AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Dr Who: The End Of Time [Review/spoilers]

Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2016 11:02 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Dr Who: The End Of Time [Review/spoilers]

No Real section or this so under Eris' suggestion to Misc it goes.

As we all know this was David Tennants swan song as the tenth Dr, and over parts one and two I have to say we were thrown a few curveballs.

As we know from the "Planet of The Dead" special there was a prophecy that "He will knock four times" and the Doctor would die.

The final twist about who knocked four times was just a tad wow, it turns out it was Donna's grandfather "Wilf" and i myself did not see that coming.

I'm also intrigued as to knowing who this woman was that (for lack of a better term) 'guided' Wilf to the The Doctor and indeed helped save him at first.

I gotta say the musical score in this was beautiful and complimented the mood of each scene perfectly. Especially the emotional scenes where The Doctor was visiting (as Davros dubbed them) "His Children Of Time". However i thought the scene where The Doctor visited Jack and set him up with Alonso like some Intergalactic Pimp in the Star Wars cantina scene replica was a little over the top.

Loving how The Master seemed to be the Time Lord meal ticket out of the time war, Had to laugh at him when they just turned on him and said "Uhhh no your a disease kthankbye."

Anywho lets wrap this up i think this two part special was most definitely a triumph of script writing and acting. I'm just a tiny bit pensive about how Matt Smith will take to the roll, If his catch line is "Geronimo!" i won't be a happy boy.

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

Senior Member chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Cancer Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2011 05:33 AM
    Threads

Haha i dont know if you saw the next series preview that was shown after the Doctor Who Confidential episode, but it gives a good indication that indeed, "Geronimo!" will be Matt Smith's tagline!

I like your description of the bar scene and the Doctor as an "intergalactic pimp"- that made me laugh quite a bit considering yeh, thats pretty much what it was... I didnt really expect it to be Wilf either, and the fact that i was kept guessing about pretty much everything up until the end made that episode for me- i expected him to regenerate in the radiation tank for one...

I also thought the lady might have been (as outlandish as it may seem) the Doctors mother if it was the same woman that was stood with the Time Lords in the entrance way of the link/portal/whatever youd call it, just because of his reaction to seeing her- however, if it wasnt the same woman then that last comment only applies to the Time Lord woman he made eye contact with (im probably gonna regret ever having this theory when it is revealed)

But yeh... i think im most definitely going to miss the 10th Doctor! Tennants acting has totally made this show for me and im hoping Matt Smith will keep the show as successful and enjoyable as Tennant has made it before him ^^

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tattster View Post
    I'm also intrigued as to knowing who this woman was that (for lack of a better term) 'guided' Wilf to the The Doctor and indeed helped save him at first.
    Wasn't she that time lord woman that indicated to the doctor where to shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by Tattster View Post
    Anywho lets wrap this up i think this two part special was most definitely a triumph of script writing and acting. I'm just a tiny bit pensive about how Matt Smith will take to the roll, If his catch line is "Geronimo!" i won't be a happy boy.
    I'm open-minded towards Matt so far. He did seem to exhibit that Tom Bakeresque absentmindedness I like.

Anyway, I'm glad to see Russell T Davies is out of the picture. While I'm grateful he brought back Doctor Who, he has done a significant amount of damage to the series.

A short list of the mistakes as I see them with the Doctor Who revival:
    • The sonic screwdriver is the solution to every single problem. The doctor used to actually tinker back in the days. Occasionally, he'd use it to open a door or so, but now he uses it for absolutely everything. That's just sloppy writing.
    • Removing the Time Lords and Gallifrey. Without them, the doctor has no peers. He is literally a god among men. So when he isn't running around saving the planet, or more often so, the universe, he's moping around being Emo about how that occasionally hurts people.
    • It's gotten so over the top! Every other episode has a gigantic robot made of Cybermen that shoots Daleks from it's eyes ravaging London. And the music is so over the top it makes Wagnerian opera sound like elevator music.
    • Everything bad comes to Earth nowadays. And not just Earth, it comes to England. And not just England, it comes to London. Back in the days, the doctor had to go to other planets to encounter most villains. Now he can just lounge in a comfy chair in central London and wait for the big bad to come to him.
    Last edited by Eris; 01-01-2010 at 08:57 PM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Closed Thread

Thread Information