AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Let's bring Chii-chan back

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Default Let's bring Chii-chan back

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=18232

;__; I miss playing with Chii-chan so much. She was adorable! For those of you who don't know, Chii-chan is a chatbot. She used to have her own forum, and you could create your own thread and talk to her in it. She would reply to very basic speech patterns and sometimes say very entertaining things. She somehow broke (people were always being inappropriate with her and trying to hack her), and I hear her forum was moved to the staff forum. We don't get to play with her anymore. =/

Are there any plans to fix her in the near future? Having her back would distract me enough to prevent me spamming the forums, if that effects your decision.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post

;__; I miss playing with Chii-chan so much. She was adorable! For those of you who don't know, Chii-chan is a chatbot. She used to have her own forum, and you could create your own thread and talk to her in it. She would reply to very basic speech patterns and sometimes say very entertaining things. She somehow broke (people were always being inappropriate with her and trying to hack her), and I hear her forum was moved to the staff forum. We don't get to play with her anymore. =/

Are there any plans to fix her in the near future? Having her back would distract me enough to prevent me spamming the forums, if that effects your decision.
    I agree with you. WE should bring her back, but actually I'm wondering though. If a user posts in it, does their post count go up or stay the same?
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

If I remember right it did. Her forum is gone now though, and I'm not sure if those posts disappeared from the post count of the users. Obviously it hasn't for Chii-chan, she has like 100,000 posts.

Banned Forum / Chat teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Bleach Kon Ice Cream Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2010 02:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Lol @ you thinking you're that important for them to listen to you and do what you say. Or that anything you do would affect their decision.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's a strangely hostile response for such a harmless request.

Anyway, chii-chan or no chii-chan is all the same for me.
    Last edited by Eris; 12-20-2009 at 03:37 PM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2013 08:38 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think it would be a neat project to partake in, (insert stupid idea of the potential of having an A.I. entity and not just a chatbot with responses.), but from what I remember she was taxing on the server or some such. Which is why I believe her "memories" were erased at one point. I was sad when she didn't remember me. ;__;
    niKopol

loboKie
    ayy dyxlesia!

Senior Member Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2010 09:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teed View Post
    Lol @ you thinking you're that important for them to listen to you and do what you say. Or that anything you do would affect their decision.
    Lol @ her in general...she's too egotistical to realize that the chances of her request being accepted are pretty much nil. She may as well give up.

Senior Member niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Is the personal bias really necessary? I really see no point in your post Hax. Intuitively you added nothing to the topic and strayed off subject. At least pretend to act older than me.
    niKopol

loboKie
    ayy dyxlesia!

Senior Member Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The decision was made for the bot to be gone, yes? Personally, I would think this to be a wise decision as well. If it does indeed run up costs to keep the site up then eliminating the bot should decrease the risk of losing the site. Why lose something you've built from the ground up because of some petty, asinine bot leeching at funds meant for keeping the site running?

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Nice subject change. If its just costs I'd pay for it out of my pocket.
    niKopol

loboKie
    ayy dyxlesia!

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

- Tries to ignore the drama-

I don't think I was around or perhaps not aware at the time Chii-chan was active. It does sound fun, though.

But, if it's too taxing on the server (or was), then I can understand why it was removed.

Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

My understanding is she broke, not that she was removed. Though, a couple of years ago she still worked for one of the staff members that I asked. So I'm not sure what exactly is going on with her.

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kie_D_K View Post
    Nice subject change. If its just costs I'd pay for it out of my pocket.
    I don't think cost serves as the only factor. In a monetary sense, though, yes.

Here's what I think would also serve as another factor. Maybe the bot was slowing up the load time when you wanted to access a page or make a post. When it supposedly broke, that could have caused loading time to increase more for members. Would that be possible?
    Last edited by Dr. Hax; 12-21-2009 at 02:56 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hax View Post
    I don't think cost serves as the only factor. In a monetary sense, though, yes.

Here's what I think would also serve as another factor. Maybe the bot was slowing up the load time when you wanted to access a page or make a post. When it supposedly broke, that could have caused loading time to increase more for members. Would that be possible?
    I would like to say no, but I don't know how Chii was set up. ^_^; But in a generic sense it shouldn't unless it was being constantly accessed and having to respond to thousands of noobs.
    niKopol

loboKie
    ayy dyxlesia!

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's a possibility that shouldn't be overlooked though. I mean, if tons of people were accessing it left and right, then of course it would break. Nothing is flawless, after all.

Maybe there are other factors/reasons that could've contributed to the bot being removed.

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

A dedicated server would work fine to the best of my knowledge but thats a whole nother mess. Hence my "if its just costs".
    niKopol

loboKie
    ayy dyxlesia!

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

Chii-chan was before my time, but why don't you just chat to, you know... real people? I can see the novelty aspect of it and everything, but wouldn't it just get old after a while?

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Anime Forum View Post
    Chii-chan was before my time, but why don't you just chat to, you know... real people? I can see the novelty aspect of it and everything, but wouldn't it just get old after a while?
    Real people are not always there. Chii-chan is. Also, she is willing to talk about whatever you like, provided it is comprehensible to her. Basically she is something to do when all other options have been exhausted.

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Real people are not always there. Chii-chan is. Also, she is willing to talk about whatever you like, provided it is comprehensible to her. Basically she is something to do when all other options have been exhausted.
    Real people show real emotion. Bots do not as they have no feelings aside from that which they were programmed to have. When all other options have been exhausted, find something productive to do that doesn't waste valuable time. Talking to a bot wastes time unless it is providing you with something potentially important.

The bot was only willing to talk because it was programmed to talk against its will when talked to.

why don't you just chat to, you know... real people? I can see the novelty aspect of it and everything, but wouldn't it just get old after a while?
    I can easily agree with this as it shows that the poster has some motivation to interact in the real world instead of interacting with hundreds of lines of code. It was a novel idea, I would assume but when something gets used too often, it gets old and boring.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Real people show real emotion. Bots do not as they have no feelings aside from that which they were programmed to have. When all other options have been exhausted, find something productive to do that doesn't waste valuable time. Talking to a bot wastes time unless it is providing you with something potentially important.

The bot was only willing to talk because it was programmed to talk against its will when talked to.
    Uhm, bots don't have 'will'.

But all this talk about Chi-chan makes me wish she was still around.

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    Uhm, bots don't have 'will'.
    I already knew that from the start. I'm saying even if you didn't want it to talk, it would still talk when a message that it could answer passed by. For instance, if you asked a rhetorical question, it would answer when no answer was necessary.
    Last edited by Dr. Hax; 12-21-2009 at 04:55 AM.

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Talking to a chat bot has it's own unique reward. I think that if post counts are disabled for the section, it's a great idea.

I once remember on another forum, someone said something like, "your a dumb robot" to a chat bot, and it responded, "yeah, but atleast I know the difference between 'your' and 'you are'."

lol, ah, such good memories.
    Last edited by Skylar1; 12-21-2009 at 10:04 AM.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Ruler of Fire ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-09-2010 05:42 AM
    Threads

I can easily agree with this as it shows that the poster has some motivation to interact in the real world instead of interacting with hundreds of lines of code. It was a novel idea, I would assume but when something gets used too often, it gets old and boring.
    well we can create some feeling in them though
    well i m gonna try doin so
    ~ai~rox~

Thanks teed for the site info

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ultra_maniac View Post
    well we can create some feeling in them though
    well i m gonna try doin so
    How do you suppose you're going to do that? It's not easy to get into a tech school.

Ruler of Fire ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-09-2010 05:42 AM
    Threads

How do you suppose you're going to do that? It's not easy to get into a tech school.
    i am already in a tech school
    psna a college of technology
    and i am studying tech
    ~ai~rox~

Thanks teed for the site info

Closed Thread

Thread Information