AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh the First Series anime

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Yu-Gi-Oh the First Series anime

I know it is rather old and not many people like it due to the otherwise junky art color and voice acting quality but the plot is not at all bad in my mind anyway. Though the manga is indead much better and often makes more sense. What do you guys think of it. FYI this series has gained a few other names by fans though they're incorrect however they sometimes still apply.
    The series true name is Yu-Gi-Oh the Shadow Games. Other names include
    Yu-Gi-Oh the First Series and the ever popular and least correct name given to it is Season0. Because it is in fact a different series all together from Duel Monsters.

So what do you guys think of it bad or good things.
    Gero Server Guru

The Bringer of Nightmares RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2011 07:36 PM
    Threads

i would say its good
    We Know There Is A End Before There Is Ever A Beginning

Senior Member chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91 has a reputation beyond repute chii-chan91's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Cancer Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2011 05:33 AM
    Threads

I love the first series! YGO was the first anime i ever got into (about 2/3 years ago when i started watching anime, so not when i was a kid like many) and i didnt realise when i first saw manga in a bookstore that it was a different series from Duel Monsters- i like the fact its not all about Duel Monsters (something that is strangely refreshing after all 200 odd episodes of card games...) and the manga in particular illustrates that Seto and Mokuba might ACTUALLY be related! (im sorry, i cant see any physical similarities in the Duel Monsters series...)
    Plus, the opening and ending music for the anime is beyond awesome in my opinion ^^ Who cares if the animations a bit dated- doesnt stop the story being any less epic

Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Strawberry Nunchaku Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2015 08:37 PM
    The Hellish Death Realms where demons dwell (a.k.a. Planet Earth)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I haven't watched it yet, but I've read parts of what looked like it in Shonen Jump. Anything with violence and anything 4Kids hasn't butchered yet must be good!

Oh, Hi-deeki, imagine... your kind not eating raw fish! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hideki Motosuwa. View Post
    I haven't watched it yet, but I've read parts of what looked like it in Shonen Jump. Anything with violence and anything 4Kids hasn't butchered yet must be good!
    Well a lot of people do not like it cause when compared to Yu-Gi-Oh DM it look really bad and the VAs are not much better though it is not the worst series I've ever seen before. It is much better then GX for sure though.
    Gero Server Guru

Senior Member sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2010 08:54 PM
    Threads

I think that it was pretty awesome. Yami was pretty cruel and that was cool. that season was great despite the animation.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sapphirewyren View Post
    I think that it was pretty awesome. Yami was pretty cruel and that was cool. that season was great despite the animation.
    I agree though it was more the art quality then the animation quality that suffered.
    Gero Server Guru

Junior Member NearLawliet is on a distinguished road NearLawliet's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2010 08:35 PM
    Threads

I actually enjoyed the season with the seal of ory calcous stuff. I know alot of people dont like that season, but its the only one that made me cry, aspecially the part when the pharoh plays the seal and yugi is taken.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NearLawliet View Post
    I actually enjoyed the season with the seal of ory calcous stuff. I know alot of people dont like that season, but its the only one that made me cry, aspecially the part when the pharoh plays the seal and yugi is taken.
    That is a good season but this topic is about the first series also called Season0
    Gero Server Guru

You're out of your vector. Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Cookie Cake Lie Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-04-2015 11:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

*Sigh* I miss the first series as they don't air it anymore except for the odd occasional movie from that era...:*(
    Hopefully will get off misfortune cloud,
    ~DB

Senior Member Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2010 07:41 AM
    Threads

Season 0 was just freaking awesome!! i understand why it wasn't dubbed. yugi screwed with so many minds by thinking they're rich, engulfed in flames, and just so violently awesome!!

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/ENC...AzBl0Pp95cPgk1
    Saving the World, one Duel at a time.
    Get your game On!!

My Family;
    Little Sister: ~*Clawdia*~
    Brother: jose101
    Cousin: LadyWolf14
    Twin Sister:♥Miss.Bun Bun

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Knight View Post
    Season 0 was just freaking awesome!! i understand why it wasn't dubbed. yugi screwed with so many minds by thinking they're rich, engulfed in flames, and just so violently awesome!!
    Agreed, Though if it had been dubbed it would have never been done right anyway.
    Gero Server Guru

Senior Member Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2010 07:41 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gero50 View Post
    Agreed, Though if it had been dubbed it would have never been done right anyway.
    well i guess some anime is better off not dubbed.

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/ENC...AzBl0Pp95cPgk1
    Saving the World, one Duel at a time.
    Get your game On!!

My Family;
    Little Sister: ~*Clawdia*~
    Brother: jose101
    Cousin: LadyWolf14
    Twin Sister:♥Miss.Bun Bun

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-1969 07:00 PM
    Threads

I'm not quite sure which series is which, but I liked everything before GX. When GX came out, it ruined Yu-Gi-Oh. So yes the first series was great!

Junior Member egyptainsoulcapture has much to be proud of egyptainsoulcapture has much to be proud of egyptainsoulcapture has much to be proud of egyptainsoulcapture has much to be proud of egyptainsoulcapture has much to be proud of egyptainsoulcapture has much to be proud of egyptainsoulcapture has much to be proud of egyptainsoulcapture has much to be proud of egyptainsoulcapture has much to be proud of egyptainsoulcapture's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2010 04:37 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: minxycat1234

I love Yu gi oh the old old version. . I like the whole mystery surrounding the card game itself.
    I still watch it today....actually I am watching it today! lol.
    Also I swear death was said at least 10 times in each episode!!!!! (in season 0) that was amazing! lol It was so sinister...XD

Senior Member The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2011 08:57 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: goku100107

The show is nostalgic. I always told my friends I could beat them in a duel,but they wind up kicking my butt .

Junior Member egyptainsoulcapture has much to be proud of egyptainsoulcapture has much to be proud of egyptainsoulcapture has much to be proud of egyptainsoulcapture has much to be proud of egyptainsoulcapture has much to be proud of egyptainsoulcapture has much to be proud of egyptainsoulcapture has much to be proud of egyptainsoulcapture has much to be proud of egyptainsoulcapture has much to be proud of egyptainsoulcapture's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
    The show is nostalgic. I always told my friends I could beat them in a duel,but they wind up kicking my butt .
    Lol Not as bad as me. I used to make up the rules when I was younger. lol...........well what I thought was the rules at the time- which is properly why I kept winning

Senior Member Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini has a reputation beyond repute Shini's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Favorite Mic Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2012 03:36 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Galactakus

I loved the original, just like with pretty much every other series that produced sequels. Seriously, though, somebody should have told me that in an actual duel you can't simply win by believing in the "heart of the cards".

I'm back, baby! Credit to my gurl Bou for the sig.

Senior Member The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher has a reputation beyond repute The Butcher's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by egyptainsoulcapture View Post
    Lol Not as bad as me. I used to make up the rules when I was younger. lol...........well what I thought was the rules at the time- which is properly why I kept winning
    I'd always shuffle my cards right back into the same place when we shuffled . I'd also draw a card or two when they were not looking.

My opponents never noticed.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
    I'd always shuffle my cards right back into the same place when we shuffled . I'd also draw a card or two when they were not looking.

My opponents never noticed.

lol. I used to use pen and paper to work out life points..........however I never worked it out right- I always managed to take of more of my brothers life points than mine.........silly rules, I swear they change all the time........or maybe its just me. lol

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I always used a calculator,can't stand to do math on paper anymore.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I wish the life points were to pop up underneath the person, like in the anime/manga.......I mean then no one has to use anything and it would be awesome.

Senior Member Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts 311 - Plusle 133 - Eevee Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2014 03:25 AM
    Threads

I loved the first series more than any of the rest,
    that show got me into liking the card game but that only lasted a few years I believe.

I sort of lost interest after they came out with all the Synchros and Tuners, even though they are a bit cooler to play with.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Novak View Post
    I loved the first series more than any of the rest,
    that show got me into liking the card game but that only lasted a few years I believe.

I sort of lost interest after they came out with all the Synchros and Tuners, even though they are a bit cooler to play with.
    Synchros and Tuners.....lol. I brought my brother a deck with these cards in. I bought myself a pack too just to see what they were about. But I still love the old monster/trap and magic cards.......

Senior Member Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts 311 - Plusle 133 - Eevee Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2014 03:25 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by egyptainsoulcapture View Post
    Synchros and Tuners.....lol. I brought my brother a deck with these cards in. I bought myself a pack too just to see what they were about. But I still love the old monster/trap and magic cards.......
    Yeah, I still like some of the old ones too.

I think the only thing I hate about the card game is that they banned my favorite card;
    Dark Magician of Chaos.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information