sure that is the best orientation those days

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo Duck View Post
    but shes at the upper enchaleon of the party,
    No, she's not. She was a nobody politically before-hand. Her influence now is still pretty minimal, despite media clamoring otherwise.

if she decided to run in 2012 she'd probley win the nomination
    No, she wouldn't. She wasn't picked as VP by popular vote or because she somehow represented the GOP voting body. Her pick was a political move by the RNC. They'd be damn fools to pick her to try to represent the party and doing so would swell the numbers of Independents.

Bad Memory

Closed Thread

Thread Information